Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,715 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every (100739 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Enyimba Wins The Nigerian League For A Record 7th Time / Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by aegibson(m): 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2009
2 teams to CL (champs and runner-up)

2 to Confederation Cup (third place and FA Cup winner)

Also, CAF rules state only the league champions and runners up are eligible for CL play, so Enyimba will just have to wait until they finish top 2. This rule prevented Zamalek from playing when Ismaily decided to opt out of this years CL.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 5:53pm On Jun 10, 2009
@Dis Guy

The FA cup usually gets started at the end of the regular season. Nigeria-based players do not have many games to play anyway so an extension to the league season doesn't hurt them at the moment.

As it stands, Enyimba will play in the confederations cup next year with who ever wins the FA cup.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 8:09pm On Jun 10, 2009
i think it is possible for one country to have more than 2 reps in the continental competitions. . .if Kano pillars happen to win it not impossible and they dont make top 4, wont they be eligible to play as defending champions?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by aegibson(m): 4:19am On Jun 12, 2009
dominique:

i think it is possible for one country to have more than 2 reps in the continental competitions. . .if Kano pillars happen to win it not impossible and they dont make top 4, wont they be eligible to play as defending champions?

I would guess it's possible, but has it ever happened?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by lalaboi(m): 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2009
Whats happening to mighty enyimba na. . . .they falling ma hand!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2009
lalaboi:

Whats happening to mighty enyimba na. . . .they falling ma hand!

Wait till Sharks and Dolphin visit Aba next year! Enyimba failed to capitalise on their success. . . The train has left Aba and is headed for Owerri, after that PH
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 8:41pm On Jun 12, 2009
ow11:

Wait till Sharks and Dolphin visit Aba next year! Enyimba failed to capitalise on their success. . . The train has left Aba and is headed for Owerri, after that PH

dont make me laugh. . . what can sharks do to the great elephants. Dolphins also failed to capitalize on their success and they got relegated tongue (at least they were also double champions). the train is staying in the east take it or leave it cheesy cool
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 8:57pm On Jun 12, 2009
dominique:

dont make me laugh. . . what can sharks do to the great elephants. Dolphins also failed to capitalize on their success and they got relegated tongue (at least they were also double champions). the train is staying in the east take it or leave it cheesy cool

Victor Ezeji is now captain and remember was responsible when Dolphin beat Enyimba 1-0 in Aba in 2004. Watch out for Sharks next year!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2009
we'll see tongue

tomorrow is the d-day!!! heartland berra not fuckup
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2009
Bayelsa United are CHAMPIONS!!!

On the flipside,

ZAMFARA UNITED beat kaduna united 9-0 to avoid relegation shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked When would our league make sense ehn! Little wonder fans are running away. Losing is part of the game!!!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by lalaboi(m): 7:47pm On Jun 14, 2009
ow11:

On the flipside,

ZAMFARA UNITED beat kaduna united 9-0 to avoid relegation shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked When would our league make sense ehn! Little wonder fans are running away. Losing is part of the game!!!
Na wa oh. . .Bayelsa united??, lol. . . .

and the 9-0 scores. . . .i wouldnt be surprised if that game was rigged. . . .9-0??. . . .na dem know jor
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by MrCrackles(m): 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2009
ow11:

On the flipside,

[b]ZAMFARA UNITED beat kaduna united 9-0 to avoid relegation  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked When would our league make sense ehn! Little wonder fans are running away. Losing is part of the game!!![/b]

Definitely dodgy!
9-0 to avoid relegation? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Nigerian League is shambles anyway, i am not surprised! grin
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 7:56pm On Jun 14, 2009
ow11:

On the flipside,

wtf shocked shocked shocked they had to wait till the last day to pull this kind of stunt angry angry angry

its stuffs like this that make poeple dislike the league
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2009
9-0 shocked for real?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 10:25am On Jun 16, 2009
dont know why they have to throw the match like that under normal circumstances (going by nigerian lague trend)
Zamfara would have won they were the home team

Bayelsa United’s 2008/09 Globacom Premier League title victory celebration was cut short
on Sunday when their captain, Abel Tabor, was shot dead by armed
robbers that same night.
[color=#990000][/color]The Yenagoa side’s
media officer, Ebi Abi, confirmed in a telephone interview with the
News Agency of Nigeria on Monday that Tabor was on his way to Warri
from Oghara, the club’s training base when the incident occurred.

Champions Captain killed
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2009
Funny story this one. . . Last season Akwa United won by 13 unreplied goals on the final day to win promotion to the NPL and have been relegated by another ridiculous result this year when Zamfara united beat Kaduna United 9-nil.

The same Akwa United has sent in an official protest to NPL asking to investigate Zamfara united.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 1:25pm On Jun 17, 2009
ow11:

Funny story this one. . . Last season Akwa United won by 13 unreplied goals on the final day to win promotion to the NPL and have been relegated by another ridiculous result this year when Zamfara united beat Kaduna United 9-nil.

The same Akwa United has sent in an official protest to NPL asking to investigate Zamfara united.
LMAO
Nice one there should zamfara united be investigated or Kaduna united, read the coach(kad) has handed in his resignation
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 1:39pm On Jun 17, 2009
lack of stats in the league!

Mini Quiz

Who is the highest goal Scorer this season?

Who is the highest paid player in the league?

Who is the oldest/Youngest Player in the league?

How many games did the Belgian play for Heartland FC?

Which club conceded the least amount of goals this season?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by cj24: 12:45am On Jun 23, 2009
Dear Mr Luckiest,
I read your proposal and was really amazed at your ideas,please i need to contact you,how can i get your contacts.Please send your contacts[phone number and email address to this my demo address ojukoko24@yahoo.com.I look forward to working with you.Thanks
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by cj24: 9:51pm On Jun 23, 2009
hello LUCKIEST,i REALLY WANT TO GET TO KNOW YOU PERSONALLY SO WE CAN
luckiest:

Dear Nairalander and Lover of the Nigerian Dream League,

Pls take your time and read about everything I have proposed here for the development of our league to an appreciable height, your contribution could make the difference we don't know who might be reading it, as this could lead to a revolution for the league; am sure am not totally correct in all that I have stated here; although I still have a lot to talk about, am not feeling it becos I am no longer see your contribution.

I will be talking about the reserve team, the female league (how we can make it the best in the world) as well as the youth football, and the kids too
[/quote

HELLO LUCKIEST I NEED TO CONTACT YOU ABOUT YOUR PROPOSAL PLEASE  SEND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS  TO ojukoko24@yahoo.com.Thanks
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by HBaryour(m): 9:23pm On Jun 25, 2009
kiss Abeg make anybody hit me with latest about KWARA UNITED. KW 4 life
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by just2nice(m): 2:10am On Jun 30, 2009
When is the new Glo Premier League season kicking off?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 6:42pm On Jul 01, 2009
@H.Baryor

the afonja warriors are still in still in relegation cry but Dolphins and shoothing stars are back cheesy
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by fm4real2k6(m): 2:29pm On Jul 02, 2009
@post,

I really enjoyed this forum so much and i'd wanted to say kudus to you guys, and to you luckiest, you've reall done a great job, i hope you can piece this things you've written together and compile hem , i know someday i'll be so useful for some people.

Well tere are some things that is being said here that can never happen, the issue of NPL TV, well there some thing s that we still needs to know in terms of contact, TV,and how league is being run.
By Gods grace i'll be a lot more involved in the league in the comming season.

The government ownership of the clubs i know for now is a god omen for the league, sentiment apart, in the age that sopnsors, investors are scaring away from Nigeria.

i believe in Nigerian football league, i know if we get it right it can capable of mopping up at lest 40% of jobless youth from the street knowing fully well that football is fast becoming the number one employer of labour, and also bring about the so called foreign direct investment into Nigeria.
You can join us on www.fmbaba.lefora.com come lest talk abut nigerian football league, watch videos, make suggestions et all,
God help us
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by bandely(m): 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2009
Hello House, Has anyone gotten the score of the Beach Soccer African Qualifiers Final Btw Nigeria and Cote D' Ivoire?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by aegibson(m): 5:08am On Jul 06, 2009
bandely:

Hello House, Has anyone gotten the score of the Beach Soccer African Qualifiers Final Btw Nigeria and Cote D' Ivoire?

NIGERIA ARE AFRICAN CHAMPIONS

Posted: 2009-07-05 18:20

A combination of clinical finishing and solid defence allowed Nigeria to beat Ivory Coast 7-4 in a thrilling Final of the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup 2009 Qualifier Durban on Sunday. 

The win, which crowns Nigeria as the African champion for the second time after their 2007 title, came on the back of a superb defensive performance, most notably by Ogbonnaya Okemirri, who was rock solid in containing the Ivorian strikers.  

Unlike the earlier play-off for third and fourth, which saw Senegal beat Egypt 6-4 in a relatively static encounter, Nigeria and Ivory Coast continued from where they left off in their two thrilling semifinals on Saturday.  

The match was played at a hectic pace and never let up with both teams going all-out to take control as play swung from end to end. With shots raining in on both keepers, either team could have scored numerous times before Ivory Coast got the first breakthrough – but the opening goal came seconds after a missed chance at the other end.  

Didier Kabletchi netted the first for Ivory Coast from a quick break after Nigerian Isiaki Olwale had mis-kicked with a wide open goal in front of him at the other end of the park. From then on Nigeria took command with the front running duo of Olawale and Baba Yahaya combining brilliantly to bamboozle the stressed Ivorian defence. 

In the first period the combination shared the goals with Olawale getting the first and third, both set up by Yahaya, while his partner up front got the second to leave Nigeria in control with a 3-1 lead at the first break.  

The second stanza was almost identical to the first, except Ivory Coast were only able to get on the score sheet again with 40 seconds of the period left when Thomas Ehounou scrambled the ball into the net. Before his strike, it was once again Olawale and Yahaya, this time with Victor Tale when he was on the pitch, who were giving the Ivorian defence a tough time.

So it was appropriate that the three of them shared the three goals Nigeria added in the second period to leave the score at 6-2 going into the final 12 minutes of non-stop action.  

The play swung back and forth, but as the clock ran down Ivory Coast 's hopes ebbed away and although they managed to pull back to three with five minutes to go, via Salomon Ouraga's score, their hope was short lived.  

Just over a minute later Olawale netted his fourth for the day, and 14th for the tournament, to extend the lead to four goals again, and with just four minutes left it was going to take a miracle to prevent Nigeria from claiming the title.  

Ivorean Ouraga netted a penalty but that was just a false glimmer of hope and left the final score as 7-4.  

After the match there was some consolation for Ivory Coast as goalkeeper Kevin Enam was named as the Goalkeeper of the Tournament, while Olawale was the Player and Top Goalscorer.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 11:49am On Jul 06, 2009
dominique:

@H.Baryor

the afonja warriors are still in still in relegation cry but Dolphins and shoothing stars are back cheesy

they've been promoted
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 4:57pm On Jul 09, 2009
are you sure. . . last i heard, the 3 teams gaining promotion are Dolphins, Shooting stars (3SC) and Ranch bees undecided

the FA federation cup finals is around the corner and its gonna be between Enyimba and Sharks. i'm gonna give it to the elephants cheesy
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 9:59pm On Jul 09, 2009
cj 24:

hello LUCKIEST,i REALLY WANT TO GET TO KNOW YOU PERSONALLY SO WE CAN

my email address is luckiestblue@yahoo.com; have been away from the web for a while due to my tight schedule, but am back temporarily, just misplaced my MTN line about 10minutes ago, seen a reason why i should have gone for their new backup sim, i misplaced some valuable numbers; thats life.

my other number is 08084554555 for those who feel my proposal is worth something, and in case i recover the number again it is 08033201118; this Kaduna Utd and Zamfara Utd shame would have been avoided if simple restructuring as stated in the proposal was adopted, not that it is a full proof but proper TV courage of the league would have prevented any hacky panky to an appreciable limit, we all know these clubs managers (espcially the lazy ones) don't like TV courage of their matches

@ fm4real2k6

thanks for your comment, am a proudly 9ja and amready to do anything to improve my own, am even going to the stadium to see Eyimba and Sharks in the Federation Cup final, we have do without the government am sure about that, a jouney of a thousand miles begins with a step.

am sure a Nigerian league players can earn as much as 200K every week and/or even 800k every month; we can attract players from every part of Africa and even beyond; amready to sell the idea for free
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by fm4real2k6(m): 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2009
[center]@luckiest,

Thank or that, i really appreciate it so much, how i wish i'm in Lagos, we would've have get to see in Teslim balogun stadium on sunday, but all the same. i hope you can do me a favour, by using your mobile phone to take pictures for the proceeding in the stadium for me plz. and you just send to my email box. or let me parahrase it well, i wont mind if you can be our "official" photographer for that match, lol, and i'll so much appreciate it. this is my personal email address fm4real2k6@hotmail.com hope to hear from you.

Fmbaba
www.fmbaba.lefora.com[/center]

[center], for the love of the game, [/center]
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by aegibson(m): 6:27am On Jul 11, 2009
Federation Cup final: a theatre of the absurd
By Olukayode Thomas
July 10, 2009 05:49PMT
print email

Pity fans that will be at the Teslim Balogun Stadium to watch the final of the FA Cup now christened Federation Cup, because of the ego of the Sanni Abdulaahi Lulu, who prefers to be called president, rather than chairman.

Thus with fiat he changed the name of the Nigeria Football Association to the Nigeria Football Federation.

But it is not just the change of name; the value of the game has dropped below the zero level. Fans today will watch foot-brawl. Not football

The good old FA Cup

Rewind to the 1970's or even the 1980's, the FA Cup final was as big as the presidential election. Then, in any city where the final was played, everything stopped. Days before, the match souvenirs of the finalists would flood the market. Hotels were fully booked in the run up to the final. On match days, woe betide you if you got to the stadium just in time for the match. You would not get a good seat, if you got any.

Ask any kid then, they will not only tell you the names of the first 11 players in likely finalists like 3SC, Rangers, Bendel Insurance, Abiola Babes, Mighty Jets, Sharks of Port Harcourt, Racca Rovers, Stationary Stores etc; they will even mention the reserves. But today, even sports journalists do not know the names of the captain of either Sharks or Enyimba, the two clubs playing the finals.

No more surprises

Elements of surprise, one of the ingredients that make FA Cup the darling of football fans worldwide has disappeared from our football.

While smaller clubs like Barnsley, Cardiff, and others are still creating upsets against big boys like Chelsea and Manchester United in the English FA Cup, our own giant killers in the good old days of the FA Cup like Abdulsalam Rocks, Arugo FC, Babanawa FC, Vasco da Gamma, and others, have disappeared, thanks to bad officiating.

It is only teams with deep pockets that get to the final, and small clubs don't have big money, they have been blown away.

Local league

The poor quality of today's final, and by extension our local football, is a reflection of the management skill of the officials of the Nigerian Football Federation and the Nigerian Football League.

As long as our league remains a feeder league to the European nation leagues, and even countries like India, Malta and Sudan, the glamour and competition will not return.

Many football aficionados have argued that the reason why fans don't watch our football is because it is not on television.

But the South African league is on air, how many Nigerians are watching it? Even the Dutch league and the French league are on air, how many Nigerians are watching them?

The truth is: people don't pay to watch football, they pay to watch stars, and if their stars are not playing, they will not watch whether it is live or not.

For glamour to return to our Federation Cup or league, we must be able to retain our stars, and if our football managers cannot, what we will be having year in year out is a theatre of the absurd in the name Federation Cup.

Sharks boast

Meanwhile, the actors in today's final, Sharks manager, Kadiri Ikhana, is optimistic that the Port Harcourt-based team will win today.

Ikhana told journalists shortly after the team qualified for the finals that the Port Harcourt-based team will compensate for the club's inability to clinch the Globacom Premier League title.

"Having reached this stage we are not going to look back, we just have to win the Federation Cup title to compensate for our inability to win the league. There were a lot of expectations from us from the league and this trophy will go a long way to make up for the failed league title," Ikhana told journalists.

Enyimba boast

Also, the chairman of Enyimba International Football Club of Aba, Felix Anyansi-Agwu, has declared that the club will lift the trophy to compensate for the Premier League miss.

Enyimba beat league champions Bayelsa United to get to the final. "I'm happy that we are in the final," Anyansi said after the excruciating semi-final match in Owerri, Imo State. "We lost the league shield but we are going to the Federation Cup as consolation. The state governor has assisted us greatly this season and it will be nice to hand the Federation Cup to him as our way of saying thank you."

Enyimba will say thank you to the state governor, but what will the football federation say to fee paying fans who watch 90 minutes of foot-brawl, instead of football?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2009
I will try to watch the possible drab game just to support my hometown club SHARKS!!!!!

@aegibson

The writer of the article failed to identify the need for each club to have at least 5 local players in its team. The feeling you get seeing your neighbour's son or your younger brother coming out of the tunnel for a game is priceless. . . . Which is why clubs like Gillingham still have fans!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply)

Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? / Emenike Displays Ojukwu, Okwaraji, Yekini, Keshi's Pictures In His Mansion / The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.