Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome (62420 Views)

"I Caught My Wife & Driver Making Love In My House" - Lagos Businessman / Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / This Is What My House Help Did To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Stillfire: 8:43pm On Jun 18, 2015
coogar:

no vex......
they just want to eat their cake & have it. freeloading on another man is what they consider romantic. how many nigerian women would agree to split the bill on the first date? even if they manage to go dutch, the guy would not get a second date from them - the average nigerian would rather spend her money on brazilian hair than waste it in a classy restaurant in the name of romance....

Haa Coogar. It's the economy that caused it. cry grin grin
When a Naija woman says a man is caring, it's all about money o. cheesy cheesy cheesy

20 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Young03(m): 8:44pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ds is wat i call ignoramus
ok ur xpecting him to take u to mr biggs, chitis and after u clean mouth and go

shame, huz ist den mr biggs to digest d love at home

gold diggers

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by coogar: 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2015
Timbuktou:

Go dutch? In Nigeria? Only a measly 0.06% would ever consider this, and an even smaller percentage would carry through. grin

nigerian women don't carry their purse with them on a dinner date. their mentality is that - if you are suggesting the date, you must foot the bill.

what about the guys who cannot afford to take their chics to a posh restaurant? should they go & steal? naija men cannot win. damned if he suggests the girl should come to his house. damned if he cannot afford to foot the bill.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2015
Stillfire:

Thank God you noted the difference. The aggression can cause a 2000 pound ship to capsize. grin grin grin

Hehehehe. We like am like dat.
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by coogar: 8:48pm On Jun 18, 2015
Stillfire:

Haa Coogar. It's the economy that caused it. cry grin grin
When a Naija woman says a man is caring, it's all about money o. cheesy cheesy cheesy

it's that same economy that is forcing the men to change the venue of the romantic dinner from oceanview restaurant to their living room. grin

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by April07: 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2015
coogar:

this was why i said different strokes for different folks in my first comment - from my own experience, the ladies would rather couch up with me at home - watch movies, watch football or play video games. they actually suggest coming to my place than taking them out on a date.........i guess some of them are trying to portray the good girl rather than the gold digging heifer.

You didn't just meet them and they 'started wanting' to come over and 'chill'
You guys had some kind of relationship.. Except....

i mean the only reason a man would be adamant to collect a girl's number is to take her to bed. sexual attraction comes first before he even summoned up the courage to say hi. any man who tells you differently is a bloody liar. grin

This we know grin grin grin
But then... They gats to be some kinda wooing.. embarassed
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Stillfire: 8:51pm On Jun 18, 2015
coogar:

nigerian women don't carry their purse with them on a dinner date. their mentality is that - if you are suggesting the date, you must foot the bill.

what about the guys who cannot afford to take their chics to a posh restaurant? should they go & steal? naija men cannot win. damned if he suggests the girl should come to his house. damned if he cannot afford to foot the bill.

Any girl that goes to a naija man's house is just playing with fire.
If you don't have money go to the buka, abeg and buy amala and coke. grin grin
She should go to hell if she doesn't like it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by April07: 8:51pm On Jun 18, 2015
Timbuktou:

1. Erm, sorry, but we'll take our chances. Why spend money to build this chemistry when we can take a more economically sound route of inviting the interest to the house?

2. What happened to coming to our house and talking?

3. Oh, please, what do you mean by the terms 'street girl', 'worth', etc? If 'street girl' doesn't mean prostitute, then I have say you have grossly overrated yourself.

Who said you had to spend money to build chemistry?

What's to say I'd be comfortable 'coming to your house' to talk?

Overrated myself! Yes sir!
Becos it is what it is.
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Stillfire: 8:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
coogar:

it's that same economy that is forcing the men to change the venue of the romantic dinner from oceanview restaurant to their living room. grin

Lol, so what should we do now? grin Going to a man's house is just asking for trouble. And you yourself know it.
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by coogar: 8:55pm On Jun 18, 2015
April07:

You didn't just meet them and they 'started wanting' to come over and 'chill'
You guys had some kind of relationship.. Except....

you cannot blame them - i have that effect with naija ladies. grin

This we know grin grin grin
But then... They gats to be some kinda wooing.. embarassed

thank you!
i like your brutal honesty.....now that we have gotten that point out of the way, we can talk about how soon is too soon...

some ladies would wait 3-6 months, some like to wait till the wedding night & some want it instantly. grin wooing can be tiresome. wooing can be damned too expensive. grin

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
coogar:

I dare any nairaland babe to go on a corn-and-ube date followed by a stroll. For where? If it's not grilled fish, catfish peppersoup, shawarma and tins, you can just not bother to holler at her. First date o, not when you know he has three houses and can buy a live cow every day of the week. grin.

Nigerian men dey light steady, dis one wey come dey yarn okpata for here no sabi wetin dey do am. E be like white mosquito done bite am. grin

21 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by coogar: 8:58pm On Jun 18, 2015
Stillfire:

Lol, so what should we do now? grin Going to a man's house is just asking for trouble. And you yourself know it.

how about being tactical & calculating? you can take a friend along. if he stays with other boys, you can take a brother or a male friend with you. grin

Stillfire:

Any girl that goes to a naija man's house is just playing with fire.
If you don't have money go to the buka, abeg and buy amala and coke. grin grin
She should go to hell if she doesn't like it.

cheiiiiii!
80% of nigerian men are decent. if the girl insists she's not having sex, they would leave her alone. why are you making it sound like every nigerian guy is a horn dog? grin

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by April07: 8:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
coogar:

you cannot blame them - i have that effect with naija ladies. grin

Yeah right grin grin

thank you!
i like your brutal honesty.....now that we have gotten that point out of the way, we can talk about how soon is too soon...

some ladies would wait 3-6 months, some like to wait till the wedding night & some want it instantly. grin wooing can be tiresome. wooing can be damned too expensive. grin

Loooool... Ofcos. Of you're moving at snail's pace with your wooing and you just don't have sweet mouth, you won't last the first 3 phone calls with yours truly grin
Depends on the people involved o..
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 18, 2015
Stillfire:

That's the point na. That's how we separate the chaff from the wheat without wasting too much time. wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by damiso(f): 9:01pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ok I won't lie sha I never had to go Dutch (BUT I also never used to buy boxers and socks as gifts wink) but I always always carried what i called 'vex money' with me on a date.

And my vex money was always enough to pay for my meal plus my cab back to my fathers house grin and yes coogar even if the meal was at Ocean view tongue

Coogar and Timbuktuo girls tended to go on 'mass dates' with guys they considered magas grin and did not like. I always hated the idea sha. I remember one of my bros liked one girl who moved in a 6 girl clique grin you invite one out better go and look for money for 5 more people. grin grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by coogar: 9:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
April07:

Yeah right grin grin

doubt me at your own risk! grin

Loooool... Ofcos. Of you're moving at snail's pace with your wooing and you just don't have sweet mouth, you won't last the first 3 phone calls with yours truly grin
Depends on the people involved o..

snail's pace?
there's nothing snaily about the pace. naija women just love drama & they revel in the chase.

sweet mouth? i was born with a sweet mouth. the ladies i have kissed ended up having diabetes. 1 phone call would make you dump your boyfriend for me. grin

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
April07:

Who said you had to spend money to build chemistry?
What's to say I'd be comfortable 'coming to your house' to talk?
Overrated myself! Yes sir! Becos it is what it is.
Would a date not typically involve the expenditure of money?
Who's to say I'd be comfortable sitting under a tree and talking?
Stop jumping the gun, that's a conditional statement.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by coogar: 9:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
damiso:
Ok I won't lie sha I never had to go Dutch (BUT I also never used to buy boxers and socks as gifts wink) but I always always carried what i called 'vex money' with me on a date.

so the vex money has never been used to bail you out & yet you have consumed more than 30 plates of fried rice & chicken? damiso, diarisgod o. grin

And my vex money was always enough to pay for my meal plus my cab back to my fathers house grin and yes coogar even if the meal was at Ocean view tongue

i believe you.... grin
so let's assume you went on one of those dates and the guy insists you go dutch....and you did......if he asks you for another date, would you go? grin

Coogar and Timbuktuo girls tended to go on 'mass dates' with guys they considered magas grin and did not like. I always hated the idea sha. I remember one of my bros liked one girl who moved in a 6 girl clique grin you invite one out better go and look for money for 5 more people. grin grin grin

i never liked girls who move in gangs. it's a turn-off! take a 6-girl clique to a restaurant? i be santa claus? cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by April07: 9:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
Timbuktou:

Would a date not typically involve the expenditure of money?

Who's to say I'd be comfortable sitting under a tree and talking?

Stop jumping the gun, that's a conditional statement.

Can you not be creative enough to come up with something that is fun and not expensive?

Is it about your comfort or the girl's?
If you're so determined to get her laid then you'll put up with her 'talking under tree' method tongue tongue

I'm responsible for what I say..what you understand on the other hand is totally your business smiley
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by coogar: 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2015
April07:

Can you not be creative enough to come up with something that is fun and not expensive?

If you're so determined to get her laid then you'll put up with her 'talking under tree' method tongue tongue

I'm responsible for what I say..what you understand on the other hand is totally your business smiley

what is fun & not expensive in nigeria? grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by jnrbayano(m): 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2015
Timbuktou:

I dare any nairaland babe to go on a corn-and-ube date followed by a stroll. For where? If it's not grilled fish, catfish peppersoup, shawarma and tins, you can just not bother to holler at her. First date o, not when you know he has three houses and can buy a live cow every day of the week. grin.

Nigerian men dey light steady, dis one wey come dey yarn okpata for here no sabi wetin dey do am. E be like white mosquito done bite am. grin

cheesy

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
TooNoisy:
If guys generally invite you to come to their house after just meeting you for the first time, then you must look like a runs girls.

If it just happened once or twice, then I can blame the guys but it happens very often, then you must appear cheap or an easy lay.

OP, change how you dressing, how you talk and get some class, seems you and your friends have no class.

Look at u..runs girl my foot

What about if he invite to a eatery,why don't you also decline since you are not cheap,after all you can not be bought over with food...

I just dey look you dey vex....

Even if my country nigeria should be better that usa in terms of security,naija girls will still insist on meeting you@a eatery.... Free food

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by damiso(f): 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2015
coogar:

so the vex money has never been used to bail you out & yet you have consumed more than 30 plates of fried rice & chicken? damiso, diarisgod o. grin

i believe you.... grin
so let's assume you went on one of those dates and the guy insists you go dutch....and you did......if he asks you for another date, would you go? grin

i never liked girls who move in gangs. it's a turn-off! take a 6-girl clique to a restaurant? i be santa claus? cheesy

Coogar make I no lie I don't know o grin :Dyou sef know naija guys don't ' insist' on going Dutch. I have volunteered to pay for the popcorn at a movie and the guy was very offended (like his manhood was dependent on his ability to pay for popcorn undecided).

And who told you I consumed fried rice and chicken? cheesy I hated that 'hungry girl' generalisation so I almost always had only a drink esp on a first date. I know some guys who said I was 'forming ' na them know . the ability to buy me food was not a dating criteria.

I was the 'suffering One' back then o.God did not just give me the head of 'spending' boyfriends and toasters(or maybe I was always just too proud to ask).

Make I no lie my shakara was a lot.My dad used to take me and my sister Out to eat (name it from shitta amala to Terris burger to Eko Le meridien cheesy) and so taking me to eat 'fried rice and chicken ' was not something that used to trip me.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by April07: 9:45pm On Jun 18, 2015
coogar:

what is fun & not expensive in nigeria? grin

Strolling and gisting and chewing roated corn and 'sitting under trees' cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by angieberry(f): 9:48pm On Jun 18, 2015
Just look at them undecided
Smh
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 18, 2015
April07:

You should realise that our creativity isn't appreciated if it doesn't involve spending money. I'm sure I speak for millions of Nigerian men when I say majority of the women around aren't going to give a hoot if you aren't splashing the cash.

It's about what gets me what I want. If she wants a date, she would have to be creative enough to get me to do it. Plus, getting laid is a mutually pleasurable activity. She loses nothing.

Back at you, sweety. wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by jrerico1(m): 9:54pm On Jun 18, 2015
You think every guy is happy to go on a date, were she'll still decide to bring her friends alone??

Most Nigerian men have intentions in mind if a lady comes to his house on first date, but the lady was not forced

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by coogar: 9:54pm On Jun 18, 2015
damiso:

Coogar make I no lie I don't know o grin :Dyou sef know naija guys don't ' insist' on going Dutch. I have volunteered to pay for the popcorn at a movie and the guy was very offended (like his manhood was dependent on his ability to pay for popcorn undecided).

true that!
naija guys feel offended when a chic offers to pay. the society makes it his responsibility to provide. cheesy

And who told you I consumed fried rice and chicken? cheesy I hated that 'hungry girl' generalisation so I almost always had only a drink esp on a first date. I know some guys who said I was 'forming ' na them know. the ability to buy me food was not a dating criteria.

what was the criteria? grin

I was the 'suffering One' back then I.God did not just give me the head of 'spending' boyfriends and toasters(or maybe I was always just too proud to ask).

so if you could turn back the hands of time, you would have taxed your toasters?

Make I no lie my shakara was a lot.My dad used to take me and my sister Out to eat (name it from shitta amala to Terris burger to Eko Le meridien cheesy) and so taking me to eat 'fried rice and chicken ' was not something that used to trip me.

ahaaaaa!
daddy's pet. grin
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
damiso:

Hehehe. You see yasef?

We like the pack girls too, we still invite those ones. If you bring five friends, we call five sex-starved friends in the hood to balance the equation before we even offer you water to drink. That way you know we mean business. grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Ewuro4: 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
Coz of yall long throat display when treated like a lady. So himma kuku take you home and serve you fried meat and a glass of tropicana on ice.

I heard some of them invite their friends along to a supposed one on one dinner.

People will treat you how you wanna be treated.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by lexy2014: 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
angieberry:
"They weren’t raised with the mentality that the home is a private place. So even if they just met a lady they are interested in, they can hang out at their house as a first date – with no ulterior motive involved on their part."
Ebelebe! These men know what they are looking for! Any man that tells you to come to his house, especially if he is not a close relative, is simply suggesting activities that goes beyond eating , talking and watching movies and hanging out. And if the girl agrees, in the man's mind, she has agreed to take part in those activities.
How many men will not try to get fresh with a lady when they are alone in his house? Biko, let me hear word. They should just accept the fact, and no decent or sensible young lady will want to visit a man alone. Too risky!
"How many men will not try to get fresh with a lady when they are alone in his house?"

A good no of men will. Just d way u feel there are "decent and sensible" ladies, there are also guys who know what it is 2b gentlemen. On both sides, u will always find people who will do crazy and selfish things but that's not enough reason 2 generalize

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Before & After Photos Of Habeeb Babatunde, Now Noni Salma A Transgendered. / His Wife Caught Him Red-handed . You Just Can't Believe What Happened. / Well, She Called Off Our Wedding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.