Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition (2194 Views)

El-Rufai Breaks Fast With Christian Leaders Tonight / El-Rufai Breaks Fast With Islamic Clerics / Governor El-rufai Breaks Fast With Journalists This Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by dorofresh: 9:19am On Jun 20, 2015
Kaduna State governor, Nasiru El-Rufai, has on Friday cancelled the annual Ramadan “welfare” package distributed to Muslims in the state as against the tradition in the state.

Past administrations distributed rice, millet, vegetable oil, milk, sugar and other commodities to Muslims; and also hosted religious groups to Ramadan breakfast.

Speaking when he received the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria and the Jama’atul Nasril Islam Friday at the Government House, Kaduna, Mr. El-Rufai said if his government continues to fund the welfare package, it will barely be able to deliver on key mandates of his government, considering the state’s finances.

“This beautiful office complex we are in cost the government about N10billion. Me and my partner, the Deputy Governor would not have built this when there are many masses oriented projects yet to be executed, but it has been built, we have to use.

“I have also been made to understand that, this Ramadan period, we are supposed to have started sharing rice, milk and sugar, but we will not do that.‎ One, the government is not supposed to be involved in religious activities. Two, the government is broke.

“So, we solicit for your prayers to be able to stabilize the situation and we hope that things will improve,” he said.

Politics - Gov El Rufai Breaks Kaduna's Ramadan Tradition | NigerianBulletin http:///fNlnCKgnwN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by agarawu23(m): 9:21am On Jun 20, 2015
10b ? shocked

ask the past govt if truly they used all the money for the feeding stuff undecided

but that shouldn't stop Him from giving to the poor who can't afford food during this period
Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by Olabang(m): 9:22am On Jun 20, 2015
D Change is here to stay

5 Likes

Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 20, 2015
I salute dis man if truly d news is real May God bless u U are a product of pdp We await ur defection sir

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 20, 2015
I love the way this man deals with issues, he will be the only *Change* in APC
Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by autotrader014(m): 9:28am On Jun 20, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I love the way this man deals with issues, he will be the only *Change* in APC
U ve said it all.. most APC change politicians are just dere to change their account status.. personal interest and not the interest of the citizens

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by donholy28(m): 9:54am On Jun 20, 2015
He go use another way get d money wey he spend back...Trust politicians
Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by warripekin(m): 9:58am On Jun 20, 2015
El rufai is d only real change in APC. We expect him back in PDP.
Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by FynBabe(f): 10:18am On Jun 20, 2015
Small but mighty El-Rufai! Whoever wants Rice, Millet, Milk, Sugar e.t.c should go and work for it and stop depending on government.
It is a right step in the right direction.

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by Segunod(m): 10:31am On Jun 20, 2015
We have a lot of wealthy rich men and women in Kaduna, let them take up the mantle of sharing rice, veg oil, wheat and other stuffs during this ramadan period. Let government face governance and projects that will benefit the people. Truly religion shouldn't be part of governance. Dangote and co can do a lot of sharing of this things abeg...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by talktrue1(m): 11:04am On Jun 20, 2015
good move
if the govt feed them now, who will feed them after the Ramadan. better to teach them how to fish than giving them fish
Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by jerflakes(m): 11:49am On Jun 20, 2015
Ok mr el rufi
Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 20, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I salute dis man if truly d news is real
May God bless u
U are a product of pdp
We await ur defection sir
I thought he was an extremist few weeks ago

6 Likes

Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by adamskutty(m): 12:28pm On Jun 20, 2015
Obiagelli:

You should know by now, that taniods speaks from both sides of their mouth. grin

2 Likes

Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by Wildrage: 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2015
A cheering News in this season of inertia and uncertainty by the change agents, kudos to hell-ruffian for discontinuing the stupidly wasteful tradition
Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by oloyedayo(m): 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
This is one of many bad things our politicians do to cajole us. How does giving food stuff during fasting period translate to governance? My people here are expecting food stuffs to come out, even when civil servant are yet to collect salary. Kudos to el-rufai on that step. I expect him to cancel the sending of people on holy pilgrimage as well.

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by dridowu: 1:15pm On Jun 20, 2015
Obiagelli:

d guy must be a chameleon

2 Likes

Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by gists: 1:33pm On Jun 20, 2015
Mixed feeling for me about this one.
On one hand I am happy that at least this bring some form of equality as I am not sure the same gesture had been extended to christians during lent fasting and other faiths in the past. So cancelling it bring everybody to the same level.
On the other hand, I am not too sure how much it will cost the government to support the poor during fasting periods (muslim or christian). If not for corruption, how much will state government to do this social welfare for a max 70days (30days for muslims and 40days for xtians) in a year?
Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by dejavski(m): 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
May God bless u
U are a product of pdp

Seconded!!!
Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by softmind24: 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2015
Good 1 from the man,

For me religion has be 1 of the major problem that make the con3 to remain backward

It time to deal with a lot of religion issue which people feel are untouchable or unspeakable, religion is for human, without human I think there will be nothing like religion
Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2015
Even though I used to like this man when he was FCT minister and then now hate him with passion for his twitter rants and Fulani supremascists perspective I have to say this is the El Rufai I used to adore.

This is the kind of leaders the north needs and not some paternalistic agbada wearing Alhaji who will steal them blind and give them colored rice in return
Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by Enoquin(f): 4:41pm On Jun 20, 2015
El-Rufai is just firing from all cylinders, it seems he has long been ready for this post. I like the announcement
Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by zenith4biz(m): 5:51pm On Jun 20, 2015
Seen
Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by kliq(m): 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2015
“I have also been made to understand that, this Ramadan period, we are supposed to have started sharing rice, milk and sugar, but we will not do that.‎ One, the government is not supposed to be involved in religious activities."

Say no more

cool
Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by Dmano: 7:07pm On Jun 20, 2015
This is good i must say,welldone sir
Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by Honeyking(m): 8:29pm On Jun 20, 2015
[quote author=agarawu23 post=34951500]10b ? shocked

ask the past govt if truly they used all the money for the feeding stuff undecided

but that shouldn't stop Him from giving to the poor who can't afford food during this period

Have they not been eating before the fast?
Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 20, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
May God bless u
U are a product of pdp

lol. all these teenagers who don't know anything about politics and governance.

boy, it's not about the party, it's about the person.

that's why i laugh when I see people refusing to vote for a good person just because he does not belong to a certain political party. and they they vote a bad person just because he belongs to the party they like.

parties don't make people. people make themselves.

how old are you?
Re: El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition by tpiander: 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2015
So, what's going to happen?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Approves N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims / Bayesa Guber: Patience Jonathan Dumps PDP, Backs APC Candidate, Sylva / More Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Today's Helicopter Crash In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.