Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. - Politics (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. (64625 Views)

Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja / Biafra: Igbos Want To Reconolize South-South-waziri Ringim / Breaking News!!! 2 Dead As Rivers Indigenes And Pro Biafra Igbos Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by SOUNDKING: 4:08pm On Jun 23, 2015
Keep decieving yourself, ogbunigwe is never to be messed with
Kaeboy:
yes u are right thesame way a troop of 33 headed by colonel iluyomade stop your powerful biafran troops in oree dah year.........I just pray you people will not endup destroying your generation with thirst for battle... dsame way ur then worriors are thirsty for war but the leader have to run when d battle finally came leaving his soldiers killed lik rodent.......only if you can consider following the peaceful path in achieving your republic.....am not against biafra republic
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dayodare49o: 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2015
The OP is not a war strategist though but however, I think he should be able to see clearer. Not only Igbo, this is right time for any region that wants to secede from Nigeria, this is a time that Nigeria is at its lowest points and very tense. Nigeria as a country can not afford to venture into war of any kind so, this situation is good for any region that wants to die for freedom.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Ephemmm: 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
tensazangetsu:
lol how many igbo men have you met that are married to yoruba women or fulani women the few that do that are fools and don't know their history. The British never left nigeria they still control this country with neocolonialism and lastly in an igbo republic merit will reign over everything else no one cares if you are from asaba or aba.

"lol how many igbo men have you met that are married to yoruba women or fulani women the few that do that are fools and don't know their history"

This is the most senseless post I have ever read on nairaland; it is characterized by lack of deep mental horizon coupled with ethnic bigotry, naïve & myopic thinking and infinitestimality of brain....

According to Stephen Covey - independent life is good, but inter-dependent life is better: every tribe has its own strengths and weaknesses whether economical, political, intellectually or otherwise. Despite many previous trials, only God knows the reason why we are still united up till date.

Nigeria is one: its unity is non-negotiable. God bless Nigeria, my beloved country.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Ephemmm: 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2015
Princewill1:
RUBBISH TALK!!

Biafrans are not cowards,today's generation of Biarans are more stubborn than their fathers;nothing will deter them from fighting for their freedom.

OP have you heared that there will be a mass DNA test in biafraland when biafra comes,once you fail it;you will be sent to sokoto or osogbo to search for ur father.

tongue tongue tongue tongue says by someone who will bolt at the hearing of 8 sound banger.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Ephemmm: 4:47pm On Jun 23, 2015
Masterclass32:
Much as I generally agree with the the OP, I have a few reservations.

Suggesting that we learn to live in Nigeria is not it. On the contrary, Nigeria should learn to accept the Igbos into the Nigerian fold. Since the civil war, we've been more or less treated as outcasts in our supposed country. Despite the Reconciliation, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction mantra, not much has been done in the south east. How many states do the Igbo have as against what others have? Federal presence is virtually non existent in the east. The so-called International airport in Enugu is an obvious joke. Any move to build a sea port in the east is crushed. 2nd Niger bridge nko? There has been a deliberate and studied plan to undermine the south east. U can't keep treating me like a slave and expect me to be happy. Left to me, I would advocate REGIONALISM. Make all man develop at their pace.

Again, if we wanted to split Nigeria, inter-tribal marriages wouldn't have stopped it. Who says you must be in the same country with your inlaws? I have friends with inlaws in Germany, south africa etc.

Nigeria better get her act right. The polity is gradaully boiling.

Why won't others look down on you with your 'better than thou' attitude. Personally, I respect anybody whether my agemate or not, but I can do anything to resist your arrogance belief of superiority. Joe Igbokwe was one of the Fashola's cabinet members, a position which I don't think many lineage has never occupied as a Lagosian.

Until you can tell me what a Yoruba man from Osun living in Lagos is entitled to that no Ibo man from Imo is entitled to, then I have contrary opinion.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by marv1: 5:20pm On Jun 23, 2015
chuna1985:

Igbo state governors are working better than other geopolitical zones.

fact is that igbos deserve a state n every sane Nigerian knows that.
And you are NOT a voice to every sane nigerian..
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hero10001:

Oh really?
Then youre a bad student of history..
In war, winner takes all, no second place oh.
Men have be taking advantage of calamities to enrich emselves since time imemorial.
Ask Moses, Aaron, Moha, David, Joseph, Daniel, Mordecai, Gideon, Shedrac, Judas, Esther, Jacob, Hitler, bin ladin, Putin, Obj, Amosun, Fashola, Yar adua, Buhari, Abacha, Dangote, Babangida, Gej, Ojukwu, Jega, FFK, Olamide, Shekau, wike, Asari, Tompolo, Alex badeh, ihejirika, Ekweremadu, Kalu, Ubah, ya-papa, etc.
You go believe say If e no bad for one e no go better the other man?!
Sometimes to create, you have to destroy.
If your senseless unfortunate war would enrich me, so be it.
Nothing lasts forever.

The spoils of war are taken by the soldiers. Every single person u named, fought for what they wanted, they won and are enjoying their spoils.
If you think GOD will butter ur bread by staying at home and not going out there to fight for it, then good riddance to you!
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Ephemmm: 6:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
fr3do:

Crap!
It is a referendum and debate that will reveal how many people want Biafra, not a yorubaman's investigation.
Why do you care about how we will cope in our biafra? Is it your biafra?

Oga! na you no wetin dey delay you oooo
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Ephemmm: 6:05pm On Jun 23, 2015
fr3do:

And under the current dispensation in Nigeria, the Fulanis are not ripping you off?

Do you know? In texas, USA, the oil on a person's land is theirs, they only need a license to drill and would only need to pay tax to government on what is being drilled. But in 9ja, your oil is for everybody but their cocoa and tomato isn't.

All these words are for you if by chance you happen to be a SSner.

If I am not mistaken, oil was discovered in 1960s. Was it not the same cocoa and tomatoe you stated that was being used to sustain your region before then?
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Hero10001: 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2015
Closedoor:

The spoils of war are taken by the soldiers. Every single person u named, fought for what they wanted, they won and are enjoying their spoils.
If you think GOD will butter ur bread by staying at home and not going out there to fight for it, then good riddance to you!
Oh yea, now youre getting it, the moment biafra start in the east, we're going all out for their necks in the south.
We won't stay at home to claim the spoils.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by fr3do(m): 8:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ephemmm:

If I am not mistaken, oil was discovered in 1960s. Was it not the same cocoa and tomatoe you stated that was being used to sustain your region before then?

We had and still have our food and cash crops here.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Ephemmm: 8:30pm On Jun 23, 2015
fr3do:

We had and still have our food and cash crops here.

Which food and cash crops were more profitable than cocoa that other regions do not have then? When you were enjoying cocoa money, it was Nigerian money: but when it comes to oil, it belongs to your region.

However, Oil was discovered in lagos, Ondo, Oyo: if this is coupled with industrialization rate in Lagos and Ogun, don't you think Southwest will sustain? Majority of the countries in the world are living without Oil, so what is the exaggeration?

So stop making it seem as if no one can sustain without your region.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ephemmm:

Which food and cash crops were more profitable than cocoa that other regions do not have then? When you were enjoying cocoa money, it was Nigerian money: but when it comes to oil, it belongs to your region.

So stop making it seem as if no one can sustain without your region.

At least when you want to make mouth about cocoa in the early 20th century, remember Eastern Nigeria was earning huge in Palm production and Coal.

[img]http://wrm.org.uy/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/nigeria.jpg[/img]

http://www.cambridge.org/us/academic/subjects/politics-international-relations/comparative-politics/palm-oil-and-protest-economic-history-ngwa-region-south-eastern-nigeria-18001980?format=PB
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Ephemmm: 10:00am On Jun 24, 2015
Normality:

At least when you want to make mouth about cocoa in the early 20th century, remember Eastern Nigeria was earning huge in Palm production and Coal.

[img]http://wrm.org.uy/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/nigeria.jpg[/img]

It is a pity! if you have done your research empirically, you would have realized that states like Osun, Oyo, Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti, Benin were among the states that have palm oil in abundance up till date.

http://www.cambridge.org/us/academic/subjects/politics-international-relations/comparative-politics/palm-oil-and-protest-economic-history-ngwa-region-south-eastern-nigeria-18001980?format=PB
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by solreb: 11:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
rudebouy:

Even me wot? I hate the Igbos. I hate the Yorubas. I hate the Hausas. All of u are d same with stupid superiority complex. Niger Delta will not join Biafra. We want our own nation. If Nigeria divides, we will divide into 6 parts. South-South will not join biafra. I repeat, South-South will not join biafra! It happened before, it will happen again. History always repeats itself.

Nnamdi Kanu is a fool to think dat he will have a share in our oil. All of u following Nnamdi are fools. D guy is fighting for niger delta oil and u fools dont even have any idea. Remove d oil from niger delta and see if he will be interested in biafra. Nonsense!

Pls tell d bastard Nnamdi Kanu to come to Okrika and spill some of his rubbish if he will come out alive. Idiot.

Does anybody know d phone number of radio biafra, I want to call d bastard.
Good talk. I also want to call Nnamdi Kanu and speak some sense into him but I don't have the number. He talks trash all the time claiming that Niger Delta is part if Biafra just because of oil. Niger Deltans will never go with the ibos. He is being dreaming and living in self delusion.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 25, 2015
Ephemmm:

But u made it seem like only Western Nigeria earned money, at least u know about Cocoa and coal.

And pls be informed, Nigeria was practicing Regionalism and resource control as of then, each region develop by its own revenues and itself, the central govt only took care of the Capital city.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by omonnakoda: 10:39am On Jun 25, 2015
illiad1:

Stop playing the ostrich!

The truth stare us all in the face. We all want a stable & favorable country and nigeria as presently constituted is far far away from favourable.
You have your own version of "Truth"
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 7:34pm On Jul 03, 2015
It is indeed clear that the disagreement between MASSOB and IPOB is based on battle for supremacy by the two groups and nothing else, when Biafra has not even seceded yet! Massob quickly dissociated themselves from the condemnation of Pastor Kumuyi coming to Aba for Crusade while the demented Nnamdi Kanu of Ipob is busy trying to whip up ethnic sentiments against the Man of God. Massob's answer to the brouhaha is way more matured and well thought out than the babaric,childish belittling approach by Ipob.
And in all honestly, this is a child play to the terribly chaos that will befall South Easterners if they eventually pull away as all manner of groups and individuals will be violently jostling for position.
Indeed the new state of Biafra will not survive the internal crisis and will never even be able to stand on its on feet.
It will be worse than in 1967 when fellow Biafran soldiers led by Emmanuel Ifeajuna and co attempted to topple Ojukwu inside Biafra!
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by fx45(m): 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2015
Ishilove:

Biafra is a mirage. The earlier you guys realise this, the better it will be for everybody.
Why exactly do you not want us to go? It means you depend more on me than I depend on you. I consider you as being useless to me and that's why I want out. You're insisting that I must not go, why? What exactly do you want from me?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by fx45(m): 9:42pm On Jul 03, 2015
dinachi:
Have you asked yourself why he started his radio station after Jonathan lost the election?
You're such an ignorant buffoon. I thought you even knew what you've been rambling on about. What even irritates me the most is that you're another Yeriba impostor and alot of people fell for your gimmicks here..... Wasting valuable time and megabytes arguing back and forth with you.

I want you to swear with your Lagos Lagoon that you're not a Yeriba impostor and lets see if you would still be posting on this forum one week from now.

Blaaddy Phool!
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by fx45(m): 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
dinachi:

Who was Daniel KANU before the formation of Radio Biafra? Where does he/did he reside?
How does he fund his activities?
Who are the Igbo leaders behind the Biafra project?
The last we heard about DANIEL KANU was in 1998 immediately after Sani Abacha's death. You sound so confused and disorganised.... You see what envy and bitterness can do to a man?
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by belzabull(f): 11:34pm On Jul 03, 2015
dinachi:
[s]It is indeed clear that the disagreement between MASSOB and IPOB is based on battle for supremacy by the two groups and nothing else, when Biafra has not even seceded yet! Massob quickly dissociated themselves from the condemnation of Pastor Kumuyi coming to Aba for Crusade while the demented Nnamdi Kanu of Ipob is busy trying to whip up ethnic sentiments against the Man of God. Massob's answer to the brouhaha is way more matured and well thought out than the babaric,childish belittling approach by Ipob.
And in all honestly, this is a child play to the terribly chaos that will befall South Easterners if they eventually pull away as all manner of groups and individuals will be violently jostling for position.
Indeed the new state of Biafra will not survive the internal crisis and will never even be able to stand on its on feet.
It will be worse than in 1967 when fellow Biafran soldiers led by Emmanuel Ifeajuna and co attempted to topple Ojukwu inside Biafra![/s]
You are a cursed fool

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by belzabull(f): 11:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
Pls just carve out my Anioma(Delta north) and join me with siblings in the south east
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Cjrane2: 1:04am On Jul 04, 2015
solreb:

Good talk. I also want to call Nnamdi Kanu and speak some sense into him but I don't have the number. He talks trash all the time claiming that Niger Delta is part if Biafra just because of oil. Niger Deltans will never go with the ibos. He is being dreaming and living in self delusion.

It is obvious you are yoruba.
You bitterly hate Niger Deltans but you are interested in their oil instead of human beings.
You can take Niger Delta and their oil with you if they will be silly enough to allow you. Igbos simply want to leave your barbaric country, we don't need oil to develop. We only need to leave this sham of a nation and have the freedom to conduct our own affairs like other civilized peoples of the world.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 7:26am On Jul 04, 2015
fx45:
Why exactly do you not want us to go? It means you depend more on me than I depend on you. I consider you as being useless to me and that's why I want out. You're insisting that I must not go, why? What exactly do you want from me?
Go to where? You are so dissillusioned! This time around you will be hemmed in on all sides by Niger Delta, the North and Southwest. Your rickety dream of a Biafra will be crushed in less than a week and you will go back to sulking and biting your finger!
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 7:29am On Jul 04, 2015
fx45:
The last we heard about DANIEL KANU was in 1998 immediately after Sani Abacha's death. You sound so confused and disorganised.... You see what envy and bitterness can do to a man?
Daniel Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu they all sound the same to me because both are charlatans playing on gullible and naive individuals like you and be smiling to the bank while you rant and rave on naira land for free. You are so well deceived that you have not realized it yet! grin grin grin
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 7:32am On Jul 04, 2015
belzabull:
You are a cursed fool
Na people like you Nigerian soldiers go dey use to satisfy their sexual urges! Who is holding you back? Go and start now!
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by belzabull(f): 7:36am On Jul 04, 2015
dinachi:

Na people like you Nigerian soldiers go dey use to satisfy their sexual urges! Who is holding you back? Go and start now!
What are the necessitating factors for Biafra secessionist.?

Is Nigeria being fair to the SE? Let me know how reasonable you are

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by fx45(m): 7:50am On Jul 04, 2015
dinachi:

Go to where? You are so dissillusioned! This time around you will be hemmed in on all sides by Niger Delta, the North and Southwest. Your rickety dream of a Biafra will be crushed in less than a week and you will go back to sulking and biting your finger!
A word is enough for the wise.
You still havent answered my questions. It seems you're more interested in throwing tantrums and pouring invectives..... Typical of the average Yeriba man.

By the way, I thought you were claiming to be Igbo... What suddenly changed? If I'm helmed in and crushed from all sides, so also will you. Same applies to your immediate family and extend family.

I've openly challenged you to swear with your Lagos Lagoon that you're not one of the regular Yeriba impostors masquerading as Igbo people. Swear by that Lagoon, lets see if your moniker will still be active by this time next week.

1diot!
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 7:56am On Jul 04, 2015
belzabull:
What are the necessitating factors for Biafra secessionist.?
Is Nigeria being fair to the SE? Let me know how reasonable you are
Every tribe in Nigeria can lay claim to being maltreated and marginalized in Nigeria and they would be very correct the only difference is that my brother the Igbo always want to leave the federation.
Now check this out:

MKO Abiola a Yoruba man was denied the presidency when it was very glaring that he won! Did the Yoruba pull out of Nigeria? No

In 1966 Jan a coup led mostly by Igbos and a few Yoruba ended up killing mostly Northern leaders, their southern counterparts were either tipped off to run away or not harmed at all.
Did the north pull out of Nigeria? No.

Niger Delta people have been crying against exploitation and marginalization since the sixties. Did they pull away from Nigeria? No. Rather they waited until fortune smiled on them and one of theirs emerged the President of Nigeria.

The only people crying about leaving are our people the Igbo, why?
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 8:01am On Jul 04, 2015
fx45:
You still havent answered my questions. It seems you're more interested in throwing tantrums and pouring invectives..... Typical of the average Yeriba man.

By the way, I thought you were claiming to be Igbo... What suddenly changed? If I'm helmed in and crushed from all sides, so also will you. Same applies to your immediate family and extend family.

I've openly challenged you to swear with your Lagos Lagoon that you're not one of the regular Yeriba impostors masquerading as Igbo people. Swear by that Lagoon, lets see if your moniker will still be active by this time next week.

1diot!
Luckily, many Igbo men and women will never back this Biafra madness. So your little dream will collapse woefully again!
The only problem is that this silly agitation will continue to make other tribes suspicious of the Igbo mans political agenda and therefore a dream of a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction pushed further away.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by feedburner(m): 10:10am On Jul 04, 2015
Op civil struggle last for centuries yes centuries... freedom doesn't come on a platter of gold. civil war is just a painful chapter of the story.
one thing I know for sure is that Nigeria will break up (with d way things r going, even buhari said it in SA that he feared Nigeria would end up like somalia.) and Biafra will be restored.

history will always repeat itself and I pray it ends on positive note

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Rotimi Akeredolu, Other Governors Who Died In Office / US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin / Edo Lawmaker Wore Shorts To His Swearing-In Ceremony As House Of Assembly Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.