Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every (100736 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Enyimba Wins The Nigerian League For A Record 7th Time / Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by UyiIredia(m): 4:37pm On May 22, 2009
noted!!!!! luv ur plans!!!!!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 8:03pm On May 22, 2009
@luckiest

your plans are good. . .if only we weren't in nigeria  sad

you mentioned something about each club bringing in board members that will generate cash for it. i'm sure these members are business minded people and will hesitate to invest if there wont be any returns.
plus, lets not forget that some of these clubs are from poor states (Benue, Nasarrawa etc). finding board members will not too easy for teams like that.

i believe its achievable but first NFF (or is it NPL) should give targets for these teams to meet by the end of the season. . . that way they will be able to do more aggressive marketing and make their teams more attractive and play more pre season friendlies.

we have a long way to go. . .but i believe we'll get oneday smiley smiley wink
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by proudly9ja(m): 11:18pm On May 22, 2009
good ideas.
@monique, ur highlighted issues about poor member state will only arise if the board members are local. Agreed most of them maybe but Im also assuming that some 'citizens'of oda states might b interested in being on d board? For instance, a club like Enyimba is very well known. Uld be surprised that if ur plan is adopted, ul see pple from all ova africa coming in.

As an ammendment to ur plan if u please, I suggest clubs should not be owned by any state Govt. They should be run publicly/privately hence the moment they are able to get the board like you said, govt should hands off. Also, as per Gold/Silver/Green membership, I think the amt of money pegged should be related to club levels. The premier league should be divided into 3 based on history, performance over say 10/20 years, etc. Then each level will have minimum amts per member like u said. For instance for Gold membership ot may be 25million for grp1, 15 million for grp2 and 10 million for grp 3. All the grps are only grpd in terms of membership. They are still in d same league and will play together over the cause of the season but the grping is because I expect some clubs to be more marketable than others. 3SC for instance even though they are still in Div 1 will appeal to more people than a Nassarawa United for instance with all due respect.

Just my tots.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 9:23am On May 23, 2009
Thanks a lot for the contribution

I believe you will agree with me that every state in the federation has several millionnaires that will make this project work; in states like nasarawa that you mentioned it is true that more poor people live there but they will at least make an effort to support a club; all the government who will be transfering the clubs to the will ensure that majority of those in the club are credible, trust and serious businessmen or women. If we have a 20 member board at least 5 slot should be reserved for people from within the state, while the other 15 slot should be left for other interested businessmen or women either from the state or any part of the world.

dominique:

@luckiest

your plans are good. . .if only we weren't in nigeria  sad

you mentioned something about each club bringing in board members that will generate cash for it. i'm sure these members are business minded people and will hesitate to invest if there wont be any returns.
plus, lets not forget that some of these clubs are from poor states (Benue, Nasarrawa etc). finding board members will not too easy for teams like that.

i believe its achievable but first NFF (or is it NPL) should give targets for these teams to meet by the end of the season. . . that way they will be able to do more aggressive marketing and make their teams more attractive and play more .

we have a long way to go. . .but i believe we'll get oneday smiley smiley wink

A well parkaged sport surely gets good returns, it might be slow but it will surely come. How? some might ask; as long as fun and business is the key reason for football money will always be attracted it; this is a good business and a win win situation for everyone who invest. if clubs have good number of fans that are encouraged to buy out the store at considerable rate then the club will rake in lots of money but how do we make people shop; in the shop of most top foreign clubs are items that can be found in the regular market but the only difference is that the ones found in the club's shop are branded and it must be of very good quality. In Nigeria it might be difficult to sell very expensive items when you consider the level of the economy but when the club and the manufacturer or suppliers are given some incentive that will ensure they cut down the cost of production and supply, then the cost of the items will drop to the level of the common man. Imagine the possibility of buying a very good quality jersey for only a thousand naira when fake branded jersey of foreign clubs are sold for about a thousand five hundred naira. The clubs should ensure that most household item are sold in the shop, so if I can find most of the items in need from wrist watches, bag, shoes, jerseys, etc, provided they are affordable there wouldn't be a need for me to make use of the open market for most of the items. Even authorization could be given to some shopping malls to market the items.

A good product like a successful clubs will always attract sponsors from home and abroad; if it is so attractive enough and sponsors start falling over themselves then it is good for the clubs as their annual return will surely rise. Selling of players have also been considered a good way of make the millions, so if the clubs give strong support to the youth developmental centers in all their local government areas and the players get the necessary match experience by playing for the club then there is a sure possibility that 3 out of 10 players gives the club the revenue it requires every season, even when such players don't get to play any match for the club scouts from other top foreign clubs could even identify him right from the academies. It is not enough to have a successful club without the academies because the stronger the base the better the finance that will come in when you consider that Arsenal FC of London who for the part 4 seasons have never won anything yet their revenue by no doubt one of the highest, so its not until a club wins something that they can make money.

As a nation we can capitalise on the talents available in the land and become the best destination for the scouts of the world; all these are no rocket science when you consider the availability of resources. Chelsea FC is today worth more than twice amount it was bought originally by the Russian Billionaire.

Every state should try as much as they can  to present about two clubs so that it will create the frenzy of a local derby and whenever there is rivalry amongst club; from London to Cairo to Milan, the story is the same and more money for the investors.

Clubs should endeavour to rebrand at least after 5 or 10 years; parkaging a club regularly creates an attractive product; and we should ensure that clubs are not owned by just one individual that is why I have suggested that there should be a limit of shares owned by an individual to say 10% or even less, because we have to avoid a situation where a club dies after the demise of the largest owner; the success of a club should be tired to the people and they must feel a part of the club by been allowed to buy into the club shares.

At every stage of membership their should be a limit of share one can acquire;

The board (Gold Members) should be given 40% of the entire club.

While the Silver Members should be given 25%, while the bronze and green members, will get 20% and 15% respectively; whenever a new member is willing to join the club at any level of membership, when the process commences within a given period to allow every available share to be sold to interested buyers; the limit to purchase only 1.5% should be more than 5Million naira, so that if we have 20 people as gold members we automatically have 30% of the club would have been purchased, while the balance 10% will be bidded for by the same gold members at the same rate or any other interested individual still at 1.5% for 5Million naira but no one should get more than 10%.

I WILL GIVEN MORE DETAILS CONCERNING THE TV RIGHTS AND ELECTION INTO CLUBS EXECUTIVE
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 3:00pm On May 23, 2009
@proudly9ja

i absolutely agree, state govt should stop hands off the league. . .as if they dont have enough issues to deal with.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 8:50pm On May 23, 2009
@ luckiest
right now, the main priority should be how to make the teams more attractive so that people will want to invest. our league needs a lot of positive publicity before these investors will want spend a kobo on our these teams. i'll suggest each team should have weekly bulletins (including stuff like, club status, player profiles transfer gist etc). they can put them on newsstands and/or online. . . for teams that dont have websites, they can bring them up on public blogspheres like this.
any other suggestions?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 8:59pm On May 23, 2009
Latest league standings

Team Pld Pts
1. Bayelsa 34 63
2. Heartland 34 58

3. Wolves 35 57
4. Niger 35 53
5. Pillars 35 52
6. Enyimba 34 52
7. Kaduna 34 50
8. Sharks 34 49
9. Rangers 35 49
10. Ocean 36 49
11. Gateway 35 48
12. Wikki 35 46
13. Zamfara 33 45
14. Gombe 35 45
15. Sunshine 35 44
16. Akwa 35 42
17. JUTH 35 41
18. Lobi 35 41
19. Abuja 35 37
20. Nasarawa 35 33

notice how the bottom 4 are all North Central. . .i wonder why
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 9:58pm On May 23, 2009
maybe they have very little money to bribe their way thru grin

I didn't read all the proposal up there but, how can you say the state government should hand off their own property, if they hand it over who will they hand it over to? they can sell it
and secondly luckiest, you cant tell the govt to hand off club then tell them to give them loan

I think they should have sport medics or a Priemier league hospitals/clinic for players and sportsmen
And all players should have medical insurance, so we don't have all these ' they are not looking
after me' news all over the place
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by proudly9ja(m): 10:13am On May 24, 2009
@ dominique

my tots exactly. However, majority of them use the football clubs as a political tool and there are loads of pple who steal money via these clubs because Govt money is never properly accounted for. To get them off govt hands will be a tough battle but it must be won.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 10:36am On May 24, 2009
Dis Guy:

maybe they have very little money to bribe their way thru  grin

grin grin grin

I didn't read all the proposal up there but, how can you say the state government should hand off their own property, if they hand it over who will they hand it over to? they can sell it
and secondly luckiest, you cant tell the govt to hand off club then tell them to give them loan

take a look at foreign teams and tell me how many is run by the government. besides, with the current  the of things in the country. . . local league should be the least of the issues the govt has to deal with. each team has to be handled by people who will give it 100% attention and i dont think the state govt is in the best position to do that.

I think they should have sport medics or a Priemier league hospitals/clinic for players and sportsmen
And all players should have medical insurance, so we don't have all these ' they are not looking
after me' news all over the place

they do they're just not good enough. . .  how is a player expected to put his all in a game when he knows he wont be well taken care of if he's injured
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 11:39am On May 24, 2009
its is not going to be easy to just transfer ones property just like that; but in all sincerity if you want to know who is government, in my opinion its the people, because if I am the governor today, tomorrow it would be someone else, so there is no permanent occupant of the government house; the money the government spends belongs to the people, the services the government render are for the people, so it is not about hand off ones property and given loan to that group of people, even if they don't give the loan it will certainly succeed; what this proposal is suggesting is that the government should shift responsibility of operating the club to those who can properly handle it and make good profit, no club till date have actually declared profit.

But in this case the proposal is suggesting that while the property is in the hands of the people they will pay tax like every other private business maybe 1 or 2 tax cut here and there, but the truth is that this property belongs to the people and must be managed by the people.

Currently if we say the property belong to the government and not the people, of what use if the club to the government today.

1 - Publicity is what Orji Kalu used Eyimba to achieve, but imagine if that same Kalu where to be the government of say Manchester, with Man U and Man City as their main club you will agree with me that his contribution will be minimal but credit will be given to him for given his support to the success of the teams; if Eyimba is as successful as Man U and all he needed to do was to transfer the ownership of the club from the government to the people and eventually they become as successful as Man U or Barcelona, what could be more.

2 - Income, a club is suppose to make money but apart from Eyimba I don't know of any local club that make good money (my opinion) but even the Eyimba what they make I consider peanut when you know the figure of what Real Madrid paid for Robinho right from Brazil; if our league is well parkaged and our players are trained to top quality by the best hands, you will agree with me that one they we will read or hear of big time transfers right from the home front that is over $10Million, but that amount in the life of a Nigerian club today and you will see what that means, but that is where they truly belong.

3. Tax income - government will surely enjoy the success of every business within its environment no doubt and tax is a better opportunity, whenever mney changes hand it is good for the land; if people visit the stadium to what match say a stadium of about 20,000 and the minimum gate fee is 500, that is cool N10Million and that could be more depending on how the club parkages itself and the government gets say 5% or 10%, so instead of spending and generating nothing, they are making more and spend nothing. there are several other areas the government will be making money club the government; movement of people alone is something big, and if a club is popular the state will enjoy the unity and peace that comes from football.

4. Government attention - if government spent less time and money on football there will be certainly more time for the government on other areas that affects our lives positively, which is why the government must get it hands off the clubs and still make money from it. In fact there should be a set target by the government to their various club; if handed over, a club should be able to have as its capital base the sum of N5Billion in like 10 years, so the state can say if you don't hit this target will be returned back to the state as probably a failed business that cannot be run by the private hand, but I can beat my chest to say they will certainly make it even the less successful club will surely surpass that target but they might not win silverwares.

Every right thinking club operating within this proposal will surely have a website, because a website in todyas business have a vital role to play and the would-be owners will surely get a functional one. All they just need to do is hire the best people in the land to design, get information and host it. and if they want to make the site popular they will encourage their members to visit the site regularly for almost the same reason as a Man U or Arsenal fan will visit their sites.

Club Logo - not many people who support Eyimba likes the logo, what i think the club should do is to call for a design presentation from fans and friends of the club of a unique logo that will truly reflect the club identity. The fans or member should be allowed to pick that which they think its the best and after weeks and month of hand work from the organisers and fun by the members, the 10 best design will be unveiled and the club will organise a TV show where the general public will be allowed to vote for the best. The club will surely make some money because when people send vote through short codes money is generated, but the TV show will make the designed logo more popular and embedded in the minds of the people; and there will be the bragging of who has the best logo among the clubs. Check out the logos of the top 4 in England not as if they are finer that those of other clubs but because they have received adequate publicity by the owners it makes them stand out; they might not have done it the same way I have justed but in order to catch up the above is a process that is long but the shortest way to achieving something close to that level.

More gains for the state and nation - if every home club agrees to build at least one youth training center in each of the local government of their state; I see a tough national sports festival because the state government will be able to select the best to represent the state at the NSF and other national event like the Shell Cup, etc; the NFF will enjoy the privilege of getting the best to represent the nation at the U-17 and U-21, even the Super Eagles will surely get unlimited supply of pure talents.

With the success of our league there will be additional job created, even the press will not be left out because if the league is successful, pressmen will have more than enough news to sell their papers and even more content for their TV shows. I see a situation where most of our TV sport shows will be contents from the local scene; it is possible. Let me take you back in the days when our TV music shows was dominated by foreign content, but today the story is different, we can now see quality content from our local producers. this is what I expect from this proposal; imagine a 1 hour progamme not enough to talk about the ramataz of the league. You will surely see a full 1 hour programme that deals entirely on the life and style of the player; they will be programmes that will discuss the coaches, the board, the youth games, the wife or girl friends of the players; the referees; the communities where the clubs are located; the top scorers; the losers; the charity works of the clubs or players etc; this and more depending on the creativety of the press guys. PSL in South Africa have one station dedicated to it by Supersports, so just imagine the content surely will never be dry; we can surpass the South Africa but first we must believe we can do it, we must start now.

dominique:

Latest league standings

Team Pld Pts
1. Bayelsa 34 63
2. Heartland 34 58

3. Wolves 35 57
4. Niger 35 53
5. Pillars 35 52
6. Enyimba 34 52
7. Kaduna 34 50
8. Sharks 34 49
9. Rangers 35 49
10. Ocean 36 49
11. Gateway 35 48
12. Wikki 35 46
13. Zamfara 33 45
14. Gombe 35 45
15. Sunshine 35 44
16. Akwa 35 42
17. JUTH 35 41
18. Lobi 35 41
19. Abuja 35 37
20. Nasarawa 35 33

notice how the bottom 4 are all North Central. . .i wonder why

today the league belongs to the highest bidder what do you expect, we can move away from that when we consider to support and make contribution to the proposal. So many things will change, but remember also that last season a team from the North actually won the league (Kano Pillars); in a game there will be winners and losers, but good clubs will go down and come up again. chelsea fc have gone on relegation more than 5 times or so, but look at where they are today that is the name of the game.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 11:41am On May 26, 2009
ELECTION AS CLUB PRESIDENT

Looking at my proposal from the top you will realise where I stated that the creation of 20 board member; the idea behind the the large board was to ensure a broad and balance board,;broad in the sense that we can have a large pool of business tycoons who will fomulate policies to ensure that the club is seriously support by the best and richest minds and pockets.

Each of the board members will act as the head of a political group of those whose membership with the club is linked directly or indirectly with the board member.

If a board member is appointed as recommended in my early; as the pioneer board member he will be expected to choose a name suitable to call the group he will be leading for a while, such name is expected to remain so for as long as the club exist. The board members are expected to use their massive business understand to ensure that they bring in as many people as possible into the silver, bronze and green members under their individual group; the more the number of members within a group the better their political advantages. Since every member is expected to bring a particular number of people in order to fully confirm their membership of the club; this will guarantee the continous increase of the clubs general membership and swelling of the financial base of the club at the begining and also annually since members are expected to pay a token renewal fee.

Every Group leader has a chance of becoming the club's president which is why he/she must ensure that a lot is done to bring on board great ideas and more members. After make the personal decision of whether to run for election for the presidency; the board member is expected to seek the nomination of more than 50% of the Silver members within his political/membership group, but if he is not nominated he can still contest in order to test his political strenght against other board members.

When clubs adopt this proposal it is expected that they upon setting up the board they should collective nominate an interime president who will supervise the club through the transition process and ensure that there is a clear winner at the top of the club as president; before the first election the club general silver members should set up a committee to draft the club Status to include the members, rules and regulation and every other issue guiding the existense of the club.

The Election into the First board and Presidency of the club will be in stages;

Assuming all 20 political group nominates its leaders for the presidency, that means there will be 20 candidates.

Before the voting execise commences all candidate are expected to present their manifesto to voting members one after the other maybe they will be able to convince people from other group to vote for them based on idea and will to make the club succeed.

After the first stage of election, the 4 candidates with the highest number of votes will be expected to prepare for another round of election; where other members are expected to decide among the 4 candidate who should become the president; after the first stage of voting the 4 emerging candidate will be given up to two weeks to convince members about their plans for the club, and within this campaign period each of the 4 candidates are expected to pick one of the other 16 board member who contested earlier to become his vice-president.

After a successful election, the board is expected to join forces with the presidency to ensure that the club succeeds; members should unite immediately after election to avoid conflict since the election is expected to be very transpirent. The tenure of the president will be for the next 4 years.

Before the next election takes place efforts should be made to ensure that the voting group is reduce to 4; making sure all 20 group are divided into 4.; after the merger the 4 group will be open to other interested members from the Gold membership to the lowest membership to allow for new ideas; this means more income for the club and strenght for the groups.

Prior to the next election the main candidate for each of the group is expected to pick a managerial team 10 that will lead the club for the next 4 years; the list of the managerial team must be made known to the members in the manifesto that is expected to be made available weeks before the election. each political group will be expected to pick within themselves capable managers that will join the president and the vice; these managers will be like the ministers and they will on a monthly basis brief the board members.

YOUR CONTRIBUTION STILL NEEDED WHILE I CONTINUE TO CRACK MY HEAD FOR MORE ON THIS SECTION
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 10:33am On May 28, 2009
We have to continue to look for the best way to attract people both local and foreigners to become members of the clubs in order for the club to continue to generate good income yearly from membership fee, season and regular ticket purchase, as well as purchasing items from the club stores. We must remember that this fair democratic system and members responsibiliy to bring on new members is to ensure that the club remain strong and enjoy good stability without any financial involvement from the government. If the Stationary Stores, 3SC, BBC Lions, Kano Pillars, Insurance of old had been managed the way I suggested early and with the support of the fans as members with regular membership fee coming in; the share holder fund not lacking, then the league will still be attractive, but it is not too late; we have to thank the government for their effort over the years in sustaining most of the club but the responsility must be returned to the people so that the clubs with be managed like a truly peoples club.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 11:10am On May 28, 2009
In this edition I have to talk about the states and what they should do to give life to their clubs existing or dead;
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 10:19pm On May 28, 2009
luckiest:

In this edition I have to talk about the states and what they should do to give life to their clubs existing or dead;

Why are our clubs run by the government? I don't think they should be.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 8:44am On May 29, 2009
ow11:

Why are our clubs run by the government? I don't think they should be.

If you read thru my proposal that is exactly what I have been saying but some people who work for the government will tell you it is not possible simply becos they get peanuts and they think its a lot of money; a serious thinking businessman will surely tell you that there is a lot of fund available in an organised league; Arsenal Fc is worth several times more than it was about 5-10 years ago and they will continue to grow.

We as a nation we can do what most countries don't do and that will surely be in our favour at the end of the day. We have the Premier League, Division 1 and 2; all we just need to do is to give life to all the level of our league make all more attractive to investors, say for example if a club is relegated to Div. 1 or 2, the club will only loose the respect but the finance will only be partially affected. How? you may ask; just the same way we intend to promote and market the premier league we can do the same for the lower Division by ensuring that they get sponsors and play their matches on good turf, and also let the fans know that it is their support that can take the team back to the premier league. Since most of the fans will see the club as a pride of their state or environment, this is why we must make the people own more than 50% of the club.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 9:09am On May 29, 2009
let me start with Lagos state, it may interest you to know what I see as a possibility as a person, becos in my books there is no impossibility and that is what drives me to say we can create the best league in African, even better than Middle East and Asia, we can even match or surpass the South American and give some parts of Europe a run for their money, my reason is simple; we have all it takes, we have the people who want to get entertained with good football, we have the money - no doubt; and above most of the countries where talents is available we are more populated; so if we manage our leagues very well, even the school leagues will have more capacity crowd. so let me not take into my plans for school sport just yet; that is for another thread and another day.

In Lagos we have a club known as the Stationary Stores aka "Flash Flamingoes", "Adebajo Babes" but due to family issues it has gone under with shaky details about its possible resurrection, I know effort are been made to bring them back to top flight but just to make the club stronger than what its has ever been we need to consider the proposal and a little imputs from this addition.

The traditional base of Stores is the Onikan Stadium but word are coming out for the club to make use of the world class Teslim Balogun stadium but I have other ideas, but sorry I have to go now, need to attend to more pressing issue.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 9:07am On May 31, 2009
Its no longer news that Lagos doesn't have a serious team in the premiership but you will agree with me tha majority of those players in top premiership clubs grew up in Lagos, which is why in my opinion Lagos can boost of at least two strong teams and still get adequete support from the public, because a state of over 15 million how many people do you need as supporters.

I am thinking of a mainland and Island teams for Lagos; in doing this a derby is created and any team that wins the derby will be seen as the king of the city; aving the right to brag about winning a derby creates the excitement and revenue for the organisers, but the question is still "where are the clubs?"
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 12:48pm On May 31, 2009

I am thinking of a mainland and Island teams for Lagos; in doing this a derby is created and any team that wins the derby will be seen as the king of the city; aving the right to brag about winning a derby creates the excitement and revenue for the organisers, but the question is still "where are the clubs?"

that is the million naira question. . .WHERE THE HELL ARE THE LAGOS CLUBS
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 12:54pm On May 31, 2009
wishing the boys of Bayelsa United all the luck they need as they face Kampala city council with a 1-3 deficit later today.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 2:09pm On May 31, 2009
but the question is still "where are the clubs?" that was my last sentence earlier but the truth is that there is no club but the potential is massive and I can comfortably say that Lagos has all it takes to have two world class football club side (correct me if am wrong).

I mentioned Mainland and Island teams earlier; I grew up knowing stores as the darlng team of Lagos with a base at Onikan which is why most of their fan base are people from the Island whose support can be compared with teams like 3SC, Rangers, Insurance etc; the population of Lagos has increased more than what it use to be in the 80s and 90s.

The newly rejuvinated stores should retain the use of Onikan as their home, while the other team will be expected to use the Teslim Balogun stadium for the mainland team. Onikan will be considered a primary or secondary school pitch but I believe it could be transformed into one of the best mini-stadium in Africa with up to 35,000 capacity.

Each time I pass through Onikan stadium all I see is a world class possibility; I will share with you what I see in my imagination of the Onikan Stadium.

We have to redesign the Onikan Stadium in such a way that the turf will be increased to about 110m x 68m; the turf must be green and in order to achieve a proper playing turf all year round, then we should go for the new Tiger Turf - FIFA 2 star-accredited synthetic pitch so that we can ensure that the maintenance is no longer a serious matter for the stadium manager. It is no longer necessary to start thinking about ordinary grass since even FiFa now encourage most football association to install FIFA 2 Star Turf. How affordable is this FIFA 2 star-accredited synthetic pitch? from the information available the installation of such playing turf is more expensive than the normal grass but the cost of maintenance is what drives the cost ordinary grass higher than the synthetic pitch, so why spend more when you can get the best for less.

The seating terraces is where another major work need to be carried out by the best in the land and I believe we have then, so before we start installing the turf we need to first design the entire stadium to accomodate over 30,000 capacity. Invite the best architech in the land and task them with the job of redesigning the stadium using this crazy idea coming out of my head.

In order to increase the seating area, two tunnel will be created in such a way that the seating area along the Island Club Road will be built over road, so that vehicle coming from the victoria island and heading towards the Awolowo will drive through the tunnel on Island Club Road. The reason for the tunnel is to create more space for the seating terraces; in order to also create a complete stadium with all the basic amenities, I expect to see top class resturants and shops where all visitors and passerby are expected to take advantage of the place to enjoy themselves.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 2:27pm On May 31, 2009
i will be back for more
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by UyiIredia(m): 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2009
luv ur dreams but hav some concerns:

>>>> in d 1st place who's gonna fund it___remember our economy is cash-strapped
>>>> if d funding problem is solved & d stadium is built the infamous 'Nigerian mentality'
comes into play__it is either some miscreants will thoroughly abuse d stadium 2 d extent
u won't recognise it or a lack of maintenance culture will erode such a structure

that is the reality on ground
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by andyty(m): 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2009
Hurray, 3SC and Dolphins are back. It is good for the premier league in Nigeria that traditional teams are coming back. I hope to see the revival of stationery stores.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 6:42pm On Jun 01, 2009
@luckiest
all these are behind the scenes, how does it translate to the common man who wants to watch good football?
before any body will fall over themselves to become members, they'll need to see a greatly improved league with huge potentials. . .
IMO the first agenda should be how to make the league more attractive and get people talking about it.

andyty:

Hurray, 3SC and Dolphins are back. It is good for the premier league in Nigeria that traditional teams are coming back. I hope to see the revival of stationery stores.

yaaaay!!!! thats good to know, stationary stores are gone with the past century. any info on the Afonja warriors?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 8:53pm On Jun 01, 2009
dominique:

wishing the boys of Bayelsa United all the luck they need as they face Kampala city council with a 1-3 deficit later today.

Bayelsa Utd trashed KCC 4-0 and is through to the group stages! Hmnn Nigerian clubs aint that bad. That bloody NTA should show all champions league and confederations cup games involving Nigerian clubs live!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 6:20am On Jun 02, 2009
Uyi Iredia:

luv ur dreams but hav some concerns:

>>>> in d 1st place who's gonna fund it___remember our economy is cash-strapped
>>>> if d funding problem is solved & d stadium is built the infamous 'Nigerian mentality'
comes into play__it is either some miscreants will thoroughly abuse d stadium 2 d extent
u won't recognise it or a lack of maintenance culture will erode such a structure

that is the reality on ground

thank you very much for your contribution; funding is one difficult area, but the real problem is corruption, some people are contented with government funding the league the way they are doing it right now because it is easy to divert such fund to personal use but when a club is professionally managed you are manadated to give account.

finding fund for the league is not that difficult, which is why I suggest we do it systematically, little drop from everywhere will do the magic; most people who thought nigeria league is worthless were amazed when the sponsorship money that merely 70million naira was increased to N2.3 Billion because MTN wanted to grab the right off them; it is not as if these companies are stupid but because the NFL management gave them a reason of accountability, it is this same sweeping changes by the state government that is needed, trust me you do not need government money to make it work it only; all the government needs to do is to first get those fellows that could be trusted by the public and the rest would be easy.

say for example, we have as one of the pillars of a club to be someone like Dangote, and to confirm his "pillarship" of the club he needs to get like a hundred people who can also become sub-pillars and the 100 people should also be able to pay the sum of 100 thousand each; I am very sure that someone like Dangote will be able to convince more than a 100 people to become members and also pay 100K; if one person is capable of paying the sum of 100K, such person wouldn't find it too difficult convince about 50 more people to pay the sum of 10K just to become members, while some who can pay 10K can also find people who can pay 2K; so you just need a very good man at the top. Say for instance, if I am one of those who is convinced by the fact that a wealthy and trusted businessman like Dangote is on board as one of the pillars and I pay the sum of 100K, apart from been able to convince my likes to join and pay the same 100K, I can also convince people who trust me to join and pay the sum of 10K, it might take a long time to get 50 people depending of the way I go about it but am sure that with little effort within a year it would be done, it is just for everyone to do their part once someone realise that something is going on they will want to join. It is not immediately that you find people battling to join it is going to take about 2 years of systematic effort to make it work.

those miscreants you mentioned and the nigeria mentality that usually comes to play, simply because the government wants it that way, go to Oshodi today the story is different, a simple intervention by the state government will surely stop them, once a is privately run, all that is need apart from the order from the state government, the club management will also have to hire the services of a private guard to protect the facility while nothing is going on at the stadium
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 6:20am On Jun 02, 2009
i will be back
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 8:08am On Jun 02, 2009
andyty:

using the traditional clubs and my proposal will be a pointer to something because apart from people wishing to be

part of these clubs, and also knowing that credible people are part of the board will also create an avenue to sell

the idea to the club, an Ibadan man for instance will like to be part of 3SC, people from PortHarcourt will also

want to be associated with Dolphin, in Aba Enyimba is like a tradition, Kano Pillars in Kano is more like a

movement; stores seems like a dead club yet people still associate themselves with the club hoping that one day the

club will return; we talked about the Afonja warriors in Ilorin, BBC Lions of Gboko, Ranchers Bees of Kaduna; with

all these names mentioned here club respected by their own people as well as people from other parts of the

country, so all that is needed is little ideology base on a simple proposal to make the club will add the bite need

to transform the club into a more financial stable business capable of standing alone without government

intervention.

Even the new clubs like Warri Wolves, Ocean Boys and Bayelsa Utd can also seize the opportunity of their region and

their people to become a strong club with good home support just by applying this proposal. By the time we are able

to convince about 50,000 each from each state to support their home club regardless of their league status, which

is only a fraction of the population (1.8Million people) in a country of 150million, then am sure that within 2 to

3 years the figure will increase to about 5 million supporter in total or even surpass this projection.

If am just an ordinary member that have to only pay 2,500 naira every year as membership renewal or 200 naira

monthly it may be hard for some people but you only need a few strong support to make the move, other will join

when its time.

to make the move a little more attractive according to this proposal is for the government to first improve the

stadium especially the playing turf and the stadium facilities to FIFA standard and lease the stadium to the club

for like 10 years with a plan in the future for the club for buy the stadium or build their own just like the case

of Manchester City Stadium that is owned by the Manchester City Council with a plan to sell the stadium to the

club, so we should stop killing ourselves over clubs having their own stadium, if big clubs like Manchester City,

Inter Milan doesn't have a stadium of their own how much more a club from Nigeria, we should concentrate of making the clubs generate lots of revenue first, then other things will follow.

Since the turf is one of the major reason why Super Sport said our league is not TV friendly then we can work on that seriously the NFL can adopt the Fifa standard to say all club should go for the FIFA approved FIFA 2 Star Turf in all the state of the federation in all venue then we can go from there.

Club colours is another area we need to take seriously every club most adopt a traditional colour for their home use and another colour for away matches, they should be encouraged to be more creative and also ensure that the colour is acceptable to their people; as member to also contribute in the acceptance of the colour by voting.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 12:46pm On Jun 02, 2009
these extremely long posts. . . . lipsrsealed

they are good dreams but not well thought through, you are saying many things that dont fit into the nigerian context!
especially right now or in the near future! do you realy think some people somewhere are waiting for the givernment to hands off so tehy can move in? theres no big profit in the game for the owners by the way its more like a passion some couple of millions here and there. . .

can we get back to discussing the league!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2009
Dis Guy:

these extremely long posts. . . . lipsrsealed

they are good dreams but not well thought through, you are saying many things that dont fit into the nigerian context!
especially right now or in the near future! do you realy think some people somewhere are waiting for the givernment to hands off so tehy can move in? theres no big profit in the game for the owners by the way its more like a passion some couple of millions here and there. . .

can we get back to discussing the league!

it depends on what you mean by no big profit in the game for the owners - if you parkage a league well enough just one good sell can turn around the fortune of the club; the talents are there just be the first to identify such player increase the player marketing value; today we see the value of KAKA going up just like smoke, but we know how much he was bought from Brazil for €8.5 million euros but in January Man City prized him for 20 times more than that value.

Enyimba are quitely making good money from player sale because of the professional way they are handling it, they will make more money if such players are well parkaged; we all know that it is not only when the player leave the club that the clubs gets money; even when the player moves from the club he was transferred to another, just like the case of Vincent Enyeama, Enyimba still gets money from all his moves, that is the same with most of their player, so saying that there is no profit for the owner; then you are referring to some clubs who handle player transfer unprofessionally, we can get it right if we want to, as they say "Rome wasn't built in a day"
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 8:14pm On Jun 02, 2009
ow11:

Bayelsa Utd trashed KCC 4-0 and is through to the group stages! Hmnn Nigerian clubs aint that bad. That bloody NTA should show all champions league and confederations cup games involving Nigerian clubs live!
yeah i was real shocked when i heard. . .4 whopping unreplied goals!!! lets hope NTA/ BON or whoever airs the matches now that group stages are about to start

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply)

Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? / Emenike Displays Ojukwu, Okwaraji, Yekini, Keshi's Pictures In His Mansion / The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.