Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,970 members, 7,821,395 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana (1747 Views)

A Third Of Louisiana Blame Obama For Hurricane Katrina Response Under Bush / President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' / Tropical Storm Lee Lumbers Toward Louisiana Coast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by NegroNtns(m): 4:33pm On Feb 25, 2009
I watched the President's State Address last night and the Republican response given by Jindal. Comparing performance, Bobby Jindal is less of a warm and congenial candidate than Sarah Palin. America is in an austere state and people are shrinking into a conservative mode. Going forward in the political arena, I believe personal values and trustworthiness will be given more weight than academic brilliance and corporate resume. President Obama has a high favorable rating not in spite of his academic background but more so because of his trustworthiness and personal values.

The challenge for Republican is beating Obama. Unless Republican party has a better candidate that are yet to be identified, Sarah Palin is the best value match against Obama so far. Bobby Jindal is not it at all!!!

What is your response?
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by KarmaMod(f): 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2009
what's this obsession with Palin? Out of GOP, it's Palin you think is worthy? Joke or drunk?
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 25, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

I watched the President's State Address last night and the Republican response given by Jindal. Comparing performance, Bobby Jindal is less of a warm and congenial candidate than Sarah Palin. America is in an austere state and people are shrinking into a conservative mode. Going forward in the political arena, I believe personal values and trustworthiness will be given more weight than academic brilliance and corporate resume. President Obama has a high favorable rating not in spite of his academic background but more so because of his trustworthiness and personal values.

The challenge for Republican is beating Obama. Unless Republican party has a better candidate that are yet to be identified, Sarah Palin is the best value match against Obama so far. Bobby Jindal is not it at all!!!

What is your response?

That as usual you are full of hot air and little substance.

1. Comparing performance, Bobby Jindal is less of a warm and congenial candidate than Sarah Palin. - What has this to do with the state of the economy, defence, energy reform? If all America wanted was a "warm, congenial" candidate then McCain would have won by a landslide in November.

2. America is in an austere state and people are shrinking into a conservative mode - What does this mean? The GOP is a minority party and you think people are "shrinking" into conservative mode?

3. Going forward in the political arena, I believe personal values and trustworthiness will be given more weight than academic brilliance and corporate resume. - huh? undecided What is he talking about?

4. President Obama has a high favorable rating not in spite of his academic background but more so because of his trustworthiness and personal values - huh? Chicago machinery, Bill Ayers, Blagojevich, Burris, Rev Wright? That would have sunk Obama's political career if everyone was simply interested in "trustworthiness".
Values? Like being in support of abortion, a known smoker, in support of gay unions?

5. Unless Republican party has a better candidate that are yet to be identified, Sarah Palin is the best value match against Obama so far. Bobby Jindal is not it at all!!! - Sarah Palin is your own idea of a party leader? Jindal may have come across as boorish in his address but its hard to see what he could have said given he was going up against arguably one of the best presidential orators in a long while. He's address contained some truths, some republican red meat and plenty of nonsense but i would have him over Palin any day. At least he is intelligent.
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by NegroNtns(m): 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2009
what's this obsession with Palin? Out of GOP, it's Palin you think is worthy? Joke or drunk?

Wassup Pretty. . .dang, look at you! mmuah. . . grin

No, I won't subscribe to her at all but I am saying that so far, the word is going round that a new leader for GOP need to come out and they need to push her aside. Well, their answer I guess, is Jindall. Jindal is like the Obama version of GOP, academic wise, except that Ivy League education will not be a criteria next election cycle. The nation would have undergone far more devastating economic and financial woes than we are witnessing and people will return to the basics, to the hometown values and will seek a conservative answer. Not necessarily a conservative party but one whose ideology is aligned to traditional values. In view of that, between Jindall and Palin, you must agree that Palin will emerge as favorite. But I think more refined candidates than either of them will surface. . .there is time.
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by KarmaMod(f): 7:50pm On Feb 25, 2009
The nation would have undergone far more devastating economic and financial woes than we are witnessing and people will return to the basics, to the hometown values and will seek a conservative answer

So in other words, you are predicting that Obama will fail his entire 4 years?
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by NegroNtns(m): 8:05pm On Feb 25, 2009
lmao. . .you are a trip! I love doing political battle, but definitely not with you because when you start you don't know when to give up.

I am not predicting anything on the Democratic party side, no. I am just analysing the Jindall I saw last night on Tv and what his prospects are against candidate Palin for GOP leadership.

I believe President Obama will succeed as a President but I am wary of a lot of programs he has signed into law. I did not just start talking about it, remember I mentioned some of them in my posting on the eve of the election in November. He has excellent vision, he is an idealist and someone you called a great statesman. However, he has battles. His idealism is strong and ahead of our time. His challenge is succeefully installing that idealism in a traditionally cautious system that is distrustful of the grassroot and what it is capable of achieving given the proper empowerment. Obama brings that empowerement and I hope the grassroot will not waste it. Already word is circulating of people calculating unemployment as a better option than staying employed - they get free money from govt, health program, food. . .and free time in their hands to pursue idleness on tv and internet.
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 25, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Wassup Pretty. . .dang, look at you! mmuah. . . grin

No, I won't subscribe to her at all but I am saying that so far, the word is going round that a new leader for GOP need to come out and they need to push her aside. Well, their answer I guess, is Jindall. Jindal is like the Obama version of GOP, academic wise, except that Ivy League education will not be a criteria next election cycle. The nation would have undergone far more devastating economic and financial woes than we are witnessing and people will return to the basics, to the hometown values and will seek a conservative answer. Not necessarily a conservative party but one whose ideology is aligned to traditional values. In view of that, between Jindall and Palin, you must agree that Palin will emerge as favorite. But I think more refined candidates than either of them will surface. . .there is time.

If the people wont return to a conservative party then to which party will they turn whose ideology is aligned to trad values?

As usual plenty of high-fallutin words, little attempt to pass across a message.
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by TayoD1(m): 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2009
@topic,

Are we now to trump style over substance? Indeed Palin has got the style, but Jindall has got far more substance. No doubt Jindall did not carry himself or his message well yesterday, but you can't but accept the fact that he is the closest thing to Reagan when you listen to him, say on the radio.
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by KarmaMod(f): 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2009
Any reason why he's not using his real name?

Bobby ko. Booby ni.
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by NegroNtns(m): 9:17pm On Feb 25, 2009
Tayo,

Oh no, I value substance first! So you think I should listen and see him in a different settings. I see your point and you are correct, Palin was on the tube and in different settings allowing for better familiarity with her style than is the case for Bobby.

Karma,

I thought that was his real name. What's his real name? Aren't public officials sworn in using their real name to take oath of office? I suspect it may be a tongue twister. . . cheesy
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 25, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Tayo,

Oh no, I value substance first! So you think I should listen and see him in a different settings. I see your point and you are correct, Palin was on the tube and in different settings allowing for better familiarity with her style than is the case for Bobby.

More hubris. A mumbo jumbo of meaningless words that make no sense at all (just read the portion highlighted). What does it mean? If Palin's being on the tube made us more comfortable with her then why was the McCain campaign not keen to have her on TV interviews? why did Palin herself complain of having to talk to Katie Couric a second time? Where were ALL her TV appearances before Nov 4 a political disaster?

Does this guy know what he is talking about?

Negro_Ntns:

Karma,

I thought that was his real name. What's his real name? Aren't public officials sworn in using their real name to take oath of office? I suspect it may be a tongue twister. . . cheesy

Piyush is his real name. Go back to school and learn how to think.
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by KarmaMod(f): 2:34am On Feb 26, 2009
Gosh David, calm down

But yea that's his name. Where did Bobby come from?
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by NegroNtns(m): 6:14pm On Feb 26, 2009
Piyush is not difficult to pronounce but you know judging by his background and depending on where he schooled, he will be the ready made pick for bullies. I guess Bobby was a way to "americanize" him.

Strange, did Barack not say that he was called Bobby at one time too. . .way back when he was in school? Was it Bobby or Barry?

Tayo,

What other candidates can you think of for the GOP? How do you see Gingrich? I suspect ambitious guys like Ralph Reed and Erik Prince might show face, . . .you say no?
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by Moonstone(f): 9:03pm On Feb 26, 2009
Bobby Jindall is a good governor and a good public speaker but yes, he fell a bit short when responding to Obama.

Back in the days of Katrina, our beautiful ex-governor who I've sworn never to mention her name again . . . was not filled with as much ambition for Louisiana as Jindall is. He really knows how to handle situations well but the response was so not him. Just do me a favor and research on Jindall. Not only is he a good governor, I think presidency for him would an amazing addition.

He is a man that gets into what he says he will do. . . I did not realize that until Gustav came along but he gets the job done and has proven to be a worthy person in government.
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by KarmaMod(f): 10:04pm On Feb 26, 2009
Piyush is not difficult to pronounce but you know judging by his background and depending on where he schooled, he will be the ready made pick for bullies. I guess Bobby was a way to "americanize" him.

In other words he's ashamed of himself. You have a man going around with a Muslim name yet mr Piyush is hiding under "bobby". Lame.
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 26, 2009
@ moonstone, Jindal is being touted for presidency by the GOP simply because they also realise they need a non-white face to counter Obama and draw more voters. The white southern base can no longer guarantee national elections anymore.
Jindal is another noise maker, i like the looks and sound of Eric Cantor.
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by Ibime(m): 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2009
Tayo-D:

Are we now to trump style over substance? Indeed Palin has got the style, but Jindall has got far more substance.

This is claptrap. Palin is an uneducated blithering buffoon with no style or poise. Jindal has more style in his left toe than Palin has in her whole body. If Jindal can wilt in the presence of Obama, I can only imagine that Palin would implode, just like she did in the presence of common Kathy Couric.
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by preselect(m): 10:47pm On Feb 26, 2009
i think the republicans may have wanted jindal to flop so that palin will have easier access in 20I2 grin and flop he did grin grin grin
of all things to use as an example of how govt should work, it is katrina grin grin grin grin grin these republicans are so psychotic . . . grin . . . delusional and thrive on denial cheesy
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by preselect(m): 6:12am On Feb 27, 2009
davidylan:

If the people wont return to a conservative party then to which party will they turn whose ideology is aligned to trad values?

As usual plenty of high-fallutin words, little attempt to pass across a message.

that is how they operate. to confuse those illiterate hoodlums in the south who follow them blindly
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by TayoD1(m): 2:02pm On Feb 27, 2009
@pres-elect,

i think the republicans may have wanted jindal to flop so that palin will have easier access in 20I2 and flop he did
of all things to use as an example of how govt should work, it is katrina these republicans are so psychotic . . . . . . delusional and thrive on denial
You obviously lost the plot. The story was meant to show the problem when the govt is utterly relied upon. If Katrina was such a devastating blow to the Republicans, how come a Republican won the seat over the incumbent - a Democrat?
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by NegroNtns(m): 2:41pm On Feb 27, 2009
In other words he's ashamed of himself. You have a man going around with a Muslim name yet mr Piyush is hiding under "bobby". Lame

I suspect his parents coined the name and it stuck. I am not sure he hides Piyush, I think he just stayed with how he was known growing up. Obama did not highlight Hussein during the campaign, although he did not deny it. Assuming my name is Kukuwenu Wazabanga, I think in America I would have adapted it to Wayne Wazanga. America is a land of romance and anything unromantic is unacceptable to these people and common Karma, you live in NY and you know what it is. grin

Tayo,

His story about the rescue is moving. How come no one ever talked about that until now? I had time to review him in different settings and yes, you and moonstone are correct. The guy is sophisticated. I am assuming his act on Tuesday was the script - his gestures and motion were not in synch with his message, lack lustre! Anyway, watching him. . .

Ibime,

I think you should visit Alaska and witness first hand what the Governess is doing, you will switch camp.
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by KarmaMod(f): 3:46pm On Feb 27, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

I suspect his parents coined the name and it stuck. I am not sure he hides Piyush, I think he just stayed with how he was known growing up. Obama did not highlight Hussein during the campaign, although he did not deny it. A

and why would he highlight his middle name? why didnt he go around campaigning as "Barry Obama"

Even during his rebuttal he sounded like a traitor, it's known that most Indian Americans arent fond of him cos he tends to downplay his heritage
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by NegroNtns(m): 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2009
'cause unlike Jindall latching on to Bobby, Obama earlier on discarded Barry, and we can say probably his stay in Indonesia contributed to that but we won't know for sure. Plus he lived in Hawaii where twisted names are the order of the day anyway. Jindall spent his lifetime here in continental US.

The Indian factor is an interesting one. Indian lobbysists are stepping up their game and operating at same level with Israel and they do so aggressively. He has nothing to lose by not acknowledging them, at the end of the day if his popularity shoots up they will reconcile with him. Isn't his wife Indian too?

You should move to Louisiana.

[i]Negro ducks his head from airborne utensils[/i]. . .
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Ibime,

I think you should visit Alaska and witness first hand what the Governess is doing, you will switch camp.

Now that oil, which accounts for close to 95% of Alaska's revenue, has fallen in price . . . Alaska is running into deficits. Yeah she's doing so great.
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by NegroNtns(m): 5:33pm On Feb 27, 2009
David,

No, I won't say she is the best but amongst state executives, yes, she is ranked top. This was not known until very recently as we started hearing about the problems that individual states are in. I mean look at Cali for instance. I pray not, but assuming that situation continue to worsen, I won't be surprised to find Californians wishing to relocate for better prospects in Alaska. Don't you think so? We have to give credit where it's due.
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 27, 2009
Negro, its easy to be "ranked top" when you state population is only 600,000 and you have plenty of free oil money pouring into state coffers. Rush Limbaugh would be ranked top too if he ran such a state.
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by TayoD1(m): 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2009
@David and Negro,

California is in the shit it is today because of the free-for-all spending mentality. The State clearly shows you what happens when liberal spending goes on rampage. Now they are going to increase taxes and further plunge the State into more economic abyss. I've been wondering when all these liberal elites who populate the State will start dashing money to the govt to bridge the budget gap. But no way, liberals tend to pose as mr nice guys only when public money (tax payers money) is involved! The Governator is the poster child of Bush. They sacrificed fiscal discipline in an attempt to move to the center. The truth is that the RNC can not be more centered or liberal than the DNC. What will save the RNC is to be distinguished through conservatism.

I believe the only two States that saw real growth the last quarter are Washington DC (which is really not a state), and Louisiana. The case of Washington DC is understandable. It is the seat of power where the govt keeps subsidizing inefficiencies and living above its means. Talk about a real bubble. Louisiana while not immune from the global recession is showing the rest of the states how to govern. The guy has cut taxes up to six times since he became governor and the private sector has responded by creating more jobs.

He recently declared he will be refusing some of the money that Obama is giving to the States declaring that it will create a burden for the States on the long run. many people criticised him for such a move and sme even called it racism. Now, other Republican govenors are toeing this same path and a Democratic governor has expressed Jindal's same setiments. I really think this Jindal guy is a star to be watched!
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by KarmaMod(f): 7:20pm On Feb 27, 2009
Tayo-D:

He recently declared he will be refusing some of the money that Obama is giving to the States declaring that it will create a burden for the States on the long run. many people criticised him for such a move and sme even called it racism. Now, other Republican govenors are toeing this same path and a Democratic governor has expressed Jindal's same setiments. I really think this Jindal guy is a star to be watched!

lmao

did you see how much he said he WILL accept of it? Please compare the difference between what will be given to him and what he wants to accept.

If there's any state that should turn its back on assistance, it's definitely NOT Louisana. There are still homeless Katrina victims.
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by TayoD1(m): 7:28pm On Feb 27, 2009
@KarmaMod,

lmao

did you see how much he said he WILL accept of it? Please compare the difference between what will be given to him and what he wants to accept.

If there's any state that should turn its back on assistance, it's definitely NOT Louisana. There are still homeless Katrina victims.
It's not a matter of difference, it is the effect that differnce will have on the long term financial health of the State. Why is that lost in your response? Do you know the strings that Obama attached to that money?
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by KarmaMod(f): 7:52pm On Feb 27, 2009
Um my point is that there's hardly ANY DIFFERENCE in the amount he accepted and what he "refused"
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by TayoD1(m): 7:55pm On Feb 27, 2009
@karmaMod,

If someone gives you a million dollars and tells you that the last $100k is given to you on condition that you must spend $200k yearly for the rest of your life on the poor. Would you accept such? Is the issue the $900k or the $100k?
Re: Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana by NegroNtns(m): 7:56pm On Feb 27, 2009
Negro, its easy to be "ranked top" when you state population is only 600,000 and you have plenty of free oil money pouring into state coffers. Rush Limbaugh would be ranked top too if he ran such a state.

Lmao, there is something with numbers lately.  You know what,. . .ehm, sorry Governor Palin, I can't defend that one!  I will be sure to pass your message to Rush so he can devote a whole day of spit-talk to you on EIB radio.   cheesy

Tayo,

I thought Louisiana is still under Federal Disaster Aid.  If that's true then you have an exception in Louisiana.  Under Federal Aid, depending on the extent, job loss is covered, capital loss is covered, business loss is covered. . .so in a way they have been under stimulus for a while.  Jindall is not facing a test as challenging as Arnold.  

Beside, I think Luoisiana has a lesson for the rest of the nation in terms of how it should recover from these problems.  What did Jindall do right?

(1) (2) (Reply)

WORLD Most Humble President(picture) / Croatian President (kolinda Grabar-kitarović) Named Worlds Sexiest President / Freedom At Last...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.