Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite - Culture (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite (47660 Views)

Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) / Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. / An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by naijaking1: 1:22am On Jun 30, 2009
@fayahsoul
I almost agreed with you, until this question popped up: Internal intability and external instability which is worse?
Like most people, I tend to agree that internal instability is much worse than external instability.

Until every eastern Nigerian agree that this unique part of the planet is God given, they will not understand the need to collectively, I mean collectively defend it against outsiders with every drop of their blood.

What use is it to go to war with an outsider first when your own brother is at home waiting to stab you on the back
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by fayahsoul: 2:09am On Jun 30, 2009
naijaking1:

@fayahsoul
I almost agreed with you, until this question popped up: Internal intability and external instability which is worse?
Like most people, I tend to agree that internal instability is much worse than external instability.

Until every eastern Nigerian agree that this unique part of the planet is God given, they will not understand the need to collectively, I mean collectively defend it against outsiders with every drop of their blood.

What use is it to go to war with an outsider first when your own brother is at home waiting to stab you on the back

Good response. However, at this stage of the movement for emancipation, it is inappropriate to use classifications such as external and internal instabilities because both the ijaw and ndiigbo are still trapped in the political contraption of "one nigeria."
There are no externalities. . .all instability is internal.

History should serve as a teacher and it's to be used as a guiding tool to avoid a repeat of past mistakes. Ojukwu was a terrible commander because he downplayed the relevance of a weak link in a chain. For the next movement to be successfull, the internal social dynamics of all ethnities within the s/s and s/e have to be well developed. The governing structure of the emerging confederacy and all its ramifications  has to be distinct and clear and also agreed upon unanimously by all groups invovled in order to reduce suspicions of an igbo domination to the barest minimum. Allowing other groups other than ijaw and igbo(who are the largest demographically) to play a leading role in the early stages of the confederacy will further reassure all parties involved that this is a true parthnership where every one shares a sense of belonging and a common destiny.

In fact, building a strong and reliable social network between all ethnicities in the s/s and s/e is indeed the most difficult, yet most important, aspect of the movement and it will require a lot of patience and communication. If ndiigbo come correctly they won't have to worry about backstabbers and for this to happen ndiigbo must learn to be humble and considerate
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by naijaking1: 2:33am On Jun 30, 2009
fayahsoul:

If ndiigbo come correctly they won't have to worry about backstabbers and for this to happen ndiigbo must learn to be humble and considerate.

You still don't get it lipsrsealed
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by ow11(m): 8:00am On Jun 30, 2009
naijaking1:

I get his point that in event of a secession, all the tribal groups should have an equal say and there would be nothing like majority and minority. But you seem to think that stance would not work as the Ijaw people hate Igbos and would always try to kill them or ruin their lives. If a polity is working, I do not think there would be any need for dissent.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by fayahsoul: 3:23pm On Jun 30, 2009
naijaking1:

The thing that amazes me about people of afurakan descent is that they are quick to forgive the unimaginable atrocities the europeans have afflicted on them consistently and irredeemably but they are ready to rain hell on a brethen that steps on their shoe.

U are talking about what the ijaw did to ndiigbo during the war as if it's worse than what the european and hausa/fulani has done. Ijaw forcefully occupied some igbo property and 'some' sided with the Fg during the war but igbos own majority of estate in ijaw land, igbos selfishly and shamelessly buy up all the position in these oil companies in ijawland and the entire igbo land is occupied forcefully by a european corporation(nigeria) that's manned by a wazobia cabal. U need to get your priorities right.

What about the numerous igbo artifacts and sacred objects that were stolen by europeans and housed in their musuems? What about our oil and natural resources that have been stripped from our lands and expropriated to europe? what about the billions of dollars stolen by our public official and hoarded in european banks? what about the scientific degradation of our peoples humanity by europeans? What about the destruction of our traditional ways and heritage through slavery and colonization? who armed the nigerian government during the war? Yet we run to the west and hold hands with these devils and smile with them while we are relegated to the bottom of their society. Some of us even bear european names and aspire to be europeans our worst enemies in existence.

My people wake up. .
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by asha3: 3:47pm On Jun 30, 2009
fayahsoul:

The thing that amazes me about people of afurakan descent is that they are quick to forgive the unimaginable atrocities the europeans have afflicted on them consistently and irredeemably but they are ready to rain hell on a brethen that steps on their shoe.

U are talking about what the ijaw did to ndiigbo during the war as if it's worse than what the european and hausa/fulani has done. Ijaw forcefully occupied some igbo property and [b]'some' sided with the Fg during the war but igbos own majority of estate in ijaw land, igbos selfishly and shamelessly buy up all the position in these oil companies in ijawland and the entire igbo land is occupied forcefully by a european corporation(nigeria) that's manned by a wazobia cabal. U need to get your priorities right.[/b]

What about the numerous igbo artifacts and sacred objects that were stolen by europeans and housed in their musuems? What about our oil and natural resources that have been stripped from our lands and expropriated to europe? what about the billions of dollars stolen by our public official and hoarded in european banks? what about the scientific degradation of our peoples humanity by europeans? What about the destruction of our traditional ways and heritage through slavery and colonization? who armed the nigerian government during the war? Yet we run to the west and hold hands with these devils and smile with them while we are relegated to the bottom of their society. Some of us even bear european names and aspire to be europeans our worst enemies in existence.

My people wake up. .

You said igbos shamefully bought up all the positions in the oil and estate in ijawland.Was this before the war or after the war?There is no way the igbos and ijaws can move forward if the 'differences' between them is not resolved.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by naijaking1: 3:54pm On Jun 30, 2009
ow11:

I get his point that in event of a secession, all the tribal groups should have an equal say and there would be nothing like majority and minority. But you seem to think that stance would not work as the Ijaw people hate Igbos and would always try to kill them or ruin their lives. If a polity is working, I do not think there would be any need for dissent.

My brother, you see, you just don't get the point too angry
There is no society in this World without minority and majority populations. Being a minority or majority has its right and privilages. God made majority and minority populations, just like he made the fingers of your hand to be of different lenghts and shapes----- for a purpose!
A true democracy is where the majority opinion on any issue is carried out and the minority opinion is protected . If you're waiting for the time when there will no longer be a majority and minority you'll be waiting for ever. Impossible kiss
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by generalzango(m): 4:13pm On Jun 30, 2009
Wot a gud idea, but no wayo.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by naijaking1: 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2009
fayahsoul:

Ijaw forcefully occupied some igbo property and 'some' sided with the Fg during the war but igbos own majority of estate in ijaw land, igbos selfishly and shamelessly buy up all the position in these oil companies in ijawland and the entire igbo land is occupied forcefully by a european corporation(nigeria) that's manned by a wazobia cabal. U need to get your priorities right.

My people wake up. .

If you're not biased, retarded, or even uninformed, you would have tried to turn your own statement around thus:
"Ijaws selfishly and shamelessly sold out all the positions in these oil companies in Ijawland"
Now how does that sound for someone trying to reconcile igbos and Ijaws.
Don't forget that in mathematics and logic if a statement is true, the collorary is also true.

You see the problem of Nigeria is not Wazobia per se, it's ill-educated minority champions like you and Adaka Boro who find it easier to mislead your people than follow age-old and proven logic.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by fayahsoul: 8:01pm On Jun 30, 2009
naijaking1:

If you're not biased, retarded, or even uninformed, you would have tried to turn your own statement around thus:
"Ijaws selfishly and shamelessly sold out all the positions in these oil companies in Ijawland"
Now how does that sound for someone trying to reconcile igbos and Ijaws.
Don't forget that in mathematics and logic if a statement is true, the collorary is also true.

You see the problem of Nigeria is not Wazobia per se, it's ill-educated minority champions like you and Adaka Boro who find it easier to mislead your people than follow age-old and proven logic.

Buhahaha. . .niajaQUEEN. I am an igbo man with a large nut sac and i know how arrogant and selfish ndiigbo are. Nigeria are same too but ndiigbo own just too much.

Our neighbours despise us because of our overexaggerated sense of importance which has made us delusional. During the war, the riverine area turned on us as well as some relatives to the north of igbo land. Ikwere and some other igbo communities north and west of the niger are denying their igbo heritage and many Afurakans hate us because we invade their societies like vagabounds doing all sorts of vile activities.

So ijaw will sell positions in oil companies to igbos and they will buy it and directly participate in the degradation of our environs due to greed. I hope MEND turns their guns on those uncle tom igbos. Rubbish.

hahaha, your waiting for your neighbours to bow down and apologize and crown ndiigbo as the lords and masters of the s/s & s/e region whose word is law. Joseph the dreamer. Ndiigbo have not seen nothing yet. You all will learn the hard way. lol.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by fayahsoul: 8:59pm On Jun 30, 2009
To be crystal clear;

I am here to rebuke evil activities.

Disinterestingly i am here to curse the wicked

Till their destruction falls upon them and their generations unborn.

Within every vile action lies the seed of it's own destruction.

Now Ponder on that . . . ndi ofeke
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Bialegend(m): 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2009
fayahsoul:

Buhahaha. . .niajaQUEEN. I am an igbo man with a large nut sac and i know how arrogant and selfish ndiigbo are. Nigeria are same too but ndiigbo own just too much.

Our neighbours despise us because of our overexaggerated sense of importance which has made us delusional. During the war, the riverine area turned on us as well as some relatives to the north of igbo land. Ikwere and some other igbo communities north and west of the niger are denying their igbo heritage and many Afurakans hate us because we invade their societies like vagabounds doing all sorts of vile activities.

So ijaw will sell positions in oil companies to igbos and they will buy it and directly participate in the degradation of our environs due to greed. I hope MEND turns their guns on those uncle tom igbos. Rubbish.

hahaha, your waiting for your neighbours to bow down and apologize and crown ndiigbo as the lords and masters of the s/s & s/e region whose word is law. Joseph the dreamer. Ndiigbo have not seen nothing yet. You all will learn the hard way. lol.

See these Igbo wannabe. Everyone wants to become Igbo. Just read through the lines of the bolded above and see how ridiculous you are at your attempt to present yourself as Igbo. Ewu.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by naijaking1: 10:13pm On Jun 30, 2009
fayahsoul:

Being an Igboman or not is not even the issue. So Ndigbo selfishly bought up all the properties Who selfishly sold them all those pproperties
You blame Igbos for being enterprising? for obeying the law? for conducting business?
Come up with better reason, I beg angry
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by fayahsoul: 10:50pm On Jun 30, 2009
It makes a huge difference if i am igbo. . .which i am.

I come from within the group therefore my critiquing is objective and constructive.

And mr. Bialegend; I suppose u support a biafra that uses the british pound with the queens face on it. A biafra with a national anthem worded in english not Igbo. I also bet you support a biafra with an igbo president ruling s/s/ and s/e, a biafra that is part of the common wealth and english is the national language. lol.

A bum onye igbo. Oro ezi okwu ka a na m a ekwu. igbo si na ezi okwu bu ndu, ngwa ka anyi kwuba ezi okwu nweru ndu. hahaha. nne gi anwuna
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by fayahsoul: 11:13pm On Jun 30, 2009
I grew up in Enugu(translation: Top of a hill) but i am from anambra(ana-mba-Ra: A place for Ra(chukwu)  in a foreign land). Both my parents are from same Oraukwu(translation: The people) town, from a village called amaeze(translation: place of kings).

Last name Onuorah(translation: vioce of the people or in kemetic: Onu-ur-Ra; The abode of great Ra(chukwu)

Recognize a reincanated great ancestor when u hear or see one.

Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Dede1(m): 1:04am On Jul 01, 2009
This is vintage Ibime blowing unfounded falsehood as ever.  Ibi is an erstwhile piece of jackass whose penchant to fabricate falsehood against the Ndigbo is graded as world class. Admittedly that pint of Igbo blood runs through your almost clogged veins, one wonders what could have happened if such natural phenomenon did not exist. Believe me, you could have been organizing jihad against Ndigbo throughout your miserable life on earth.

I shall give you the opportunity to enmesh yourself with the history of Shell D’Arcy crude oil exploration in Nigeria in order to stop making fool out of your sorry self. Your posts suggested that you are ultra ignorance as do many punks of ethnic minority of former eastern region of Nigeria. When your foolishness spurred you to use the name of Dr M I Okpara , development of Igwe Ocha and Niger Dalta crude oil money in the same sentence that conveys debilitating  falsehood, I concluded that you are an irredeemable nincompoop.

The first ever Nigerian crude oil export came in 1961 and I might add that Igwe Ocha Mbara Ama has became a bustling city through revenue raised by exporting Coal, Palm Produce and Rubber before this date. Shell D’Arcy has full control of the resources coming from the crude oil for five years after crude oil was struck and Northern region of Nigeria had to be fully compensated for footing initial bill of oil exploration in the jungle. It is unfortunate that the most jackasses from the ethnic minorities who are beating on their chest based on the crude oil production in the jungle called Nigeria knew absolutely nothing about deals concerning operations.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by naijaking1: 1:21am On Jul 01, 2009
fayahsoul:

I grew up in Enugu(translation: Top of a hill) but i am from anambra(ana-mba-Ra: A place for Ra(chukwu) in a foreign land). Both my parents are from same Oraukwu(translation: The people) town, from a village called amaeze(translation: place of kings).

Last name Onuorah(translation: vioce of the people or in kemetic: Onu-ur-Ra; The abode of great Ra(chukwu)

Recognize a reincanated great ancestor when u hear or see one.

Being Igbo or not is not an excuse for bad reasoning. I'm happy you've claimed to be Igbo, I'm even happier if you had maintained your original and proud ID as an Ijaw, Ogoni, or Edo man. We have a culture of welcoming everybody, we don't fear fair competitions, and we have a culture of letting everyman honestly prove their mettle. So, my friend, what's your mettle.
An uneducated, uninformed, and myopic Igboman is no better than some Ijaw leaders like Adaka Boro, who not only failed to compete in Eastern Nigeria, but took their failure out on Igbos.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Dede1(m): 1:46am On Jul 01, 2009
Ndigbo do not owe and will not offer an apology to any dumb ass ethnic group in the jungle called Nigerian emanating from the Ndigbo penchant to succeed in life amidst all odds. It is on record that only in Eastern region of Nigeria that minority ethnic group extractions were allowed to hold executive and authoritative positions before and after Nigeria’s independence.

The seemly hatred toward Ndigbo did not exist when Coal, Palm Produce and Rubber were the resource gainers in eastern region of Nigeria. What appeared to be hatred toward Ndigbo by certain ethnic minorities in then Eastern region of Nigeria is planted by distracters outside the region. The moment the crude oil was struck in Eastern region of Nigeria and rightfully declared one of the most lucrative piece of real estate in the world, the detractors went to work looking for means to destabilize the region.

If arrogance has taken the places of hard working, penchant for struggle, the need for academic excellence, entrepreneurship, community efforts, ability to explore places of greener pastures and many other attributes associated with Ndigbo, I say, with measured degree of magnanimity, so be it.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by fayahsoul: 2:55am On Jul 01, 2009
See what i mean. There goes ndiigbo bragging about how they are the greatest of all times in their region. My point is being proven as truth. . .live.

Clap for yourselves. All bow to the masters.

And why una dey attack ibime? I don already state where my 100% igbo royal blood line comes from with english translations for names of places and my last name. i don even write igbo for u. Show and prove. So if una get okpata with fayahsoul then address fayahsoul. . .ina anu.

I say what  i mean and i mean what is say

Ndiigbo change your ways.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by ikeyman00(m): 6:35am On Jul 01, 2009
See what i mean. There goes ndiigbo bragging about how they are the greatest of all times in their region. My point is being proven as truth. . .live.

Clap for yourselves. All bow to the masters.

And why una dey attack ibime? I don already state where my 100% igbo royal blood line comes from with english translations for names of places and my last name. i don even write igbo for u. Show and prove. So if una get okpata with fayahsoul then address fayahsoul. . .ina anu.

I say what i mean and i mean what is say

Ndiigbo change your ways,

human beings could be funny;they need to adjust,accept and change the thinkin
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by asha3: 2:59pm On Jul 01, 2009
@fayahsoul

If you have nothing to say go and sit down.Igbos should be blamed for buying properties in ijawland.Look at your thinking.Did they buy the properties at gunpoint?
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Abagworo(m): 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2009
i wonder why this thread was moved.what we want is a strong alliance amongst all peoples of the southern tip of nigeria,mutual respect for one another,a man of igbo or ijaw origin as president,control of resources at state or lg level,end to all forms of rebellious or secessionist movements,end to our balkanization,love and respect from other nigerians.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Abagworo(m): 3:14pm On Jul 01, 2009
asha 3:

@fayahsoul

If you have nothing to say go and sit down.Igbos should be blamed for buying properties in ijawland.Look at your thinking.Did they buy the properties at gunpoint?
there always seem to be a feeling of being cheated in most urbanised places.especially if most properties are acquired by non-indigenes even when all are of same ethnic group.

port-harcourt-ikwerre vs isoma

aba-ngwa vs ohuhu

onitsha-onitsha vs nwonyigbo

it goes on and on.why were jews hated in europe?nigerians now hated in ghana?the truth is that in as much as you bought someones land,accord him the respect as your host.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by asha3: 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2009
Abagworo:

there always seem to be a feeling of being cheated in most urbanised places.especially if most properties are acquired by non-indigenes even when all are of same ethnic group.

port-harcourt-ikwerre vs isoma

aba-ngwa vs ohuhu

onitsha-onitsha vs nwonyigbo

it goes on and on.why were jews hated in europe?nigerians now hated in ghana?the truth is that in as much as you bought someones land,accord him the respect as your host.

Please define respect in this context?In birmingham uk asians own a substantial amount of properties there.How are they disrespecting the english?Is their any law in ijawland that igbos are defying?The hausaman that bought a property beside us in owerri how is he disrespecting the oweri people?

A lot of properties in owerri are not owned by owerri indegenes.Why is that i have not heard of owerri people shouting about that?
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by fayahsoul: 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2009
Abagworo:

i wonder why this thread was moved.what we want is a strong alliance amongst all peoples of the southern tip of nigeria,mutual respect for one another,a man of igbo or ijaw origin as president,control of resources at state or lg level,end to all forms of rebellious or secessionist movements,end to our balkanization,love and respect from other nigerians.

You are just spewing pipe dreams.

When the oil runs dry see how fast the north will secede.

S/S and S/e should form a confederation because responsible political entities are achieved in smaller hue-man population with a similar and common history/destiny.

A non indegene has no right to buy land in an indegenes land. Forget the white mans corrupt ways. They are devils. In the days of our ancestors someone cannot go to another mans land to buy land. Who the hell are you? This is not tribalism but righteousness. Not everything is for sale or  for business. People should go right back to their home lands and build.

The north hates the south(fact), particularly the S/s and S/e. Islam had quite an influence in yoruba land that's why the north and s/w mingle more closely. It's written in their quran that muslims must rule over "infidels" and according to them the quran is the law of allah. The hausa/fulani are not our brothers nor sisters, believe me. They are arabs. And the s/w, hahaha, those ones, hahaha, one word: tribalist. The wickedness shown to ndiigbo during the war speaks volumes as to the intensity of hate that our so-called 'one nigeria' brothers have for ndiigbo.

So if any one from s/s or s/e is dreaming of waking up to a truely one indivisible "nigeria," which of it self is a foreign contrivance, then dream on dreamer but u will face a rude awakening. Isaac boro, ken wiwa both supported nigeria during the war but were killed by nigerians. Nigerians have destroyed communities and environs in S/S and gullies are eating up some parts of alaigbo due to deforestation. Mankind cut down trees that were alive during the days of their ancestors to make toilet rolls to wipe ass with. lol.

Mend, massob, bakassi boys, s/s, s/e, come together, analyze your homes and communities, call the wicked amongst u to justice, oracles are there to help expose evil doers, call your conniving elites to order and fight for what is rightfully yours as a collective. let us live according to our ways
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Dede1(m): 1:32am On Jul 02, 2009
@Bros fayahsoul

You are very much entitled to your opinions regardless how outlandish they seemed to sound. Look pal, I would not delude myself about the outcome of the civil war. Ndigbo and its ally were defeated in the civil war, hence, the institutionalized and unrepentant marginalization of Ndigbo by the victorious Nigerian side.

The properties belonging to Ndigbo had to be declared abandoned, boundaries had be adjusted in order to cede crude oil producing areas to the minority ethnic groups, quota system had be introduced and no more than twenty naira were to be issued to Ndigbo.

Amidst all the odds, Ndigbo refused to be neglected and driven to panhandling status. To the chagrin of the misinformed detractors of Ndigbo, who would have wanted Ndigbo to clutch self-pity and pleaded condescendingly, Ndigbo matched from socio-politico-economic abyss to an admirable social stratum.

Those who chose to display and admit hatred for Ndigbo in a public domain are doing so within the weight of its peril. To the best of my knowledge, Ndigbo do not give a damnable rat-ass if a certain ethnic group in the jungle called Nigeria hates Ndigbo's traits. My people say that it is always good radiance for the wind to blow so that ass of a hen should be exposed.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by fayahsoul: 2:42am On Jul 02, 2009
Dede1:

@Bros fayahsoul

Amidst all the odds, Ndigbo refused to be neglected and driven to panhandling status. To the chagrin of the misinformed detractors of Ndigbo, who would have wanted Ndigbo to clutch self-pity and pleaded condescendingly, Ndigbo matched from socio-politico-economic abyss to an admirable social stratum.

Every body cannot be wrong and ndiigbo right. O dabaro ma ncha.

U say ndiigbo are at an admirable social stratum? this should be one of the funniest jokes i have heard in a while. mr. man don't give me all that fancy word play.

A lot of igbos are wallowing in poverty. . .jus like many nigerians are, even in the north. oh check out how ndiigbo abandoned their war veterans to a life of misery. In fact no ethnic group in nigeria has attained an "admirable social stratum." How can ndiigbo have an "admirable social stratum" when their land officially belongs to nigeria through the land decree. act. We don't own what belongs to us and there is poverty. duh! thats why our people are running away, slaving overseas and our women are hating themselves as they put a price on themselves. In alaigbo, you are either rich and connected  or poor and disconnected.

You are amongst the privileged class and your views come from the conceptual framework of the privileged class
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Dede1(m): 3:51am On Jul 02, 2009
fayahsoul:

Every body cannot be wrong and ndiigbo right. O dabaro ma ncha.

U say ndiigbo are at an admirable social stratum? this should be one of the funniest jokes i have heard in a while. mr. man don't give me all that fancy word play.

A lot of igbos are wallowing in poverty. . .jus like many nigerians are, even in the north. oh check out how ndiigbo abandoned their war veterans to a life of misery. In fact no ethnic group in nigeria has attained an "admirable social stratum." How can ndiigbo have an "admirable social stratum" when their land officially belongs to nigeria through the land decree. act. We don't own what belongs to us and there is poverty. duh! thats why our people are running away, slaving overseas and our women are hating themselves as they put a price on themselves. In alaigbo, you are either rich and connected  or poor and disconnected.

You are amongst the privileged class and your views come from the conceptual framework of the privileged class

Who is talking about being wrong or right in the jungle? Nigerians are born to survive. Again, you can not possibly eat your cake and have it. Are you not the person that have previously indicted Ndigbo on the trumped up charges of arrogance linked to certain attributes of the Ndigbo? Why do you not ask yourself the reasons behind the alleged hatred of Ndigbo by other ethnic groups in the jungle?   

Of course, there are poor folks among Ndigbo but we have refused to wear it on our sleeves. In most cases in Igbo land, the best students come amongst parents that had to crack palm kernels to make up for their ward’s school fees. Please tell me, do you want Ndigbo to roll over a cry uncle?
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 11, 2009
Why do Igbos  even want Ijaws  to unite with  them ? If Igbos really know any thing about the Rivers Ijaws. They should have known that more than half of the Rivers Ijaws of tODAY FROM KALABARI/OKRIKA/BONNY to OPOBO are Igbos by adoption. The Igbos wont understand why but the Kalabaris/Okrikas and BONNYS know why. This is not to say the KALABARIS/BONNYS AND OKRIKAS are Igbos.  They adopted a lot of Igbos and we refer to the Ikweres as Igbos too. Every Kalabari family has an Ikwere relative or lineage ( This is another thing many Igbos  do not  know  ).
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by ogbowu(m): 8:54pm On Aug 12, 2009
i dont think dere is disunity between the two ethnic groups but if dere is that should warrant unity pls kip me posted as far as the igbo's or ibo's are concerned in this pligth pls let the sleeping dog crash till when there is a mice sipping the dogs milk. nigeria is not divided. 4get unity discus every body mind ur business
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by udezue(m): 3:32am On Sep 17, 2009
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Abagworo(m): 12:11am On Jan 19, 2010
Abagworo:

just got touched by the vp's plight and had to make a dig into NL's archive.peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others / Oyinbo Man Dances For Ooni Ogunwusi & His Crew - See Photos / MGL Birthday Wishes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.