Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,986 members, 7,952,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:19 AM

Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case (17523 Views)

Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu Accepts Supreme Court Judgement In Good Fate / Femi Fani Kayodes Write President Muhammadu Buhari 05-01-16 / Judgement In Saraki’s Appeal Adjourned Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by AdigunOAP: 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2015

Justice Rita Ofili-Ajumogobia of the Federal High Court, Lagos, on
Thursday failed to give judgment in the money laundering trial involving a former Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, due to the absence of the prosecution counsel, Mr. Festus Keyamo.

The judge chose not to deliver the verdict in Keyamo's absence, although the lawyer was represented in court.

Fani-Kayode's lawyer, Chief Ifedayo Adedipe (SAN), urged the judge to go on and deliver the judgment since it was ready.

He said the law did not make it mandatory that a prosecuting counsel must be present before a judgment is delivered in a criminal case.
The senior advocate said even if someone is holding a watching brief for the prosecuting counsel, the judgment could still be delivered.

But Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia insisted that she was more comfortable reading the judgment in Keyamo's presence.
She stood the case down for 10 minutes to enable the lawyer from Keyamo's chambers, Mr. Festus Afeiyodion, to confirm from his principal the day he would be available.

About an hour later, Afeiyodion told the judge that Keyamo requested for a short stand-down to enable him come, as he was handling another matter elsewhere.

"Mr. Keyamo asked that the matter be stood down till 1.30pm. By then, he would be through and be here personally. In the alternative, he suggested that any other day could be chosen and he will be here," Afeiyodion said.

Adedipe, after briefly conferring with Fani-Kayode, said they would not mind waiting till 1.30pm.
However, the judge said she would prefer not to deliver the judgment under pressure as the day would have been far gone by that time.

Apparently to prove that the judgment was indeed ready, she displayed a typewritten material on her tablet, saying she prefers to read it out at a convenient time.

Fani-Kayode was accused of making a transaction exceeding N500, 000 on September 20, 2006, which was not done through a financial institution.
He was alleged to have accepted N2.1 million in cash, which was paid into his personal bank account by his aide, Supo Agbaje, while he served as Minister of Culture and Tourism.

The defendant pleaded not guilty to the alleged offence which the
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) said contravenes the Money Laundering Act.
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/court-fails-to-give-judgement-in-fani-kayodes-case/
Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by ShowYourCertificate: 6:01pm On Jun 18, 2015
What's happening? Has Fani-Kayode re-joined APC? I hope he doesn't tow the line of Timpre Sylva. He should remain in the side of the masses and criticise the government of the day. The government of the Daura President grin

Meanwhile, I must say that Keyamo is losing steam. He's no longer the activist we used to know him for. Perhaps it's because he's now partisan. Too bad sad.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
Thursday failed to give judgment in the money laundering trial involving a former Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, due to the absence of the prosecution counsel, Mr. Festus Keyamo.
The incompetence of the EFCC under Muhammadu Buhari is legendary!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by TopsyKrete: 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
So he get case for court and hin mouth dey pick...

1 Like

Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by attacker231: 6:08pm On Jun 18, 2015
[s]
ShowYourCertificate:
What's happening? Has Fani-Kayode re-joined APC? I hope he doesn't tow the line of Timpre Sylva. He should remain in the side of the masses and criticise the government of the day. The government of the Daura President grin

Meanwhile, I must say that Keyamo is losing steam. He's no longer the activist we used to know him for. Perhaps it's because he's now partisan. Too bad sad.
[/s]

Sincere9gerien, FFK is in your party. Stop spewing jargons.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by donphilopus: 6:15pm On Jun 18, 2015
attacker231:
[s][/s]

Sincere9gerien, FFK is in your party. Stop spewing jargons.

Bros, how you take detect am quick quick say that fool na Sincer9gerian? I guess you're right though! kudos!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by attacker231: 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2015
donphilopus:

Bros, how you take detect am quick quick say that fool na Sincer9gerian? I guess you're right though! kudos!

He will come back to deny it, I know how to catch those ediots. They have there style of writing and always expose it easily when you study them well.

14 Likes

Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by donphilopus: 6:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
attacker231:

He will come back to deny it, I know how to catch those ediots. They have there style of writing and always expose it easily when you study them well.

Lemme start observing too. He logged out his Sincere9gerian moniker about 6:16pm and logged in his ShowYourCertificate moniker at exactly 6:17pm, so I have to believe you.

27 Likes

Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by attacker231: 6:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
donphilopus:

Lemme start observing too. He logged out his Sincere9gerian moniker about 6:16pm and logged in his ShowYourCertificate moniker at exactly 6:17pm, so I have to believe you.

Lolzz. I have been watching the liar for days, check his past post with that of Sincereliars post, you will know whats up. lolzz

13 Likes

Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by ShowYourCertificate: 6:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
donphilopus:

Some call me Barcanista, others call me Cramjones. Now it's Sincere9gerian grin grin grin. Keep the names coming cool. I won't deny any, I promise wink.

My advice: don't waste your time on me rather use your time to discuss with the APC mgt on how they can cure the Daura President of his dullardness grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Some call me Barcanista, others call me Cramjones. Now it's Sincere9gerian grin grin grin. Keep the names coming cool. I won't deny any, I promise wink.

My advice: don't waste your time on me rather use your time to discuss with the APC mgt on how they can cure the Daura President of his dullardness grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by donphilopus: 6:39pm On Jun 18, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

Your 'brainy', literate, smart and intelligent father is in the village hustling while a 'dullard' from Daura rules you. Ain't you ashamed of yourself?!

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by ShowYourCertificate: 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2015
donphilopus:

Your 'brainy', literate, smart and intelligent father is in the village hustling while a 'dullard' from Daura rules you. Ain't you ashamed of yourself?!
Nigeria is ashamed, yourself inclusive.

7 Likes

Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by franchizy(m): 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2015
This is victory to democracy. kudos to our judiciary.
Change has really come. FFK is innocent and will be set free.
FFK a man of honour and high esteem with very good reputation just like his father who fought for Nigerian independence.
May God bless our judiciary.

2 Likes

Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by DjHypno(m): 6:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
k
Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by okonelfg(m): 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2015
Badoo
Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by dododawa1: 7:01pm On Jun 18, 2015
Can someone send me EFFC boss number
Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by omenka(m): 7:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
This is nothing but pure laxity on the part of the prosecution.

Someone has to be punished for this. The earlier we started dispensing of these cases, the better for us.

1 Like

Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by bro4u: 7:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
Yes i expected it because the way he was smiling with his girlfriend in the court...it was like he knew it would happen.

1 Like

Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by omisakint: 7:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hahaha. Omo ilu MI
Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by omisakint: 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2015
Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by GentleMimi: 7:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

Buhahahahahaha. That will be too much for their minuscule brains
@ Topic, imagine this situation! It's actually FFK 's counsel that insists on a judgement reading. I smell d confidence oozing out of this guy's pores. Badoooo! cool #bringbackKeyamo#
Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by viczing(m): 7:08pm On Jun 18, 2015
donphilopus:

Donfoolopus
Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by viczing(m): 7:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
attacker231:

Joblessness bad oo, your work now is to detect people's moniker, gmb brought out this 5k stuff for you so you can have something to eat from smh

1 Like

Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by menesheh(m): 7:10pm On Jun 18, 2015
;Da

maneuver
Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by attacker231: 7:10pm On Jun 18, 2015
barcanista:
The incompetence of the EFCC under Muhammadu Buhari is legendary!

Your own stupidity is legendary. Hypocrite

16 Likes

Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 18, 2015
undecided
This guy no come fine for my eye like e fine before o.. embarassed embarassed
Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by viczing(m): 7:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
donphilopus:

You got no father I guess fool. Mr donfoolopus
Re: Court Fails To Give Judgement In Femi Fani-kayodes Case by attacker231: 7:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
viczing:

Joblessness bad oo, your work now is to detect people's moniker, gmb brought out this 5k stuff for you so you can have something to eat from smh

Stop describing your father Pls. I know he is lazy and broke, reason you stylishly praying for the 5k so he can feed the family and form good father. Lolzzzz.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians / EFCC On Secret Operation At APC Convention / Tinubu Has Approved Upgrade Of Ibadan Airport To International Status – Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.