Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Deaconess - What Qualify A Woman As One? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deaconess - What Qualify A Woman As One? (4356 Views)

The Church Of England Consecrates Its First Woman As A Bishop / The Position Of A Deaconess Doesnt Exist In The Bible? / Osun River Worshippers With Austrian Woman As Priestess (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deaconess - What Qualify A Woman As One? by Fhemmmy: 2:10pm On Feb 25, 2009
What are the qualities a woman must have to be a deaconess in a church?
Plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Deaconess - What Qualify A Woman As One? by Image123(m): 12:57pm On Feb 26, 2009
The same qualities that every worker must possess in God's vineyard.Some are below
1Timothy 3:8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
3:9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
3:10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.
3:11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
3:12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
3:13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
The work of the deacon and deaconess is similar
Re: Deaconess - What Qualify A Woman As One? by Fhemmmy: 6:13pm On Feb 26, 2009
So all these must apply to a deaconess as well?
Can a single woman or a divorcee be a deaconess?
Re: Deaconess - What Qualify A Woman As One? by Fhemmmy: 10:05pm On Feb 27, 2009
Bleep-You:

2 TIMOTHY 2:11

It states a woman should be silent in Church;

"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection"

"But i suffer not a woman, nor to usurp authority over the man but must be SILENT cheesy

Corinthians 14:34

Let your women keep silent in Churches, for they are not permitted to speak, but they are to be submissive as the law says" cheesy

Corinthians 14;35

"And if they want to learn something, let them ask their husbands at home, for it is shameful for women to speak in churches" grin

Now what would make a woman speak in church talkless of her becoming a so called pastoress or deacon when the "god almighty jehovah" has commanded that women should shut up in churches because it is very very shameful to speak in churches grin

How can i ever respect a so called female pastor whatsoever when the bible has said that she has to be submissive to a man to shut up and learn from him.

All these hypocritical churches that have women as pastors and those clowns that worshipped Bimbo Odukoya are all going to Hell because they have defiled the words of god grin

And when i say the bible is a very very daft and foolish book, christian apologists will be angry. No other book would encourage such blatant chauvinistic thinking and subjugation of women, yet women are the densest fanatics of this stupid book called the bible!

What a freaking Mind job! grin

Deacon ko, Deacon Ayo Oshitelu ni!

I dont blv in all that, cos there is no reason why women cant talk nor be a pastor of churches.
Re: Deaconess - What Qualify A Woman As One? by Image123(m): 2:09am On Feb 28, 2009
A deaconess is simply a worker,a servant,a minister,like the deacon.Its not a title like we see today.It is a service or duty.Everyone looking to be used of God should be surrendered to His will and Word.That's the service that God appreciates and rewards now and in eternity.
Re: Deaconess - What Qualify A Woman As One? by Image123(m): 2:20am On Feb 28, 2009
A deaconess is simply a worker,a servant,a minister,like the deacon.Its not a title like we see today.It is a service or duty.Everyone looking to be used of God should be surrendered to His will and Word.That's the service that God appreciates and rewards now and in eternity.
Re: Deaconess - What Qualify A Woman As One? by benedictac(f): 10:27am On Mar 02, 2009
DEACONESS
Such women were called deaconesses as served the church in those offices in which the deacons could not with propriety engage; such as keeping the doors of that part of the church where the women sat, privately instructing those of their own sex, and visiting others imprisoned for the faith. In Ro 16:1, Phebe is said to be a "servant" of the church at Cenchrea; but in the original Greek she is called deaconess.
Re: Deaconess - What Qualify A Woman As One? by JJYOU: 10:35am On Mar 02, 2009
Bleep-You:

"But i suffer not a woman, nor to usurp authority over the man but must be SILENT cheesy

Let your women keep silent in Churches, for they are not permitted to speak, but they are to be submissive as the law says" cheesy

Corinthians 14;35

"And if they want to learn something, let them ask their husbands at home, for it is shameful for women to speak in churches" grin

Now what would make a woman speak in church talkless of her becoming a so called pastoress or deacon when the "god almighty jehovah" has commanded that women should shut up in churches because it is very very shameful to speak in churches grin

How can i ever respect a so called female pastor whatsoever when the bible has said that she has to be submissive to a man to shut up and learn from him.

All these hypocritical churches that have women as pastors and those clowns that worshipped Bimbo Odukoya are all going to Hell because they have defiled the words of god grin

And when i say the bible is a very very daft and foolish book, christian apologists will be angry. No other book would encourage such blatant chauvinistic thinking and subjugation of women, yet women are the densest fanatics of this stupid book called the bible!

human beings celebrated the day you were born. nawao
Re: Deaconess - What Qualify A Woman As One? by benedictac(f): 10:47am On Mar 02, 2009
Bleep-You:

Corinthians 14;35

Let me give you one
I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:

2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.

Rom.16:1-2

(1) (Reply)

Do All Good People Go To Heaven Or Stay On Earth / Is Pool Betting A Sin Before God? / FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.