Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Once Upon A Time - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Once Upon A Time (23771 Views)

A Time To Kill By John Grisham Review / A Time That Died - A Short Story / Sisi - A Once Upon A Time Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once Upon A Time by Royver(m): 11:52am On Aug 01, 2015
Lawconfessor:
#dancing #dancing #singing #new month is here #August is here again and #12th is around d corner- thank u Jesus for someone's life...Royver do u concur?
grin
i concur!
Happpy New Month Dearie!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Once Upon A Time by Royver(m): 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
"Don't be too rough on her!" Bisi whispered to the boy beside her. She immediately recognised Desmond, Michael's roomate and friend. It was dark so she coudnt see the other guy's face clearly but sher knew it was Michael alright. He was the one Eye usually sent to do her dirty work. She watched, her heart beating fast as Michael dragged the now limp form of Joy into the forest.

"Go, Bisi. Go now!" Desmond urged.

"Wait, lemme tell mike to take it easy on her..."

"Listen to me you stupid girl and do as I say!" Desmond's harsh words cut through her like a knife. She had always known him to be the quiet sort and suspected he had a crush on her. These harsh words from him were very unexpected and threw her off balance.

"Its just rape you guys are going to rape her right? nothing more, right?" She asked foolishly.

"Get out of here!" Desmond shouted.

"To where?" Micheal interjected, coming out of the bush where he had placed Joy's unconscious body. "Where is she going to? Or are you saying you have forgotten our instructions already?"

"What instructions?" Bisi queried

Desmond stood up to his full height and turned to face Michael.

"You will not touch her!" He said, clenching and unclenching his fists menacingy. Michael laughed.

"Not only will I touch, I will lick, suck and Bleep the hell out of her!" He whispered harshly, his eyes glinting evilly in the dark. "You think I didnt see your reaction when I told you Bisi was going to be raped as well? You think your love for her is a well guarded secret? Man, you are an open book! Easily readable!"

"Wait, rape me?" Bisi stammered and started backing away, "why? what did I do?"

"Eye's orders" Michael responded and started to approach her. Desmond stood to block his path and Michael whipped out the gun from his waist.

"Try me." He said,still smiling.

Desmond balked when he saw the gun. He had never seen michael handle a gun before. Ususally when they went on such missions they carried axes or cutlasses and daggers to threathen their prey but never guns. He watched as Michael handled the gun deflty.

"Guy..." he began

"Bleep, I think I'll just shoot you sef and kill bisi then run off before anybody comes around. It will be too late before anyone comes sef, they'll even be too scared to venture out of thier homes. Maybe that's what I'll do and save myself some unnecessary stress!" Michael said, gritting his teeth and smiling evilly.
When Bisi saw the gun her mind went blank with panic. She knew Michael was a dangerous guy and wouldnt hesitate to use it. she could still smell the hemp in the air and knew he was high as well. a dangerous combination, doped up mike and a gun. She began to whimper but mike hissed

"Shut up! I'm not goood for you abi? I'm not up to your level shey?"

"Mike, I'm begging you, please let me go...I swear I wont tell anybody..." she cried going to her knees.

Desmond decided to act fast and made to lunge for the gun. To his surprise Mike reacted faster and turned the gun away, at the same time a dagger flashed and blood spurted down Desmond's arm. He yelled and pulled away but not before Michael stabbed him once in the belly. He fell to his knees, clutching his bleeding belly with his right hand while his left bled profusely. Before he could regain himself Mike had stepped away from them both and pointed the gun at Bisi's head.

"You fools think I'm to be played with? Stupid, stupid!" he was almost shouting now. The bushpath became more quiet as the nocturnal animals became silent at the sound of this superior predator.

"Bisi, get up and walk to where I kept Joy's body. Desmond, follow behind her. Any stupid moves by any of you and I will shoot the other person. Now move!"

Bisi got up still whimpering and sobbbing and walked towards Joy's body and Desmond got up and followed behind her. Michael followed them both,his gun trained and ready until they reached where Joy was. Michael positioned himself on a big stone and sat down. He looked at both of them and grinnned.

"Now we are going to have a little fun. There's no point raping Joy for now cos she's still unconscious, she wont feel it, talkless of remembering it, and it isnt rape if she can't remember anything right?" He chuckled to himself. "We have to wait for the drug to wear off. In the meantime we'll entertain ourselves."

Desmond eyed him warily. His stomach had stopped bleeding at least externally and the knife cut in his hand was beginning to clot. Bisi stood beside Joy, her whole body trembling violently.

"Desmond my man, we are going to start with your babe first. And by we, I mean you. I want you to Bleep this woman good while I watch."

3 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time by dimssy(m): 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2015
What a bad idea....anyway,the next update is October 1 abi?
Re: Once Upon A Time by write2obi(m): 8:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
dimssy:
What a bad idea....anyway,the next update is October 1 abi?
You can make it tonight if you want to grin
Roy i sight you wink
Re: Once Upon A Time by mabelly: 9:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
Good evening great writers, my name is Mabelly, an astute reader of Nairaland and its literatures. I recently launched my own website and i’m hoping to have a literature segment where stories will be published for the viewing pleasure of the public.

After going through some of the literatures on here and the great talents that abound, I decided to humbly use this medium to request for your stories to be published on my website. Every story will be credited to the writer with his or her name written at the bottom with due publicity.
For more info, Here is my contact... mabelly001atgmaildotcom
Thanks
Re: Once Upon A Time by LarrySun(m): 10:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
The poor young man could not accommodate this feeling of affection anymore. He was madly enamoured by Bisi, and he was at the breaking point. He would soon grow a pot-belly if he continued keeping this feelings within him. His tongue had always proved how disloyal it could be each time he was around Bisi, even more rebellious whenever he was ready to confess to the gorgeous girl how her beauty always sent his ventricles afflutter.

But everything was going to change tonight; a pen and a piece of paper would do what his useless tongue could not do; he wondered what was the use of having a tongue if it couldn't serve to woo a lady you love. Anyways, thank God for old invention of scrawling since God gave Moses those tablets on Mount what's-its-name.

Emeka sat down and began writing; his handwriting wasn't the best in the world but he possessed enough sticky saliva to seal the envelope of grammatical constructions. And he prided himself on his oeuvre of imaginative romantic metaphors that were bound to set Bisi's heart on track. When he was through, he didn't have the slightest bit of doubt that Cinderella would fall in love had she received such letter from a hunchbacked banshee. He ended the letter with 'Yours ever in love', his soubriquet under, and a ridiculous drawing of an arrow piercing a heart that looked like a pair of two breasts. He incarcerated the letter in an envelope, stuck the brown envelope in his back pocket. Destination: Bisi's abode. He was going to push this love letter into Bisi's room through the crack under her door. Then he would bolt like hell back home to spend the night awake, duly fantasizing, picturing Bisi giggling with glee as her beautiful pair of eyes followed every line he had carefully composed. Besides, nobody must know that he had used this rather old-fashioned method to captivate the linchpin of his heart. And if Bisi turned down his request, he was sunk. He might even go as far as jumping off a cliff, if he had any cliff from which jump.

He walked in the cold night seeing the cup half-empty. What if Bisi tore the letter before reading? What if she was already in love with someone else? What if the letter didn't contain the magic word to enchant her? What if—? There were enough what-ifs to float the Titanic. He just had to deliver the letter and hope for the best.

A few metres away from his destination, he saw Bisi come out of her room and walked urgently into an adjacent street. Emeka was confused? Where would she be going at this time? It was almost nine o'clock. He thought about depositing the letter through the crack of her door as he had planned; she would return to find it there. But Emeka, the incurable pessimist he was, thought Bisi was going to see a boyfriend.

Jealous and curious at the same time, he tailed her.

3 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time by Royver(m): 10:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
LarrySun:
The poor young man could not accommodate this feeling of affection anymore. He was madly enamoured by Bisi, and he was at the breaking point. He would soon grow a pot-belly if he continued keeping this feelings within him. His tongue had always proved how disloyal it could be each time he was around Bisi, even more rebellious whenever he was ready to confess to the gorgeous girl how her beauty always sent his ventricles afflutter.

But everything was going to change tonight; a pen and a piece of paper would do what his useless tongue could not do; he wondered what was the use of having a tongue if it couldn't serve to woo a lady you love. Anyways, thank God for old invention of scrawling since God gave Moses those tablets on Mount what's-its-name.

Emeka sat down and began writing; his handwriting wasn't the best in the world but he possessed enough sticky saliva to seal the envelope of grammatical constructions. And he prided himself on his oeuvre of imaginative romantic metaphors that were bound to set Bisi's heart on track. When he was through, he didn't have the slightest bit of doubt that Cinderella would fall in love had she received such letter from a hunchbacked banshee. He ended the letter with 'Yours ever in love', his soubriquet under, and a ridiculous drawing of an arrow piercing a heart that looked like a pair of two breasts. He incarcerated the letter in an envelope, stuck the brown envelope in his back pocket. Destination: Bisi's abode. He was going to push this love letter into Bisi's room through the crack under her door. Then he would bolt like hell back home to spend the night awake, duly fantasizing, picturing Bisi giggling with glee as her beautiful pair of eyes followed every line he had carefully composed. Besides, nobody must know that he had used this rather old-fashioned method to captivate the linchpin of his heart. And if Bisi turned down his request, he was sunk. He might even go as far as jumping off a cliff, if he had any cliff from which jump.

He walked in the cold night seeing the cup half-empty. What if Bisi tore the letter before reading? What if she was already in love with someone else? What if the letter didn't contain the magic word to enchant her? What if—? There were enough what-ifs to float the Titanic. He just had to deliver the letter and hope for the best.

A few metres away from his destination, he saw Bisi come out of her room and walked urgently into an adjacent street. Emeka was confused? Where would she be going at this time? It was almost nine o'clock. He thought about depositing the letter through the crack of her door as he had planned; she would return to find it there. But Emeka, the incurable pessimist he was, thought Bisi was going to see a boyfriend.

Jealous and curious at the same time, he tailed her.

And the genius himself, Sir Larrysun, finally makes an appearance!
Nice one Sir cheesy
Re: Once Upon A Time by LarrySun(m): 10:53pm On Aug 02, 2015
Making careful sure that he was not spotted, Emeka followed the only person in the world he could die for. But his heart kept beating repeatedly as he the significance of his pessimistic muse occurred to him. He would be devastated if Bisi was truly seeing a boyfriend. God help the guy if he saw him! He would pound him until he stopped to catch his breath. He believed one thing about love; you had to fight for it to get it. Whatever his tongue could not do, whatever a pen and paper could not achieve, surely his fists would go a long way. Not on Bisi, but on that unfortunate being who was unlucky enough to date his Bisi. There were billions of girls out there in the world; every girl was created for a guy. Bisi was the cover of his pot, she was the fire that always made his kettle sing. Anyone who tried to come between them would be a hostile. And you sure as hell don't welcome hostiles with open arms.

But he frowned with more confusion as he followed Bisi; she was taking a familiar route—this was the way to Joy's house. Was she going to Joy's? Why? What's so special that could not wait till morning? He shrugged and followed still. His mind was at ease now. He had confirmed that Bisi wasn't seeing a boyfriend; she was seeing a friend. If he knew she was a lesbian, he would have his suspicions. Prurient suspicions.

Maybe he didn't even need to slip the letter through her door. He could give her as soon as she was through with Joy. He could even accompany her safely back to her house. He smiled. For the first time, Emeka was seeing the glass half-full. But it was all hallucination, there wasn't any glass at all.

A few minutes later, he spotted Bisi and Joy come out of the house. Both ladies were taking a strange path. This wasn't the way back to Bisi's house? Tonight, evrything was going wrong in leaps and bounds. He saw them take a bush path. Where the hell were these girls going at this time?

Gracious God!

Emeka followed them.

3 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time by LarrySun(m): 11:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
Royver:

And the genius himself, Sir Larrysun, finally makes an appearance!
Nice one Sir cheesy
Thank you, boss. cheesy I'm just displaying, by rote, what I learnt at your feet. God bless you for creating such an amazing thread. I had always been too engaged with personal stuff to participate, but not anymore. Besides, I like the directions the story is heading. You, including the other writer, have done a terrific job. This is a place to have fun after every hectic day.

Let's see who will update next.

Kitme, I see you ma'am. I hope you are cooking something hot. wink
Re: Once Upon A Time by Kitme(f): 11:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
LarrySun:
Thank you, boss. cheesy I'm just displaying, by rote, what I learnt at your feet. God bless you for creating such an amazing thread. I had always been too engaged with personal stuff to participate, but not anymore. Besides, I like the directions the story is heading. You, including the other writer, have done a terrific job. This is a place to have fun after every hectic day.

Let's see who will update next.

Kitme, I see you ma'am. I hope you are cooking something hot. wink
Looooool.....I'm here to observe and learn too.
I would join once it enters my head.
Re: Once Upon A Time by dimssy(m): 11:51am On Aug 03, 2015
Kitme,i sight you
Re: Once Upon A Time by profsomebody(m): 2:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
I'm not a writer but I adore d likes of chistar01, Royver, LarrySun, Divepen, Kingzpen et all. So, for d love of the above, I do this. Pardon my botches pls.
Continuation....
Now that Joy is involved, Emeka knew he needed to borrow some Jack Bauer secret agent skills to remain undetected because he knew how sensitive Joy is. He kept following, stopping at interval, hiding behind shades and keeping a safe distance from Joy and Bisi to prevent them from noticing his footsteps. He became alarmed when he saw the girls divert to the dreaded bush path popularly known as DIJU FOREST. DIJU wasn't actually a forest but the reason they called it so was something he couldn't decipher. He was so concerned about Bisi's safety that he almost forgot he was still acting as a detective; He felt like shouting out to the girls to stop but he kept his cool. He kept trailing and at some point he stopped paying attention to his path and fell due to the heavy rainfall that tormented the town earlier in the day. It was a painful experience but he made sure to make no sound so as not to botch his plans. He rose as quickly as he could but by then the girls were already out of sight. He increased his pace and in a short while, he saw three figures. He could make out for Bisi's face and he saw her with two strange guys. His heart was torn into shreds as it was then clear his crush had another. He was ready to go for the fight but just as he was about to make the move, he asked himself "Where is Joy?". Just then, he discovered the two guys were in a heated argument about rape and he heard Bisi pleading. "This is the best moment for me to win Bisi's heart" he thought to himself. He quickly activated the Bruce Lee in him and was about moving out of his hiding to help when he discovered something that sent cold shivers down his spine... Michael brought out a gun...
He so dearly wished to be the hero here but not at the detriment of his life. He retraced his footsteps and ran as fast as he could to call the local vigilantes....

2 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time by Divepen1(m): 6:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
Joy moaned and breathed out with force. Her head was pounding terribly, and acheing as if a plank was used to hit it. Cold air rushed into every pore of her body, making her teeth clatter.
' Come on, Mike,' Someone snarled,' are you afraid of sleeping with your crush? Oh! I see you are afraid of staining her with your blood- that blood of angel michael'.
Joy, then, remembered where she was and how she got there. If they left her there, something else was up. She had to leave that place immediately.
She bent her head to a side, slightly opened her eyes and saw the torchlight flooding the back of someone she had seen before.
' Please', Bisi's shrilled voice came from the floor she was lying.
' Come on move forward'.
Suddenly, a cannister dropped beside her, and rolled towards her. Unconsciously, she pushed it away with her feet. The cannister rolled away and hit a stone, disturbing the peace of the night.
' Oh! You are awake, you...' The person holding torchlight started to say, but smoke- rather, gas- broke out of the cannister. The guy coughed. Bisi, and The other guy also coughed.
Knowing she have to pretend she was still unconscious, Joy laid there on the floor, but the gas penetrated into her lungs. The effect destroyed every resistance she had. She just could not take anymore as she coughed.
Blood began to drain out of her head, and she was going unconscious again. The gas choked her. She opened her mouth for fresh air, but the air was stuffy. Her eyes widened as she fought the effect, trying not to lose control, even her voice could only come out in a whispering state.
Someone came towards her, and she gave up, closing her eyes.

Emeka was angry. Angry at himself for not being tatical. Angry that he came back to call the vigilantes when he could have done something to save Bisi and Joy.
Also, he was angry at the vigilantes. When he got to them, they were fast asleep. He woke them vigorously, shouted and hit them but they slept on like logs of wood.
The cold air flushed the little warmth he had within, and he shook vigorously, holding himself as he wondered what he would do.
Emeka ran back to the house. He knew he just had to equip himself, and nothing more.
He ran into the house. Ran back outside. Ran in again, to the kitchen. His head was not just helping him coordinate the numerous thought pouring in.
He opted for the knife, and on a second thought, he picked the pestle and ran like wild fire out of the house.Unknowingly, knocking down the kerosene lantern that was on the table.
He was even faster than he imagined.
When he was near the area, he screeched to a halt, and crawled to the site.
The torchlight was rolling here and there on the floor like a pendulum. The place was in grave silence except for chirping from small insects. The sky rumbled.
Nobody was moving. They were all lying on the floor. Emeka moved nearer, and quickly tuck the letter into pocket deeply. He does not want it to get lost as he would need it after he saved Bisi and Joy.
Blood from his body made his skins fragile as if a single noise would tear them apart as he moved near the site. They were all unconscious. He looked at the floor again. They were supposed to be four. He hurriedly picked the torch and pointed it at the lady's face.
' Where's Bisi?' He muttered.
Suddenly, three things happened at the same time.
Something shuffled behind him, he hurriedly turned but could not see what it was before someone closed his nose with a handkerchief, he fought the hand but could not win the person.
Police siren sent the little peace that was in the air scampering.
And the rain started.

2 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time by Kitme(f): 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
Dive just killed it....Me likey
Nice work guys!
Dimssy, you're sighted too.

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time by Divepen1(m): 9:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
Kitme:
Dive just killed it....Me likey Nice work guys! Dimssy, you're sighted too.
When will you drop yours...
Re: Once Upon A Time by Divepen1(m): 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
Kitme:
Dive just killed it....Me likey Nice work guys! Dimssy, you're sighted too.
When will you drop yours...
Re: Once Upon A Time by oghenekome51(f): 3:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
oya o! Oga writers come and drop something o!
Re: Once Upon A Time by gentlelily(f): 9:08pm On Aug 06, 2015
Hmmm so interesting and captivating,please greatest nairaland writers don't stop
Re: Once Upon A Time by DzTzl(f): 8:00am On Aug 18, 2015
Any news?
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
The sound of the siren jolted Eye and she put her phone down. This game would have to wait she thought to herself as she scampered off her bed to close her windows as the breeze from the rain had given her goosebumps.

'So because of ordinary rain they took light abi?' she mumbled to herself as she struggled with the window latch. As she turned back to face her bed she stole a glance at the clock on her wall. It was 35minutes past 10pm, she grinned to herself the boys should be done by now. Good.
I want to see how confident Joy will be now as for Bisi oh well shi.t happens.

She could have sworn she smelt something burning,
'Emeka!'
'Emeka! What did you leave on the gas cooker oo?, she shouted. No answer

This brother of mine will not kill me, she hissed under her breath, as she put her slippers on, rushed out of her room and raced down the corridor.
Re: Once Upon A Time by oghenekome51(f): 1:39pm On Aug 26, 2015
Still following o! Thanks for d updates buh pls we want more!
Re: Once Upon A Time by hujaj: 10:59pm On Aug 26, 2015
eyes refuses to close, perhaps cus of next update.
Re: Once Upon A Time by Jackossky(m): 1:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
Umm sorry am an upcoming writter but I just have to drop this
On getting to d kitchen,the stew was already burning and where the hell is her brother"she knows her brother has a thing for Bisi which she couldn't decipher.she drop the pot downnfrom the stove and turned off the stove"where is emeka,he don't usually goes out at night or is he in the room,she went towards the room and searched the room but she couldn't yet find his brother she felt panick ,after the death of their mother there is no one to cater for them and their fathers salary is not stable...she went to her room and turned on her phone to call her brother but her brother's phone is switch off what could have happened.
Emeka never switch off his phone because he treat his phone as his lover .......she tried to call joy but remembered the hatred and conspiracy she already had for joy. She just dropped her phone on the bed and tried to console herself "tomorrow he will be back" maybe he went for an impromptu meeting....lost in her thought her phone was ringing but the heavy rain did not help the matter

" the sirens of the police were blaring and all the vigilante were all alert
Desmond kept calling eye but she was not answering her phone,Desmond thought of what to do the tear gas are not helping matters it seems as if he cannot breathe again" he wanted to use his last strength to shoot Bisi as he was about to pull the trigger

2 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time by Opeoluwa99(f): 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2015
*takes a look at the writers list and whisper* please where's oga kingzpen?
Re: Once Upon A Time by KingzPen(m): 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
Opeoluwa99:
*takes a look at the writers list and whisper* please where's oga kingzpen?
Hez sleeping...

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 1:37am On Aug 29, 2015
Nice one, I'd like to chip in some things soon.
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 29, 2015
For some strange reason she felt very hot. The rain had stopped as quickly as it started, she got up and opened the window on the other side of her bed close to her door.

Finally some fresh air!

Then she heard something crackle behind her, she turned to the door and opened it. That's strange, she thought, Why is the door handle warm?

As she looked down the corridor half expecting to see Emeka. she saw a red and gold glow coming from under the door of the kitchen store where they keep utensils.

"What da...."
Crackle. Pop. BANG!!

The powerful flames blew the door of the store and burst out into the corridor like a caged animal.

Chineke!! Eye screamed and closed her door in panic. Her fast breathing echoed in her ears.
Re: Once Upon A Time by oghenekome51(f): 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!

Keep em comig! Weldone guys!
Re: Once Upon A Time by Ryabcool(m): 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2015
MOREEEEEEEE
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 19, 2015
Lets finish this story Royver.

2 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time by MerryMe1(f): 5:57pm On Dec 06, 2015
UPDATE: OPENING DATE: 1ST DECEMBER 2015.
DEADLINE: 5th FEBRUARY 2016
ABOUT NAWOT:
The Nelson Adeyeye Writers Of Today(NAWOT) is an online competition that is organized by Sandra Adeyeye C.E.O of Eminent Creators in honor of her late father Mr. Nelson Adeyeye as a way to encourage the writing and reading culture of the Nigerian youth.
This competition promises to be an exciting and uplifting showcase of well-laid out Prose that promotes creativity at it's peak.
AWARDS:
There shall be a selection of the best twenty stories by our judges. These shall make up our anthology other prizes to be won include but are not restricted to:
Best writer Romance Category - 15,000
Best writer Science Fiction and Fantasy Category - 15,000
Best writer Mystery and Horror Category - 15,000
Best writer Action and Thriller Category - 15,000
Other consolation prizes, a copy of the anthology and other books shall follow.
RULES AND REGULATION:
In order to be eligible, participants are to note the following guidelines as regards submission of entries.
1) Participant must be a Nigerian youth between the ages of 16 - 30 years.
2) Participant must send a mail containing a black and white passport photograph, age, sex, phone numbers, email and facebook i.d in a separate mail from the mail bearing his entry.
3) Entry to be submitted must be Prose, original work of participant and must be an unpublished work, not submitted for any publication during the period of this competition.
NOTE: entry should not bear author's name on it. Just the title and the word count.
4) Entry must be between a 1,500 (minimum) - 2,500 (maximum) word count. Entries must be complete, concise and bear a comprehensive plot, i.e a beginning, middle and an end (no season). Entry font should be Arial size 12 and double spaced.
NOTE: subject of mail should signify what category the author is entering his story. No entries in PDF format will be accepted.
5) Participants can compete in four categories during this competition. I.e every writer is entitled to four entries per competition. Science fiction/fantasy category, mystery/horror category, action/thriller category and romance category.
NOTE: each entry attracts a fee of #1,000.
6) Every entry must have an attachment of the scanned bank draft which has the title of the submission boldly written on it.
Account name: Eminent Creators
Account number: 0201029142
Bank: Gtbank.
7) Every entry must be in English language, with minimal usage of vernacular; and if unavoidably used, must be explained as a footnote for better understanding.
cool All entries must be submitted to nelsonadeyeyewritersoftoday@gmail.com on or before 5 February 2016 (late entries will attract an extra fee of 500). Date for the prize-giving ceremony shall be communicated to participants via mail.
MODE OF SELECTION:
Participants will have excerpts from their stories displayed on our blog and Facebook page for voting by our public audience within a span of two weeks. Excerpts with the highest votes/comments within that period shall scale through to the next stage of selection.
Final announcement of the winners shall be left to the jurisdiction of the competition's in-house judges whose decisions shall be Binding and Final.
Finally: Writers retain the rights to the stories they submit for the NAWOT competition. The twenty winning stories are published as an anthology and open for purchase after the launching. After that, the winning authors are free to publish anywhere, as long as due credit is given to the NAWOT competition and/or Eminent Creators. Eminent Creators staff and NAWOT team members are not eligible to participate in the competition.
Good luck.

Signed:
Hillary Zita Successa
For the competition department.

For more information, send a message to nelsonadeyeyewritersoftoday@gmail.com or like our page on facebook. https://m.facebook.com/Nelson-Adeyeye-Writers-of-Today-NAWOT-1536651376625288/?ref=context_row or visit https://eminentcreatorsblog./ for more details. Thanks.

Re: Once Upon A Time by HENSEXIE(f): 6:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
Wow!talent at display.had 2 read again b4 I knew it wasn't de same person writin.U̶̲̥̅̊ guyz re jst wow!nt heard anytin 4rm Kitme,aπϑ Safarigirl yet though.

Divepen,Safarigirl,Kitme,Nobody,Repogirl,jst so U̶̲̥̅̊ guyz knw...A̶̲̥̅♏ an ardent follower of U̶̲̥̅̊я̩̥̊ works though I rarely comment.U̶̲̥̅̊ guyz shuld kip up de.gud Work.

As 4 all dose Ɖά̲†̥ contributed,U̶̲̥̅̊ guyz re all awesome.plus special respect 2 de owner of dis thread ROYVER.I doff M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ hat.....pls update ooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Reunion....(A Short Story) / Nneka Arimah, Chikodili Emelumadu & Arinze Ifeakandu Nominated For Caine Prize / Emmanuel Okoli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.