Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,064 members, 7,832,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

My Re-election Gave S/east Sense Of Belonging— Dep. Senate President Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Re-election Gave S/east Sense Of Belonging— Dep. Senate President Ekweremadu (477 Views)

Houses & Cars Belonging To Kidnappers In Kogi Destroyed By Governor Bello. PICS / Igbo Groups Asks Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu To Step Down / My Re-election Gave S/east Sense Of Belonging— Dep. Senate President Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Re-election Gave S/east Sense Of Belonging— Dep. Senate President Ekweremadu by chesterlee(m): 12:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
New Deputy Senate President (DSP), Ike
Ekweremadu, yesterday, stated that the decision
of majority of the people of South-East to vote for
the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, was a
decision they are proud of.
He said that given another opportunity, the people
will vote in the same manner.
Speaking on arrival at Akanu Ibiam International
Airport, Enugu, where a mamoth crowd of
supporters and political allies gathered to receive
him, Ekweremadu stated that he decided to take
another shot at the position of Deputy Senate
President when it appeared the people of the
South-East were about to be sidelined in the new
dispensation.
The Deputy Senate President, urged fellow
senators and indeed all political office holders to
settle down for business to deliver dividends of
democracy to Nigerians as days of politics were
over.
He advised the APC administration of President
Muhamadu Buhari to accommodate all Nigerians
irrespective of party and ethnic inclination.
“We have no regret. Igbos have no regret for the
way they voted; if they have the opportunity
tomorrow, they will do it again. We are convinced
we voted rightly, and because we believe we are
part and parcel of this country, we believe what
we got is within our right. So we expect that APC
should be able to accommodate the people of
South-South as they form their government,
because don’t forget that Buhari got about 15
million votes; we have more than 150 million
Nigerians, so he is not the President of 15 million
people; the rest of the people must be
accommodated,”Ekweremadu said.
“In fact, that was why when we saw that it
appears that South-East and South-South were
being marginalised in the scheme of things, we
decided to take a shot so that our people will be
part and parcel of government, so that every part
of Nigeria will have a sense of belonging”.

Source: www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/my-re-election-gave-seastssouth-sense-of-belonging-dep-senate-president-ekweremadu/

cc Lalasticlala ishilove Seun

Re: My Re-election Gave S/east Sense Of Belonging— Dep. Senate President Ekweremadu by madridguy(m): 12:28pm On Jun 14, 2015
Our bad politician causing division among us since the day of our independent. What did he stand to gain from this speech...who is marginilizing who? Nigeria belongs to all of us, no tribe, religion, or group is superior more than other...if I may ask him, what was his contribution to the development of the South east since sitting in the senate....all their struggling is for their personal pocket...Shame on our politician...no light, no security, no good health care, no good road, no good justice, no water, no good education, no food, and other amenities...God alone will judge you all, be you APC, PDP, SDP, APGA, and others...

2 Likes

Re: My Re-election Gave S/east Sense Of Belonging— Dep. Senate President Ekweremadu by galadima77(m): 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2015
I so concur
Re: My Re-election Gave S/east Sense Of Belonging— Dep. Senate President Ekweremadu by doublewisdom: 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2015
And sleepless nights to the SW.

2 Likes

Re: My Re-election Gave S/east Sense Of Belonging— Dep. Senate President Ekweremadu by 9jii(m): 12:53pm On Jun 14, 2015
But they don't want Belonging
Re: My Re-election Gave S/east Sense Of Belonging— Dep. Senate President Ekweremadu by dunkem21(m): 1:06pm On Jun 14, 2015
Read the Opening paragraph, 2nd paragraph and last paragraph slowly and carefully ..

The kingdom suffereth violence, and men of violence taketh it by force ..

1 Like

Re: My Re-election Gave S/east Sense Of Belonging— Dep. Senate President Ekweremadu by Xpaz: 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2015
There is nothing like sense of belonging.
if you like make an igbo man nigeria president nigerian can never see the igbos who who they are.
the best thing is for the SE To have their own country.
Re: My Re-election Gave S/east Sense Of Belonging— Dep. Senate President Ekweremadu by datola: 1:58pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hmmm..., May be.

(1) (Reply)

Jega: Allegations Of Electoral Fraud In Rivers Greatly Exaggerated / House Crisis: APC Lawmakers Vow To Ensure Speaker Dogara Obeys Party / Saraki Writes APC, Says His Hands Were Tied In Election Of Principal Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.