Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) (49262 Views)

R.kelly Mind Blowing Performance At The Voice Surprise Blind Audition Gone Viral / Deepest We Have Gone Into Ocean / My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Revolva(m): 2:50pm On Jun 15, 2015
That is to tell u that nobody remains ontop forever o.....ok na turn by turn
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by akatekpe(m): 2:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
darmys:

Yes o. Basket mouth was inside sef

see the video here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_q-iqaAMzU

lwkmd
menh...talent full naija oo..this is one of the best hip hop collaboration from naija to me.basket mouth can rap oo.Black face gat it too,rugged man was stil very young..mode9 and ruggedy baba remain de best hard core rappers from naija

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by darmys(f): 2:57pm On Jun 15, 2015
akatekpe:
menh...talent full naija oo..this is one of the best hip hop collaboration from naija to me.basket mouth can rap oo.Black face gat it too,rugged man was stil very young..mode9 and ruggedy baba remain de best hard core rappers from naija

Yes o. basket mouth can really RAP. i wonder why he never continued along that line grin

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by oludarefadipe(m): 2:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
[quote author=sipsip post=34785530]I have followed the modern Nigerian music industry from time immemorial, Nigerian hip-hop specifically. I can boast of my vast knowledge on this. So, I have been thinking… Whatever happened to some of these guys we ‘believe die’ back then? I want answers from those of you who are also deep in the game. Ok, Some of them musicians are highlighted below:

RUFF RUGGED AND RAW – The hottest hardcore rap group in Nigeria, Ruff, Rugged and Raw, made up of two brothers, “B-RITE” (Kingsley Ayovunaduo) and “HANGMAN” (David Ayovunaduo), has taken the radio and club scene in London by storm with the club banging single “WETIN DEY,” produced by Paul Play (C.E.O. PLAYGROUND ENTERTAINMENT). they did lots of collabos with Pauplay single FOREVER and with the MTV award wining 2face Idibia, 9ice (Plantation Boyz) and many more. .. but since then… yeah, you guessed right. Thin air!

TIMI ( DA TRYBE) – Remember Timi of the defunct Da Tribe? The ‘free me’artist? Timi can be classified amongst artistes that came after the first onslaught of this present wave of Nigerian music. A member of d ‘trybe collective, that offshoot of theTrybesmen responsible for that feel good jam of the early 2ks ‘Oya’, Timi would go on to score some solo points of his own with ‘Na Flash’- an ode to the high tariffs and peculiarities of owners of the then newly acquired GSM(does anybody still say geezm?) phones. Timi’s name would ring for a bit in 2004 then… halt! Disappeared into thin air.

C-mion – “Girl the way you shake it, you don’t even break it, you making me want more, lalalalalala….” Then… thin air!

SIX FOOT PLUS – Most of us know him… loved him. ‘Anwuli’ was an anthem, especially in Abuja. He had the height, the swag… and then, thin air!

B.O.U.Q.U.I
- Born Bukola Folayan to HRH OBA (prof) Ololade Folayan 1st, also a professor of Biochemistry and a professional teacher mother, she alongside her other five siblings grew up in an academic atmosphere of the Obafemi Awolowo University (Ile-Ife) and this served as a big influence for her deep lyrical style and cosmopolitan outlook. The album titled B.O.U.Q.U.I was her debut and the album can be referred to as a two in one package due to the fact that it contains a record breaking fourteen tracks and four skits, the highest by any debutant in the Nigerian music industry. Bla blab la bla, and she just disappeared.

KASH 11 - Born Ojutiku Azeez Olanrewaju popularly known as KASH-11{kash-imawo “kash”,while the 11 from the tribal mark on his face}.was born, raised in Lagos island, Lagos state, Nigeria. The “I AM LAGOS ISLAND Jooooo” crooner started rapping in 1994, form a group called D-L-B with his brothers Dapo Balogun a.k.a DJ METHALIC and Bayo Balogun a. k. a BRASSBELL . He was a rave at somepoiint in 2008 - 2011… Now nko? Story.

X-Appeal - Jazzman Olofin and Lexy Doo were known as the X-Appeal. That was in 2000. The group was better known for the hit song, Baby Skeske, a number from their maiden and only album, which was released in 2001. X- Appeal broke off with the members going solo. While Lexy Doo seem to have completely faded out of the music scene, his ex-partner is still struggling to remain relevant by recording a few unsuccessful albums in the last few years.

ZULE ZOO- Ibrahim Alhassan and Michael Aboh, two multi-talented young Nigerians, founded the group known as Zule Zoo. Many music fans found it difficult to ignore this group, whose lyrical creativity and bias for a style that is deeply rooted in Nigerian culture was exceptional. Zule Zoo’s first hit song, Kerewa, which brought them instant fame across Africa, was banned by the Nigerian Censor’s Board because it was deeply laced with sexual innuendoes. Nobody knows exactly what led to the break-up of Zule Zoo. But it was rumoured that Aboh was afflicted with madness for his role in the composition of a particular song that had offended a deity in his home town in Benue State.

Styl-Plus - Originally known as STYL, this group was formed in 1997 in Abuja and comprised four members. In 1999, after the death of Lanre Faneyi, Zeal Onyecheme joined the group and it was renamed Styl-Plus. In 2002, Yemi Akinwonmi left the group to pursue another career. Styl-Plus’s maiden album was a great hit. The second album did not do so well in the market, and now… thin air!

EDDIE REMEDY – Do I really need to introduce Eddie Montana, Eddie Brown? Chai. I believed this guy then sha oo. His voice was golden. Songs like ‘shakamo’ ‘shade’.. Hmmm… what kennis music did to you my brother. Eya… Thin air!

TONY TETUILA - Anthony[b][/b] Olanrewaju Awotoye, better known as Tony Tetuila, is an Afro hip hop artist from Nigeria. His name, Olanrewaju, means "My wealth is the future". Formerly a member of The Remedies (along with Eedris Abdulkareem and Eddy Montana), he split with the group and has been successful as a solo artist with his biggest hits like ‘my car’, ín love with 2 women’. Tony Tetuila’s music career now is… zero. And abeg, don’t tell me he’s old na. 2face nko? Anyway, he emerged in 2014 running as a politician for Kwara State's House of Assembly under APC party, but chickened out at the end.

SASHA P - Sasha came into the limelight at a time when there were very few Nigerian women in Hip Hop music. Subsequently, her success helped pave the way for other female rappers and musicians in Nigerian hip hop.[7] She began musical collaborations and was signed in to eLDee's Trybe records.[8][9] Sasha was the most prominent female artists in Nigeria in the 2000’s, especially after the successful release of her debut album "First Lady" under her record label STORM. She has been nominated for various awards in Nigeria and abroad, but we cannot deceive ourselves.. her music isn’t there no more.

To cut the story short, the list goes on … WALE THOMPSON, DR. ALBAN, RASQUE, BLACK TRIBE, BANTU, EMEM, PAUL PLAY DAIRO, 419 SQUAD, LAGBAJA, MUMA GEE, WEIRD MC, Etc. Question is, WHAT ..................Lagbaja is now a politician i guess
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Kcinho(m): 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
SweetyZinta:
these ones too
kemistry-we 2much ft Dj jimmy jatt, tony 1week-giarate, No moreLess -ololufe, Baba 2010-omotena, blackface Naija, fragrance, aladin, jeremiah gyang, ego now Mrs,

i miss u all
i think nomoreloss has a new album. tony 1 week is now a politician
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by sipsip(m): 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2015
darmys:

but we are still forever young grin

Hmmm. So we now think alike? What else do we have in common?
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by ewosk: 3:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
hip hop is dead
grin
NOTHING LAST FOREVER... bt i will b forever young
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by darmys(f): 3:11pm On Jun 15, 2015
sipsip:

Hmmm. So we now think alike? What else do we have in common?

you like any of this?

- Dodo
- Baileys
- Jollofrice
- www.daminaija..com
- Icecream
- Dankwa

?
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 15, 2015
what of the ones we have been waiting eternity for.. aiforce1. na wen fowl begin get bear bear u go drop?
some no go blow even with bomb in dia mouth
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Mcsammy4u(m): 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2015
even Dontom- Putuputu
djinee- Ego
2 shots and big lo
Bigiano
Clever Jay
slow dog in the kitchen

Also permit me to make reference to Ghana VIP and Mazbel
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by sipsip(m): 3:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
darmys:

you like any of this?

- Dodo
- Baileys
- Jollofrice
- www.daminaija..com
- Icecream
- Dankwa

?

Dodo- yes. Baileys- use to... jollofrice- yes. Daminaija. Never heard of it. Icecream- no. Dankwa- don't know... added. Beans- yes. Don simon- yes. Reading- yes. Yam and eggs- yes yes. Do you?
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Dinnyuy(m): 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
[/color]ZULE ZOO [color=#990000]ZULE ZOO ZULE ZOO DANFOU DRIVER
and with time don jazzy davido 2face etc will appear on this list
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Dinnyuy(m): 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
[/color]ZULE ZOO [color=#990000]ZULE ZOO ZULE ZOO DANFOU DRIVER
and with time don jazzy davido 2face etc will appear on this list
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by darmys(f): 4:10pm On Jun 15, 2015
sipsip:

Dodo- yes. Baileys- use to... jollofrice- yes. Daminaija. Never heard of it. Icecream- no. Dankwa- don't know... added. Beans- yes. Don simon- yes. Reading- yes. Yam and eggs- yes yes. Do you?

Dankwa is an hausa snack.,

beans - ewww embarassed
Reading - yessssssssss

Dami naija is my blog though. check it out grin
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by nocera(m): 4:46pm On Jun 15, 2015
Miss most of dem... Wat abt Marvellous Benji!!!?? undecidedMiss most of dem... Wat abt Marvellous Benji!!!??
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by nocera(m): 4:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
Miss most of dem... Wat abt Marvellous Benji!!!?? undecided
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Gogirl(f): 4:58pm On Jun 15, 2015
Where is debee collabo?

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by bonechamberlain(m): 5:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
bushdoc9919:
I miss Six foot plus.. haha haha una no go kill person... miss DAT song too

E don do me! grin

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by yaskarahyelhope(f): 5:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
sipsip:
I have followed the modern Nigerian music industry from time immemorial, Nigerian hip-hop specifically. I can boast of my vast knowledge on this. So, I have been thinking… Whatever happened to some of these guys we ‘believe die’ back then? I want answers from those of you who are also deep in the game. Ok, Some of them musicians are highlighted below:

RUFF RUGGED AND RAW – The hottest hardcore rap group in Nigeria, Ruff, Rugged and Raw, made up of two brothers, “B-RITE” (Kingsley Ayovunaduo) and “HANGMAN” (David Ayovunaduo), has taken the radio and club scene in London by storm with the club banging single “WETIN DEY,” produced by Paul Play (C.E.O. PLAYGROUND ENTERTAINMENT). they did lots of collabos with Pauplay single FOREVER and with the MTV award wining 2face Idibia, 9ice (Plantation Boyz) and many more. .. but since then… yeah, you guessed right. Thin air!

TIMI ( DA TRYBE) – Remember Timi of the defunct Da Tribe? The ‘free me’artist? Timi can be classified amongst artistes that came after the first onslaught of this present wave of Nigerian music. A member of d ‘trybe collective, that offshoot of theTrybesmen responsible for that feel good jam of the early 2ks ‘Oya’, Timi would go on to score some solo points of his own with ‘Na Flash’- an ode to the high tariffs and peculiarities of owners of the then newly acquired GSM(does anybody still say geezm?) phones. Timi’s name would ring for a bit in 2004 then… halt! Disappeared into thin air.

C-mion – “Girl the way you shake it, you don’t even break it, you making me want more, lalalalalala….” Then… thin air!

SIX FOOT PLUS – Most of us know him… loved him. ‘Anwuli’ was an anthem, especially in Abuja. He had the height, the swag… and then, thin air!

B.O.U.Q.U.I
- Born Bukola Folayan to HRH OBA (prof) Ololade Folayan 1st, also a professor of Biochemistry and a professional teacher mother, she alongside her other five siblings grew up in an academic atmosphere of the Obafemi Awolowo University (Ile-Ife) and this served as a big influence for her deep lyrical style and cosmopolitan outlook. The album titled B.O.U.Q.U.I was her debut and the album can be referred to as a two in one package due to the fact that it contains a record breaking fourteen tracks and four skits, the highest by any debutant in the Nigerian music industry. Bla blab la bla, and she just disappeared.

KASH 11 - Born Ojutiku Azeez Olanrewaju popularly known as KASH-11{kash-imawo “kash”,while the 11 from the tribal mark on his face}.was born, raised in Lagos island, Lagos state, Nigeria. The “I AM LAGOS ISLAND Jooooo” crooner started rapping in 1994, form a group called D-L-B with his brothers Dapo Balogun a.k.a DJ METHALIC and Bayo Balogun a. k. a BRASSBELL . He was a rave at somepoiint in 2008 - 2011… Now nko? Story.

X-Appeal - Jazzman Olofin and Lexy Doo were known as the X-Appeal. That was in 2000. The group was better known for the hit song, Baby Skeske, a number from their maiden and only album, which was released in 2001. X- Appeal broke off with the members going solo. While Lexy Doo seem to have completely faded out of the music scene, his ex-partner is still struggling to remain relevant by recording a few unsuccessful albums in the last few years.

ZULE ZOO- Ibrahim Alhassan and Michael Aboh, two multi-talented young Nigerians, founded the group known as Zule Zoo. Many music fans found it difficult to ignore this group, whose lyrical creativity and bias for a style that is deeply rooted in Nigerian culture was exceptional. Zule Zoo’s first hit song, Kerewa, which brought them instant fame across Africa, was banned by the Nigerian Censor’s Board because it was deeply laced with sexual innuendoes. Nobody knows exactly what led to the break-up of Zule Zoo. But it was rumoured that Aboh was afflicted with madness for his role in the composition of a particular song that had offended a deity in his home town in Benue State.

Styl-Plus - Originally known as STYL, this group was formed in 1997 in Abuja and comprised four members. In 1999, after the death of Lanre Faneyi, Zeal Onyecheme joined the group and it was renamed Styl-Plus. In 2002, Yemi Akinwonmi left the group to pursue another career. Styl-Plus’s maiden album was a great hit. The second album did not do so well in the market, and now… thin air!

EDDIE REMEDY – Do I really need to introduce Eddie Montana, Eddie Brown? Chai. I believed this guy then sha oo. His voice was golden. Songs like ‘shakamo’ ‘shade’.. Hmmm… what kennis music did to you my brother. Eya… Thin air!

TONY TETUILA - Anthony[b][/b] Olanrewaju Awotoye, better known as Tony Tetuila, is an Afro hip hop artist from Nigeria. His name, Olanrewaju, means "My wealth is the future". Formerly a member of The Remedies (along with Eedris Abdulkareem and Eddy Montana), he split with the group and has been successful as a solo artist with his biggest hits like ‘my car’, ín love with 2 women’. Tony Tetuila’s music career now is… zero. And abeg, don’t tell me he’s old na. 2face nko? Anyway, he emerged in 2014 running as a politician for Kwara State's House of Assembly under APC party, but chickened out at the end.

SASHA P - Sasha came into the limelight at a time when there were very few Nigerian women in Hip Hop music. Subsequently, her success helped pave the way for other female rappers and musicians in Nigerian hip hop.[7] She began musical collaborations and was signed in to eLDee's Trybe records.[8][9] Sasha was the most prominent female artists in Nigeria in the 2000’s, especially after the successful release of her debut album "First Lady" under her record label STORM. She has been nominated for various awards in Nigeria and abroad, but we cannot deceive ourselves.. her music isn’t there no more.

To cut the story short, the list goes on … WALE THOMPSON, DR. ALBAN, RASQUE, BLACK TRIBE, BANTU, EMEM, PAUL PLAY DAIRO, 419 SQUAD, LAGBAJA, MUMA GEE, WEIRD MC, Etc. Question is, WHAT HAPPENED? WHERE ARE THEY ALL NOW?
Cc lalasticlala, ishilove.

That's secular music for U. I cant count almost 4 I know there. They shd ask d Holy spirit for ideas. They need God!
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by sipsip(m): 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2015
darmys:

Dankwa is an hausa snack.,

beans - ewww embarassed
Reading - yessssssssss

Dami naija is my blog though. check it out grin

...and if I intend to me more of real friends than just your blog?
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by darmys(f): 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2015
sipsip:

...and if I intend to me more of real friends than just your blog?

lol. you dont even know if i am a 60 years old woman
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Texykool: 5:43pm On Jun 15, 2015
Texykool:

Choi... I'm seeing this thread late.

1. Ruff, Rugged and Raw

'O mukulu, o mukenke' grin

They ran out of luck... Or rather, luck ran out on them. So, that's that.

2. Timi

'Oh, I hate February. It is the month of me and my chick's anniversary. Plus Valentine's Day... And the week after that na my chick's birthday' grin

Trybesmen had lots of talent then... But then, talent doesn't always win.

I miss Trybesmen, I miss Timi... He's prolly working somewhere on the Island now... Or Yankee

3. C-mion

Last I saw of him was Spydaman's (another guy who has disappeared) song- DANCEHALL.

4. Six Foot Plus

'I want to drink small stout' grin

He's still making songs. Just that all dem 'local rappers' no go allow people like him show face.

5. BOUQUI

'Mo le jo lori agolo, bi Jesu gbami laye...' grin

She's still making songs. Did one with Solomon Lange recently.

6. Kash 11

'Kash 11... Triple triple twale' grin

He should have contented himself with being a producer... But he was a DaGrin wannabe. He lost the plot. Just like K-Solo grin

7. X-Appeal

'Mo le se ju paddy e lo... Mo le jo Baby Skeske' grin

Lexy-Doo: Last of him I saw was in a video from one of these guys from 419squad... That one sef don enter ground. It's safe to assume he's in the UK.

Jazzman... Lol...

8.Zule Zoo

'The man just dey do... Kerewa...' grin

They didn't innovate. If you think singing lewd songs alone will keep you in the industry... Try again. Kerewa...Dadubule... Etc. Dem no dey last.

Bye... Zule zoo.

9. Styl-Plus

I no sabi their problem sha. From Akindeko Hostel of Futa... They move onto stardom... Then to oblivion.

#TeamFuta

10. Eddie Remedy

'Lol-est' grin

After the break up with KSB... No Eddie's song is gonna make airplay again.

11. Tony Tetuila

Last song I heard from him was him and MP (another guy who has gone under)...

Egbon did not move with the tides of the industry.

*Wale Thompson - I think he sings Juju majorly now.

*Dr. Alban - thin air!!!

*Rasqie - Last I 'knew', he was married to gospel singer Monique, produces her songs...

* Black Tribe- these boys mess up walahi. I loved them o. But I no know where dem dey sha.

*Bantu- 'No more no vernacular, teacher don't teach me nonsense'. That one sef win KORA o... That year. I no know where he dey.

*Emem- She suppose dey do her law practice.

*Paul Play- Business things now, I think.

*419 Squad- there's nothing like 419 squad again

*Lagbaja- he still dey sing o.

*Muma Gee - didn't you follow the last election

*Weird MC - Aunty Sola is old joor. We need fresh blood.

Where are the following abeg?

*Mountain Black and Mad Melons (Danfo Drivers)
*Marvellous Benji
*Alabai
*Abounce
*Freestyle
*Slam
*Kween
*Spydaman
*MP (M for ya Mama, P for ya Papa grin)
*Black Solo
*2phat
*Kaha

The list is endless abeg cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by ModiKen(m): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
Morkavictor:
SkyB

I wonder why he isn't on this list cos he rocked eastern Nigeria and Lagos (for sometime) between 2006 and 2007 with his track title "Mam Babei" in which you could obviously see that his rap was "wack". I wonder why he got famous during that period....Oh I forgot the chorus was quite catchy
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by imustsaymymindo: 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
Abeg! Sharpaly remove Lagbaja's name. He is a legend in Nigerian music. Btw, how relevant is 9ice these days?
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Texykool: 5:49pm On Jun 15, 2015
darmys:
Capon - Olufunmi Remix
Nutty Pin -
Pheroshuz i am still such a big fan. i would buy his album if he should release anything
Zdon

You mean Di Capo ?

He was on one Darey's tracks in that Escalade album... That was the last I heard of him.

Zdon Paporella is out with two new tracks and videos.
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Texykool: 5:54pm On Jun 15, 2015
Menace2Society:
I got no envy indomie generation at all!Imagine are u gonna dance o if i show u my money smh

Hehehehe cheesy

you harsh small sha.

Did you notice that most of those derailers and space bookers- the kids of NL aint here.

Dem don respect themselves.
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Princess4eva(f): 6:10pm On Jun 15, 2015
sucess001:
lagbaja is stil relevant. he did a collabo with psquare recently.

The most painful one is style plus...

God bless u aplenty. Why wud a great group like Styplus disappear to thin air just like that? Anybody close to them shd please tell them to come back-Shifi, Yemi, Zeal Oh! How I miss them. Tracks like: Olufunmilola, Did u call my name are world class.

Lagbaja shd b taken off the list though he is not as prolific as he used to be, remember motherlan days.

B.O.U.Q.U.I is more of a gospel artist these days.

Muma Gee's voice was more than a nightingale's didn't know why she's into hiding, may be married life got to her.

OP didn't mention Lord of Ajasa, Mode 9, Azadus, 2short, Baba Fryo, Black Face, Ashionye, Kenny St.Brown etc

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by sipsip(m): 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2015
darmys:

lol. you dont even know if i am a 60 years old woman

How about I find out? I'm willing to.
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Texykool: 6:38pm On Jun 15, 2015
nickyvil:

2pac, big biggy after dead they still live through their music....

Nigeria I've forgotten the name but the person that sang 'Odun Lo So pin O' He's dead but he lives through his music.

Na you kill am abi

Mama Fasoyin that sang 'Odun n lo sopin' is very alive and kicking. Still featured in a Christian movie very recently.

Get your facts right.
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by luthorcorp: 6:38pm On Jun 15, 2015
Monimatic:
l
lol,i tell u dis guy is d worse of all Nigerian rappers alive
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Rickbee1: 6:41pm On Jun 15, 2015
Now ppl will start saying dat oyibo ppl want the best for us, why cant ICC issue warrant of arrest onTHIN AIR for haborin Wanted ppl. If its Umar al Bashar nw they will knw hw to plan for his arrest. The man smart shal...nobody fit stop frm leavin SA
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by amanikondo: 7:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
All these are ancients names.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Legend Of The Rainmaker – Majek Fashek / Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. / Please Help Me With The Lyrics Of "AKANAM KWE"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.