Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran (4553 Views)

"Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by plainbibletruth: 11:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
[size=5pt]
malvisguy212:
the Jews reject Jesus because they thought the messiah will fight war for them and win, All the kings in the bible fight war and they are expecting Jesus to carry on with this tradition of fighting battle and winning. But Jesus came to call his sheep. But here what the quran say:

Surah 4:157: And their saying:
Surely we have killed the Messiah,
Isa son of Marium, the messenger
of Allah; and they did not kill him
nor did they crucify him, but it
appeared to them so (like Isa) and
most surely those who differ therein
are only in a doubt about it; they
have no knowledge respecting it, but
only follow a conjecture, and they
killed him not for sure. (Shakir)

Does this make sense to you?If you read this account in its entirety from Surah 4:153 to Surah 4:162, you will understand who they are that are saying, “Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the messenger of Allah.” According to the
Qur’an, it is the Jews saying this. Think!
Would the hostile Jews call Jesus the
“Messiah” when they have rejected him
as the Messiah? It must be remembered
that the Jewish religious leaders even
objected when Pilate wrote a title saying, “King of the Jews.” (John 19:19-22). It is, therefore, illogical for the Jews to boastfully say that “we have killed the Messiah” when they did not accept Jesus as the Messiah in the first place. And if they did recognize him as the Messiah – as this verse implies – would they have killed him?
[/size]

You're spot-on Malvisguy!

1 Like

Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by plainbibletruth: 11:34pm On Jun 25, 2015
Confirmer:

You guys are simply pathetic. On whose tongue was the Quran revealed that Jesus was given the astonishing reference? It was this same Prophet Muhammed (Peace and Blessing of Allah be on him) that it was revealed to about the Status of Jesus and that Mary. Prophet Muhammed Mother was not even mentioned once in the Quran and Mary has a Chapter in the holy Quran. Is it too hard for you to reason?

If a prophet talks about ONE that is greater than himself should that prophet be held in higher esteem than the ONE to whom he points? 

Is the messenger greater than the one who sent him?

Mohammed revealed the status of Jesus. That status is clearly that of a person who is presented as UNEQUALED and EXTRAORDINARY. Not even Mohammed matched him as SINLESS, as THE MESSIAH, and as one that is still ALIVE today in royal magnificence, waiting for His second coming!

You don't deny any of these FACTS, do you?

1 Like

Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by malvisguy212: 7:38am On Jun 26, 2015
Confirmer:

The Isrealites were witnesses to the miracles that Jesus did (by the permission of Allah) so they knew for a fact that he was a true messenger. Its one thing to know the truth and its another thing to submit to it. Many were Prophets sent to the Isrealites that were killed Quran 2:87.
you know the messiah more than the isrealite, infacte you know there history more than them!!! The quranic verse I quote agreed, the Jews accept Jesus as there messiah and still went all the way to boast, "whe have killed the messiah" does this make sense to you? The Jews know the meaning of messiah "anointed one"( one who will save them) but they went on and kill the ONE. Keep on deceiving your self.
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Confirmer(m): 11:23am On Jun 26, 2015
plainbibletruth:
[size=6pt][/size]

If a prophet talks about ONE that is greater than himself should that prophet be held in higher esteem than the ONE to whom he points? 

Is the messenger greater than the one who sent him?

Mohammed revealed the status of Jesus. That status is clearly that of a person who is presented as UNEQUALED and EXTRAORDINARY. Not even Mohammed matched him as SINLESS, as THE MESSIAH, and as one that is still ALIVE today in royal magnificence, waiting for His second coming!
You don't deny any of these FACTS, do you?
Do you know believe the Quran is from God or you are only cherry picking on a few verses that suit you? We don't make distinction between the Prophets and we believe in all of them. Adam was Fashioned by God the Almighty Himself and that doesn't make the best. Noah preached for 950 years and that doesn't make him the best. Jonah survived the belly of the whale and that doesn't make him the best. Moses spoke with God directly and that doesn't make him the best. Jesus woke the dead (by God's permission) and that doesn't make him the best. Solomon controlled the whole species (human, jinn, birds etc) and doesn't make him the best. All the prophets of God are sinless. All the other prophets were sent to either their family, community, race, or country but only Muhammed was sent to not only humans but to the entire living and not living things.
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Confirmer(m): 11:27am On Jun 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
you know the messiah more than the isrealite, infacte you know there history more than them!!! The quranic verse I quote agreed, the Jews accept Jesus as there messiah and still went all the way to boast, "whe have killed the messiah" does this make sense to you? The Jews know the meaning of messiah "anointed one"( one who will save them) but they went on and kill the ONE. Keep on deceiving your self.
Did the Israelite not worship the Calf despite the fact that Moses was known to be a messenger? They were transgressors and many of the messengers sent to them, they killed.
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Scholar8200(m): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
@ Confirmer, do muslims see Jesus as the promised Messiah?
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Confirmer(m): 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
Scholar8200:
@ Confirmer, do muslims see Jesus as the promised Messiah?
Of course. You are not a Muslim if you are in doubt of Jesus the son of Mary (pbuh) being the promised Messiah of the children of Israel (Mathew 15:24)
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Scholar8200(m): 2:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
Confirmer:

Of course. You are not a Muslim if you are in doubt of Jesus the son of Mary (pbuh) being the promised Messiah of the children of Israel (Mathew 15:24)
Okay. Since you believe all the previous prophets, do you agree with this prophesied by Isaiah & Daniel:

Isaiah 53:12
Therefore will I divide Him a portion with the great [kings and rulers], and He shall divide the spoil with the mighty, because He poured out His life unto death, and [He let Himself] be regarded as a criminal and be numbered with the transgressors; yet He bore [and took away] the sin of many and made intercession for the transgressors (the rebellious).

Daniel 9:26
And after the sixty-two weeks the Anointed One[Messiah] shall be killed and shall have nothing
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by malvisguy212: 2:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
Confirmer:

Did the Israelite not worship the Calf despite the fact that Moses was known to be a messenger? They were transgressors and many of the messengers sent to them, they killed.
the isrealite are a very stubborn nation,and God know this. Even the land they are about to possessed, God say;
"It is not for your righteousness or for
the uprightness of your heart that
you are going to possess their land,
but it is because of the wickedness of
these nations that the LORD your God
is driving them out before you, in
order to confirm the oath which the
LORD swore to your fathers, to
Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
( Deuteronomy 9:5)

And in exedus, they are about to begin as a nation, everything was new to them so, at some point they even doubt Moses.but when they become fully aware of the promised, you can see in the gospel how Philip and Nathaniel reacts when they saw Jesus .
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Confirmer(m): 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
Scholar8200:
Okay. Since you believe all the previous prophets, do you agree with this prophesied by Isaiah & Daniel:

Isaiah 53:12
Therefore will I divide Him a portion with the great [kings and rulers], and He shall divide the spoil with the mighty, because He poured out His life unto death, and [He let Himself] be regarded as a criminal and be numbered with the transgressors; yet He bore [and took away] the sin of many and made intercession for the transgressors (the rebellious).

Daniel 9:26
And after the sixty-two weeks the Anointed One[Messiah] shall be killed and shall have nothing
The bible is never a good source for me because of so many contradictions. Jesus was aware of these prophesies and he went to the mount Gethsemnie and pleaded with God not to be killed and FORSAKEN undecided. Eli Eli Lama Sabathani. HOW WILL I AGREE WITH THE PROPHESIES OF ISIAH AND DANIEL IF JESUS DIDNT AGREE WITH THEM?
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Confirmer(m): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
the isrealite are a very stubborn nation,and God know this. Even the land they are about to possessed, God say;
"It is not for your righteousness or for
the uprightness of your heart that
you are going to possess their land,
but it is because of the wickedness of
these nations that the LORD your God
is driving them out before you, in
order to confirm the oath which the
LORD swore to your fathers, to
Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
( Deuteronomy 9:5)

And in exedus, they are about to begin as a nation, everything was new to them so, at some point they even doubt Moses.but when they become fully aware of the promised, you can see in the gospel how Philip and Nathaniel reacts when they saw Jesus .
Are we not saying the same thing? Despite the fact that Jesus was the messiah they still went ahead to kill him (even though they failed)
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Scholar8200(m): 4:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
Confirmer:

The bible is never a good source for me because of so many contradictions. Jesus was aware of these prophesies and he went to the mount Gethsemnie and pleaded with God not to be killed and FORSAKEN undecided. Eli Eli Lama Sabathani. HOW WILL I AGREE WITH THE PROPHESIES OF ISIAH AND DANIEL IF JESUS DIDNT AGREE WITH THEM?
The highlighted was said on the Cross, not in Gethsemane:

Meanwhile, Jesus statement in Gethsemane shows He was not praying against dying on the Cross:

Matthew 26:53-54
53 Do you suppose that I cannot appeal to My Father, and He will immediately provide Me with more than twelve legions [[q]more than 80,000] of angels?
54 But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must come about this way?

If He did not want to die on the Cross, why did He not call for the angels seeing He wont be denied?

Before now, Jesus had said:
Luke 18:31-33
31 Then taking the Twelve [apostles] aside, He said to them, Listen! We are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written about the Son of Man through and by the prophets will be fulfilled.
32 For He will be handed over to the Gentiles and will be made sport of and scoffed and jeered at and insulted and spit upon.
33 They will flog Him and kill Him; and on the third day He will rise again.

The answer to the prayer in Gethsemane is seen by the angel coming to strengthen.
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by plainbibletruth: 5:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
Confirmer:

Do you know believe the Quran is from God or you are only cherry picking on a few verses that suit you? We don't make distinction between the Prophets and we believe in all of them. Adam was Fashioned by God the Almighty Himself and that doesn't make the best. Noah preached for 950 years and that doesn't make him the best. Jonah survived the belly of the whale and that doesn't make him the best. Moses spoke with God directly and that doesn't make him the best. Jesus woke the dead (by God's permission) and that doesn't make him the best. Solomon controlled the whole species (human, jinn, birds etc) and doesn't make him the best. All the prophets of God are sinless. All the other prophets were sent to either their family, community, race, or country but only Muhammed was sent to not only humans but to the entire living and not living things.
1. At the first bolded; can you honestly claim that this is true or are you trying to deceive us? If it is true prove it.
2. At the second bolded; can you really show us this from your Quran so we can know who is stating the truth and who is presenting falsehood.

1 Like

Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Confirmer(m): 5:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
Scholar8200:

The highlighted was said on the Cross, not in Gethsemane:

Meanwhile, Jesus statement in Gethsemane shows He was not praying against dying on the Cross:

Matthew 26:53-54
53 Do you suppose that I cannot appeal to My Father, and He will immediately provide Me with more than twelve legions [[q]more than 80,000] of angels?
54 But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must come about this way?

If He did not want to die on the Cross, why did He not call for the angels seeing He wont be denied?

Before now, Jesus had said:
31 Then taking the Twelve [apostles] aside, He said to them, Listen! We are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written about the Son of Man through and by the prophets will be fulfilled.
32 For He will be handed over to the Gentiles and will be made sport of and scoffed and jeered at and insulted and spit upon.

The answer to the prayer in Gethsemane is seen by the angel coming to strengthen.
Mathew 26:39 And going a little further he fell on his face and prayed, saying, "my father, if it be possible,let this cup pass from me". That's the prayer of Gethsemane. Jesus was unwilling to be humiliated and he wasn't referring to any angel for strength.
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Scholar8200(m): 5:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
Confirmer:

Mathew 26:39 And going a little further he fell on his face and prayed, saying, "my father, if it be possible,let this cup pass from me". That's the prayer of Gethsemane. Jesus was unwilling to be humiliated and he wasn't referring to any angel for strength.
And each time, He qualified it by saying:

Matthew 26:39
...nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

This sure points to His humanity!

Luke records the following:
Luke 22:43
43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

After this prayer, He was able to say:

John 18:11
11 Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Confirmer(m): 5:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
plainbibletruth:

1. At the first bolded; can you honestly claim that this is true or are you trying to deceive us? If it is true prove it.
2. At the second bolded; can you really show us this from your Quran so we can know who is stating the truth and who is presenting falsehood.
1 Quran 2:285
Sahih International: The Messenger has believed in what was revealed to him from his Lord, and [so have] the believers. All of them have believed in Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers, [saying], "We make no distinction between any of His messengers." And they say, "We hear and we obey. [We seek] Your forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the [final] destination."
2. “The ummah (Muslim nation) is agreed that the Messengers are infallible in carrying out their mission – they do not forget anything that Allaah has revealed to them except with regard to matters that have been abrogated. They are also infallible in conveying the Message – they do not conceal anything that Allaah has revealed to them, for that would be a betrayal and it is impossible to imagine that they could do such a thing. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘O Messenger! Proclaim (the Message) which has been sent down to you from your Lord. And if you do not ,then you have not conveyed His Message…’ [al-Maa’idah 5:67]. If anything is concealed or changed, then the punishment of Allaah will befall the one who is guilty of doing these things, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘And if he [Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] had forged a false saying concerning Us [Allaah], We surely would have seized him by his right hand (or with power and might), and then certainly should have cut off his life artery (aorta).’ [al-Haqqah 69:44-46]. One aspect of infallibility is that they (the Prophets) do not forget anything of that which Allaah has revealed to them, and thus no part of the revelation is lost.”
“The Prophets and Messengers may also strive to find the right judgement in the situations with which they are faced, and they judge according to what they themselves see and hear – they do not have knowledge of the Unseen. They may make an incorrect judgement, as happened to the Prophet of Allaah Dawood (David), who failed to do so, and Allaah helped his son Sulaymaan (Solomon) to come up with the right answer in that particular case. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that he heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘There were two women, each of whom had a son. A wolf came and carried off the son of one of them, who said to the other, “The wolf has taken your son.” The other said, “No, he took your son.” They came to Dawood to ask him to judge between them, and he ruled in favour of the older woman. Then they went to Sulaymaan the son of Dawood and told him what had happened. He said, “Bring a knife and divide the child between them.” The younger woman said, “Do not do that, may Allaah have mercy on you! He is her son.” So Sulaymaan ruled in favour of the younger woman.’ (Reported by al-Bukhaari).
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Confirmer(m): 5:57pm On Jun 26, 2015
Scholar8200:
And each time, He qualified it by saying:

Matthew 26:39
...nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

This sure points to His humanity!

Luke records the following:
Luke 22:43
43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

After this prayer, He was able to say:

John 18:11
11 Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?

So Jesus is only human after ally at the bolded. And the angel that appeared came to strengthened him for his death or to pray further? Because in Luke 22:44 (after the angel has appeared unto him from heaven) "and being in agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground". Why was Jesus still in agony after the angel appeared?
John 18:11 was not referring to mount Gethsemane but when they came to arrest him.
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Scholar8200(m): 6:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
Confirmer:

So Jesus is only human after ally at the bolded.
I mentioned humanity because:
John 1:14
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

And the angel that appeared came to strengthened him for his death or to pray further? Because in Luke 22:44 (after the angel has appeared unto him from heaven) "and being in agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground".
This is not the first time an angel would strengthen a person in view of a task: Elijah, Daniel, Ezekiel had the same experiences (passages are available on demand). But nowhere in the Bible did angel strengthen anyone to pray; the Holy Spirit does.

Why was Jesus still in agony after the angel appeared?
this is not a physical agony; something similar happened here:
John 11:38
Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave.
This is still the experience of any real believer today who knows what it means to carry a prayer burden:

Romans 8:26
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered

John 18:11 was not referring to mount Gethsemane but when they came to arrest him.
Yes. That was in the same garden of Gethsemane after the prayer, when the soldiers came. It shows He was now ready to face the Cross! Before this time He had said:

Matthew 26:38
38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death:

This weight of sorrow was gone when the abductors came. How? The strength received in answer to prayer!
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Confirmer(m): 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
Scholar8200:

I mentioned humanity because:
John 1:14
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

This is not the first time an angel would strengthen a person in view of a task: Elijah, Daniel, Ezekiel had the same experiences (passages are available on demand). But nowhere in the Bible did angel strengthen anyone to pray; the Holy Spirit does.

this is not a physical agony; something similar happened here:
John 11:38
Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave.
This is still the experience of any real believer today who knows what it means to carry a prayer burden:

Romans 8:26
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered

Yes. That was in the same garden of Gethsemane after the prayer, when the soldiers came. It shows He was now ready to face the Cross! Before this time He had said:

This weight of sorrow was gone when the abductors came. How? The strength received in answer to prayer!
In the end, it all boils down to one thing that "Lord" Jesus didn't wanna die via "let this cup pass over me" but he was forced, coerced or persuaded to take on the cross.
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by malvisguy212: 6:57pm On Jun 26, 2015
Confirmer:

Are we not saying the same thing? Despite the fact that Jesus was the messiah they still went ahead to kill him (even though they failed)
NO. Why will the Jews kill the one who will save them (according to the quran) the Jews never rejected moses. They are impatient.
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Scholar8200(m): 7:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
Confirmer:

In the end, it all boils down to one thing that "Lord" Jesus didn't wanna die via "let this cup pass over me" but he was forced, coerced or persuaded to take on the cross.
Here you go! He was neither forced, coerced or persuaded! Yes He endured the cross. (that's because going to the cross was not a walk in the park!)
Rather, for One Who had always been in Vital relationship with the Father, death (separation from God due to the sins laid on Him) was an unthinkable source of unbearable sorrow.

On the cross, this was the only outcry! My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me!

Your submission contradicts:

If He was forced or coerced, the verse on calling for legions of angels will be superfluous
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Confirmer(m): 8:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
Scholar8200:
Here you go! He was neither forced, coerced or persuaded! Yes He endured the cross. (that's because going to the cross was not a walk in the park!)
Rather, for One Who had always been in Vital relationship with the Father, death (separation from God due to the sins laid on Him) was an unthinkable source of unbearable sorrow.

On the cross, this was the only outcry! My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me!

Your submission contradicts:

If He was forced or coerced, the verse on calling for legions of angels will be superfluous
He was only unwilling to bear the cross. In mount Gethsemnie he accepted the fact and stop Peter from fighting cos he knew his faith. Yet when he was on the cross he thought he had been forsaken. Christians logic is baffling.
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Confirmer(m): 8:18pm On Jun 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
NO. Why will the Jews kill the one who will save them (according to the quran) the Jews never rejected moses. They are impatient.
And they didn't kill (in fact behead) John the Baptist despite the fact that he was a prophet? The Jew knew John was a prophet and they didn't spare him so what makes Jesus any different.
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by plainbibletruth: 9:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
[size=5pt]
Confirmer:

1 Quran 2:285
Sahih International: The Messenger has believed in what was revealed to him from his Lord, and [so have] the believers. All of them have believed in Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers, [saying], "We make no distinction between any of His messengers." And they say, "We hear and we obey. [We seek] Your forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the [final] destination."
2. “The ummah (Muslim nation) is agreed that the Messengers are infallible in carrying out their mission – they do not forget anything that Allaah has revealed to them except with regard to matters that have been abrogated. They are also infallible in conveying the Message – they do not conceal anything that Allaah has revealed to them, for that would be a betrayal and it is impossible to imagine that they could do such a thing. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘O Messenger! Proclaim (the Message) which has been sent down to you from your Lord. And if you do not ,then you have not conveyed His Message…’ [al-Maa’idah 5:67]. If anything is concealed or changed, then the punishment of Allaah will befall the one who is guilty of doing these things, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘And if he [Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] had forged a false saying concerning Us [Allaah], We surely would have seized him by his right hand (or with power and might), and then certainly should have cut off his life artery (aorta).’ [al-Haqqah 69:44-46]. One aspect of infallibility is that they (the Prophets) do not forget anything of that which Allaah has revealed to them, and thus no part of the revelation is lost.”
“The Prophets and Messengers may also strive to find the right judgement in the situations with which they are faced, and they judge according to what they themselves see and hear – they do not have knowledge of the Unseen. They may make an incorrect judgement, as happened to the Prophet of Allaah Dawood (David), who failed to do so, and Allaah helped his son Sulaymaan (Solomon) to come up with the right answer in that particular case. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that he heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘There were two women, each of whom had a son. A wolf came and carried off the son of one of them, who said to the other, “The wolf has taken your son.” The other said, “No, he took your son.” They came to Dawood to ask him to judge between them, and he ruled in favour of the older woman. Then they went to Sulaymaan the son of Dawood and told him what had happened. He said, “Bring a knife and divide the child between them.” The younger woman said, “Do not do that, may Allaah have mercy on you! He is her son.” So Sulaymaan ruled in favour of the younger woman.’ (Reported by al-Bukhaari).[/size]

For my first question I didn’t ask for what the Quran says; what I asked was what you Muslims actually DO IN PRACTICE. Do you hold Mohammed in higher esteem than other prophets? In practice, not by words or quoting any statement. When you said “We don't make distinction between the Prophets and we believe in all of them” are you sincerely saying that the average Muslim will kill for Jesus as they would for Mohammed? Maybe you need to look what ‘DISTINCTION’ means. Do you in practice actually make NO DISTICTION?

For the second question I wanted you to quote anywhere in the Quran to support your position but you have not. Instead you are quoting some other people. I’m not asking for what the ummah is agreed about. I’m not talking about proclamation of message. What I am saying is tell me where the Quran supports you statement that “All the prophets of God are sinless.” Can you show how all the prophets lived their without sinning; that's what sinless means.
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by malvisguy212: 9:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
Confirmer:

And they didn't kill (in fact behead) John the Baptist despite the fact that he was a prophet? The Jew knew John was a prophet and they didn't spare him so what makes Jesus any different.
do you know the meaning between messiah and prophet?
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Confirmer(m): 9:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
do you know the meaning between messiah and prophet?
Messiah is the annointed one while the prophet is the chosen one. Differentiate
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by malvisguy212: 10:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
Confirmer:

Messiah is the annointed one while the prophet is the chosen one. Differentiate
prophet deliver the message to God, they had nothing to do with fighting war, they are like a spiritual leader, but messiah are kings, it was this prophet that anoint the kings whom God has chosen. It was God himself that anoint Jesus (isaiah 61,luke 4:18)
Luke 4:18
"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because
he has anointed me to proclaim good
news to the poor. He has sent me to
proclaim freedom for the prisoners and
recovery of sight for the blind, to set the
oppressed free,

So it make no sense for the Jews to boast " we have kill the messiah" (according to the quran). But in the bible, the Jews reject Jesus as the messiah that why they crucify him.
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Confirmer(m): 10:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
prophet deliver the message to God, they had nothing to do with fighting war, they are like a spiritual leader, but messiah are kings, it was this prophet that anoint the kings whom God has chosen. It was God himself that anoint Jesus (isaiah 61,luke 4:18)
Luke 4:18
"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because
he has anointed me to proclaim good
news to the poor. He has sent me to
proclaim freedom for the prisoners and
recovery of sight for the blind, to set the
oppressed free,

So it make no sense for the Jews to boast " we have kill the messiah" (according to the quran). But in the bible, the Jews reject Jesus as the messiah that why they crucify him.
so Jesus didn't convince them with his miracles? They saw the truth and rejected it or they didn't see anything. If Jesus was unable to convince them that he was the Messiah (according to your logic) then the Jew are not at fault.
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by malvisguy212: 12:28am On Jun 27, 2015
Confirmer:

so Jesus didn't convince them with his miracles? They saw the truth and rejected it or they didn't see anything. If Jesus was unable to convince them that he was the Messiah (according to your logic) then the Jew are not at fault.
listen!!! Not All the Jews reject Jesus, after his death, more than 5000 Jews converted to Christianity.

You haven't answer my question, does it make sense for the Jews to boast, they have killed the messiah?
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Confirmer(m): 10:29am On Jun 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
listen!!! Not All the Jews reject Jesus, after his death, more than 5000 Jews converted to Christianity.

You haven't answer my question, does it make sense for the Jews to boast, they have killed the messiah?
The unbeliever mocked the believer by saying "we have killed the Messiah".
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by Scholar8200(m): 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
Confirmer:

He was only unwilling to bear the cross. In mount Gethsemnie he accepted the fact and stop Peter from fighting cos he knew his faith. Yet when he was on the cross he thought he had been forsaken. Christians logic is baffling.
Did you say He thought!? He was forsaken. Why? Our sins laid on Him separated Him(temporarily) from the Father; this was the concern in the garden of Gethsemane.
But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear.Isaiah 59:2

That our sins was laid on Him:'

Isaiah 53:6
6 All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord has made to light upon Him the guilt and iniquity of us all.
Re: The Uniqueness Of Jesus In The Quran by plainbibletruth: 10:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
It appears Confirmer is about to put up the disappearing act and pass the baton to another in their group like the ones before him did - empiree, tartar9, mustymatic, rilwayne001, and the rest of them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Does Kingebukasblog Lie? / ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? / Obadiah777, What Exactly Is Your/the Gospel You Believed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.