Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,709 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

NFF Goes For Foreign Coaches - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Goes For Foreign Coaches (17743 Views)

List Of Foreign Coaches Interested In Super Eagles Job / Nigerian Premier League Clubs And Their Coaches For The New Season / A List Of Great Players Who Failed As Coaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Goes For Foreign Coaches by vokalguy(m): 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2015
priiince:
shame!

Not really... have you been following Nigerian football in the past few weeks?

Falcons: You have a coach who clearly has no idea what he is doing. he let those girls play 90 minutes without a substitution, You do not need a UEFA license to know that substitutions are made to freshen up the team. He did not scout his opponents, how do you know their weakness? He did not address OUR own weakness, we were pathetic at defending set pieces.... Every cross into our box was a concern because our GK Dede was too get so excited to get the ball that she totally fluffed her lines. We lost to the Americans, and our mighty coach decided not to shake hands with their own coach... pathetic.

U20: We were fairly OK in the group stages but after that... we were pathetic to be honest. Stats do not lie...

Super Eagles: What else is new? Keshi is still in charge, so yea I doubt we will ever be a force to be reckoned with as long as 'big boss' is still in charge..

1 Like

Re: NFF Goes For Foreign Coaches by mmsen: 4:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
iPopAlomo:

What are you saying nah... I asked you a simple question... whats the point in camping if it's not too fish out the weed... four good players in the bench and your taking about Berti and Lars... that's one lack of technical competence...

Managers often do that when there is a lack of focus from players in training - that is apparent to anyone who has been following football for more than 4 weeks. It has nothing to do with 'technical competence'. Had you read my initial response properly you would have seen what I had to say about this comment.
Re: NFF Goes For Foreign Coaches by iPopAlomo(m): 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2015
mmsen:

Managers often do that when there is a lack of focus from players in training - that is apparent to anyone who has been following football for more than 4 weeks. It has nothing to do with 'technical competence'. Had you read my initial response properly you would have seen what I had to say about this comment.

What are you saying... a coach invites 30 players to camp... and he couldn't drop them...?!!! haba... I know your being patriotic... four international professionals are lacking focus... even simon that brought Genk or Gent to the champions league is not focused and the coach couldn't drop him... egbon... I'm too tired... but you'll see that the coach is incompetent in your defence...
did you watch our first match... Yahaya was the best player by a mile... and what did the coach do...?! drop him...
last match we needed a goal... what did he do... take off a striker and bring on a defensive midfielder... when simon is on the bench...
your argument is weak... a competent tactical coach would never commit that error... a PES player or a FIFA player would never do that...

1 Like

Re: NFF Goes For Foreign Coaches by UpLoyo: 5:45pm On Jun 20, 2015
Incompetence at every level, so what happens to the super eagles? I'm guessing they are so good they don't require a foreign help. What a country.
Re: NFF Goes For Foreign Coaches by PastorOla1: 6:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
Keshi is no longer a coach. If we continue with him I bet we will not qualify 4 AFCON 2017, mark my word.
Re: NFF Goes For Foreign Coaches by jidebaba69(m): 6:57pm On Jun 20, 2015
Chinum:
In the wake of the Flying Eagles and the Super Falcons’ unimpressive outings on the international scene, the Nigeria Football Federation seems to be looking towards the direction of expatriate coaches to handle the national teams. While the football house would insist on having expatriates head the technical crews of the various national teams, the back-room staff would still be headed by the indigenous coaches.PINNICK-NFF

“The foreign coaches will be given convenient nomenclatures like ‘technical advisers or technical directors with the indigenous coaches working under them,”our source said. The Flying Eagles crashed out in the second round of the 2015 Fifa U20 World Cup in New Zealand while the Super Falcons were shown the exit door in the group stage of the 2015 Fifa Women’s World Cup in Canada.

According to a top NFF source, the Glass House has instructed top level football technocrats to shop for three technically competent coaches who would train the Flying Eagles, Super Falcons and the Golden Eaglets. The three tacticians are expected to come with their backroom staff but they would work with those Nigerians sent to England for courses in the technical study. The coaches who are expected to commence work in July would be expected to develop templates for the three teams as well as train potential coaches that would handle the teams in future.

It was also reported that the NFF will outsource the payment of the three foreign coaches through Public Private Partnership (PPP) with words rife that the federation chiefs are keeping the names of their partners under wraps until the details are sealed with all those involved.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/nff-goes-for-foreign-coaches/#sthash.yrsHEYVS.dpuf

I think that if we have to get a foreign coach, the he needs to be a top coach not just any trainer that has no job. We need to go for quality.
Re: NFF Goes For Foreign Coaches by PastorOla1: 7:20pm On Jun 20, 2015
Keshi is no longer a coach. If we continue with him I bet we will not qualify 4 AFCON 2017, mark my word.
Re: NFF Goes For Foreign Coaches by Jamesking08: 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2015
Well to me it's a welcome development buh it's rather coming too late and I wonder how keshi was reappointed as the super Eagles headcoach again when he couldn't even qualify for nation cup to defend it's title.
Re: NFF Goes For Foreign Coaches by JUBILEE2000: 7:40pm On Jun 20, 2015
klax:
The best news this year so far from NFF. Our coaches are bunch of clueless craps who can not make right decision at the right time in a game no technical know how and if you try to correct them they will feel too big to reason with you.

Pls Mr picknick or Pinnick or toothpick pls go and get better technical adviser all these ones called coaches here are dead in idea.

Keshi is the worst he is one of Nigeria coach that always rely on other nation national team ill luck for eagle to qualify for any tournament so clueless indeed and the most painful thing is in face of eagle loosing Keshi will sit like handicap in the bench having nice football time as if he is a spectator, no charisma, no swagger, no seriousness, no business like mood just dull.

Kai!! U funnyooo...no be only toothpick
Re: NFF Goes For Foreign Coaches by jaey(m): 7:54pm On Jun 20, 2015
Aystarz:

A girl does not know that the glorified PHE school masters we call coaches are no where near their foreign counterparts as regards the technicality of the modern game.
Do you need the many-faced-god to explain that

Please let her know this it the Game of Football [color=#770077][/color] cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: NFF Goes For Foreign Coaches by mechanics(m): 9:15pm On Jun 20, 2015
Dat wil be better.
Re: NFF Goes For Foreign Coaches by tck2000(m): 2:02pm On Jun 08, 2019
Football
Re: NFF Goes For Foreign Coaches by Fmn5555: 2:37pm On Jun 08, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rohr: Egypt, Others Must Be Wary Of My "Young Team" / Why Do Goalkeepers Spit Into Gloves? / English Fixed Draws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.