Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Accidental Victim - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Accidental Victim (200482 Views)

Fiction Story: Inheritance Is Accidental / Let The Thread Face The Cut! (between The Rapist And The Victim) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accidental Victim by aaogunleye(m): 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
Dioxidane abi na Dioxide abeg come give sunday bits o.You ah a bang!
Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 9:55pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hello guys, ladies... Hope your weekend was pleasant... Mine was awesome/hectic, that's why there would be no updates tonight. Make una no vex abeg. I'm high right now on 8pm (Don't know if you know it)... The saga continues tomorrow... Goodnight...

Dioxidane

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by pinkycute(f): 12:09am On Jun 22, 2015
Okay!..... embarassed

Dioxidane:
Hello guys, ladies... Hope your weekend was pleasant... Mine was awesome/hectic, that's why there would be no updates tonight. Make una no vex abeg. I'm high right now on 8pm (Don't know if you know it)... The saga continues tomorrow... Goodnight...

Dioxidane
Re: Accidental Victim by daholiest(m): 7:33am On Jun 22, 2015
Nice work man keep it up, u got me glued. Dioxidane
Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 22, 2015
update please cry
Re: Accidental Victim by Krisgift(f): 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
jam me some more.
cool story.
Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 7:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
Chapter Five

Mr Daniel Ekanem was the DGSS of the State Security Service in Lagos State. After the reshuffling of the entire agency which was mired with corruption and nepotism by the President of the country, he was promoted and transferred from Calabar to head the Lagos State Command due to his past exceptional achievements. He had a very strong anti-terrorism stance and most persons in the security community attributed the absence of terrorism in the state to his spearheading of several crack-downs on the various cells and sub-cells of the terrorists.

Mr Daniel just got home that night when he got a call from his boss, Col. Kolawole Coker, the DG of the State Security Service in the country.

"Hello sir", he said when he received the call.

"Hello Mr. Daniel. How you doing?"

"I'm fine sir..."

"And your family?"

"They are fine sir... Sir, hope all is well? It's quite late..."

"All is not well..."

"What's the problem sir?"

"My niece has been kidnapped."

"Jeez!! When did this happen?"

"It happened some hours ago..."

"Have the kidnappers made contact?"

"Yes, they have..."

"And have they made any demands yet?"

"They've not made any demands..."

"Could this be political or just for ransom?"

"I have no idea..."

"Have the police been involved?"

"About that, they've not been involved and I want it to remain that way..."

"What do you want me to do sir?"

"Mr Daniel, I would appreciate it if this issue can be resolved quickly and covertly by you and some of your trusted boys. I would be flying to Lagos myself tomorrow but I want you to look into the matter immediately and if possible, resolve it before I arrive..."

"That's no problem sir, we would get her back. But I would need some background information about her. How do I get it?"

"I'll send my brother's address to you right now. He would be expecting you..."

"No problem sir..."

"I trust your discretion with regards to this..."

"There's no problem sir, we would do our best..."

"Thank you very much... And please, get back my girl..."

"We would sir..."

Immediately Mr Daniel ended the call, he was sent the office address of Chief Coker. He called two of his lieutenants, briefed them of the situation and told them to meet him at the office immediately.

Chief Coker could not go back home to his wife with the news that their daughter had been kidnapped. He knew she was struggling with her health as it was, so hearing that kind of news could leave her worse off. He decided to go straight to the office and not to his house.

About an hour later, Mr Daniel was ushered into Chief Coker's office. After briefly exchanging pleasantries, Mr Daniel began requesting various details about Funmi, like her recent photographs, who her friends were, what her daily routine was like and various other important details. Chief Coker was quite close his daughter so he was able to provide most of those details, and her photograph on his desk was what Mr Daniel asked to work with.

As he was still discussing with Chief Coker, a call came through Chief Coker's phone. It was from Funmi's phone. Chief Coker recalled that he was called earlier by the kidnappers with that same phone and he informed Mr Daniel about it.

'Don't pick the call yet', Mr Daniel told him, 'let it ring.' 'Are you sure?', Chief Coker asked him. He nodded. He quickly called in his boys and they set up their GSM/CDMA tracking boxes. It took them roughly 45seconds to do that and by then, the phone had already begun ringing the second time. Mr Daniel gave Chief Coker a nod to take the call.

"Hello", Chief Coker said.

"I see you've brought in the calvary. Exactly what I wanted you to do..."

"What are you talking about? I need to speak with my daughter right now!"

"You know what I need Chief?
"

"What do you want?"

"Not what I want Chief, it's what I need!"

"What do you need?"

"I need to speak with whoever's charge there, 'cos obviously you are not..."

"I'm alone..."

"Bullshiit!!

**Ends call**

Mr Daniel swiftly dropped the headphone he used in listening in on the conversation and called out to his boys, 'Did we get him?'. They both shook their heads. 'He didn't stay long enough on the line. He obviously knew we were tracking the call and he is quite far from our present location', one of them said. 'If you can keep him long enough on the line, I can get his exact location even if he later turns off the phone. I can even hack the phone and set it on room monitoring mode, which in effect makes it a listening bug. Unless of course the battery is taken off', the other said and adjusted his glasses.

'Damn!!', Mr Daniel swore, banging his closed fist on the desk.

Chief Coker was speechless. He just dropped the phone on the desk, placed his elbow on the desk and placed his palms on his face. He felt confused and frustrated. He thought about how he was going to explain to his wife what was going on. He was still having thoughts when his phone began to ring again.

Everyone rustled and the lines were connected. Mr Daniel gave Chief Coker a signal to take the call.

"Hello..."

"Are you ready to do what I asked?"

**Silent**

Mr Daniel who had been listening in on the conversation, spoke up.

"So what is it you want?"

"Who is this?"

"Let's just say, someone who would make sure your demands are met..."

"And what make you feel you can do that?"

"Look, you obviously have demands... Let's hear them..."

"Fine!! I need an audience with the President!"

"What!! President of what?"

"Hahaha... I'm sure you are not that dumb. You'll definitely figure out what I'm talking about. Maybe I should give you a motivation. A bomb would go off tomorrow, another one next tomorrow, and another, till I finally get his attention. You feel my drift?"

"What does kidnapping Chief Coker's daughter have to do with seeking an audience with the President?"

"Don't worry, you'll figure that out too... You have till 8am tomorrow to grant my request, or the first bomb goes off..."

"We are talking about the President of the country. We can't just get him to speak with you just like that..."

"I'm sure you would find a way around it..."

**Ends call**

Mr Daniel was stunned. He looked towards his boys and one of them gave him a nod, indicating that they got the location...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by kwencypresh(f): 8:30pm On Jun 22, 2015
Let d game beginnnnnnnn
Re: Accidental Victim by cherrybrown(f): 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
Nice one dear still following
Re: Accidental Victim by milanseedorf(m): 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
Cool story. waiting for more
Re: Accidental Victim by daholiest(m): 8:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
Now you talking
Re: Accidental Victim by Kennedymac(m): 8:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
leggo there
Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
Contd.

SSS Lagos State Command (6:00am)

'Let's move it boys!', Mr Daniel screamed as he gave the final instructions for the invasion of the hide-out of the kidnappers. It had been narrowed by the tech guys to an abandoned farm.

Immediately Mr Daniel left Chief Coker's office the previous night, he called his boss, Col. Kolawole Coker and related to him all that happened. Col. Coker said he would be in Lagos first thing in the morning. He told him to invade the hide-out, tear the place down and make sure his niece was brought back alive.

About an hour later, Mr Daniel called up the task force when they got to the farm and gave them their final instructions. They were to use non-lethal force and retrieve the hostage alive. The others were to be brought in dead or alive.

'TL2 to home base. Do you read me?', the Team Leader called out as they got to the farm. 'Loud and Clear!', Mr Daniel replied back at the office. 'Approaching the main gate...', the Team Leader called out again as he began giving live updates of the operation. He gave hand signals as to how each of the team members were to go about the incursion. Standard Operating Procedure.

'Main gate breached...' the Team Leader called out into his headgear as they went into the compound. The task force members swiftly spread into the compound breaking down doors and hitting barricades. Within few minutes, the whole compound was taken over without a single gun shot.

'There's no one here sir!', the Team Leader called out. 'What do you mean there's no one here?', Mr Daniel asked him. 'They've obviously closed shop and moved sir', he replied. 'Scour the whole area for evidence to indicate where they could have gone', Mr Daniel instructed. 'Yes sir!', the Team Leader replied.

Mr Daniel slumped in the chair in his office thinking about all that transpired the previous night up till that very moment. He was very tired as he hasn't slept for more than 24hours. He was drifting into sleep when his eyes caught the news bulletin on the television before him.

'Breaking News: Bomb Blast At Bus Park - Kills 35, injured others... Details coming soon'...

T.B.C

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by saxwizard(m): 10:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
weldone dioxidane......

I think there is need for jack bauer the master planner too....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by wunmi590(m): 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
Nice update dioxidane
Re: Accidental Victim by ritababe(f): 1:04am On Jun 23, 2015
nice one bros
thanks everybody for voting lekinz today, tomorrow is another day tnks and jar bless
Re: Accidental Victim by lekinz(m): 6:14am On Jun 23, 2015
Lovely write up dioxidane...
Re: Accidental Victim by nceedaga(m): 10:00am On Jun 23, 2015
Damien must have lost like 5 teeth by now.
Re: Accidental Victim by peleson: 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2015
Cool story
Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 23, 2015
nice on Mr Dioxidane
Re: Accidental Victim by Geoxpress(m): 7:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
Dopee!!!!
Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 10:00pm On Jun 23, 2015
Contd.

During forensic analysis of a crime scene, three parameters of evidences are usually examined. The first parameter is the visible print, which is a transfer of material from the shoe or tire of vehicle used, to the surface. The second is the plastic print, which is a three-dimensional impression left on a soft surface, while the third is the latent print which is not readily available to the naked eye. Forensic analysts use chemicals, powders or alternate light sources to find these prints.

When the forensic team arrived at the farm, they quickly set to work obtaining fingerprints, shoe prints and tire tread prints. The shoe prints were quite difficult to obtain because the whole place had been run over by the task force officers that invaded the farm. The piece of evidence that were readily available were the tire tread prints.

There were tire tread prints of about four different vehicles present around the farm, but most of them had partial prints. The most noteworthy of them all was the one with the most impression. It looked like it was the last to leave the farm. After the forensic analysts analyzed the grooves, the tread depth, the tread pattern and the thread width of the tire marks, they inferred that it belonged to a cargo truck.

'It's like the one used in transporting cattle or foodstuff from the Northern part of the country', one of the analyst explained to the Team Leader. 'Are you sure about this?', he asked. 'Positive!', the analyst replied.

Mr Daniel was still stunned at the breaking news he was watching on the television when his secretary brought him the phone. It was the Team Leader calling in. He briefed him on all the information they had from the on-site analysis of the evidence found on the farm. He was instructed to continue scouring for evidence and to look for clues as to where they might have moved to.

Mr Daniel was still on the phone when Col. Coker and his aide were ushered into the office by his secretary.....

T.B.C

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by ritababe(f): 10:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
hi guys we made it to the next round a big thank you to u guys. tomorrow is another day have a wonderful night.. #teamlekinz
Re: Accidental Victim by hfinest1(m): 11:00pm On Jun 23, 2015
NYC story so far.... thumbs up dioxidane..... following closely

abeg make all members of my e-family & friends turn up and show my boy support tomorrow in d Mr Nl competition o.... tomfrench all the way....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
hfinest1:
NYC story so far.... thumbs up dioxidane..... following closely

abeg make all members of my e-family & friends turn up and show my boy support tomorrow in d Mr Nl competition o.... tomfrench all the way....
i sight you mahn!!!
Re: Accidental Victim by hfinest1(m): 6:45am On Jun 24, 2015
thanks to you guys, we made it to the next round... yaay... God bless y'all... but it continues today.... just turn up and drop ya *I vote tomfrench cc nljega* I believe we can do it again today

cc

eniqurl pinkycute dioxidane elantracey hurklan nitefury hurklan liljboy lilmaxfidel et al.

let's do it again today and I believe with your cooperative effort, the crown will be ours smiley

tomfrench all the way

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by kwencypresh(f): 10:35am On Jun 24, 2015
I still dey follow u lyk pls com n update na
Re: Accidental Victim by saxwizard(m): 5:21pm On Jun 24, 2015
pls com and update
Re: Accidental Victim by Tattooboy: 10:11pm On Jun 24, 2015
saxwizard:
pls com and update
Re: Accidental Victim by nastyd(m): 12:54pm On Jun 25, 2015
Chai..i dey cari last since ni sha

i dey go dull 4 d oda thread...

i've missd alot...neways...all accumulated chapters/Episodes makes 4 a more interestn read

Dioxidane...ur story making sense bro
Re: Accidental Victim by Spidermon: 6:37am On Jun 26, 2015
Nice story OP but one or two f**king scenes suppose don enter by now na
....U made some errors about the Glock pistol. All Glocks are Semi automatics which averages around 50 rounds per minute. Anything giving off up to 1200 rounds per minute is a machine gun and Glock doesn't make rifles.

3 Likes

Re: Accidental Victim by saxwizard(m): 7:12am On Jun 26, 2015
Spidermon:
Nice story OP but one or two f**king scenes suppose don enter by now na
....U made some errors about the Glock pistol. All Glocks are Semi automatics which averages around 50 rounds per minute. Anything giving off up to 1200 rounds per minute is a machine gun and Glock doesn't make rifles.

o boi na gun u dey analyse so?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Oga Landlord 21+ / Nigerian Politics: How To Publish A Book On Nigerian Politics / Choices: Another Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.