Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,680 members, 7,809,575 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Do All Good People Go To Heaven Or Stay On Earth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do All Good People Go To Heaven Or Stay On Earth (4356 Views)

Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do All Good People Go To Heaven Or Stay On Earth by kieryn(f): 5:53am On May 16, 2010
Food for thought: If all good people go to heaven what happen to the earth?

1. God original purpose for the earth was for it to be cultivated and multiplied. And Adam and Eve were given this responsibility. And as long as they did so and were obedient they will live forever on earth. There reward was not heaven.

2. We pray let your will take place on earth as in heaven, isn't that "will" the original purpose for the earth

3. Psalms 37:11,29-Both speaks about inheriting and possessing the land. Is this land "earth".

4. David, who I believe was a "good" person did not go to heaven- Act 2:34. Where did he go?

5. What is meant by there be a "new heaven" and "new earth"

6. The earth was not created in vain but to be inhabited-Isaiah 45:18. Inhabited forever or for a short period of time?

This topic puzzles and intrigues me cause many talk about going to heaven yet it rarely discuss what happens to the earth. Did God simply created as a home for humans until afterlife? This has got me thinking and wondering do all good people go to heaven or what?

I am truly curious on how you all view this. Please share your views and interpretations.
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven Or Stay On Earth by smallman1: 6:13pm On May 17, 2010
very few people will go to heaven. the bible makes clear at revelation 14:1-5
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven Or Stay On Earth by Joagbaje(m): 1:10pm On May 19, 2010
kieryn:

Food for thought: If all good people go to heaven what happen to the earth?

1. God original purpose for the earth was for it to be cultivated and multiplied. And Adam and Eve were given this responsibility. And as long as they did so and were obedient they will live forever on earth. There reward was not heaven.

You are partially correct, We shall dwell on the earth forever, but we will get to heaven first. before we finally come back to dwell on the earth forever.

2. We pray let your will take place on earth as in heaven, isn't that "will" the original purpose for the earth

Not in the like you re looking at it. The spiritual realm controlls the material physical realm. Everything has taken place in the spiritual realm befre physical. We pray to align ourselves with what God has decreed . We are instrumental to enforce his will on earth now.Jesus did not just do things at will , he had to align himself with what the father was doing in the heavely realm.

John 5:19-20
Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. [20] For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

3. Psalms 37:11,29-Both speaks about inheriting and possessing the land. Is this land "earth".

4. David, who I believe was a "good" person did not go to heaven- Act 2:34. Where did he go?
He was in hades before but when jesus rose from the dead, he raise others also from the dead and took them to heaven. They are in heaven now.

Acts 2:27

Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

When Jesus went to hell , he brought them all out
Matthew 27:52-53
And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, [53] And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

And after this incidence , Jesus took them to heaven. They are in heaven now

At the close of the age, when all evil has been put down. There will be a new heaven and a new earth, where we and God will dwell forever.

6. The earth was not created in vain but to be inhabited-Isaiah 45:18. Inhabited forever or for a short period of time?

Forever
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven Or Stay On Earth by kieryn(f): 4:21pm On May 19, 2010
@joagbage

Interesting reply

You are partially correct, We shall dwell on the earth forever, but we will get to heaven first. before we finally come back to dwell on the earth forever.

I have never heard about going to heaven then going back to earth. Sure you did not make that up? why must we go to heaven if we can live here?

At the close of the age, when all evil has been put down. There will be a new heaven  and a new earth, where we and God will dwell forever.

[i]Isn't the new earth where righteous people will dwell? And new heaven God;s heavenly government? From what I understand.

Forever

So if all good people will go to heaven, then the earth will not be Inhabited forever.

Revelation 14:1-5 says only a few will go to heaven, as smallman quoted.
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven Or Stay On Earth by Ndipe(m): 11:03pm On May 19, 2010
Jesus Christ is building a Heavenly Kingdom (the New Jerusalem) that will descend from the Heavens to Earth where we (born-again Christians) will dwell forever. Read Revelation 21:2.

Maybe the arrival of God's Kingdom will be a fulfillment of this verse in the Lord's Prayer, "Thy Kingdom come."
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven Or Stay On Earth by kieryn(f): 2:56am On May 20, 2010
Am confused? So we would live both heaven and earth.
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven Or Stay On Earth by Joagbaje(m): 10:47am On May 20, 2010
There are several resusrections and several raptures or " catching ups". After a resurrection , there will be a catching up to heaven (rapture).
when Jesus rose from the dead , he was caught up to heaven with David and all the saints of old. He will come for the church also at the rapture. The dead in Christ will be raised and raptured to heaven first. Then we that are alive will be raptured to heaven also.

1 Thes. 4:16-17
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1 Cor. 15:22-24
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. [23] But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. [24] Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

At the rapture, we will be in heaven for 7 years while those left on the earth will be in 7 years period of tribulation. At the end of the seven years tribulation, we will come back to the earth with christ to fight for israel and deliver them from their enemy( anti christ). Then there will be a period of 1000 years of peace on earth. We the saints will reign with Christ onthe earth.After this, the devil who had been thrown into bottomless pit for 1000 years will be released for a short period again on the earth, he will go out to decieve some more people and this will lead to the final battle.of Gog and Maggog. All evil will finally end. There will be a new heaven and new earth. We and God will finally dwell forever in the new earth.

Rev. 20:6-8
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. [7] And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, [8] And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven Or Stay On Earth by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 20, 2010
Joagbaje:

John 5:19-20
Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. [20] For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

He was in hades before but when jesus rose from the dead, he raise others also from the dead and took them to heaven. They are in heaven now.
Acts 2:27

Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

When Jesus went to hell , he brought them all out.
Matthew 27:52-53
And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, [53] And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

And after this incidence , Jesus took them to heaven. They are in heaven now

Your lies are glamorous.
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven Or Stay On Earth by Joagbaje(m): 5:29pm On May 20, 2010
babaearly:

Your lies are glamorous.

Explain yourself with the bible or just keep quiet if you no nothing about this topic.

Proverbs 17:28
Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven Or Stay On Earth by kieryn(f): 4:48am On May 21, 2010
Joagbaje:

There are several resusrections and several raptures or " catching ups".  After a resurrection , there will be a catching up to heaven (rapture).
when Jesus rose from the dead , he was caught up to heaven with David and all the saints of old. He will come for the church also at the rapture. The dead in Christ will be raised and raptured to heaven first. Then we that  are alive will be raptured to heaven also.

1 Thes. 4:16-17
    For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1 Cor. 15:22-24
    For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. [23] But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. [24] Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

At the rapture, we will be in heaven for 7 years while those left on the earth will  be in[b] 7[/b] years period of tribulation. At the end of the seven years tribulation, we will come back to the earth with christ to fight for israel and deliver them from their enemy( anti christ). Then there will be a period of 1000 years of peace on earth. We the saints will reign with Christ onthe earth.After this, the devil who had been thrown into bottomless pit for 1000 years will be released for a short period again on the earth, he will go out to decieve some more people and this will lead to the final battle.of Gog and Maggog. All evil will finally end. There will be a new heaven and new earth. We and God  will finally dwell forever in the new earth.

Rev. 20:6-8
    Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. [7] And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, [8] And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Ahhhhgggg! Seven? How did you come up with that number? Why not 10 or 1000?
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven Or Stay On Earth by Joagbaje(m): 9:12am On May 21, 2010
I will respond with scriptural references soon
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven Or Stay On Earth by SethJr: 8:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
Do All Good People Go to Heaven? AFTER Jesus’ final meal with his apostles on the evening before his execution, Jesus promised to reward them with a place in heaven. He said: “In the house of my Father there are many abodes. Otherwise, I would have told you, because I am going my way to prepare a place for you.” ( ) Why would Jesus provide them a place in heaven? What will they do there? Jesus had in mind a special assignment for his disciples. During that same evening, he said: “You are the ones that have stuck with me in my trials; and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom.” ( ) God had promised Jesus that he would be the King who would provide for one of mankind’s greatest needs—good government. Jesus will save people from affliction and will crush those defrauding them. Although Jesus will have subjects extending “to the ends of the earth,” his throne will be in heaven.— . However, Jesus will not rule alone. Hence, he promised his apostles a place in heaven. They were the first ones chosen to “rule as kings over the earth.”— . How many go to heaven? As in any government, the rulers in God’s heavenly Kingdom are few in comparison with all the people who live under its authority. To those who will rule with him, Jesus said: “Have no fear, little flock, because your Father has approved of giving you the kingdom.” ( ) That “little flock” will finally number 144,000. ( ) That number is small in comparison with the millions who will enjoy endless life on earth as loyal subjects of the Kingdom.— . Thus, not all good people go to heaven. About good King David, the apostle Peter plainly said: “David did not ascend to the heavens.” ( ) John the Baptist was a good man. Yet, Jesus indicated that he would not be exalted to rule as a king in heaven. “Among those born of women,” Jesus said, “there has not been raised up a greater than John the Baptist; but a person that is a lesser one in the kingdom of the heavens is greater than he is.”— . Will You Receive the Reward of Good People? To receive the reward of living forever on earth, what must a person do? Jesus said: “God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.” ( ) Notice that God’s love for the world leads him to make everlasting life available to all, but only those “exercising faith” actually receive that reward. Faith needs to be based on accurate knowledge. ( ) You can demonstrate that you are a good person by learning more about God's purpose for man. Respond in faith to what you learn. And be assured that the opportunity of life without end is really open to you. [Box on page 7] What Does the Bible Say? Question: What happens to good people at their death? Answer: “As for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.” — . Question: What hope do good people have for the future? Answer: “The hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his [ Jesus’ ] voice and come out.” — . Question: Where will the majority of good people live? Answer: “The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.” — .
Re: Do All Good People Go To Heaven Or Stay On Earth by sendmeonly(m): 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2015
[quote author=kieryn post=6043822]Food for thought: If all good people go to heaven what happen to the earth?

This topic puzzles and intrigues me cause many talk about going to heaven yet it rarely discuss what happens to the earth. Did God simply created as a home for humans until afterlife? This has got me thinking and wondering do all good people go to heaven or what?

I am truly curious on how you all view this. Please share your views and interpretations.

Peace,
In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, in the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ now and forever more. AMEN

Good to have a hungry spirit for the word of God-"Blessed are those who hunger and taste for righteousness for they shall be filled, also seek first the Kingdom of God and its righteousness and all other thing shall be added unto you"

Now, you have to open your ear, mind and spirit as the Father imparts something more than gold, first, you hear from the scriptures that God is a spirit, and they that Worship Him must Worship him in spirit and in truth, also the scriptures make us to understand that the testimony of our Lord Jesus Christ is the Spirit of prophecy. Without further ado, surely the prayer of Our Lord Jesus Christ is to let Gods will be done on earth as it is in heaven, so, when you have that fulfilled why gaze to the sky and expect a heaven? and that was why HE told us HE was gonna send us another Comforter to lead us to the accurate knowledge of truth and show us things to come: perhaps Gods original place, be for satan tempted Eve(Our Fathers original purpose was to teach man all things before they fell too soon) , certainly in my opinion the earth was meant to be heaven or like heaven. refer to our Lord's prayers. My sister, although it may seem vague from this points but we either make our heaven on this earth and viz a viz, otherwise why is death the last enemy to be conquered? And if death is conquered, where does the body stay? earth of course! Adam's sin brought death while Our Lord Jesus Christs's birth brought redemption for man to take His rightful position only if He would abide by the concept of mortifying the flesh, that is living completely for God and fulfilling our obligation to God.
Mark 9:1 or acting or towing the same way in sin and receiving our due recompense.
In conclusion read 1 Corinthians 15:45-58,may God Bless His words, Amen
In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, In the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ now and forever. Amen
Thank You Father

(1) (Reply)

Is Pool Betting A Sin Before God? / FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) / What Destroy Life ! Youth Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.