Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,908 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Once Saved Always Saved - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Once Saved Always Saved (4106 Views)

Once Saved Always Saved And Suicide - Jack Kelley / Is Once Saved Always Saved / Is Once Saved Always Saved? Eternal Security Discussed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Lateralmaths(m): 8:27pm On Jun 15, 2015
Barnabaseloka:
Once saved ever saved is not scriptural. There are two people involved in salvation: God and man. God's work is to save a sinner from the power of sin so that he/she can live righteously before Him. Man's work in salvation is to MAINTAIN the work that God has done in his/her life by living a life that pleases God. Man lives this kind of life not by human efforts but by the Holy Spirit. This does not mean that the Holy Spirit will do the work for the man, but will direct him on what to do.

The Holy Spirit is in the man to make him obey God but it is left for the man to agree or not. The
Holy Spirit is a seal that shows we belong to God, but we should not grieve the Holy Spirit by sinning, for Him not to leave us. Being saved from sin is only a preliquisite to becoming a child of God. You have to 'work out' your salvation- you either live a life that pleases God to maintain this salvation or you lose it even when you think you are still in the race.

Those whom Jesus will admit into heaven are not those who have been saved but keep on sinning, with the mindset that they are eternally saved. They are those who have been saved and live their lives pleasing to God.
Rom.6:1-2
1. What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin (go on sinning) that grace may abound?
2. Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?
1 John 3:9 None of those who are children of God continues to sin, for God's very nature is in them; and because God is their Father, they cannot continue to sin. (GB)
The final salvation comes when you hold on to righteous living TILL THE END.

How can you maintain what you are not qualified to receive...

Explain this

Philippians 2:13 KJV
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Salvation is a gift and God is the one who preserves the saved.

1 John 3:9 KJV
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

What's your definition of sin? going by that definition can you truly say that you don't sin?
1 John 3:9 was speaking of the spirit.

John 3:5-6 KJV
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. [6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Its your regenerated spirit that becomes born again. Your spirit is saved ( eternally secured), your soul is being saved ( through continual renewal of the mind), the body is not yet saved, that is why the body still dies.

2 Likes

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Lateralmaths(m): 8:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Its also a PRIZE , you have to run for it , ( 1cor 9:24) ,
In other words you are saying that Christ's redemption is completed/perfected by man?

2 Likes

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Lateralmaths(m): 8:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
italo:

Gbam.
Once saved always saved is a LIE!
Read the scriptures... What gives one access to eternal life?

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Lateralmaths(m): 8:37pm On Jun 15, 2015
Scholar8200:
Op, if there is unconditional security, what would you say about Judas, Demas, Ananias and Sapphira?
Why would Jesus warn his disciples on the dangers of hell and emphasize the need to watch and take heed?

Then, what was the purpose of the parable of the 10 virgins?
Salvation is by Grace but the person thus saved is commanded to walk in the Spirit else, death(spiritual) will result.
And, why would the Holy Spirit inspire Paul to write:

Romans 8:1,13

1 Therefore, [there is] now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live [and] walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit.
13 For if you live according to [the dictates of] the flesh, you will surely die. But if through the power of the [Holy] Spirit you are [habitually] putting to death (making extinct, deadening) the [evil] deeds prompted by the body, you shall [really and genuinely] live forever.

After salvation, the condition for our security is the highlighted.

See other translations for Rom. 8:1
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.....
preceptaustin.org/new_page_61.htm

That is all there is to Rom.8:1 from the original bible manuscript.

Pls let's study deeper.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Lateralmaths(m): 8:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
Scholar8200:
Op, if there is unconditional security, what would you say about Judas, Demas, Ananias and Sapphira?
Why would Jesus warn his disciples on the dangers of hell and emphasize the need to watch and take heed?

Then, what was the purpose of the parable of the 10 virgins?
Salvation is by Grace but the person thus saved is commanded to walk in the Spirit else, death(spiritual) will result.
And, why would the Holy Spirit inspire Paul to write:

Romans 8:1,13

1 Therefore, [there is] now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live [and] walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit.
13 For if you live according to [the dictates of] the flesh, you will surely die. But if through the power of the [Holy] Spirit you are [habitually] putting to death (making extinct, deadening) the [evil] deeds prompted by the body, you shall [really and genuinely] live forever.

After salvation, the condition for our security is the highlighted.

Check you bible, were they believers (Ananias and Sapphira)?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Scholar8200(m): 8:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
Lateralmaths:

Explain this

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

What's your definition of sin? going by that definition can you truly say that you don't sin?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. [6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Its your regenerated spirit that becomes born again. Your spirit is saved ( eternally secured), your soul is being saved ( through continual renewal of the mind), the body is not yet saved, that is why the body still dies.
As regards the highlighted, see Romans 6:12,13
12 Let not sin therefore rule as king in your mortal (short-lived, perishable) bodies, to make you yield to its cravings and be subject to its lusts and evil passions.
13 Do not continue offering or yielding your bodily members [and [a]faculties] to sin as instruments (tools) of wickedness. But offer and yield yourselves to God as though you have been raised from the dead to [perpetual] life, and your bodily members [and [b]faculties] to God, presenting them as implements of righteousness.

It starts with the word,'let'. Meaning we have a choice to make. If we'll obey the command in the verse then we do it not by struggling but in total dependence on the Holy Spirit
Romans 8:11-13
And if the Spirit of Him Who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, [then] He Who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also restore to life your mortal (short-lived, perishable) bodies through His Spirit Who dwells in you.
12 So then, brethren, we are debtors, but not to the flesh [we are not obligated to our carnal nature], to live [a life ruled by the standards set up by the dictates] of the flesh.

Note that the emphasis on mortal bodies debunks your claim that the body is not saved!
The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death 1 Corinth 15:26 (not sin) hence, pending the time appointed,people still die. However, victory over sin is available while we are alive, by the Power of the Spirit (not referring to Holy Ghost Baptism but Indwelling Spirit at Salvation).

Let me add
1 Thess 5:22-24
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Vs 22 is our responsibility; VS 23 is God's part as long as,through faith, we are faithful to our part.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Lateralmaths(m): 8:53pm On Jun 15, 2015
Scholar8200:
As regards the highlighted, see Romans 6:12,13
12 Let not sin therefore rule as king in your mortal (short-lived, perishable) bodies, to make you yield to its cravings and be subject to its lusts and evil passions.
13 Do not continue offering or yielding your bodily members [and [a]faculties] to sin as instruments (tools) of wickedness. But offer and yield yourselves to God as though you have been raised from the dead to [perpetual] life, and your bodily members [and [b]faculties] to God, presenting them as implements of righteousness.

It starts with the word,'let'. Meaning we have a choice to make. If we'll obey the command in the verse then we do it not by struggling but in total dependence on the Holy Spirit
Romans 8:11-13
And if the Spirit of Him Who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, [then] He Who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also restore to life your mortal (short-lived, perishable) bodies through His Spirit Who dwells in you.
12 So then, brethren, we are debtors, but not to the flesh [we are not obligated to our carnal nature], to live [a life ruled by the standards set up by the dictates] of the flesh.

Note that the emphasis on mortal bodies debunks your claim that the body is not saved!
The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death 1 Corinth 15:26 (not sin) hence, pending the time appointed,people still die. However, victory over sin is available while we are alive, by the Power of the Spirit (not referring to Holy Ghost Baptism but Indwelling Spirit at Salvation).

Let me add
1 Thess 5:22-24
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Vs 22 is our responsibility; VS 23 is God's part as long as,through faith, we are faithful to our part.

24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
That's the answer...
We believe we are saved by grace, yet we live by the law... It doesn't work that way... The Holy Spirit convicts the believer of righteousness. He reveals who you are to you and when that happens you will realize that sin is not an issue...
Sin consciousness is actually looking unto your weaknesses instead of seeing who you are in Christ.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Scholar8200(m): 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2015
Lateralmaths:
Yes, before they yielded to temptation. They must have been of the 3000+ converts on the day of Pentecost since they also associated with the church. Just like Judas, they fell by transgression. Hence we are warned to be sober and vigilant; this would be superfluous if there was no danger.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Lateralmaths(m): 9:03pm On Jun 15, 2015
Barnabaseloka:
Anyone who has the mindset of 'once saved ever saved' should know that he/she has been deceived. This gives them a foothold to 'play' with sin as if nothing has happened to them.

This is why I always tell people to study the Scriptures and never to swallow any pastor's messages hook, line and sinker. Learn from the Bereans! Only those who live holy will see God!
Once you know that your are eternally saved and understand the Love of God, you can't sin.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Lateralmaths(m): 9:09pm On Jun 15, 2015
Scholar8200:
Yes, before they yielded to temptation. They must have been of the 3000+ converts on the day of Pentecost since they also associated with the church. Just like Judas, they fell by transgression. Hence we are warned to be sober and vigilant; this would be superfluous if there was no danger.
The bible did not call them believers...
Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Barnabaseloka(m): 11:08pm On Jun 15, 2015
Lateralmaths:

Explain this

God who saves a man has given man what he needs to maintain it- the Holy Spirit and His word.
In Phil.2:13, God works in the man through His Spirit to make the man have the urge or desire to do His will and helps the man to carry it out. Man also has got choice to obey God or not even when such desires come, for God does not force man to obey Him.

1 John 3:7-9
7. Little children, let no one deceive you. He who PRACTICES righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
8. He who sins (continues in sin)-present continuous tense, is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning.....
9. Whoever has been born of God does not sin for His seed remains in him, and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God. (KJV)
9. None of those who are children of God continues to sin, for God's very nature is in them; and because God is their Father, they cannot continue to sin. (GB)
Read this passage in different bible translations for better understanding.
John wanted us to know that it is not expected of us as children of God to commit sin b/c we have the nature of God in Us. He was trying to tell us the PERFECT or ABSOLUTE will of God for His children.

How do you relate it to these passages from the same author-John?
1 John 2:1,3-6
1. My little children, these things I write to you that you may not sin. And IF (in case, by mistake, unknowingly, but not as a habit) anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the risghteous. Here shows that a child of God can mistakenly sin but not that it is habitual or continuous.
3. Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
4. He who says 'I know Him,' and does not keep His commandments, is a liar and the truth is not in him.
5. But whoever keeps (continues to do) His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. This means that we know that we are in Jesus when we keep His commands.
6. He who says he abides in Him ought also to walk just as He walked.

That I sin does not mean it is habitual. I still have the human nature in my body. This is why I continually study God's word to get renewed in the mind (which is the control house) in order not to sin, which is the perfect will of God for me.

If one's spirit is eternally saved as you put it, why will God judge people based on their works, even after they are saved?
Rev.22:12 And behold I am coming quickly and My reward is with Me to give to EVERYONE according to HIS WORK.
Rev.20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to THEIR WORKS, by the things which were written in the books.
Mt.7:21 Not everyone who says to Me Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but HE who DOES (obeys, practices) the will (instructions / commandments) of My Father in heaven.
Luke 3:8-9
8. Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance....
9. And even now, the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Explain these:
Mt.24:13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
What have you to say about Judas Iscariot, Dermas, Ananias and Sapphira and the other people that were once saved. Were they eternally saved?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Barnabaseloka(m): 11:12pm On Jun 15, 2015
Lateralmaths:
Once you know that your are eternally saved and understand the Love of God, you can't sin.
Tell me that you do not in any way commit sin? I do not mean confession of faith.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved by NumberOne2(m): 11:57pm On Jun 15, 2015
Lateralmaths:
Hmmm, did unbelievers bring their belongings to the Apostles also? Why would they do that?
But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
- Acts 5:1-2

Well, I am surprise at the length of this thread.
To them who still believe in "Once Saved Always Saved" go read the messages of Jesus to the Churches of Asia in Revelation Chapter 2 & 3. If that does not convince you, NOTHING else will. Goodluck.

Practical Question:
We probably know of Atheists who were once Born again Christians but now deny God. They even convince other Christians to fall from the faith. So these will also make it to Heaven because they were ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED? shocked

I conclude with this:
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. - Revelation 3:21-22

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by italo: 6:09am On Jun 16, 2015
Lateralmaths:

Read the scriptures...
What gives one access to eternal life?

Faith and good works.

James 2:24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Or is the book of James not scripture?

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by CAPTIVATOR: 6:39am On Jun 16, 2015
Lateralmaths:
In other words you are saying that Christ's redemption is completed/perfected by man?

Am not gonna debate anything with you , you said its not a PRIZE , and I use 1cor 9:24 that said its a PRIZE to correct your view!

Listen to italo .
Re: Once Saved Always Saved by italo: 8:01am On Jun 16, 2015
Lateralmaths:
Salvation is a gift, not o prize to be won.

1Cor9:24 Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it.

Lateralmaths:

2Cor9:27 but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.

Col1:24 I am now rejoicing in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am completing what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church.

It is safe to say that Lateralmaths is not a Christian, like St. Paul.

2 Likes

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Lateralmaths(m): 8:32am On Jun 16, 2015
italo:

1Cor9:24 Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it.

2Cor9:27 but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.

Col1:24 I am now rejoicing in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am completing what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church.

It is safe to say that Lateralmaths is not a Christian, like St. Paul.

What prize was Paul running for?
Definetly not salvation.
There is a prize attached to our grace enabled works.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Scholar8200(m): 8:33am On Jun 16, 2015
The redemption provided through Christ changes us, not God, when we believe.

Exodus 32: 32,33 is not part of the law but a revelation of the Divine Nature.

32 Yet now, if You will forgive their sin—and if not, blot me, I pray You, out of Your book which You have written!
33 But the Lord said to Moses, Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him [not you] out of My book.

The OT and NT states unequivocally, the soul that sins, it shall die/wages of sin is death.

Besides, what then would you say, Op, concerning these people

2 Peter 2:20-21
20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through [the full, personal] knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they again become entangled in them and are overcome, their last condition is worse [for them] than the first.
21 For never to have obtained a [full, personal] knowledge of the way of righteousness would have been better for them than, having obtained [such knowledge], to turn back from the holy commandment which was [verbally] delivered to them.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Barnabaseloka(m): 8:43am On Jun 16, 2015
Lateralmaths:

What prize was Paul running for? Definetly not salvation. There is a prize attached to our grace enabled works.
And what disqualification was Paul talking about?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved by jnrbayano(m): 8:49am On Jun 16, 2015
"Once saved, always saved" is a doctrine from the darkest part of hell wrought by hardcore Pentecostals.

Prove against it in the bible is littered everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by italo: 9:43am On Jun 16, 2015
Lateralmaths:

What prize was Paul running for?
Definetly not salvation.
There is a prize attached to our grace enabled works.

What prize that is not salvation? Ice cream?

James2:24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

What is James referring to here? Salvation or Ice cream?

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
Heb 10 answers your question..
"
Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 19, 2015
sportsmaster:
Heb 10 answers your question..

"

Yeah. Especially 10:26-31

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
Lateralmaths:

See other translations for Rom. 8:1
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.....
preceptaustin.org/new_page_61.htm

That is all there is to Rom.8:1 from the original bible manuscript.

Pls let's study deeper.

Nice one bro.
That guy (scholar8200) behaves like he knows everything and he does not seem to know much..

That how i explained in one thread that "righteousness is by faith" in the New Testament..
He(scholar8200) said that the righteousness standards are higher in the New testament..
Even Abraham ,Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him as righteousness.Gen15:6,Rom4. Righteousness is by faith.
If righteousness came by the law,then Christ died in vain.
It's as simple as that.

I pray for you bro "that you Grow more and more in the Knowledge of the Jesus"Eph1:16-19

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Hoseaovo(m): 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2015
Well, so I confessed my sins and believed in the Jesus yesterday. Today im back to my smoking and already had one round of fornication. And now u say i'm free and covered by Grace? Tufiakwa!!!! God forbids. Be not decieved ( by false teachers who with fair speech have taught you this soul damning heresy), For whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.

Now Grace is never a yardstick to commit sin. When sin knocks at the door, the Spirit of God Warns his own, Grace stands at attention awaiting us to utilize it to overcome the temptation. Thats why we can do whats righteous by Grace.

First you have to be saved by Faith and believe in the saving Grace to give us strenght and wisdom to always obey God.

LUKE 17:32 "Remember Lot's Wife"

But we are saved by Grace and taught by Grace to continue in abstainance from the sin that Christ came to cleanse us from. Have you not read Titus 2:11 -13) "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ"

I John 1:1-4 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him
Verse 28 & 29 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2015
Hoseaovo:
Well, so I confessed my sins and believed in the Jesus yesterday. Today im back to my smoking and already had one round of fornication. And now u say i'm free and covered by Grace? Tufiakwa!!!! God forbids. Be not decieved ( by false teachers who with fair speech have taught you this soul damning heresy), For whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.

Now Grace is never a yardstick to commit sin. When sin knocks at the door, the Spirit of God Warns his own, Grace stands at attention awaiting us to utilize it to overcome the temptation. Thats why we can do whats righteous by Grace.

First you have to be saved by Faith and believe in the saving Grace to give us strenght and wisdom to always obey God.

LUKE 17:32 "Remember Lot's Wife"

But we are saved by Grace and taught by Grace to continue in abstainance from the sin that Christ came to cleanse us from. Have you not read Titus 2:11 -13) "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ"

I John 1:1-4 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him
Verse 28 & 29 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

Romans 7 solves your question.
Paul also explained that he had the same struggles,dealing with sin as a believer.then the last verses explains that he has now found victory in Christ Jesus.
There is something as called Spiritual Growth.
You cannot expect a chain smoker to stop smoking instantly forever, immediately he gets saved.
You dont only just preach to people,you do follow ups.
These habits can be stopped overtime.
Thats Y when i preach to people,i also do follow-ups and i train to the point that they are able to preach and teach others.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Ubenedictus(m): 8:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
Unconditional Eternal Security the brain child of John Calvin. It is a complex lie.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved by italo: 7:34am On Jun 20, 2015
sportsmaster:

Nice one bro.
That guy (scholar8200) behaves like he knows everything and he does not seem to know much..

That how i explained in one thread that "righteousness is by faith" in the New Testament..
He(scholar8200) said that the righteousness standards are higher in the New testament..
Even Abraham ,Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him as righteousness.Gen15:6,Rom4. Righteousness is by faith.
If righteousness came by the law,then Christ died in vain.
It's as simple as that.

I pray for you bro "that you Grow more and more in the Knowledge of the Jesus"Eph1:16-19

Chew this:

James 2

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 20, 2015
italo:

Chew this:

James 2

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
italo:

Chew this:
James 2
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
italo:

Chew this:

James 2

another one on the loose..lemme correct you before you start blabbing.
From these scriptures you quoted,what was Abraham's works..
If you read in btwn the lines,you will that the "works" James is talking about is not "CONDUCT" but "acting on your faith"

WORKS= Putting ur faith to action.

2cor5:21:-He who knew no sin was made sin for us so that we might be made the righteousness of God in him

as it is written,"The just shall live by faith".
What this means is that "The just(righteous) came to exist by faith".

Read ROMANS(the whole letter)
especially chapter 4 and 5.
Because if righteousness came by works then Christ died in vain.

I think where you failed it , the "works" Paul was referring to was different to the "works" James was referring to.
These books are whole "letters",Dont read in portions,Read the whole letter.

The works Paul refferred is talking about "self-righteousness" and the one James referred to is "putting your faith to work".

david,Abraham ,scriptures reckons that righteousness was imputed to them without works.

SELAH

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Barnabaseloka(m): 10:24am On Jun 20, 2015
sportsmaster:

another one on the loose..lemme correct you before you start blabbing.
From these scriptures you quoted,what was Abraham's works..
If you read in btwn the lines,you will that the "works" James is talking about is not "CONDUCT" but "acting on your faith"

WORKS= Putting ur faith to action.

2cor5:21:-He who knew no sin was made sin for us so that we might be made the righteousness of God in him

as it is written,"The just shall live by faith".
What this means is that "The just(righteous) came to exist by faith".

Read ROMANS(the whole letter)
especially chapter 4 and 5.
Because if righteousness came by works then Christ died in vain.

I think where you failed it , the "works" Paul was referring to was different to the "works" James was referring to.
These books are whole "letters",Dont read in portions,Read the whole letter.

The works Paul refferred is talking about "self-righteousness" and the one James referred to is "putting your faith to work".

david,Abraham ,scriptures reckons that righteousness was imputed to them without works.

SELAH
James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so FAITH without WORKS is DEAD. You believe in Christ through FAITH, but if there are no WORKS to show forth what you have believed in, then that faith is DEAD.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 20, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so FAITH without WORKS is DEAD. You believe in Christ through FAITH, but if there are no WORKS to show forth what you have believed in, then that faith is DEAD.

"Abraham believed once,and it was accounted unto him as righteousness"

from mark 11:23-24:-
faith consists two things,
1)there is a conviction of the heart (BELIEVING)
2)There is an action (SPEAKING).
This clears your doubts.
Do you want a teaching and notes on the subject of Faith?

Visit www.livingwordmedia.org to download our teachings for free.

This is my church's website for teachings and e-books.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Barnabaseloka(m): 11:45am On Jun 20, 2015
sportsmaster:

"Abraham believed once,and it was accounted unto him as righteousness"

from mark 11:23-24:-
faith consists two things,
1)there is a conviction of the heart (BELIEVING)
2)There is an action (SPEAKING).
This clears your doubts.
Do you want a teaching and notes on the subject of Faith?

Visit www.livingwordmedia.org to download our teachings for free.

This is my church's website for teachings and e-books.
Can you show me where it was stated that Abraham believed God ONCE and it was accounted unto him for righteousness or was it a mistake on your part?

Yes, there are WORKS (actions) that back up one's FAITH, which SPEAKING is one of them. Nevertheless, we are not talking about 'speaking' but WORKS (living a godly life that shows that we have believed in Christ). FAITH (believing in Jesus) without WORKS (actions) is DEAD. Works keep one's faith alive and growing. If there are no works to prove one's faith, then there is no faith. You can't tell me that you believe in Jesus (have FAITH in Jesus) without showing me WORKS (actions) that testify of your faith. How do I know that you have believed in Jesus?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pope Francis Says Be Proud Of Your Culture / 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. / List Of Nairaland Pharisees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.