Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts (25927 Views)

Nairaland Upcoming Artiste Chatroom / New Song: Lol Finally Airforce1 Diss Song Is Out. Lmao Download And Listen / Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by chronique(m): 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2015
This is strictly my opinion and I think I have been vindicated over the years in most cases.

I write to you all(upcoming artistes) with good intent and purpose. I write as someone who has been a music lover for so many years,someone who followed Nigerian music from the late 80's down to this very day,someone who listened to pioneering American hip-hop acts from the late 80's,someone who listened to music when we still had music genres like soul and funk,someone who basically likes and has a substantial knowledge of what good music should sound like. Music is a form of art,and good music should sound pleasing to the ears. The melody,lyrics and instrumental should be good and the overall production must be of the higest standard. I don't believe in people doing mediocre jobs and promoting it. Majority of the songs we listen to today on radio,should normally not even get airplay if standards are to be maintained.
I know most people reading this piece,would eventually attack me and say stuffs like "you don't know what it means to go into the studio to record a track cos if you do,you'd know it's not easy". Before you guys slaughter me with that line,listen to this song with the following link:

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/2934af36

The above link was a rough demo I recorded at our studio when I was still neck deep into music production and entertainment years back. I was conducting an interview for an in-house producer we wanted to employ and I asked him to make the beat and produce me as an artiste. I did the entire song myself,and directed the production and we finished the whole song in about 12 or 16 hrs. Despite the fact that it sounds a lil bit appealing to some people,it's still not a standard job that can be played on radio. That being said,let's move on to the main issue(since you now know I've also had studio experience).

I decided to write this article cos over the years,I haven't seen any artiste blow up from nairaland. The only person who has blown up from here(nairaland) that I know,is Dee Tunes. I remember when He sent me his crew's demo several years back and after listening,I told him to stick to his production and shun rap(not like He was terribly bad though) which He did,and has now made a solid career from. He might not remeber me today,but I'm happy He has made a name for himself in production,and now charges 400k per track. Apart from Dee Tunes,all the other artistes who I had the opportunity to talk to and advice here on nairaland,are still where they are. Reason is that when you advice most artistes and you don't tell them they're the next best thing after fried rice,they tend to see you as their enemy. The average upcoming artiste thinks He's the best and when you point out their flaws,they find it difficult to accept. Most people don't like the truth and that's why we have so many trashy sounds on radio. A good song should have good lyrics that makes sense even if it's meant to be a danceable song. The fact that a crappy song like Terry G's "knack you akpako" made waves,doesn't make it the standard for an upcoming artiste to emulate.
Artistes should also know learn to carve a niche for themselves and not just do what every other person is doing. There should be something extra that you're bringing to the table and as such,you need to put a lot of hardwork into your song writing and deliveries.

With the hype airforce1 has been enjoying on nairaland and His assurances to fans that He wouldn't disappoint them,I was expecting something better from him. All I can advice him to do,is to first and foremost,try to discover himself and find out what genre of music He is good at. This His "such a diva" song isn't it at all. That brings me back to a particular artiste who was hyped here some weeks back. The original poster even went as far as comparing him with Cannibus but when I listened up,song was quite wack. The dude can't even make the list of top 50 rappers in naija. Instead of people to tell him the truth,they kept typing "d.ope","drugz",etc.
I can't remember who the artiste is again but I'd say this: "only those who want you to succeed will tell you the truth". There's no point believing sycophants who praise you cos they don't want to bruise your ego. Whatever is worth doing,is worth doing well.

Finally,all I'd say is this: be open to criticisms,learn your art very well,work on your lyrics,carve a niche for yourself and be yourself. Don't try to copy what others are doing;be original.

I hope someday,nairaland would produce it's first music superstar.

Cc: lalasticlala,ishilove,airmark

214 Likes 21 Shares

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by piicity(m): 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
Ftc Dedicate this land to my one and dearest girl lala247.How many of you had watched the film Air force1 grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Airforce1(m): 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2015
Walks out of thread

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by ShakurM(m): 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2015
Op, u expressed my thoughts!

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Kineticist(m): 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2015
I wasted my megabytes on that shiit of a song,didn't live up to the hype...In my opinion the song was dead on arrival,production,lyrics and rhythm were visibly missing.

26 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by ShakurM(m): 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
Airforce1:
Walks out of thread
Don't take it personally. I would rather be attacked than unnoticed

122 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by chronique(m): 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2015
Airforce1:
Walks out of thread
smh...

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Airforce1(m): 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
ShakurM:
Don't take it personally. I would rather be attacked than unnoticed

Dis section is boring
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Airforce1(m): 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
chronique:
smh...

What u shaking yo head for?

Lol
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Kineticist(m): 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2015
You are just another sucker,how many albums have you released...the last time I checked,your name was not in any top naija 1000 artistes.
You did a song that was below par amidst the hype yet you can't take criticism and you wanna blow,I laugh in madarin.
If I were you,with this hype garnered already I will note down my flaws for better faring next time.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by chronique(m): 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2015
Airforce1:

What u shaking yo head for?

Lol

Shaking my head cos of the cockroach that entered after I listened to your song... tongue

103 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Airforce1(m): 3:19pm On Jun 20, 2015
Ok
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by ChynoBEATS: 4:30am On Jun 21, 2015
Airforce1:
Walks out of thread

cheesy Nnwame AirForce Cherigodi first..... Biko nunu..
Ah gi'wa sef... Ile'wiwe too much o
Ah......

2me ure a star ........

Everybody is praying for your success

Dont worry the industry will bow.......

You just need to work with someone better than the dude you used......

You need a Team bro

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by airmark(m): 5:29am On Jun 21, 2015
Nice review, to me the airforce song is not that bad. There's always room for improvement and definitely he has his target audience. with time and passion to succeed he would fix all flaws in this. Nice one Op.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by seunlayi(m): 6:29am On Jun 21, 2015
in as much most of those songs to me are craps, I have stopped listening to them talk less of buying it. I have decided to go back to my root with the cross before me and earnestly contending for the faith which was once delivered to us. until you start composing songs like this. i.e.

LET OTHERS SEE JESUS IN YOU

1. While passing thro’ this world of sin,
And others your life shall view,
Be clean and pure without, within,
Let others see Jesus in you.

Let others see Jesus in you,...
Let others see Jesus in you,...
Keep telling the story, be faithful and true,

2. Your life’s a book before their eyes,
They’re reading it thro’ and thro’;
Say, does it point them to the skies,
Do others see Jesus in you?

3. What joy ’twill be at set of sun,
In mansions beyond the blue,
To find some souls that you have won;

4. Then live for Christ both day and night,
Be faithful, be brave and true,
And lead the lost to life and light;

86 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 21, 2015
Op Nice one.

To the upcoming,constructive criticism is good for the well being of an artiste.

Most songs being played now,can't survive next year,much more a decade.

That's why great songs are known as Ever-green.

3 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by LMAyedun(m): 6:30am On Jun 21, 2015
Airforce1:
Walks out of thread
He won't listen now angry

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by okooloyun1(m): 6:30am On Jun 21, 2015
Ok
Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by MilesLamar(m): 6:31am On Jun 21, 2015
Just lyk airforce1 album, I hardly cum... grin cool undecided

Modified...
Time for training mehn.. Mikel OBI n co I will soon join u guys... cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by chesterlee(m): 6:31am On Jun 21, 2015
Who's Airforce1?

Never heard of him...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by justi4jesu(f): 6:31am On Jun 21, 2015
smiley

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Nobody: 6:32am On Jun 21, 2015
Isn't there any other way to contact Airforce1? Maybe by mail.....rather than this needless publicity and indirect advertisement of your expertise The OP is really a meddlesome interloper!

11 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Dominionng(m): 6:32am On Jun 21, 2015
chronique:
smh...

You have been vindicated by his comment. You need not shake ur head to search for signal grin

3 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by BizBayo: 6:32am On Jun 21, 2015
I haven't listen to Airforce 1 music, but I believe there's always space for improvement. I'm a music producer, song writer and recording artist. I can help with beats, matured production. I believe Airforce 1 is already a star in Nigeria through Nairaland. Everybody want the best for you. If there is any way you feel I could help, let me know.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by eleko1: 6:33am On Jun 21, 2015
lipsrsealed leave am if he nor listen.make he continue to jump up/down with his Pangolo/Mad men lyrics/tunes.Nah him sabi sad lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by Edwardhead(m): 6:33am On Jun 21, 2015
[size=15pt]Anyway, people can criticize eh, but dat Airfoce1 gat to correct his flops, just dey happy say you let dem listen to blame before u enter alaba[/size]

3 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:34am On Jun 21, 2015
My advice for them. If you dont know how to do a thing, watch someone else do it on youtube. #fact

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by YerYer: 6:34am On Jun 21, 2015
God please help the youth of today, many of them want to be rich musicians, actors and actresses; some others wanna be famous footballers. What they don't realize is the odds are stacked against them... I will advise every aspiring young musician, actor or footballer to focus on their studies while pursuing their passion for music or whatever as a hobby, so if you don't end up like wizkid, Genevieve or Okocha, you have your education to fall back on.

14 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by McEwen(m): 6:36am On Jun 21, 2015
piicity:
Ftc Dedicate this land to my one and dearest girl lala247
She's now a born again cry

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by ClintonNzedimma(m): 6:36am On Jun 21, 2015
I believe Airforce1 can make it.
With the backing of a big forum like Nairaland but he has to be dynamic and more creative with the aim of satisfying his fans.
Airforce1 I know say one day you go make us proud.

6 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by condralbede(m): 6:36am On Jun 21, 2015
Nice ....Am working on my album grin Will join them soon

5 Likes

Re: My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts by mployer(m): 6:37am On Jun 21, 2015
Airforce1:
Walks out of thread

grin grin

Bro, walk out joor.

Dude is only trying to ridicule and bring you down. Not as if he has any good track to his credit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nairaland: So You Think You Can Sing? / Wizkid Backs Sesan After Skelewu Video Issues / Afrobeat Is Nothing, Lacks Substance- Burna Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.