Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Don’t Pay $50,000 To See Me Or My Husband, First Lady Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Pay $50,000 To See Me Or My Husband, First Lady Warns (683 Views)

Fayose Gives N20,000 To A Teacher Whose Shoe Got Spoilt In A Meeting / How Governor Obiano Allegedly Gave Nnamdi Kanu $50,000 And Two Suvs / Top Politicians Woo Senators With $50,000 Each To Impeach Saraki - Daily Indept. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Pay $50,000 To See Me Or My Husband, First Lady Warns by And9: 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2015
Wife of the President, Aisha Buhari,
has warned that anyone who
demands $50,000 to enable him see
her or her husband should be
disregarded.

Speaking at an appreciation dinner
she hosted for women and youths at
the Banquet Hall of the Presidential
Villa on Saturday, she said whoever
demands money to facilitates his or
her seeing her or her husband was
neither working for the President
nor the All Progressives Congress,
APC.

She said: “I will like to inform you
that in the past regime, whether it is
true or false, only God knows. Some
people were going round, parading
themselves as personal assistants. If
you wanted to see the First Lady,
you will pay $30,000 or $50,000;
and if you are seeing the President,
you will pay all that you have
gathered in your lifetime.

“This will not happen in our regime. Whoever asks you to give a single penny in the name of coming to see
the President or his wife is not our staff. He is not an APC member; it is a lie. Don’t be deceived.”

She stated that there was nothing people did not say about the past
administration, stressing that it was not former President Goodluck Jonathan that was not good but the people around him.

The President’s wife said the people
that are going to be around her husband have to be very careful
because the election ended peacefully.

“We are praying and hoping that people around him should know that it took him 12 years to get to that position and they must know that they are coming to serve the masses, not President Muhammadu
Buhari in person.

“It is the people that are around him that will determine the political health of our state.

“I am so delighted to stand before you today as the wife of a former Head of State and today being called the wife of the President. It was such a long journey and we thank God it
ended this way; we really thank God.

“I want to thank all Nigerian women and youths for the crucial roles they
played towards the success of the last elections. I am very much aware of your steadfastness during the election campaigns up till the elections proper,” she said.

She explained that in line with the philosophy of her husband, the administration would be open to all
Nigerians.

While noting the challenges faced by the country in the areas of security,
unemployment and corruption, she said the responsibility to solve the problems should not be left for the government alone.

Mrs. Buhari also used the occasion to explain that her husband never put her in purdah.

She urged Nigerians to come up with
practical solutions, collectively and
individually, that would facilitate answers to the ills of the society, especially women issues.

“Even, by the recent campaigns, it was Bola Ahmed Tinubu who insisted that I should come out and support my husband. Not that I never liked supporting my husband but it all depended on the people around him. And now, it is the people around him that said they wanted me to participate; we did and we have seen the difference.

“My husband is a gender- sensitive being, having so many girls as his own biological children and then having me as his wife. Then, you can see the generation gap. He allowed me to go to school. To cut the story short, he is the pillar of my success.

“The women of Nigeria are not asking for equal representation but a fair representation.

“As you are all aware, they were the
major voters; we constitute more than 50 per cent and in the end, we found out that the number of female legislators that we used to have declined. I do not think this is fair to women. We feel we are not adequately represented.

“We should now make it as a mission in the next four years, to fight for fair representation of women in both leadership and decision-making bodies,” she said.

She also spoke on the high rate of divorce in the North, widowhood in the South and female students’ harassment in higher institutions, demanding that something be done
to solve the problems.

http://igberetv.com/dont-pay-50000-to-see-me-or-my-husband-first-lady-warns/

Re: Don’t Pay $50,000 To See Me Or My Husband, First Lady Warns by Livintenment: 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
okay
Re: Don’t Pay $50,000 To See Me Or My Husband, First Lady Warns by WukedP(m): 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2015
I hear
Re: Don’t Pay $50,000 To See Me Or My Husband, First Lady Warns by Tunami(m): 12:58pm On Jun 15, 2015
we don hear
Re: Don’t Pay $50,000 To See Me Or My Husband, First Lady Warns by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
My belly fill with joy for making the right choice those days has gone #welcomchange
Re: Don’t Pay $50,000 To See Me Or My Husband, First Lady Warns by Ideyontop: 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2015
That's a good one oooo.

Truth be told,it happened a lot in the last administration.....

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Is The Leader Of APC – Garba Shehu / America Legalises Same Sex Marriage / Buhari's Administration And Their Plan To Expose Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.