Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,398 members, 7,843,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force (36145 Views)

Femi Aribisala Asks Zahra Buhari A Question Over Aso Rock Clinic Statement / Bakassi Strike Force Begs For Amnesty, Returns Weapons / EXCLUSIVE | Aisha Buhari Sidelined As Mamman Daura Cabal Takes Over Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force by Anythingelse: 2:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
Baba, carry go anything you wish to do, God is behind you
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force by KingGeorge1: 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2015
Raw display of ignorance, have u seen Military around the President in any civilized Democracy? what a Country, one step forward and two step backward. Some Nigerians are here arguing rubbish, that it's the role of the Military to protect the President, then what will the secret service be doing? excessive watching of African magic, Telemudus and Zeeworld is you peoples' probelm
Go school una no gree, just gallivanting on social media to peddle Ignorance.

4 Likes

Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force by pacino26(m): 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Great. Those agents cannot be trusted, they should be focused on gathering vital intelligence and providing support to the other security agencies. Jonathan's party is over.

Under Abacha, the strike force was led by Major Al-Mustapha and Sergeant Rogers, and it was an effective though deadly force at the time.

But when is that Ogar aka PDP spokesperson going to be shown the way out? Her partisanship is unprofessional and not suited to such a sensitive and visible position.

When I heard 'strike force my mind went to the vicious 72 men set aside from the 300, presidential guards during Abacha's era. So na these boys in suit de there now? angry

Army Int and MPs should be drafted there biko at least those ones are easy to do the needful and not go after vain public glory with display of shiny rifles around the president. Those mentioning FSB, FBI and the likes should note that majority of the guys there served in the military.

NDA should take up close protection training and save us lots of shrouded 'overseas training'
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force by pacino26(m): 2:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
Nigeria36:

U have shown me u want to learn and I will educate you. First of all, I admitted in my last post of my mistake in equating SSS to CIA, the NIA is.
Now to issue u raised above.
Section 2.C of the NSA 2004 as amended conferred on the SSS all powers relating to internal security. Internal security is concerned with protection against domestic threats to the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the country and protection of the President and others falls under internal security.
What u read from the Act is the only thing the Act wants you to know. If you are observant, u will find out the Act is not detailed. It doesn't touch on sensitive information. DSS is the Intelligence unit of the country and every other info regarding it is classified, there are sensitive info the govt doesn't want you to know and once u release it, u commit high treason, a crime punishable by death. There is something we call 'security clearance' and the level of clearance you have determines the type of info u will have access to. The President has the highest clearance level, precisely,... Security clearance level. That Act is the only info u can access abt the SSS, becos u don't have the clearance to access others. The SSS operatives don't know everything abt the SSS. The SSS has their own internal body of rules guiding them.
I believed, I have helped you and my advise is, don't allow your curiosity to get over you, pls stay away from classified matters and don't even discuss it in the public. It is not safe for you, the govt understands this, that is why it is classified.
Thank me later

I think we've lots of security analysts in NL and you're one of them. PMB stands as Nigeria wherever he goes now and in a lay man's tone having a strike force of soldiers drafted into the dss is no big deal.

I think it's time our secret police goes back to being secret and discrete.

The reason for all these pandemonium is because a sector of the security apparatus wants be the alpha and omega in all. But is the dss crying fowl or Nlers just giving themselves sleepless nights?

I for one see the dss, sib and spu to coordinate internal intelligence and security whilst taking advantage of military strength and not try to appear in the news every now and then going after scammers and public frivolity.

Like someone reminded us here, it was the army that was called upon during the jailbreak at the dss Hq. Local problem demands local solution.

1 Like

Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force by SaintEddie: 3:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
Read this ye who are ignorant!

In 1986, the administration of General Ibrahim Babangida
reorganized the National Security Organization (NSO) by virtue of the National Security
Agencies Act of 1986 under decree number 19. The preamble to the Act clearly
encapsulate the desire of that administration to create
small, unwieldy but efficient security agencies responsible
for distinct aspects of national security. The agencies created under the metamorphed NSO are 1. State Security Service (SSS) 2. Defence Intelligence Service (DIS) 3. National Intelligence Agency (NIA).

Now, the SSS as at then (1986) under the decree that created it was saddled with the following duties/roles;

i. Prevention and detection of any crime against the
security of Nigeria.
ii. Protection and Preservation of all classified matters
relating to the Security of Nigeria.
iii. Such other purpose whether within or without Nigeria as
the Head of State of Nigeria may deem necessary with a
view to.

#However, in 1999 the General Abdusalami Abubakar administration under the National Security Agencies (NSA) act termed "Instrument SSS number 1" section 2(3) of NSA act added the SSS with the following powers/mandate;

The mission of the SSS is to protect and defend the
Federal Republic of Nigeria against domestic threats, to
uphold and enforce the criminal laws of Nigeria, and to
provide leadership and criminal justice services to both
federal and state law-enforcement organs. The SSS is
also charged with the protection of the President , Vice
President , Senate President , Speaker of the House of
Representatives , State Governors , their immediate
families, other high ranking government officials, past
presidents and their spouses, certain candidates for the
offices of President and Vice President, and visiting
foreign heads of state and government.

MY ADVICE TO PMB
Remember that it was your negligence of the SSS report that led to IBB's palace coup that toppled your government in 1985. pls forgive and forget those trying to cause disaffection between your administration and the SSS. If you feel the SSS boss played politics during the just concluded election, you have the powers to hire and fire so fire him and hire another or a more competent hand to run the agency.

NOTE:
Don't use your megabytes for gossip and sentimental politics alone, use it to learn as well fellow nairalanders.

5 Likes

Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force by SaintEddie: 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2015
If PMB wants to have the military as his body guards and strike force, as a responsible man with integrity and the respect for the rule of law (Democracy), he should approach the NASS and seek amendment of decree 19 of 1986, 1999 and 2004 that gave the SSS the powers to protect the president and designated principal government functionalist. He should lead by example by following due process. we want a better Nigeria and not the Nigeria of 1970s pls.

1 Like

Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force by Masculity(m): 4:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
ZeezaRapture:

shocked:oOMG did barcanista just say this?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??shockedshockedshocked

Is it just my eyes or it is barcanista that made this comment?? ? ?? ?? ?? ??

Woooooowwwww!!!!! AIKANOTBILIVIT!!!!!!!

Chaaaaiiiiiiii i must write down today's date!!!!

Dis is wonderful!!!!! am going to arrange a Thanksgiving programme here on NL!!!!

APC'Landers come and see ooooooo....Barcanista made a good comment about President Buhari oooooooo!!!!

Aikantjustbilivdis!!!!!

Thanks be to Baba God oooo. Chei dis is mind-blowing!!!!

Unblievable grin grin grin
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force by gogodaye(m): 5:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
Pangea:
I don't trust that partisan and useless head of dss!
I wonder what PMB is waiting for ?
She should have been sacked and thrown in jail for devaluing and corrupting such a prestigious department.

Protection of the president is paramount and if the military can do it, no problem.
All those crying coup, it is almost impossible in this time and age!

Go do you basic studies in civics........imagine the dumbness you exude in your comments......a Deputy Director...(responsible for being an interface between the DSS and the public........(Mrs. M.Ogah) has turned the head of the DSS......She is no where near being its operational head....not even number 12 in its top echelon.....
Now you guys by your comments have given credence to the diehards clamouring for the reversal of the DSS to revert back to its previous owlish mode of doing things.....keeping every body except those on its exclusive need to know list.....( She was and remains the interface between the public and our ever secretive DSS.....it does appear the old hawks have had their way....the owls within the DSS have finally shut their gates....and no one can tell what is happening behind their ever secretive conclaves hidden behind those high walls of theirs....owing to some naive comments such as yours......
You guys think President Mohammed Buhari would give her the booth as you're suggesting...... I challenge his government to show and/or present evidence contradicting what the DSS asserted himself and his APC party were alleged to be engaged in...

1 Like

Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force by Pangea: 5:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
gogodaye:

Go do you basic studies in civics........imagine the dumbness you exude in your comments......a Deputy Director...(responsible for being an interface between the DSS and the public........(Mrs. M.Ogah) has turned the head of the DSS......She is no where near being its operational head....not even number 12 in its top echelon.....
Now you guys by your comments have given credence to the diehards clamouring for the reversal of the DSS to revert back to its previous owlish mode of doing things.....keeping every body except those on its exclusive need to know list.....( She was and remains the interface between the public and our ever secretive DSS.....it does appear the old hawks have had their way....the owls within the DSS have finally shut their gates....and no one can tell what is happening behind their ever secretive conclaves hidden behind those high walls of theirs....owing to some naive comments such as yours......
You guys think President Mohammed Buhari would give her the booth as you're suggesting...... I challenge his government to show and/or present evidence contradicting what the DSS asserted himself and his APC party were alleged to be engaged in...

Are you by any chance Mr. OGAH?
Sorry your wife is going to jail!
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force by gogodaye(m): 6:22pm On Jun 17, 2015
soe:
averting is not same as defending.

You only avert when u detect early enough right? That is only possible with intelligence gathering. You only avert when you imfiktrate camps of rivals right? That is called undercover operations.
Have you seen how the DSS move in Nigeria today ? Like Ninjas...black car.black amoury...so obvious... Thats cointer productive...normally, they are meant to be faceless people operating under disguise from far
away bases...only reporting to the headquaters via proxy.

Normally, Buruji Kashamu's gateman for examle, should be an SSS staff disguising just to monitor his alleged nefarious activities
So damn wrong.....those guys you mentioned represent a unit in the DSS......
I guess you'll be tempted into asserting that the both the Nigerian Police Force and the Nigerian Navy have deviated from their traditional roles because the police run both marine and air units......whilst the NN has an operational air unit too ( the Helicopter in which DIG John Haruna died in Jos too was flown and owned by the NPF)...... ( the Augusta Helicopter in which Gen. Azazi (NSA) died in was owned and flown by the Navy)
The DSS has never been faulted for incompetence in their statutory task.........that is one damned good owlish secretive agency......the counter insurgency war against BH has being proseuted succesfully based upon 85% intelligence from the DSS.....
Take a good time off to know even if perfunctorily... a balanced peripheral knowledge of how processes and procedures run under the rexpe give agencies of the Nigerian state....

3 Likes

Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force by gogodaye(m): 6:28pm On Jun 17, 2015
Pangea:

Are you by any chance Mr. OGAH?
Sorry your wife is going to jail!

She sure will.....as I hear your unemployeeable self would be groomed to take up the job of her care giver at her private residence if your are damn lucky to make it......when she retires subsequently from the public service after meritoriously serving her motherland than any member of your accursed family would come close to.........
That is one professional.... in her own class.......same way you oafs have been heckling Gen. Chris Olukolade.....when you do not understand much less appreciate the nature of the job and tasks they are their agencies do...........
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force by unclejb2(m): 6:49pm On Jun 17, 2015
emamos:
attention seeking,you registered 2day n common sense is far from you.
why are u interested in him. Ameebo.
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force by henryblaze25(m): 7:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
Had to read all d comments made, some were Hilarious, annoying, out of Point, factual. But I have to duff my hat 4 Nigeria36 and Ocelot2006, they made me learn about other sister security organisation with the President. Ocelot2006 how d work? grin

1 Like

Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force by emamos: 8:47pm On Jun 17, 2015
unclejb2:
why are u interested in him. Ameebo.
i have noticed u
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force by lifeworth247(m): 3:27am On Jun 18, 2015
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force by ModiKen(m): 7:48am On Jun 18, 2015
My Oga at d top....b careful abt d military cos those guys love coup just d way d average Nigerian loves eba and soup
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force by JayB11(m): 11:13am On Jun 18, 2015
soe:
protection doesn't mean carrying rifles.
Likewise, protection doesn't mean moving around unarmed.
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force by newspapers: 4:27pm On Jun 25, 2015
When Dayo on http://www.newscabal.com/2015/06/25/sss-officials-evicted-from-aso-rock/ disclosed this, my simple reply was a question which is; Who is the Chief of Armed Forces? Is it not the President? So, why are we making a mole-hill out of nothing? If he wants to use the Navy as his Bodyguards, So?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Disquiet In Buhari’s Camp Over Saraki, Tambuwal, Kwankwaso / Fresh Crisis Brews In APC As NWC Rejects Campaign Council List / Cracks Widen In APC Over Tinubu - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.