Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover (54065 Views)

Yahoo Boy’ Steals US Soldier’s Identity, Dupes American Lover / Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer / Fola Orebiyi, Nigerian Killed In London By Group Of Gang Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by newguy1(m): 5:31am On Jun 20, 2015
So seeing d image says nothing. That their own story we all have our own demons either its in us or someone we know
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by delishpot: 5:33am On Jun 20, 2015
Insensitive and wicked men everywhere on this topic.
All I can say is, karma is a bitch

1 Like

Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by kudaheade22(f): 5:33am On Jun 20, 2015
[color=#770077][/color]RIP to her
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by An2elect2(f): 5:35am On Jun 20, 2015
Mtswwwww I luv them white still tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by philtex(m): 5:36am On Jun 20, 2015
An2elect2:
Mtswwwww I luv them white still tongue

undecided
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by An2elect2(f): 5:40am On Jun 20, 2015
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by MicroBox: 5:40am On Jun 20, 2015
Nigerian girls with white folks,though not their fault it seems the parents take pride in their children dating/marrying white folks.. That how my girl friend ended up with a Hungarian man they are married now.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by ojdollars(m): 5:41am On Jun 20, 2015
You obviously has not left the shores of Lagos once in your life, so people choose to marry white women because that's all they see because they live abroad? You must be slow with your type of reasoning, white women are not the only women in America, there are tons of black women in all major cities, anyone getting married to a white person does so out of their choices and not because they were without options.

ademusiwa8:
Idi amin love is love. It is not the colour of skin.

I like white women does that mean I hate black women. No.

People like different thing a.d she like what she want.

If a person live abroad before g. Your taste will be for white women. Because that is all you see.

4 Likes

Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by Madamkilljoy(f): 5:47am On Jun 20, 2015
GodwinTobi:
IToday was a special day—it was the day of my
funeral;
Last night he killed me;
If only I would have gathered the courage and
strength to leave him;
I could have received help from the Women’s
Shelter, but I didn’t ask for
their help;
So I got flowers today—for the last time.

A very sad one. I could feel rain falling from my eyes after reading this piece. RIP to victims of domestic violence who were to scared to make their voices heard.
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by OgaTheTop2: 5:47am On Jun 20, 2015
I don't know what our girls see in those oyinbo mofos that can't even have a straight hard on without getting their shaft sucked. They are just not for African girls, plus they have various mental derangement if you asked me.

RIP to the fine girl..
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by Nobody: 5:48am On Jun 20, 2015
Pelummy:
like say ur character better pass
give it a trial
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by Nobody: 5:49am On Jun 20, 2015
Okay
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by Kbraims(m): 5:51am On Jun 20, 2015
Dis one na real story...got no tym to read it all,anybody wit summary pls!
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by Nobody: 5:53am On Jun 20, 2015
freecocoa:
This is sad.

A young promising life ended just like that, may her soul RIP.
Promising?
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 20, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

Every minute, nearly 24 women are victims of rape; domestic violence by their lovers or intimate partners in the United States. More than 12million women have been physically abused, assaulted or killed by domestic violence. Women, between ages 18 and 35, experience all forms of abuses from their intimate partners.

The World Health Organisation reports that each year, 35 per cent of women globally, are sexually and physically assaulted by their loved ones.

The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, in recent findings on domestic violence in America, concluded that one in five women had been slapped, kicked, beaten, raped and assaulted in their lifetime.
Behavioural scientists researched and opined that domestic violence begins when a partner has the urge to emotionally control and dominate his or her partner in an intimate relationship, as a result of low self-esteem and extreme jealousy.

“This domination then takes the form of emotional, physical or sexual abuse. Studies suggest that violent behaviour often is caused by an interaction of situational and individual factors. That means that abusers learn violent behaviour from their family, people in their community and other cultural influences as they grow up. They may have seen violence often or they may have been victims themselves,” says Toby G Goldsmith.

On October 5th 2003, Victor Chukwunka Achonu, then 53, brutally and savagely sliced his then wife, Ebele Achonu in Raleigh North Carolina. The crime of passion was fuelled by accusations of marital infidelity. Achonu suspected his 33-year-old wife was cheating on him with another man. That Sunday morning, the police reported that Achonu assaulted his wife with a machete after an argument, and then inflicted serious injuries on her. He allegedly came from behind and attacked her while she was on the phone, complaining to a relative in Nigeria that she was no longer happy in her marriage to Victor. Victor hit her with a severe blow that knocked her out. He then viciously began to slice her with the machete. The injuries she suffered included, compressed rear skull fracture, amputated right hand and laceration to her left shoulder. Ebele fell in a pool of her own blood; Victor fled the house into a nearby bush. He was captured later that day after an intensive manhunt by the Raleigh Police.

One year later, he was sentenced in 2004, to nearly 20 years in prison for attempted first degree murder. It’s been almost eleven years since the incident. Ebele has remarried and quietly lives in the same city where her life nearly ended. Victor Achonu continues to serve prison term. He is due to be released in 2019, at about 70 years. Ebele Achonu politely declined request for interview with regards to the sad part of her life: “No, thank you Azuka” was her response to a text message requesting a chat with her. She carries an everlasting reminder and charred scar of her violent past in the hands of her ex-husband; she lost one arm to the marriage.

The circles of domestic violence towards women are as old as the American pie. In most cases, domestic violence had led to death of women in the hands of the ones that once professed love to them. The recent case of a young Nigerian girl killed by her ex-boyfriend is a reminder of how vicious domestic violence has rooted in America’s lifestyle.

Mariam Folashade Adebayo was a charming dark and lovely young girl with a bright future. Two years ago, she graduated from the University of Maryland with a degree in Public Health. After her graduation, she began to chase the beautiful dreams of a great life ahead of her, living the life of an unblemished normal young beautiful girl in the city. Mariam met Donald Bricker, a 27-year-old white crook. He charmed Mariam and something in both of them stirred. Donald had a criminal background. He was a third degree sex offender, convicted in 2009. He hid his past from young, innocent Mariam.

In Maryland, sexual offence in the Third Degree is detailed in the status thus: (a) A person may not: (1) (i) engage in sexual contact with another without the consent of the other; and (ii) 1. Employ or display a dangerous weapon, or a physical object that the victim reasonably believes is a dangerous weapon; 2. Suffocate, strangle, disfigure, or inflict serious physical injury on the victim or another in the course of committing the crime; (3) Threaten, or place the victim in fear, that the victim, or an individual known to the victim, imminently will be subject to death, suffocation, strangulation, disfigurement, serious physical injury, or kidnapping; or (4) commit the crime while aided and abetted by another; (2) engage in sexual contact with another if the victim is a mentally defective individual, a mentally incapacitated individual, or a physically helpless individual,
. so disheartening

Rip to the dead
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by kingthreat(m): 5:54am On Jun 20, 2015
Nigerian ladies could really be nasty at times, no offense. Over there in Yankee, there's a right to firearm. People can shoot when a grudge gets overheated. I have been in a situation here in Naija when a babe pushed me to the wall so hard, that if there was a weapon in the house it could have been a murder case. Thank God anyways. If you're not ready for a relationship or you're tired, leave amicably. Not showing yourself and proving rights, people could get temperamental and when damage is done, there is no return.
Sorry if my opinion does not relate to the case as we never can tell what really occured. Just saying my mind anyways.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by Nobody: 5:58am On Jun 20, 2015
May her soul RIP & the bast.urd jailed 4 life.
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by laykhorn(m): 6:04am On Jun 20, 2015
edenhazard:
gud for the biattchh grin grin grin
How insensitive of you to have posted this. Did you even read what happened? Some people can be so fo0lish

4 Likes

Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by Kendumazy(m): 6:04am On Jun 20, 2015
killings everywhere....
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by miqos02(m): 6:07am On Jun 20, 2015
this is bad

Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by Felaak47(m): 6:08am On Jun 20, 2015
space booked, r.i.p to the death.
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by dyabman(m): 6:13am On Jun 20, 2015
IdiAmin1:
All in a bid to get oyibo husband, this one has gone down so soon.

What amazes me is the way some Nigerian mothers encourage their daughters to neglect Nigerian suitors/toasters and go for their white counterparts.

Rip sister angry

Any difference btw an American lover or a Nigerian lover ? No, difference they are both Humans and Humans are Wicked !.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by lusciouslex: 6:13am On Jun 20, 2015
Am I the only one in here that sees this dude to be Manchester City Argentine right back: Pablo Zabaleta? He is'nt a real America. Just as Jack Swagger would...with his right hand placed on his chest 'we the people'. Black people should stay away from white people. For example, how easy can justice be given against a white boy, in a court room on American soil by white lawyers? #R.I.P
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by skynet006(m): 6:14am On Jun 20, 2015
hm
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by eleko1: 6:16am On Jun 20, 2015
So sad.American(some of them are psyco/their upstairs is abnormal).is there no responsible white/black man there than this APE,tout looking man?I am sad reading dis story.May her soul RIP
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by kweenkong(f): 6:16am On Jun 20, 2015
IdiAmin1:

What amazes me is the way some Nigerian mothers encourage their daughters to neglect Nigerian suitors/toasters and go for their white counterparts.

Rip sister angry

Are the Nigerian men any better. both the ones resident abroad and here. am sure u read the story about the Ebele guy and his wife at the beginning of the write up. Thank God it happened in a country where the legal system works not in Nigeria where so many factors abound to sway justice.
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by Nobody: 6:17am On Jun 20, 2015
IdiAmin1:

Rip sister angry

Ode! Did you skip the part where the author introduced a Nigerian couple before starting with the story of Mariam undecided
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by philtex(m): 6:17am On Jun 20, 2015
An2elect2:

undecided

Cleared. cheesy
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by Nobody: 6:18am On Jun 20, 2015
kingthreat:
Nigerian ladies could really be nasty at times, no offense. Over there in Yankee, there's a right to firearm. People can shoot when a grudge gets overheated. I have been in a situation here in Naija when a babe pushed me to the wall so hard, that if there was a weapon in the house it could have been a murder case. Thank God anyways. If you're not ready for a relationship or you're tired, leave amicably. Not showing yourself and proving rights, people could get temperamental and when damage is done, there is no return.
Sorry if my opinion does not relate to the case as we never can tell what really occured. Just saying my mind anyways.

STFU!
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by Nobody: 6:19am On Jun 20, 2015
OgaTheTop2:
I don't know what our girls see in those oyinbo mofos that can't even have a straight hard on without getting their shaft sucked. They are just not for African girls, plus they have various mental derangement if you asked me.

RIP to the fine girl..

Ode! Did you skip about Ebele who was almost killed by her Nigerian husband? undecided
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 20, 2015
MicroBox:
Nigerian girls with white folks,though not their fault it seems the parents take pride in their children dating/marrying white folks.. That how my girl friend ended up with a Hungarian man they are married now.

Don't be daft! The story isn't about edit men and Nigerian women undecided
Re: PHOTO- Mariam Adebayo, Latest Nigerian Killed By American Lover by wizard01(m): 6:21am On Jun 20, 2015
Its sad, peeps should learn to control their temper.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lockdown: Woman Flogged By Police Officers (Video) / Niger Republic Arms Dealer And Sons Arrested In Katsina (Photos) / Usifo Ataga: More Suspects Arrested In Super TV Boss' Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.