Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss (12294 Views)

Families Need Homes... How Feasible Is It For Most Nigerian Families to Own One? / No Reception Registry Wedding / How Feasible Is Flexible Working In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by Nyceguy92: 2:18am On Apr 02, 2016
[quote author=timilehing post=34900535]

Even 200K should be enough; it all depends on what you incorporate or leave out.
Since you don't intend anything elaborate, I advise you keep the church activities brief.

Do away with Ashebi, unless they pay for their dresses.
Cut down on the cake size and cost. A plateful will do.

Invest more on the food, e.g., well prepared jollof rice and drinks.
You can get a friend to use his home music system to provide background music.
Should you present gifts, use key holders, openers, plastic cups, etc.

** A lot of people regretted afterwards and wished they had a second chance to plan their wedding.
The smaller the wedding, the less stressful it is...before and after.
Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by Titilayooni(f): 7:43am On Apr 14, 2016
Stillfire:
The nylon thing sounds razz, sorry not tying to insult you o, and I'm not one that likes big weddings either. But your suggestion is too razz for me. undecided
Since it's all about saving costs, just invite 10-30 people and treat them specially on a table like this below. wink Doesn't have to be this elaborate either. Just make it intimate.

Have you even asked the bride though? Naija women like to tell the world they now a Mrs o. grin What does she feel about your suggestion?
you can have a wedding without a reception,all you need to do make provisions for lovely paperbags to put the food,drink,cake and sourvenir for your guests after church,take pictures.......what am planning is a wedding of 30 guest(15 from both families)a reception like this picture above,after church we go there do little reception and everybody go home....am budgeting 200K..

1 Like

Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 14, 2016
Titilayooni:
you can have a wedding without a reception,all you need to do make provisions for lovely paperbags to put the food,drink,cake and sourvenir for your guests after church,take pictures.......what am planning is a wedding of 30 guest(15 from both families)a reception like this picture above,after church we go there do little reception and everybody go home....am budgeting 200K..

My desire is to have a wedding with 50 guests but my sister is laughing her butt off
She said she has 50 already so I should have a rethink
I am thinking of drugging her for 2weeks before my wedding cry
Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by Guests: 3:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
favoured234:

My desire is to have a wedding with 50 guests but my sister is laughing her butt off

Even if the world goes extinct, this cannot work... Lol
Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by Guests: 3:59pm On Apr 14, 2016
Titilayooni:

I don't think this will work. Your siblings, their best friends, your parents, their besties, your clique. 15?
Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by timilehing(m): 4:49pm On Apr 14, 2016
Guests:

I don't think this will work. Your siblings, their best friends, your parents, their besties, your clique. 15?
Must they all attend the wedding undecided

1 Like

Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by Guests: 4:51pm On Apr 14, 2016
timilehing:
Must they all attend the wedding undecided

No. But 15?
Let's be realistic
Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by timilehing(m): 6:59pm On Apr 14, 2016
Guests:

No. But 15?
Let's be realistic
You don't need your spouse to get married in South Korea; with just national ID of the spouse, you can register your marriage without any prior ceremony. In most European countries, just you and your spouse is enough.
Let's put aside the "Naija" mentality
Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by Titilayooni(f): 10:19pm On Apr 14, 2016
favoured234:

;Du want to kill me with laughter.....

1 Like

Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by Titilayooni(f): 10:24pm On Apr 14, 2016
Guests:

why won't it work?ts my wedding,ts not about anyone's bestie...strictly family tinz...at worst 20 pple from each side

1 Like

Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by diva90: 3:05am On Apr 15, 2016
One word: awkward. You can have a very small strictly by attendance reception(100 people or less) instead of completely ruling it out. So many ways to cut costs, if your church has a hall, they would most likely give it to u for free or a very small fee. You can look for affordable caterers, cheap dj and photographer etc just sit down and plot out a budget and plan
Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 16, 2016
Guests:

Even if the world goes extinct, this cannot work... Lol

cry You people don't just want to make things easy at all...
I am suspecting you are my sisters friend

1 Like

Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by Mcoldsoja(m): 2:24am On Apr 17, 2016
favoured234:

Shey ya sista go sponsor yu? Wai she dey laff?
Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by Nobody: 6:03am On Apr 17, 2016
Mcoldsoja:

Shey ya sista go sponsor yu? Wai she dey laff?

I wouldn't really say the issue is financial, I have never seen the need for a big wedding
Why do I need all those crowd to cheer me up.
Its not what I sincerely want

Anyway am still planning around my 50

1 Like

Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by Mcoldsoja(m): 7:18am On Apr 18, 2016
favoured234:

I wouldn't really say the issue is financial, I have never seen the need for a big wedding
Why do I need all those crowd to cheer me up.
Its not what I sincerely want

Anyway am still planning around my 50
OK. Notn du yu.
Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by Ligxy(f): 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2016
Stillfire:

Lol, you are correct. After writing that I remembered the guy might be based in naija and it might not fly lol. grin cheesy
This is what I plan on doing for mine by hook or crook o. grin I know my family will kill me for that. cheesy Can't stand big weddings at all. I even dislike the fact that all eyes would be on me. *shivers*, *my goosebumps getting goosebumps*
Marry me naw. You just said my mind. I hate the attention and the "all eyes on me".

1 Like

Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by GboyegaD(m): 2:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
Moana:
this may sound like a good idea but it can cause commotion i remember attending a wedding where the bride and groom had a list of those that could attend the reception and most of the aunties and uncles from the village were not on the list. They caused a scene by the hotel entrance until the bride and groom where forced to make last minute arrangements for them.

Even an aunty who last saw you when you finished pre-school will want to be part of those 10-30 people o

We have always given too much attention to those who don't matter. If one can convince the parents one has a list, they will conform by not inviting those out of the list. Worst case is, the parents will not be informed until a day or two to the wedding.
Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by gallery0519(f): 6:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
Waladade4luv:
Bro we share the same vision oh the only difference is that my bride to be wouldn't listen and won't agree no matter how much you try and convince her
. Typical naija girl
Re: A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss by timilehing(m): 5:21pm On Jun 25, 2016
Bride's mum wants an all-out wedding grin Only her pastor can change her mind

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian-british Grandmother Jailed In China Over Shoe Shop Dispute / My Wife's 22yrs Old Niece Is Seriously Tempting Me . (she Like's Being Nude) / Apologies To My Love. A Fellow Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.