Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome (62265 Views)

"I Caught My Wife & Driver Making Love In My House" - Lagos Businessman / Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / This Is What My House Help Did To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by humilitypays(m): 11:07am On Jun 19, 2015
Prospero01:

Well said. Couldn't have said it any better. I am not a Yoruba boy, but I like the Yoruba mom or dad. They will be the ones to ask dia daughters if the man they re dating has a house. Even an average Igbo parents will ask the same to be sure that the man is not squatting with his friend. U know why? In case of eventuality. But before they will ask dia daughter such question, be sure that the child is matured and ripe for marriage. And when we talk about dating, it is pity that every tom,dick and harry now dates. Dating should be confined to those willing to marry and be financially responsible to themselves and dia partners. I think ladies who have issues with this post, re just emerging out of dia teenage years. Even a core Deeper life( am sorry no evil intention meant on any religious sect) will go and see what the broda's house look like. My advice for ladies who keep meeting a guy @ eatery, know his place, see if he's neat or not, know if the house was rented by himself or his rich broda rented the place for him. Be vigilant. Say no to sex till U re ready for it. And for me, it's in marriage. See what U can offer a man beside ur beauty and body. Don't come to the relationship table empty and expect the man to take U to the moon and back. Look @U can bless a man with and not ur body. Don't make a man ur burden bearer, he is not God.
God bless you my brother! You are very intelligent, no doubt.

The problem with most women of our time is that they fail to access themselves and ask themselves this question:

“What value do I have to add to the life of a man I am going to date or marry? Is it only sex that I can offer to a man?”

If it is only sex that you can offer to men as a lady, then I am sorry to disappoint you that you will experience lots of heartbreak if God doesn't intervene on your behalf.

As a lady or girl, learn to be an asset and not a liability to any guy u meet.

As a lady or girl, learn to be contented with whatever you have or whatever your parents and siblings can provide for you.

Learn to be a value instead of a burden to men and majority of men will never play with you.

Sex is not enough to win a guy's commitment nowadays.

How can a girl or lady intentionally plan to go on a date with a guy she know deep down her heart that she's not going to date, just to squander the guy's hard-earned money? There's no reason for a lady to do such! But unfortunately many Nigerian ladies do this b4 they reach d age of 30yrs and they still expect men to be happy and romantic to women?

Over time, Nigerian ladies proved to Nigerian men that the only thing women can offer to men is sex and maybe house chores which many ladies today have stopped doing in the name of gender-equality and feminism.

But when it comes to spending and sponsoring dates, Nigerian women will forget gender-equality and feminism & start preaching romance/caringcheesy

Now, how do u expect a guy to treat u like a queen when he knows that the only thing he will gain from u is sex which u will also enjoy with him?

No one labours to acquire a liability and still celebrate the liability.

Ex president Goodluck doesn't play with Patience no matter the criticism from people and u know y? because Patience brought value to his life aside sex.

The economy is not as friendly as in the past and for this, guys are beginning to look out for other valuable qualities in a girl before committing seriously.

Just count how many rich guys or celebrity men in Nigeria today who married ladies that have no value or handwork? Gone are the days men married anyhow girl so long as she is pretty.

In conclusion, when a guy notices that the only thing he can get from you as a girl is sex, then he will do everything he can just to get the sex and flee!

But if u are lively, friendly, humble, worthy, and have positive value to offer to his life, believe me sex will only come to his mind out of natural and mutual attraction.

But unfortunately today, majority of the ladies we have in Nigeria end up being liabilities and burdens to men in their life and u expect men to be romantic with them?

I repeat again: women shape men into what they become in any society; so it is the duty of Nigerian ladies to start behaving well in order to get the men to change. Talking, writing and ranting can't change anything. Nigerian ladies should stop being selfish, materialistic, money-conscious, unfriendly and watch Nigerian men change to that kind of men they desire

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by ehjiwummy(f): 11:15am On Jun 19, 2015
Dis'come to my house issue'..is so annoying dat I imagine why so guys are fond of dat,thou I was once did it,but now if u really lik me nd u want us to be friends na to find me come oo there r plenty restaurant nd eatery to talk.come to my house ko,come to my house ni#hiss#

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Ikemikeobi(m): 11:23am On Jun 19, 2015
As if Nigerian girls dont like "come to my house " try being romantic and you will end up seeing her in another man's house

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by humilitypays(m): 11:30am On Jun 19, 2015
ehjiwummy:
Dis'come to my house issue'..is so annoying dat I imagine why so guys are fond of dat,thou I was once did it,but now if u really lik me nd u want us to be friends na to find me come oo there r plenty restaurant nd eatery to talk.come to my house ko,come to my house ni#hiss#
Whether he invites u to his house on first date or he takes u to the best restaurants for 1month, if he doesn't want to keep u, he won't keep u! And if he has bad intention towards u, inviting him to a restaurant won't stop him because he can pretend for ages till he achieves his aim.

Your best bet is to work on yourself to be a value, an asset that no man will want to miss! And then be contented and reasonable with your demands from men generally.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by bakila: 11:37am On Jun 19, 2015
coogar:
different strokes for different folks....

from my own personal experience, nigerian ladies actually prefer coming to the house than going out to eat somewhere. all those church girls who love doing things behind closed doors would never agree to go out on a date where they can be seen & gossiped about. they would rather chop & clean mouth.

That is the main stroke. Even the not-church girls will not want to be seen, gossiped at, at last date promise demanded from; at those restaurant.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 19, 2015
kedukc:

If chris brown asks u over to his apartment will u take ur hot galfriend along or even ur own sister?

For ur own good, open ur eyes and see the beauty of starting a date from a guy's place. A guy that has done his homework will put you at ease the moment u step in, however the broke dudes u fear so much will be emitting a stinky aura of inferiority the very moment u step up in their domain... What happened to ur lady intuition/instincts...that's where u activate it: flight/freeze asap cool.

wink[quote author=kedukc post=34921504]

If chris brown asks u over to his apartment will u take ur hot galfriend along or even ur own sister?

For ur own good, open ur eyes and see the beauty of starting a date from a guy's place. A guy that has done his homework will put you at ease the moment u step in, however the broke dudes u fear so much will be emitting a stinky aura of inferiority the very moment u step up in their domain... What happened to ur lady intuition/instincts...that's where u activate it: flight/freeze asap cool.

[/quoteI don't fear broke dudes,all i am saying is that is risky to be going to a guys place and i can't go without my friends or sis.
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by free37: 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
Hmm......
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by BornnAgainChild(f): 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
domopps:
Op what's your point?

Cheeeeers

Read,Read and Read again to get the OP point
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
Stillfire:

I always laugh when Naija women talk about chivalry, romance etc
Better wake up to reality... taking women to some 'fine dinning' is actually 'oyibo people' tradition. Better go and court yourself under the mango tree or something.
And to naija girls you put yourself at risk collecting anything from naija men. He is doing just that to get into your pants, not because 'he's romantic'. Better don't fool yourself. grin

Lol, come to my house...so romantic. grin

The oyinbo lady can't be compared to our own naija lady , she doesn't see a relationship as a means of meeting her needs. Once the naija lady accepts to date you she immediately dumps all her expenses on you ( some still hold their own sha ) , so why all the long story to get to her pants , abeg come to my house jare.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by joseph1832(m): 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
April07:
Oh my God!
I'm sick sick sick and tired of hearing those words.

Imagine you meet someone for the first time and you guys get talking, you like them cos you think they're smart. You exchange phone numbers and you're chatting. Next thing "you don't want to come to my house" To do what!? Is there some kinda solution to global hunger in your house?
So annoying!

The second point..
I couldn't agree more.
Most guys behave so good that you carry your self and be going to 'their' house and you go and get raped and you can't do nothing about it.
I got to counsel some young ladies who fell victim of the above, the shame and guilt they carry around is enough to break any male!
This is the case for so many young ladies.

Men in the Nigerian society need serious orientation and sensitization.
'Come to my house' is not in the least bit romantic or endearing.
Its creepy and annoying
Yes thank you very much! And you should direct this statement at those girls who tell guys "come and buy me my toiletries", "please give me money to make my hair, do my manicure and pedicure" etc.

And please stop generalizing okay! Not all men ask girls to come to "their house".

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
Osyxcel:

So when are you visiting? wink
Very soon hun.
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
Osyxcel:

So when are you visiting? wink
Very soon hun.
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by player007(m): 12:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
Can't help but laugh, not at you but at the idea that all men allegedly have this syndrome.
The truth is there are men and there are men. Truth be told the way or place a meets and woos you 70% of the time determines the way he treats you.
If a man ask you to come to his. House, babe don't go alone, go with a friend that's the way it used to be.
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by vickylala239: 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2015
swagloverss:
It was intended to be a simple PM on my BBM but the number of furious replies I got indicated that I had to expand my reach. The said PM was – “Naija men with come to my house, come to my house.” Is there seriously no young man who can advise his fellow men on dating etiquettes? Help us plssssss”

I sincerely felt that I was alone in this predicament till I started getting pings from people who were even more angry about it than I was. And then I realized that this is a general epidemic.

Now, I had different responses from people and I will attempt to put those responses into consideration and not be too streamlined with my views.

Most of the males who responded to my PM agreed with the fact that their brothers are not representing the male folks as well as they should in this area but one of the men made a case for our culture being the reason for this predicament.

According to him, Nigerians do not see the home as a private place and can invite just about anyone into their home. He also talked about the mentality that has been deeply ingrained in us – some men just don’t think that going on dates is necessary, or rather, “we can meet up at my house, there’s no need to go through all that white culture ish” (paraphrased)

As much as I understand where he was coming from and I agree with him that the Nigerian mentality has a lot to bear with this situation. I also think that there are two reasons why the “come to my house issue” is so rampant today.

(1) Some men just don’t think that it’s necessary to go through all that stress in wooing a lady anymore.

A friend of mine actually said that chivalry is dead in response to my PM but I am a positive person, so I refuse to believe that there is no single man on this earth who knows how to take a woman on a date and win her heart slowly – no, there must surely be such men left on earth. (yes, I am rooting for the male folks)

Some Nigerian men just believe that all that “taking a woman to a lovely restaurant and stuff” is for “oyibo people“. I mean, you will be surprised at the number of educated men who would invite you to their house at first meeting.

The man who inspired my PM is a lecturer. Another man who contributed to my cry for help studied law as a first degree. He is involved in media and publicity for a while, and is a called pastor… so you can go figure out the thing about education being a way to raise up people with a modern outlook on things.

(2) 80 % of the men who invite ladies to come to their house at first meeting have no good intentions at heart.

Now, I have to be very careful with how I say this, because I understand like my male friend stated above: that for some men, inviting a lady to their house at first meeting just doesn’t mean anything to them.

They weren’t raised with the mentality that the home is a private place. So even if they just met a lady they are interested in, they can hang out at their house as a first date – with no ulterior motive involved on their part. So yes, I agree that those kind of men exist.

We don’t need to go deep down into stories do we? Or maybe we do. Listen carefully and you will hear stories from the lady who has true stories to tell on how she had to fend off SERIOUS sexual advances just because she believed a man who said he had no ulterior motive for inviting her to his house.

Some of our female friends won’t open up to us but some ladies have been raped because of the “come to my house syndrome”. They cower in shame and guilt, berating their selves that they should have known better than to go to his house. And the society doesn’t make it easy on them too.

Most people would say things like – “Why did you go to his house? That’s a sign that you wanted the sexual act to happen” So the victims keep quiet and bottle up the hurt and shame inside.

What about the guy that tells you to just come into his house while he dresses up so you both can go out and then, under the guise of that excuse starts drawing close for a kiss?

So the “come to my house syndrome” is a serious one. Aside from the serious underlying issues of ladies who have had sad stories of sexual assault and rape to tell, it also begs for a total overhauling of the way some Nigerian men view wooing a lady – an overhauling of faulty dating mentalities.

If the woman was to be a street lady, we might pardon you, but no, you see a decent lady with her worth shining through and you just don’t want to put in an effort into treating her like the jewel that she is.

What would it take for you to take the natural order of the way things should be in cultivating a relationship with her?
Would a time out at a restaurant be too much to ask? It doesn’t even have to be a classy restaurant – just a neutral place where you both can talk that’s not your house.

So I plead again, don’t we have young mighty men of valor who can advise their fellow men on dating etiquettes? Men who can organize classes and teach their fellow men these things – if it comes to that.

Or maybe I should be pleading with our churches too. Almost every church organizes programmes for ladies on how to be virtuous women, how to behave themselves while on a date, etc. Can’t such programmes be held for men too? Women aren’t the only ones who need to be groomed, men need to be groomed too.

So gentlemen, I sincerely still believe that there are a lot of you who are getting it right in the area of what I just talked about.
Please teach your fellow men about these things, we will be absolutely grateful to you all.

Signed,
The community of ladies who are tired of the “come to my house syndrome”

SOURCE

My dear forget all this long gist, does guys who take u to romantic places are Evn Mre dangerous Dan d Huz invites.

Also u Hv to knw Dat,Once a guy has made up his mind to slp wit u he will surely do.
U cn Neva tell Wat a guy has in mind.

Tking u to romantic places Dnt Mean he will Nt slp wit u n let u go,Jst as d same gel Dat went to his Huz.

Weda a guy rape u or slp wit u is sx.rape coms wen u as a gel has demanded too much,either tru phone or Wich Eva means,eventually u cum to his Huz n say no.y should u say no..

Y Nt say no wen he was giving u cards,money etc.u ask for to much n give Notin.

My dear I wnt to conclude by saying,pray for a Gud man.Weda romantic or Not.
If ur bf cnt Tke u to romantic places Wat hppn to ur money,use it n Tke him out.

(Sum of u maynt undastnd my post.sowi )

#We are Nt whites#

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by FROkoroMiss(f): 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2015
Thank you for finding this worthy enough to be shared, but I am simply wondering about why you would post someone's work without due credit or something?
I sent this article to Bella naija and it was published there, if you wanted to share, you could simply have given due credit to the writer, not taking someone else's intellectual property as yours.
Please rectify ASAP Nairaland.
This isn't right.

Signed,

Frances Okoro.
The writer of this article whose work should be duly credited.
www.imperfectlyperfectlives.com

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by pbs4real(m): 12:58pm On Jun 19, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Whats codes??
Actually nvm lol just remembered what he meant
tonguetonguetongue
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by FROkoroMiss(f): 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
But I must also say thank you for sharing this, even though I said so in my comment before.
If the due credit is rectified, fine - it should be duly credited (I hope admin is seeing this?)

Learning a lot from the comments and I hope a real man can change his ways from this article.
The ladies too can learn to place value on ourselves...we can act like the worthy vessels and prize that we are.
He says my house. You say no. End of matter.
Act like you want to be treated, we might have made mistakes in the past(myself inclusive) but we can correct them now.

Thank you again for sharing.
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by wordbank(m): 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2015
I stick to bad guyz affirmation
If u like bring ur sisters n friends
I go nyash u, nyash ur sis, nyash ur sis friend, nyash ur friend, nyash ur friend's friend.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by gamaliel121(m): 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
That is what bit-cheese want now!!!
Y won't we invite dem over..
It happens everywere
Y should we follow rules (etiquette) when ladies don't care about those rules,,

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nmeri17: 2:26pm On Jun 19, 2015
April07:

Men in the Nigerian society need serious orientation and sensitization.
'Come to my house' is not in the least bit romantic or endearing.
Its creepy and annoying
owky owky calm down smiley sooo what lines do you propose we use instead??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by coogar: 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2015
FROkoroMiss:
Thank you for finding this worthy enough to be shared, but I am simply wondering about why you would post someone's work without due credit or something?
I sent this article to Bella naija and it was published there, if you wanted to share, you could simply have given due credit to the writer, not taking someone else's intellectual property as yours.
Please rectify ASAP Nairaland.
This isn't right.

Signed,

Frances Okoro.
The writer of this article whose work should be duly credited.
www.imperfectlyperfectlives.com

the OP added the "source" at the bottom of the page. you might have missed it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by omocheche(f): 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2015
They invite to come you re complaining my problem with them is that once they get to know that you leave alone the next thing is they want to come to your house, after then they wont even wait for you to invite them to come again, they will turn your house to a resting place. it is very annoying men should stop this thing joor

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by SilvanusII(m): 2:52pm On Jun 19, 2015
I thot I was the only person that shii sickens. I roll my eyes every fucking time I hear it. Its worse when they even say it in Yoruba-"Igbawo lo ma wa ki mi?" like ur house is a fucking tourist attraction and u d main view. I always tell my gfs, if a guy cannot talk about certain things like sex among ur friends, likely chance if he asks u to his house, he wants sex.
But girls, una own too much. A guy wants to see u alone in a fastfood outlet, u wee now pack all the girls in ur hostel along

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by domopps(m): 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
BornnAgainChild:

Read,Read and Read again to get the OP point

Oyo ! but av done that stil don't get Op's point!

Cheeeers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by queensmith: 3:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
soo tru

i dont actually mind going to his house - but if you're inviting me there better be amazing food, candles, movies or video games.

if you invite me to your house to come and listen to your love making playlist you will never see me again . . . . unless its an awesome house (seriously where they at?)

I'd also agree - men that invite you to theirs on the first date are usually only looking for one thing. But in this world of dating, going out may be too tiring, you have to make efforts at restaurants, can't talk at the movies, i don't like playing pool or mini golf. Bars and clubs for first dates I feel slightly inappropriate environments. It gets a bit difficult, sometimes you wouldn't mind unwinding. . . . so long as it's not on his bed and he keeps his hands to himself . . . . .why not?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by gamaliel121(m): 3:16pm On Jun 19, 2015
Nawadays, its the girls that want to visit we guys....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2015
Ok if you don't want to come to my room, would you prefer to come to my hotel room or we could just use standing method, the choice is yours...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by decode55(m): 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
Nmeri17:
owky owky calm down smiley sooo what lines do you propose we use instead??

You undecided
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by pweetyface(f): 3:48pm On Jun 19, 2015
KyleBerry:
I admire the "Berry", incorporated with your moniker. Howdy Pweetyface?
Am gud
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Curvinus(m): 4:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
Hundreds of thoussands of girls are turning 18 every year, ready to strut their shi* and have their throat banged from inside out, yet some hags apparently living in denial still want to be chased, wooed and cajoled nonstop like they are some kind of secret to immortality. Hmmm Formality indeed. Abeg we no dey for games anymore o..... If you want to play, just lay down on the floor.......

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by KyleBerry: 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
pweetyface:

Am gud
I'm veritably sorry "Pweetyface", the mention wasn't really 'bout you. This was to serve as a compliment to a lady labeled Angieberry... Danke shion!
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by hedonistic: 4:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
kedukc:

Naija ladies sabi talk about romance but what stops them from carrying "love money" to help foot the bills...Why call it "vex money" if not for evil intentions...

Hohohohoho. Help me ask them oh. Very pathetic bunch. Vex money my ass.

BTW, where dem dey keep the so-called vex money, since according to bros Cooger, they don't carry their purse with them when going on dates? Abi dem dey chook the "vex money" inside bra like market women?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How I Set A Trap For My Wife, Caught Her Cheating With Secret Lover - Policeman / Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. / My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.