Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Once Upon A Time - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Once Upon A Time (23776 Views)

A Time To Kill By John Grisham Review / A Time That Died - A Short Story / Sisi - A Once Upon A Time Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
'...It was some minuted to
Nine.'
was meant to be, 'It was some minutes to Nine.'

Qwerty thingy. And editing with Opera mini is definitely not the best on Nokia phones.
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
Teebashy:
I hope so
I did, now. Howdy? I asked for something. Send directly- exclude Nairaland's way. It doesn't work.
Divepen1, done.
Re: Once Upon A Time by Teebashy(f): 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
thronekid:
I did, now. Howdy? I asked for something. Send directly- exclude Nairaland's way.
seriously I did not av ur email
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 27, 2015
Teebashy:
seriously I did not av ur email
Okay. My cell number- +2349022343684
Re: Once Upon A Time by Teebashy(f): 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
thronekid:
Okay. My cell number
Alryt
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
Royver... One of the few nairalanders that force me out of my cocoon. Nice one as always. # respect boss.

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 5:30am On Jun 28, 2015
Teebashy:

Alryt
Something came up, please.
Now, it's +2348179202689
Re: Once Upon A Time by Brymo: 11:55pm On Jun 29, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
cry cry
hey what's up? Ow r u faring? The hausas would say kwana biu?
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nimen(m): 4:17am On Jun 30, 2015
Definitely following... Might drop something later sha
Re: Once Upon A Time by 5minsmadness: 12:10am On Jul 12, 2015
It was a hotdark night.

Michael and Desmond were hiding in a particularly thick part of the woods, waiting for thier victims to pass by so they could be ambushed and raped. It was lonely along the bushpath at this time of the night and on more than one occassion girls had been raped at this very point so much so that the local vigilantee had sent out a warning for ladies never to cross this path at night especially when they were alone. But there were always the recalcitrant ones, the stubborn girls that felt they were untouchable or had some sort of divine protection. Every once in a while such girls still fell prey to the young boys of the underworld who waited paitently for thier victims like hunters waiting for thier prey.

Tonight Desmond watched Michael apprehensively as the latter smoked a roll of high grade indain hemp to prepare himself for the mission. Desmond would have done the same as well but he needed a clear head to think of how to save Bisi from his colleague. He prayed silently and fervently that somehow the whole plan would be a flop and Joy would be sensible enough not to follow Bisi out into the dark night. He just couldnt see himself raping Bisi, he adored her so much. Damn his shyness, he ought to have approached her ages ago.

Michael took another puff of weed, glanced at Desmond, and offered him some. Desmond waved it off.

"Guy, you no wan high tonight? Make you enjoy yasef o, no be evereytime we dey hammer two chicks at once. I even hear say this Joy girl na virgin" He added with an grin.

"Not tonight bros, I don fortify myself before we comot for house wit that thing wey that mallam give us to bullala woman so no worries." Desmond retorted and forced himself to grin back though he hated every word that came out of his mouth. Funny how he was feeling so guilty this time, after all this wasnt his first raping mission.
b
Michael eyed him cunningly and took another puff. "Okay oooo, suit yourself!" He paused, then, "I go do that Bisi girl before the joy sef. That girl too dey form sef!"

He watched in satisfaction as Desmond winced but pretended not to notice. His hand went to his hip where he carressed the loaded gun by his side lovingly.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Once Upon A Time by 5minsmadness: 12:36am On Jul 12, 2015
Joy was still wiping the tears from her eyes when she heard a knock on the door. For an irrational moment hher heart skipped a beat as she thought maybe somehow Emeka had decided to return and spend the night with her. But the feminine voice at the door put an end to those foolish thoughts.

"Oya Joy, Open up na! I know you are in there!" Bisi enthused.

Joy cleaned whatever moisture was left on her face and hurried to open the door. What could Bisi want at this late hour?

She opened the door to see Bisi grinning mischeviously in her doorway. For a split second it looked as if she had been crying as well. But then again maybe it was just the way the light shone in her eyes.

"Bisi! what do you want? I hope you are not playing traunt this time of the night again?" Joy admonished.

Joy kind of liked Bisi. Kind of because Joy hardly ever took a liking to any member of the female species. she always felt they were emotional busybodies, always prying thier noses where it didnt belong. the fact that she herself was a girl didnt deter her from this line of reasoning as she always felt she was meant to be a boy but had just come out as a girl. In fact the only time she felt like a girl was when she was around Emeka...

"Which one you dey look me like fowl na?" Bisi's words cut through her daydreaming like knife through butter. "Will you help me or not?"

"Huh?" Joy asked, blinking her eyes confusedly.

Bisi rolled her eyes. "I want to go and visit one of my boyfriends on the other side of the street. He promised me some delicious delicacies if I come to his place tonight. I would have gone earlier but i got caught up with house chores. I snuck out of the house as it is. I dnot want to go alone through the bushpath, and you are the only girl I know who can take care of me like a boy so please please please will you help me?"

"Ha, Bisi!" Joy said, glancing at the clock on her wall. it was a few minutes past nine. "Its quite late oh...and i was watching a movie...I dot think i will be able to help you tonight. Why dont postpone this your visit to tomorrow? Its quite dark."

Bisi frowned deeply. she couldnt risk not going through with the plan tonight, Eye would be more than cross with her and might repeal her membership at the Loyal hoes cult. she decided to be more persuading.

"He said its tonight or i shoud forget it!" She retorted and began to cry. "We...we have already postponed this meeting for two nights in a row now eh, what is all this? Well, if you dont want to follow me fine, I'll go by myself, but if anything happens to me its on your head oh!" So saying she turned away and began walking.

she almost thought Joy was going to let her leave but a few seconds later she heard a deep sigh and "Come back here jo." Bisi grinned and turned back on her heels to see Joy putting on her sandals.

"We'll be quick o, cos its already late." Joy grumbled as she shut her door and followed the smiling Bisi towards the bushpath. Bisi heaved a secret sigh of relief, glad that her plan had worked. She had been depending on Joy's kind and caring heart not to let her go alone and her hunch had paid off. the plan was woring perfectly and Eye would be pleased with her...

...so why did she suddenly feel so guilty?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Once Upon A Time by 5minsmadness: 12:37am On Jul 12, 2015
Sorry bro royver, cant think of anything else to add at the moment.
Next pesin tongue
Re: Once Upon A Time by emperorfidel(m): 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
I wish I was as good as all the writers that have written, I would have dropped a piece. So loving this.
Re: Once Upon A Time by emperorfidel(m): 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
I saw thronekid and Galaxdiva reading a thread, the time is 8:49 pm.

Am bored and I gotta leave the world of Earth's Invasion and Debt from Home to catch some fresh air and Rouyver' s thread is just the perfect place to chill.

The girls stepped into the cold night, walking side by side. They followed a bush path which Bisi had suggested was the closest route to their destination. Joy had stressed that the path was not safe at night but had hesitatingly given in.

The sky was a black sheet that engulfed the town. A canopy of luminous stars materialized amongst the ocean of blackness. Some were dull, merely flickering into existence every now and then, but there was an adequate amount of shimmering stars to illuminate the dark moonless night.

The rustles of leaves as a faint wind brushed against trees, the chirping sounds of crickets, the occasional hoot of a hidden owl and the slapping sounds of thier feet against the ground were the only sounds that permeated the silent night.

Joy sensed Bisi was unusually quiet. She had expected her to be excited and wordy, that mood that a girl depicts when she was going to see a cherished date, but she was none of this. Joy assumed that the partially illuminated night must have spurred her uneasiness and she held her palm into hers in a comforting way. She noticed that Bisi's palm was oddly sweaty. Who would be sweating under such a cold night?

"You are sweating, hope nothing is wrong with you? You can always count on me to help " Bisi thought she sounded like her ever caring mother.

" I feel great. Just not used to sneaking out at night to to see a guy." Bisi replied in a voice that she had rarely recognized.

Joy assuaged her uneased mind with bold but assured talks of thier safety. She pleaded with her not to waste precious time with her guy, they would need to get home on time before the community vigilantes took duty. Bisi nodded in the affirmative.

She hated herself now. She was nothing short of a dark Judas, what had even prompted her to accept this reckless mission of betrayal? Here, Joy was busy showing her love amd comfort and all she could to reciprocate the gesture was to lead her to her slaughter house. Every single step forward lead them close to the garden of Gethsamane. The guilt ate at her and suddenly, she developed cold feet.

"I think we should go back. " Bisi said, her throat was almost dry.

"I am not complaining," Joy replied in her usual confident boyish tone.

There was a sudden movement behind them amd an owl ommited a screech of protest and took flight.

Bisi nearly took to her heels had Joy not held her hands strongly. Her heart was pounding at a very fast rate against her chest, Bisi wondered if Joy could hear her pounding heart. She was really acting paranoid, Joy aptly observed.

"Do not be afraid my friend, it was just an owl, " Joy comforted again.

Then, out of the corner of her eyes, Joy saw the shadows. .....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once Upon A Time by Pukka36(f): 10:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
Hmmm,nice update!

M'not a writer Oembarassed...Buh I observed all the writers r trying to avoid the scene that is about to happenlipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time by Emodeee: 11:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
Pukka36:
Hmmm,nice update!

M'not a writer Oembarassed...Buh I observed all the writers r trying to avoid the scene that is about to happenlipsrsealed

Pukka36 toh fine.
How do u do?
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 4:12am On Jul 13, 2015
Wonderful jobs.
I'll drop the next update later.
Re: Once Upon A Time by emperorfidel(m): 5:58am On Jul 13, 2015
can someone leave the actions for me pls? I am addicted to actions. ......
Re: Once Upon A Time by 5minsmadness: 9:57am On Jul 13, 2015
LarrySun:
Awesome! cheesy

Well done Royver, Divepen1 and Thronekid.
Oga sir when will u post your own
I enjoy your writing style
Re: Once Upon A Time by 5minsmadness: 10:01am On Jul 13, 2015
stuff46:

Booking space to drop something here? cheesy
Need to read some of your writings!
Bros mi I don drop o grin
How u see am? embarassed
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 13, 2015
emperorfidel:
can someone leave the actions for me pls? I am addicted to actions. ......
You are free, bro. I give my slot.
Re: Once Upon A Time by AkadeBlessedemmy(m): 11:02am On Jul 13, 2015
...But she became restless because his brother started laughing and giggling as if he had gone mad. She looked at him amazed, slapped his face, and...
Re: Once Upon A Time by emperorfidel(m): 11:49am On Jul 13, 2015
typing......
Re: Once Upon A Time by emperorfidel(m): 12:54am On Jul 14, 2015
after typing for 2hours, everything is wiped. Am mad, I give up!
Re: Once Upon A Time by dimssy(m): 1:39am On Jul 14, 2015
Please dont *kneels*
emperorfidel:
after typing for 2hours, everything is wiped. Am mad, I give up!
Re: Once Upon A Time by emperorfidel(m): 9:44am On Jul 14, 2015
dimssy:
Please dont *kneels*
I will try this morning.
Re: Once Upon A Time by Princesschi(f): 9:28pm On Jul 17, 2015
This suspense is killing already...
Yea i've seen d shadows too tongue
Whoz next lipsrsealed

Weldone all d writers, God bless ur banks of knowledge, y'all won't run dry.
Re: Once Upon A Time by write2obi(m): 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
Princesschi:
This suspense is killing already...
Yea i've seen d shadows too tongue
Whoz next lipsrsealed

Weldone all d writers, God bless ur banks of knowledge, y'all won't run dry.
U'are next

Now don't keep us waiting tongue
Re: Once Upon A Time by Princesschi(f): 11:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
write2obi:

U'are next

Now don't keep us waiting tongue

Lols, I'll pretend I dint see dat grin tongue
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 18, 2015
Joy wasn't sure whether it was the owl screech she heard again or Bisi's screams as she looked towards the direction of the movement she had seen in those shadows. Puzzled she looked back at Bisi who was physically trembling now, her mouth open but no sound coming out.
" Bisi ....why are you shaking" said Joy. As she turned to face her she caught a whiff of something but before she could gather her senses a hand covered her mouth so tightly she thought her jaw would break as another arm dragged her kicking with muffled screams down the footpath.

wink

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time by Royver(m): 5:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
5minsmadness:
Sorry bro royver, cant think of anything else to add at the moment.
Next pesin tongue

No wahala, you have done well cheesy

emperorfidel , salsera, Welldone!

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time by Lawconfessor(f): 11:36am On Aug 01, 2015
#dancing #dancing #singing #new month is here #August is here again and #12th is around d corner- thank u Jesus for someone's life...Royver do u concur?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Reunion....(A Short Story) / Nneka Arimah, Chikodili Emelumadu & Arinze Ifeakandu Nominated For Caine Prize / Emmanuel Okoli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.