Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Trouble Brews In House Of Reps - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trouble Brews In House Of Reps (30996 Views)

Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic / NASS Officers Election: Crisis Brews In PDP / Fresh Crisis Brews In APC As Tinubu Posters Disappear From APC’s Secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
brixton:
Give a black man power and he will show you his true colors... Nigerians can see how selfish and desperate these APC guys come
Continue my wayward son, there shall be peace when you are done.....
Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by frankac: 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
APC which way. U pple should beta respect una self.

2 Likes

Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by manutdrichie(m): 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
D
Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by pure2012soul(m): 2:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
A party in power playing opposition politics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by DaEngineernet: 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2015
Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by jaybee3(m): 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2015
It's always about money not the interest of the citizens

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by free2ryhme: 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2015
make un kill una sef

mscthew
Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by kinibigdeal(m): 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
Here we go again
Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by Abugab(m): 3:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
Firstly, the committees are too many. What do they need 89 committees for in this era of blocking lickages in our finances? Those fighting for these committees seems to be concerned about stealing, imagine, the committees are even graded such as grade A.
Scrap the committees jor or better still, reduce them drastically.
Femi should go and sleep as Speakership is not his birth right. If APC and their selfish goons messes up our road to getting things right this time, well........

2 Likes

Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by 4q: 3:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
I doubt if APC will be able to achieve much in the next four years as i foresee the party spending the whole time bickering and settling never ending in-fighting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by sparkleboy(m): 3:13pm On Jun 16, 2015
It's obvious that APC as a party is worse than PDP because they can pretend and deceive the populace , while they remain the same crop of selfish Nigerian politicians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by AKPARAJA: 3:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
He said, “there are plans to present the matter before the President and the leader of our party. He is in a position to broker an amicable resolution between the two camps”.
Did I hear that Buhari is the leader of APC. Lai Mohammed caused the problem of APC when he said that Buhari is not their leader

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by iwatchandlisten(m): 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2015
There was a Champions League final match between Barcelona Vs Juventus ..... After the keenly contested match in which Juventus lost by 3 - 1, they are now demanding to be handed the victor's trophy to appease them for losing galantly. How does that work?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by arbitter: 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2015
dunkem21:

What of David Mark?

David Mark isnt the Senate Majority leader. That was just some basic Nigerian mentality of misunderstanding when someone says ' David Mark is being sworn in alone as the Senate Leader in a mark of respect' How one goes from that to claiming he was chosen as Majority Leader is beyond me.

The Majority Leader and Minority Leaders are yet to be decided. And they're not done By Elections, Each party selects whom they want respectively.

1 Like

Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
Do these guys have the interest of those who had sent them there at all?
Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by AreaFada2: 3:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
dunkem21:
Gbajiabiamila should just concentrate on his MINORITY leader position grin
Don't mind him.

He lost and wants to appoint 3 principal officers, if he had won nko?

It's obvious now that none of these guys would have conceded defeat like GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by fanysteve: 3:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
Nigeria is bigger than any political party,So APC cordinate yourself or else I will turn APC and PDP into whit GOAT and give it to the godssssss
Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by ARKdiscloser7(m): 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
This yorubas are always creating one problem or the other.
They are ranting all over now, something they couldn't do while Ebele was in power.

1 Like

Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
Femi is not in a position to make demands.

Besides hasn't he learnt a lesson or two from his frogfather's defeat?
Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by Themandator: 3:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
If this repor is correct then the APC has learnt nothing...... They will take it to the president,the one that told you he won't meddle in such matters.

BTW,who will they take the President if he refuse to concede to their interest in appointments
Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by mbulela: 3:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
zik4ever:

Bro, it’s good to be guided and informed. In both the Senate and the House in Nigeria, the convention has been to appoint an opposition party member to head the Public Accounts Committee as a sort of check to the Executive. Senator Lawan who contested Senate President with Saraki was the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Public Accounts when PDP had majority and Mark was Senate President. The only wise thing is normally to appoint a sort of friendly opposition member. Mark and Lawan were good and if not for the power dynamics, Mark would have prefeered Lawan to Saraki though Mark would also have been somewhat restrained when George Akume a Mark rival from same State emerged as Deputy to Lawan. As it is, a PDP member will head this Committee in both Senate and House. For instance, Saraki could appoint Andy Uba or any PDP Senator who is said to be close to him or who he thinks he can influence.
The Ogun east senator should head the PAC in the Senate. I doubt their could be a better choice for that post.
Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by chinae(m): 3:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
Caseless:
so he should take the post of minority leader as a member of the majority party simply because a minority stole the post of Senate leader from the apc?

We're progressives; we don't play such politics.
arbitter:

David Mark isnt the Senate Majority leader. That was just some basic Nigerian mentality of misunderstanding when someone says ' David Mark is being sworn in alone as the Senate Leader in a mark of respect' How one goes from that to claiming he was chosen as Majority Leader is beyond me.
The Majority Leader and Minority Leaders are yet to be decided. And they're not done By Elections, Each party selects whom they want respectively.
Caseless:
so he should take the post of minority leader as a member of the majority party simply because a minority stole the post of Senate leader from the apc?

We're progressives; we don't play such politics.

Direction Mr President; the house in question is The house or Rep,

Why David Mark?
Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by PStacks(m): 3:49pm On Jun 16, 2015
I love all this development. It would only strengthen APC the more..
PDP go wait taya..
Before PDP reach aso rock, it would take another 20 years.
Any TANoid that doubts me should bet it.
Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by brofula(m): 4:01pm On Jun 16, 2015
is this the change we voted for?
APC=PDP
PDP=APC
NIGERIANS DONT BE DECIEVED.
Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 16, 2015
PStacks:
I love all this development. It would only strengthen APC the more..

PDP go wait taya..

Before PDP reach aso rock, it would take another 20 years.

Any TANoid that doubts me should bet it.
You speak like.....a child.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by DeNoble1(m): 4:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
zik4ever:

Bro, it’s good to be guided and informed. In both the Senate and the House in Nigeria, the convention has been to appoint an opposition party member to head the Public Accounts Committee as a sort of check to the Executive. Senator Lawan who contested Senate President with Saraki was the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Public Accounts when PDP had majority and Mark was Senate President. The only wise thing is normally to appoint a sort of friendly opposition member. Mark and Lawan were good and if not for the power dynamics, Mark would have prefeered Lawan to Saraki though Mark would also have been somewhat restrained when George Akume a Mark rival from same State emerged as Deputy to Lawan. As it is, a PDP member will head this Committee in both Senate and House. For instance, Saraki could appoint Andy Uba or any PDP Senator who is said to be close to him or who he thinks he can influence.
Thanks Bro, People like you are the reason why I still visit Nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by Enahi(f): 4:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
APC going down the pit soon. A party of thugs and touts can never be progressive,I just Pity President Snail Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by BLOTRS: 4:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
This trouble should build up more so that the evil called APC would scatter beyond repair

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by zik4ever: 4:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
mbulela:

The Ogun east senator should head the PAC in the Senate. I doubt their could be a better choice for that post.
Ha ha my bros. Na wa for you oh! But come to think of it, any PDP Senator can be appointed oh! Impossible is nothing with these politicians. But better to make him head the Committee that oversees NDLEA sha!
Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by Reference(m): 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
Once again. The best days of the APC are well and truly gone. Its all downhill from here. I hoped for a better response from APCwest. But can't say I'm surprised. Pity.
Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by PStacks(m): 4:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
Exploit200:
You speak like.....a child.

Oh I'm sorry I'm forever young.
Re: Trouble Brews In House Of Reps by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
Caseless:
Here we go again...

*in DMX voice* Same o" shit js a different pile!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cameroonian Soldiers Invade Taraba Communities / You May Lose In 2023, Wike Tells Atiku / EFCC Arrests Sacked NIMASA Boss Over Alleged Multibillion Naira Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.