Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. (1732 Views)

Aregbesola: "I Will Resign If Adeleke Wins". FFK Tells Osun Governor To Resign / Epic Picture Of Osun Governor Waving To A Mammoth Crowd / omisore advises osun governor to resign. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by subbieD(f): 8:52am On Jun 15, 2015
A former deputy governor of Osun State, Senator Iyiola Omisore, has called on Governor Rauf Aregbesola to resign because of the financial mess he allegedly created in the state which led to his inability to pay workers in the past seven months.

Omisore said this while speaking with journalists at the Secretariat of the Peoples Democratic Party in Osogbo on Sunday.

According to Omisore, who was a former chairman, Senate Committee on Finance and Appropriation, Osun State is now on a life support and requires an urgent financial aid to keep it alive.

He said, “It is good that Ogbeni Aregbesola admitted that the issue of Osun State financial crisis was beyond his capacity. But this admission is not enough, I expected him to have communicated to the state House of Assembly and honourably leave the seat of the governor.

“Osun is now a failed state because of financial recklessness of the governor. I really appreciate the fact that he confessed that the present state of Osun affairs is beyond him but he should immediately throw in the towel.

“Nearly all commercial banks in Osun Sate are being owed one form of loan or the other. The matter has reached that stage that the Committee of Bankers in the state at their meeting, resolved that no bank should borrow this government any more. They are also waiting for remittances into state coffers.”

Speaking through his media aide, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, the governor denied the allegation of financial recklessness.

He said, “We are not surprised that the unpaid salary has made Omisore to find his voice after his fruitless search for a non-existent mandate. We do not expect anything better from a man, who at the best of times, still fabricated lies against the Aregbesola administration all in his desperation to get the acceptance of the Osun people.

for more details, read today's punch news.
Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by Flets: 8:53am On Jun 15, 2015
Aregbesola's resignation is long overdue

But the SW change ranters and their hypocritical media and social crusaders would rather turn a blind eye to the absolute crime against humanity perpetuated by APC to the people of Osun.

The allocations to Osun state ends at Bourdillion while the peole of Osun continue to die of hunger. That is the change they sold......EVILs

5 Likes

Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by ibkgab001: 8:56am On Jun 15, 2015
AREGBERASCAL can't obey the CLARION CALL shame on him

5 Likes

Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by kinglekan: 8:57am On Jun 15, 2015
Ogbeni SubbieD reporting for NL politics. smiley
Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by subbieD(f): 9:06am On Jun 15, 2015
kinglekan:

Ogbeni SubbieD reporting for NL politics. smiley

Na me go still deactivate u for Ds NL..... as u No wan make I rest so......ogbeni ******Lekan smiley
Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by subbieD(f): 9:32am On Jun 15, 2015
Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 15, 2015
[s]
subbieD:
A former deputy governor of Osun State, Senator Iyiola Omisore, has called on Governor Rauf Aregbesola to resign because of the financial mess he allegedly created in the state which led to his inability to pay workers in the past seven months.

Omisore said this while speaking with journalists at the Secretariat of the Peoples Democratic Party in Osogbo on Sunday.

According to Omisore, who was a former chairman, Senate Committee on Finance and Appropriation, Osun State is now on a life support and requires an urgent financial aid to keep it alive.

He said, “It is good that Ogbeni Aregbesola admitted that the issue of Osun State financial crisis was beyond his capacity. But this admission is not enough, I expected him to have communicated to the state House of Assembly and honourably leave the seat of the governor.

“Osun is now a failed state because of financial recklessness of the governor. I really appreciate the fact that he confessed that the present state of Osun affairs is beyond him but he should immediately throw in the towel.

“Nearly all commercial banks in Osun Sate are being owed one form of loan or the other. The matter has reached that stage that the Committee of Bankers in the state at their meeting, resolved that no bank should borrow this government any more. They are also waiting for remittances into state coffers.”

Speaking through his media aide, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, the governor denied the allegation of financial recklessness.

He said, “We are not surprised that the unpaid salary has made Omisore to find his voice after his fruitless search for a non-existent mandate. We do not expect anything better from a man, who at the best of times, still fabricated lies against the Aregbesola administration all in his desperation to get the acceptance of the Osun people.

for more details, read today's punch news.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by modath(f): 9:41am On Jun 15, 2015
Aregbesola may be fiscally indisciplined, but he is no alternative,he'll dream & scheme but will never ever get that position cos osun folks will never support the alledged ****** of Bola Ige who is equated to a demi god.

Omisore has gotten his 15 seconds of fame, he can now return to his political sahara!!
Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by omenka(m): 9:42am On Jun 15, 2015
I don't understand why this happens, but whenever I hear "Omisore" the first thing that comes to my mind is "pop corn". I'm being honest here. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by fitzmayowa: 9:51am On Jun 15, 2015
omenka:
I don't understand why this happens, but whenever I hear "Omisore" the first thing that comes to my mind is "pop corn". I'm being honest here. cheesy

Pop corn ke Na roasted corn eating master joor...cheesy

1 Like

Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by omenka(m): 9:58am On Jun 15, 2015
fitzmayowa:

Pop corn ke Na roasted corn eating master joor...cheesy
Yeah, like the greedy guy he is, he had one in both hands and was eating both at the same time. cheesy

But he ate pop corn too. cheesy

Funny guy. I wonder if he's asking that Aregbe stepped down so he could be made the governor since he's lost at the courts. Some Nigerian politicians tho. smiley
Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 15, 2015
omenka:

Aregberascal is a highly confused and contradictory fellow.

This is a man who is now going cap in hand begging for federal bail out for his state which he only should be held responsible due to his financial recklessness , ineptitude and flagrant corruption.

During GEJ's tenure, Aregberascal opposed the budget benchmark of $75 stating that there was no need to save but rather the excess should be shared.
The governor said the reduction had no basis as the nation’s oil revenue did not fall.
He said, “If there is anything my state does not have now, it’s money. We are managing with 40 per cent reduction in our allocation from the Federal Government. It is not as if I even enjoy saying I depend on the federal allocation, but the truth is that there is no magic that I would have made to suddenly taken our state out of  dependence on the federal allocation.
“It is important for us to know that there is no justification for that 40 per cent reduction in our allocation. The price of crude oil has remained almost the same at $108 per barrel, and the benchmark, according to them, is $75 per barrel.”
Femi Gbajamilia also opposed the benchmark on the floors of the national assembly threatening to block the passage of the 2013 budget if the benchmark was not increased. The FG finally conceded and increased the budget to $78.

It did not stop there, with SW APC governors challenging the legality of the excess crude account and using the Governors Forum to force the FG to share proceeds from this accounts to the respective states.

Today, Aregberascal the Oliver Twist is now begging for financial bail out.

If the FG was as reckless as him where does he think the FG will source a financial package from?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by omenka(m): 10:07am On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

This is a man who is now going cap in hand begging for federal bail out for his state which he only should be held responsible due to his financial recklessness , ineptitude and flagrant corruption.

During GEJ's tenure, Aregberascal opposed the budget benchmark of $75 stating that there was no need to save but rather the excess should be shared.
The governor said the reduction had no basis as the nation’s oil revenue did not fall.
He said, “If there is anything my state does not have now, it’s money. We are managing with 40 per cent reduction in our allocation from the Federal Government. It is not as if I even enjoy saying I depend on the federal allocation, but the truth is that there is no magic that I would have made to suddenly taken our state out of  dependence on the federal allocation.
“It is important for us to know that there is no justification for that 40 per cent reduction in our allocation. The price of crude oil has remained almost the same at $108 per barrel, and the benchmark, according to them, is $75 per barrel.”
Femi Gbajamilia also opposed the benchmark on the floors of the national assembly threatening to block the passage of the 2013 budget if the benchmark was not increased. The FG finally conceded and increased the budget to $78.

It did not stop there, with SW APC governors challenging the legality of the excess crude account and using the Governors Forum to force the FG to share proceeds from this accounts to the respective states.

If the FG was as reckless as him where does he think the FG will source a financial package from?
Hmmm. Seen. smiley
Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by fitzmayowa: 10:09am On Jun 15, 2015
omenka:
Yeah, like the greedy guy he is, he had one in both hands and was eating both at the same time. cheesy

But he ate pop corn too. cheesy

Funny guy. I wonder if he's asking that Aregbe stepped down so he could be made the governor since he's lost at the courts. Some Nigerian politicians tho. smiley

He wan become governor from behind ni...cheesy

1 Like

Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by subbieD(f): 10:29am On Jun 15, 2015
omenka:

Pop corn?..... cheesy
Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by omenka(m): 10:32am On Jun 15, 2015
subbieD:

Pop corn?..... cheesy
Honestly. Once I see the name, that picture of him eating pop corn bought from a street trader instantaneously pops into my head. I just don't know why. cheesy
Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by BLOTRS: 10:42am On Jun 15, 2015
and some nairalanders will still come here to type rubbishvin support of aregbesola...smh
Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by smoothpapuzy(m): 10:45am On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Oboi you go school.
But which kind moniker be that na
Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by subbieD(f): 11:54am On Jun 15, 2015
Ramdris!!!!!
Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by Descartes: 12:36pm On Jun 15, 2015
What a 'sophisticated' clarion call from a 'sincere' fellow from a brown roof republic ! Sai Aregbe!!

1 Like

Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ogbeni should resign along with his Deputy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by Firefire(m): 12:43pm On Jun 15, 2015
barcanista:
Ogbeni should resign along with his Deputy

[size=18pt]
IMMEDIATELY!
[/size] angry

1 Like

Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by stobery(m): 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
They shld also be arrested immediately
Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by Kolade354(m): 12:53pm On Jun 15, 2015
Flets:
Aregbesola's resignation is long overdue

But the SW change ranters and their hypocritical media and social crusaders would rather turn a blind eye to the absolute crime against humanity perpetuated by APC to the people of Osun.

The allocations to Osun state ends at Bourdillion while the peole of Osun continue to die of hunger. That is the change they sold......EVILs
You Have Problem, you are a delusional fool, You will criticise The Yorubas and at the same time you will criticise APC........You need Mental Re-evaluation Bingo

1 Like

Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by ramdris(m): 2:05pm On Jun 15, 2015
subbieD:
Ramdris!!!!!
What! angry
Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by kinglekan: 7:08pm On Jun 15, 2015
subbieD:

Na me go still deactivate u for Ds NL..... as u No wan make I rest so......ogbeni ******Lekan smiley

Untill u gree for me, I nor go leave u. tongue
Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by subbieD(f): 7:11pm On Jun 15, 2015
kinglekan:

Untill u gree for me, I nor go leave u. tongue

No make me talk o undecided .....d thing wey Dey my mouth Na bomb o.....
Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by kinglekan: 7:18pm On Jun 15, 2015
subbieD:

No make me talk o undecided .....d thing wey Dey my mouth Na bomb o.....
Talk na mk I whoz u beta slap. undecided
U must to fu mi se. tongue
Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by subbieD(f): 8:09pm On Jun 15, 2015
kinglekan:

Talk na mk I whoz u beta slap. undecided

U must to fu mi se. tongue

Lekan,oro e ti sun mi....... o need lati ri dokita cry sad Pele Sugbo, oma se o cry
Re: Omisore Advises Osun Governor To Resign. by kinglekan: 8:11pm On Jun 15, 2015
subbieD:

Lekan,oro e ti sun mi....... o need lati ri dokita cry sad Pele Sugbo, oma se o cry

Heheheheh!!

Mo ma tele e kiri gbogbo NL titi oma fi gba fun mi. wink

(1) (Reply)

Dubai Sex Trap: How Oath Is Administered On Victims. / I Wish Fashola Well In His New Ministry But..... / Katsina Is Fg’s Priority As Airport, Housing Projects Completed Within 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.