Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,127 members, 7,953,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:11 PM

Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every (102321 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Enyimba Wins The Nigerian League For A Record 7th Time / Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 8:59pm On Jul 11, 2009
@owu11
long time, where have you been. . .trust you'll support sharks, dont be too disappointed when the elephants stump the sharks in the finals cheesy grin tongue i will also try to watch the match (if PHCN gree).
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 9:07pm On Jul 11, 2009
will they be an open-top bus parade for the winner?  cool

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 9:22pm On Jul 11, 2009
dominique:

@owu11
long time, where have you been. . .trust you'll support sharks,  dont be too disappointed when the elephants stump the sharks in the finals cheesy grin tongue i will also try to watch the match (if PHCN gree).

Been doing some travelling. . .

However, The Elephants will be bitten to a standstill tomorrow . . . cool wink cool
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by aegibson(m): 10:13pm On Jul 11, 2009
Does anyone know what happens to Nigeria's second CAF Confederation Cup slot after Enyimba wins tomorrow?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by aegibson(m): 4:35am On Jul 12, 2009
Federation Cup: Lagos saves NFF as Enyimba, Sharks battle
SportsJul 11, 2009
By Patrick Omorodion
Not many people will know that for the Lagos State Government which is footing the bills for the 2009 Federation Cup final (it used to be FA Cup before now), today’s epic match between former African Champions, Enyimba Football Club of Aba and Sharks Football Club of Port Harcourt could not have been possible, or better still would have been colourless.

As it is usual with the present Board of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) under Alhaji Sani Lulu, they had no plans for the competition after its former sponsor, Coca Cola pulled out. A last minute visit to Governor Babatunde Fashola, himself an ardent lover of football, changed the situation.
Lagos State did not only buy the idea of supporting the 2009 final, it asked the NFF to give it the right to host three subsequent editions after today’s final, but surprisingly the NFF turned down the request, Sunday Vanguard Sports gathered.

Sani Lulu Abdulahi, Chairman NFF
So after today’s final, the country may be forced to have an uneventful final next year and beyond, as the NFF may wait until the last minute before looking for another sponsor for the 2010 edition.
So when football fans troop to the Teslim Balogun stadium, don’t be deceived that the carnival-like atmosphere they may see and savour was the handiwork of the NFF. The Lagos State government has budgeted about N6 million to make the final glamorous, like it used to be in the past. Fans are also  expected to win some prizes from the raffle expected to be drawn there.
Aside the entertainment, fans will be thrilled with scintillating soccer artistry from two sides that are not new to this competition. Enymba as former champions while Sharks have always gone so close but missing it on each occasion.
Today’s tie, apart from the fact that it would be a direct fight between players of both teams, it is a test of who’s a better tactician between Kadiri Ikhana, Sharks coach and Austin Eguavoen, Enyimba’s handler.
For experience, it could be said Ikhana would carry the day as he has won laurels with different clubs in the country, including his opponents today, Enyimba who he tinkered to their first Africa Champions League triumph.
But because football is not mathematics, as is fondly said, Eguavoen, who has seen it all at the national level, leading the Super Eagles to a bronze at the 2006 Africa Nations Cup in Egypt, may pull some tricks out of his bag to neutralise Ikhana’s tactics.
On the part of the players, the Aba Elephants are more motivated, so to speak, with the N500,000 cash promise from Abia Governor, Chief Theodore Orji if they bring the trophy tp Umuahia. Sharks are missing the benevolence of former governor, Dr. Peter Odili who could have doubled whatever the Abia government is offering Enyimba. Governor Rotimi Amaechi is not known to be a lavish spender.
Sharks need the trophy more to launch themselves into the continent for the Confederations Cup  next year but Enyimba who have already picked a ticket for the same competition as third place finishers in the Globacom Premier league, want to be champions again.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2009
aegibson:

Does anyone know what happens to Nigeria's second CAF Confederation Cup slot after Enyimba wins tomorrow?

The 2nd ticket belongs to Sharks because they got to the final but will definitely shut Warri Wolves up when they humble the People's elephant today!!!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by aegibson(m): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2009
Enyimba 1-0 up at the half!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 5:55pm On Jul 12, 2009
FFS, Kadiri Ikhana should move Amaefule upfront!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by aegibson(m): 7:13pm On Jul 12, 2009
Enyimba wins!!!!!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2009
yaaaaaay!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin UP ELEPHANTStold you ow11. . . take heart tongue

what about the 3rd position match between Lobi stars and Bayelsa utd?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by aegibson(m): 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2009
dominique:

yaaaaaay!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin UP ELEPHANTStold you ow11. . . take heart tongue

what about the 3rd position match between Lobi stars and Bayelsa utd?

Lobi Stars 3 Bayelsa United 1
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 9:54am On Jul 13, 2009
congrats to the Suswam Boys.

The 2nd ticket belongs to Sharks because they got to the final but will definitely shut Warri Wolves up when they humble the People's elephant today!!!

In all fairness, the fourth confederations cup ticket should go to warri wolves, they've earned it afterall they made top four.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by fm4real2k6(m): 10:40am On Jul 13, 2009
[b]Congratulations to Enyimba, i'm so proud of you guys, the players, coaches, and the entire management, the Government of Abia state, it shows you guys are the best well managed team in Nigeria football. We could see virtually everywhere men women, guys ladies clad in Enyimba jerseys, and its really gladen my heart, how i wish i cld been able to watch the match from beginning to the end, i only watch 10min of the match and even i didnt get to see the cup presentation.

But to be candid kudus must go to Lagos state governement for that wonderful Teslim balogun stadium, i love the pitch, infact to me is far far better than the Abuja national stadium pitch, all y'all can see it, nd who said a "good" artificial pitch as not come to stay in, (Even Sepp Blater said it tat thats it the future of football), and i guess this is a lesson for Enyimba, its an opportunity for the management to put it on the Governor's table and i know he'll do justice to that i believe that. Everybody that saw that pitch yesterday love it ( abi i lie), i really want to see much more Enterprising Enyimba, playing good football free flowing football, even the player themselves will attest to this that they relly enjoy themselves on tat pitch yesterdy,
Long live Enyimba
Long live Nigerian league
Long live Nigeria

Nigeria Good people great Nation,
[/b]
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 10:47am On Jul 13, 2009
dominique:

In all fairness, the fourth confederations cup ticket should go to warri wolves, they've earned it afterall they made top four.

Top four exists in the premier league. . . . Cup winners in all leagues around the world are granted a slot on the continent the following season and whereby the winner has already qualified, the runner-up takes that slot. In England, Milwall has famously gone into Europe after losing to Man Utd in the 2003 final. Warri Wolves would have a case if the final was between Enyimba and Bayelsa Utd.

Sharks to Africa next season!!!!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by bluehorizo(m): 8:11pm On Jul 13, 2009
A fan of the People’s Elephant, as Enyimba are fondly called, stripped himself to his pants and dashed into the pitch at the end of the encounter, which saw his team lifting the maiden edition of the rechristened FA Cup on an away soil.

Immediately Enyimba got the curtain raiser, the crazy fan removed his shirt and trousers leaving only his pants and was about running into the field of play, but was denied access by the security operatives.

He had to go back to the stands where he had fun moving around in his pants.

However, five minutes to the end of the encounter; sensing that the security operatives had lost interest in him, he removed his pants and ran straight into the field of play stark naked.

Some members of the Boys Scout tried to catch up with him but he overpowered them. He was later arrested by security operatives who covered him with a black cardigan, before leading him back to the stands, where he continued to dance.

When asked of his name, he said, ‘just call me Enyimba.’’

Asked why he stripped himself, he retorted: ‘How best can I express my joy? My darling team has won the Federation Cup, so I have to do it.’’

http://thepmnews.com/2009/07/13/soccer-madness

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 8:32pm On Jul 13, 2009
Glad to know Nigerian teams still have fans and supporters
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2009
yeah even if some of them are craaaazzy!!! the same stuff happens in Europe sha. . . nice to know we're reaching that levels cheesy the turn up was pretty impressive too.

@ow11
i applaud your loyalty to the PHC teams but lets be realistic here. had sharks won the match, they would have had a shot at the continental competitions, but they diddnt. they cant get that kind of consolation prize cos they're runners up. i'm sure NFF/NFL will decide in wolves favour.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 8:51pm On Jul 13, 2009
dominique:

@ow11
i applaud your loyalty to the PHC teams but lets be realistic here. had sharks won the match, they would have had a shot at the continental competitions, but they diddnt. they cant get that kind of consolation prize cos they're runners up. i'm sure NFF/NFL will decide in wolves favour.

If they do , then it will be a disgrace, a f@#king disgrace!!!! The FA cup deserves a continental slot!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by aegibson(m): 9:38pm On Jul 13, 2009
This is lifted from CAF's Confederations Cup regulations:

The African Football Confederation shall organise a yearly competition called
«The Confederation Cup», open to teams of CUP Winners Clubs of the Affiliated
Associations .The 12 countries obtaining the best results in the clubs competitions
during the previous five years will be allowed to register the Cup Winner's
Club and the club classified third in the National League. If the Cup Winner's
Club is not engaged, the concerned country will be authorized to register only
one club.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading that, only Enyimba will be in "The Confederation Cup" since that took both spots. But we will have to wait and see.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 10:48pm On Jul 13, 2009
I was at the stadium as stated earlier and regardless of whatever people have been saying about the Nigeria league or administrators or even the fans, yesterday was one of the greatest time in my sporting life; I was just going to the stadium to see what quality of game will be played by the teams on the new artificial turf, but since I live in Surulere I decided to wait until 2pm before leaving home, but I came to realise that I actually left home very late; nevertheless I was able to get to the stadium in say like 5mins with Okada (Bike) by the time I got to the gate I thought I was in the wrong venue; the sea of heads queuing up like a giant piton outside the stadium marveled me I had to do a double check by asking people around if they have actually come to see the same match.

I bought a 200 naira ticket, even at that point some people are ready to queue up in front of me if am ready to accept 200 naira or more even with the ticket in their hands just to show you how excited they are for the match.

I saw babies and ladies, old and young just name it, you need to be there to understand what am talking about the place was turbo-charged; but you my camera malfunction but I was able to get a hand full of pictures good enough, pictures don't lie you will see for yourself once I post them on nairaland
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by fm4real2k6(m): 11:05pm On Jul 13, 2009
dominique:

yeah even if some of them are craaaazzy!!! the same stuff happens in Europe sha. . . nice to know we're reaching that levels cheesy the turn up was pretty impressive too.

@ow11

Whicever way you thnk?, the fnnal word is thatt Sharks owns the CAF cup right its reserved for the FA cup winner and by defult they're qualified,even if the final match is between Bayelsa and Enyimba, the winner of the third place will definitelly clinch it.
End of the story QED
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by olamen: 11:08pm On Jul 13, 2009
its only in 9ja dat we see such things.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by fm4real2k6(m): 11:22pm On Jul 13, 2009
@Luckiest,

PLz you shld know i'm waiting for the pics, they're so much important to my life, plz endeavour to post it ASAP, or rather let me give you my emaill address and send them to me uh? fm4real2k6@hotmail.com
thanks
fmbaba

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 11:34pm On Jul 13, 2009
some pics and more still coming

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2009
more

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 11:37pm On Jul 13, 2009
more

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 11:50pm On Jul 13, 2009
more

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 11:57pm On Jul 13, 2009
more pics coming, even the guy who stripped himself, and for those who didn't see the match, please find a way to do so becos regardless of what people say, the players lived up to expectation, it may not be european standard but I can bet my life that some teams in top league will find it hard to beat Eyimba or Sharks, correct me if am wrong, we only need to do some little adjustment like I stated in my previous post then I can assure you that we will become the most watched league in Africa
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by aegibson(m): 1:13am On Jul 14, 2009
THE Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) will address the confusion over which team will pick the Confederation Cup tickets from all its competitions to ensure that teams know the prizes at stake before the commencement of each season.

Warri Wolves, which came fourth in the Globacom Premier League, is said to be laying claims to the last Confederation Cup ticket, which is the property of the Federation Cup winner.

Enyimba, which is one of the finalists in the Federation Cup, by virtue of its third place finish in league, has already picked one of the tickets, and Wolves is said to be angling for the last ticket because of its fourth position in the league should the Aba team win the Federation Cup. Wolves is said to be pushing its case aggressively through a top NFF Marketing Consultant.

But officials of Sharks claim that the ticket is reserved for the Federation Cup, which entails that should it lose the final match of the game, it should still get the ticket since Enyimba cannot pick another slot in the Confederation Cup. A top official of the federation, who pleaded anonymity, told The Guardian yesterday that the confusion would not have arisen had guidelines to both the league and Federation Cup spelt out the qualification for representing Nigeria in continental competitions.

"This should not have caused any argument if the teams knew the rules before entering competitions. I am surprised at the attitude of some of these clubs but everything would be sorted out once and for all," the source said. "The board has met to resolve the issue and I am sure that the position will become clear after the Cup final."
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by aegibson(m): 3:29am On Jul 14, 2009
luckiest:

more pics coming, even the guy who stripped himself,

We already have a pic of him! wink
Now if any of the women at game stripped themselves, I'd like to see pics of that  grin
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 5:50am On Jul 14, 2009
aegibson:

We already have a pic of him! wink
Now if any of the women at game stripped themselves, I'd like to see pics of that  grin

you have to wait until the next FEDERATION CUP; the pix you have is different from mine, because mine will certainly be from different angle since I shot it myself
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 5:52am On Jul 14, 2009
in my opinion I believe Sharks should get the slot for the Confederation Cup

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply)

Ana Maria Markovic Tagged "World's Sexiest Footballer" Responds To Tag / Free Betting Tips For Sure Winning / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.