Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,362 members, 7,839,654 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria (4988 Views)

Let Us Boycott Oil From SE And SS And Save The Shame / Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard / 5 Reasons Why The SS And SE Voted In Mass For PDP (The Proudly 5%) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by pazienza(m): 12:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
lygn19:
my base is igbo land and d independent nation is Nigeria.

What is a nation?
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
pazienza:

What is a nation?
am beginning to suspect if u re an igbo man...
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by pazienza(m): 12:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
lygn19:
am beginning to suspect if u re an igbo man...

Lol! You called Nigeria an independent nation. I know that Nigeria is not a nation, but since you believe Nigeria is a nation, I want to hear your definition of a nation.

So, go on, indulge me.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by tonychristopher: 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
lygn19:

My dream for now, is to if possible reduce d number of igbo men/easterners in the West.
Second mk sure that when they reduce they won't find another region to relocate to but the Eastern region...
Then from der we can discuss abt d useful ventures... ppl like u are enemies of Igbo land. and I wud prefer to term u an enemy of progress.

Have you ever thought how selfish you sound ...do you know that we have Yoruba in east

What is it with this your level of hate .....anyway talk is cheap .. Ranting is subsidized

Try been at peace with people ...this will be the last time I will talk or quote you . Mark this
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by 1after: 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
According to the bigot OP. Abia sacked all non indegene from there civil service, its a good development. Fashola reunited destitutes Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba then Fashola is bad and must die.

Nnamdi Kanu call on his people to kill all Yorubas/Hausa, he said any bus with Kumuyi poster should must be destory and they must it, to the Igbos Kanu is a hero and freedom fighter. Dr Ariyo said Igbos should be careful and stop insulting people of Lagos and calling there ancestral land, no mans land that what happened in SA might happen if the owners of Lagos are pushed the wall, he was nearly killed and he later apologized but my Igbo people said they must run down his business and he must die. Another hypocrisy.

Yoruba voted for GEJ in 2011 and no project in the SW all through his 5yrs, they changed and voted for another choice then Igbo said Yorubas are betrayal even when GEJ is not Igbo and we have no agreement with anyone. Fayose, mimiko, ffk, obanikoro and many others stood by GEJ till the end but still they insult us daily that we are betrayals even when we know those that first troop to Abuja to pledge allegiance to Buhari.

A Yoruba man Victor Banjo fought on the biafra side, he won some battles and was even killed by Ojukwu yet Yorubas are coward and betrayals. No one blamed Ojukwu for his death but they still call us coward and betrayals. Wole Soyinka was jailed for supporting Biafra but he was later called mad professor and insulted daily by the Igbos for supporting Ameachi(SS) against PEJ/GEJ(SS).

Hausa people have been killing Igbos for any slighest provocation, but Igbos are okay with it. Yorubas have never killed nor attack Igbos since they have been living together yet they call us ediot and coward. Its not really una fault anyway, I blame the Yoruba people. Just leave us alone and face your biafra, no one is holding you from going. This site is owned by a Yoruba man and he allow you guys denigrate his tribe daily, he even help push different topics to FP which i know an Igboman will never allow. We are not holding you from going abeg, but we wont sit back while you insult us or our king and not expect a crazy response. Simple.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by disumusa: 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
lygn19:
say u were s victim of crime not tribalism, if igbos even in s city as exposed and enlightened as Lagos starts narrating der ordeals for u, especially during der first time in d city, u wud know dat... Anambra attack was child's play.
i made it as policy not to travel acros any ibo land if iam going to ss from sw i will go this way benin>warri>phc i.e if am coming from north the same way, from my past experince a day we travel along kogi enugu two ibo boy chase our car with lady machine robb us with gun and collect mony and my original certificate from university to primary infact we beg to return the document they refused
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
disumusa:
i made it as policy not to travel acros any ibo land if iam going to ss from sw i will go this way benin>warri>phc i.e if am coming from north the same way, from my past experince a day we travel along kogi enugu two ibo boy chase our car with lady machine robb us with gun and collect mony and my original certificate from university to primary infact we beg to return the document they refused
u don't know wat tribalism is, der is a difference between crime and tribalism. U were robbed by armed robbers, dat means d entire igbos are armed robbers.
D same way doz armed robbers robbed u dats how if they see another person whether he is igbo or not they wud rob him. When they were chasing d car u were in, did they know which passengers they were chasing?... d answer is NO, did they know if there re igbos inside or not the answer in still NO.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
U re driving a car and ppl on ladies machine are chasing u...lol''' something u wud crush d gun d word L out of der lives.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 21, 2015
tonychristopher:

Have you ever thought how selfish you sound ...do you know that we have Yoruba in east

What is it with this your level of hate .....anyway talk is cheap .. Ranting is subsidized

Try been at peace with people ...this will be the last time I will talk or quote you . Mark this
d yorubas in the East will never be harmed. As far as I hv breath in my body.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
lygn19:
it won't be easy, with the visa's, economic embargo and all.

Embargo will not be the end of life.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2015
Normality:

Embargo will not be the end of life.
stop quoting me abeg, ppl like u wud taunt someone, until out of annoyance they will spit it out.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Curlieweed: 1:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
huptin:

I did not commit a crime, i was a corper innocently asking for directions, i was attacked in broad day light i shouted and asked for help, i will never forget that i heard people laughing and calling all Yorubas cowards nobody came to my help except an old woman....i will never 4get that day.

Lie small, small abeg. Haba!

How did they know that you were Yoruba? Were you asking for the direction in Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by TonySpike: 1:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
Lagos was developed with Niger-delta oil, let me agree with that premise. But isn't it very obvious that Anambra, Enugu, Imo, Abia and Ebonyi were equally developed with oil revenues also? So, why the fixation on Lagos only? Isn't this becoming a case of severe obsessive-compulsive fixation? @OP, i believe and know that you're a confirmed core tribalist no matter how much you hide your idiosyncracies on this subject. You have written several dirty comments against the Yoruba ethnic group on Nairaland and I guess that is the thing that gives you daily ecstasy!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by huptin(m): 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
Curlieweed:

How did they know that you were Yoruba? Were you asking for the direction in Yoruba?

My accent betrayed me.. i spoke pidgin.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by huptin(m): 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
Curlieweed:

My accent betrayed me.. i spoke pidgin. Thinking back now i guess they knew i was a stranger who was confused (i was in my corper's uniform on my way to Lagos from Abakaliki) and wanted to exhort me, but i was scared to my pants, i have never been in a similar situation before in my life.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by huptin(m): 2:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
Curlieweed:

My accent betrayed me.. i spoke pidgin. Thinking back now i guess they knew i was a stranger who was confused (i was in my corper's uniform on my way to Lagos from Abakaliki) and wanted to exhort me, but i was scared to my pants, i have never been in a similar situation before in my life. But now i think i am smart enough to avoid that kinda stuff again.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by disumusa: 4:02pm On Jun 21, 2015
lygn19:
u don't know wat tribalism is, der is a difference between crime and tribalism. U were robbed by armed robbers, dat means d entire igbos are armed robbers.
D same way doz armed robbers robbed u dats how if they see another person whether he is igbo or not they wud rob him. When they were chasing d car u were in, did they know which passengers they were chasing?... d answer is NO, did they know if there re igbos inside or not the answer in still NO.
all i know is that tell your brother to return my credential to any nearest police station, because ABU refuse to issue another certificate
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
disumusa:
all i know is that tell your brother to return my credential to any nearest police station, because ABU refuse to issue another certificate
u got a university degree and u re speaking dx kind of English, forget it, u re gone...

1 Like

Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Curlieweed: 10:32pm On Jun 22, 2015
huptin:

My accent betrayed me.. i spoke pidgin. Thinking back now i guess they knew i was a stranger who was confused (i was in my corper's uniform on my way to Lagos from Abakaliki) and wanted to exhort me, but i was scared to my pants, i have never been in a similar situation before in my life. But now i think i am smart enough to avoid that kinda stuff again.

Stop lying, my friend. Is anyone distributing prizes here?
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 22, 2015
Yorubas are very slimy snakes. They are the ones trying to say SS is different from SE. If they love SS so much and want to 'protect' them from SE then why do they not speak out about the attacks on Cross River and Akwa Ibom?

The muslim man Kumuyi has not condemned the attacks on SS.

Slimy cowards.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Shittaakeem(m): 11:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
huptin:
OP, its a pity your post smacks of falsehood and lies. As regards accomodation you cannot compare Lagos and Anambra. You said Anambra is home to all, how come i was attacked at Onitsha bridge head a few years ago, just becos i am ndi Yoruba? How many non Igbos are in that your home for all compared to Lagos?
You did not see anything wrong with Achebe's rants about Yorubas in his books? Arthur Eze's insults? Nnamdi Kalu's incessant incitement for all Yorubas to be killed? Asking Ibos to boycott all Yoruba churches etc.

But you keep talking about the Oba and Ariyo. So how many Ibos have been attacked in Lagos or any where in the south west since then? Your assertion that Lagos is built with Oil money is terribly false, as at 1979 when Lagos was already a big city oil was contributing less than 30% of total government revenue, even now Laglos generates more than 70% of government's non oil revenue. Lagos generates far more revenue to government than it receives, so how can you say Lagos was developed by oil money?
Lagos has ceased to be a federal capital since 1991, how come you people have not gone to Abuja en masse to claim the place as no mans land?
Gbam confirm
Tell the children of hate they met us in lagos
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by HiGod: 11:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
tonychristopher:
This is not an ethnic attack on any tribe but a moment of reflection ...this write up is coming not as a result of any phobia but due to uneasy tension in Nigeria and this is unacceptable...this was the state Europe was centuries ago so we should out grow this

I notice that anambra state used the term home for all and they are okay to do that and they will invite strangers to come do business there just like Dubai but when it comes to the issue of Lagos which was Nigerian former capital built by the collective sweat of all Nigerian especially niger delta oil..some group of people are claiming they built Lagos . it baffles any logically thinking mind how they built it..its like gwari will come out tomorrow to say that they built Abuja ...yet we know that oil money from south south built Abuja not the back burden carrying tribes (with respect to their culture ) built Abuja

Coming to frosty and nasty tension or relations between igbo and Yoruba in Lagos ...I experienced where a Yoruba man was telling an ibibio man to go back to his village I personally asked the man where are you from he said his father is from ekiti... Then I told him he is not a lagosian also. I think xenophobia is high and mind you igbo still have 101% right in Lagos so is the Hausa ijaw or edo man...

If you look at this

The people in Lagos had a head start
They were the first that interacted with the European first

They had access to education first by the virtue of their location

They had the space when igbo were fighting war of Biafra for three solid years
So they should have capitalized on this

They had most of the firm during the infamous indigenization decree of 70s which favoured the west becuase igbos then were having post traumatic stress from war and broke with just £20 left for them

They also had the space when they scared and chased the Ghana people away ...

They have produced president two times

But igbo never had these opportunities yet they are making a mark with their niger delta counterparts . what I am finding it difficult to understand why the hate

Personally I think this is inability to compete ...in today's global economy nobody runs a welfarist system and igbo are competitive in nature and I think other tribes such as Yoruba should be competitive . ijebu to my own understanding is . it will be nice if we can live together as a country and not treating one another as a virus

As you read this ask yourself why the hate, ask yourself why the lagoon talk ask yourself why was Dr. Ariyo honored ask yourself why is Daniel Kanu venting anger and firing all cylinders

To me it boils down to one thing..Blackman propensity to violence and pull him down syndrome

Let us not be jealous of people success let us understudy and compete with them. Yoruba should learn how to accept others the way they are and not expecting others to act like them and igbo with their south south cousins should learn how to let go and not offend the sensibilities of others with their culture ..Yoruba are cultural and averse to changes so they should learn that also and don't use civil war to judge others .I have seen good people from yoruba ijaw edo etc so its pointless to hate

We should compete and think our of box instead of making ourselves a laughing stock globally

That was what china did to USA

Have a blessed day

I ll be disappointed in my Yoruba brothers if they allow this illiterate from Eastern part of Nigeria to drag them into any unnecessary argument. He is just an idiott like his progenitors.

How i wish I was the one you had that discussion with.... you ll regret coming to Odua Nation after i must I have given you full dosage of Igbo history in Nigeria.

Shameless immigrants who are shamelessly running after their enemies' properties.

Any Yoruba man can claim Lagos state as long as he is a Yoruba man. If you guys have chosen to treat an Imolite as an immigrant in Anambra state, it's your choice.

1 Like

Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by kingslly(m): 12:05am On Jun 23, 2015
You talk as if we dont have Hausas and yorubas in igboland.
Baawaa:
The writer,you are not guilty, it is simply because the Yorubas are too hospitality and friendly.If Yorubas have given the kind of treatment the hausas gives the Igbos from the genesis,you will not be saying this trash
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by kingslly(m): 12:08am On Jun 23, 2015
Greed,envy,Jealousy etc have so clouded your reasoning that you dont even know what being Immigrant means anymore. Dunno why you people are always bitter.
HiGod:

I ll be disappointed in my Yoruba brothers if they allow this illiterate from Eastern part of Nigeria to drag them into any unnecessary argument. He is just an idiott like his progenitors.

How i wish I was the one you had that discussion with.... you ll regret coming to Odua Nation after i must I have given you full dosage of Igbo history in Nigeria.

Shameless immigrants who are shamelessly running after their enemies' properties.

Any Yoruba man can claim Lagos state as long as he is a Yoruba man. If you guys have chosen to treat an Imolite as an immigrant in Anambra state, it's your choice.

Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Dollyak(f): 12:21am On Jun 23, 2015
Baawaa:
The writer,you are not guilty, it is simply because the Yorubas are too hospitality and friendly.If Yorubas have given the kind of treatment the hausas gives the Igbos from the genesis,you will not be saying this trash
Thankfully, most Yorubas are not as bad as you. Go ahead and give Igbo people hausa treatment, by slaughtering them.. primitive animal.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by fulanimafia: 1:10am On Jun 23, 2015
tonychristopher:

Yorubas are exposed and educated so it will be wrong and dehumanizing to expect them to act like Hausa ...that are illiterates . so are Hausa better off with the economy and state..don't you see how north is ?is that what you wish for Yoruba

Me I wish the whole southern region of Nigeria prosper

Imagine a tree worshipping bastard that cannot punctuate a sentence correctly talking about illiteracy, when did heebo boys start going to school?

Show me any eastern state that can compare with Kaduna or Kano. See how you're shamelessly begging to squat in Lagos and being blasted to pieces in your migrant buses in Kano yet you dare malign the lands you rush to to survive.

You're so dumb you didn't even realize you started the thread by saying it wasn't a tribal attack, bloody damaged product of an owerri baby factory.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by tonychristopher: 6:54am On Jun 23, 2015
fulanimafia:

Imagine a tree worshipping bastard that cannot punctuate a sentence correctly talking about illiteracy, when did heebo boys start going to school?

Show me any eastern state that can compare with Kaduna or Kano. See how you're shamelessly begging to squat in Lagos and being blasted to pieces in your migrant buses in Kano yet you dare malign the lands you rush to to survive.

You're so dumb you didn't even realize you started the thread by saying it wasn't a tribal attack, bloody damaged product of an owerri baby factory.

This is not a tribal competitive act Mr. Punctuation... Grow up
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by HopeAtHand: 7:10am On Jun 23, 2015
Tonychristopher...i just dey observe.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by tonychristopher: 7:24am On Jun 23, 2015
HopeAtHand:
Tonychristopher...i just dey observe.

My brother from another mother my friend in enemy clothing ...lol

I think that the issue of hate and phobia are drawing people back so let us respect that ...

How far ...now what is the latest in rivers ..has amaechi the Judas of ubima been arrested as they say ... What is your take on that

Well we talk about it later

Have a great day my man

Lol .. You don't have to be an observer that is not good for your status be a participant bro
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by HopeAtHand: 7:30am On Jun 23, 2015
J
huptin:

Of course not, i simply entered a bus and moved down to Lagos, fortunately my money was in my socks, i made sure i never passed through Onitsha till date, to think i was really excited to go to the east, i had extended family members of igbo origin who told me good stories of the east, but since my experience i only visit the state capitals and i never go out at nnight except in a group. I had another bad experience at Aba, thanks to the soldiers that came promptly to my rescue, this was a daylight robbery attempt.

Attacked Twice in different cities in the east..

Hmmm.Something is definitely following you from Osun state. grin

Check it.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 23, 2015
As a neutral observer,I hope Yorubas do not fall for this shallow attempt at addressing issues between Yorubas and Igbos. The truth is that many Igbos hate Yorubas even when they try to deny it.The relationship is similar to Whites vs Blacks.You don't love people who hate you even though you all occupy the same country.Tribalism like racism is something we wish will go away but it will not because the reality is that humans discriminate and hold on tightly to their respective group identities.

More Yorubas need to wake up and smell the coffee for what it is,not what they want it to be.You extend a brotherly hand to Igbos and in turn that is interpreted as you being a coward,lazy,selling your father's land etc.Failure to wake up to the reality of what you all dealing with ,will be a case of you all being subjugated in your own lands.See one of the posters idea of dominating Nigeria.How can that lead to a meaningful co-existence between the tribes?

People rarely give up privileges no matter how much it might oppress others..so the likelihood of you all being able to get back on y'all feet should you all be subjugated will be extremely difficult.Especially knowing how Igbos can be clannish.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by jaymichael(m): 8:08am On Jun 23, 2015
tonychristopher:

I have also been attacked ...my phone was stolen along ikeja along in my car will I term all Yoruba criminal ..hell no . I have some good folks that are Yoruba and I have been told by Yoruba landlord that they don't rent to igbo does it mean all Yoruba are igbo haters ..oh hell no...we have to know that we just can't generalize it ain't working and good
Do you want me to believe that oil money was never a used to build at least third mainland bridge and dredge tin can
[b]Just carry your perverted gospel to those that need it. So Yorubas are not accommodating? yet you couldn't cite a single case where ethnic related violence were perpetrated against Igbos anywhere in the whole of Yoruba land in the history of Nigeria. Nigerian Oil money was used to build Lagos? which money was used to build Imo, Ph, Abia, Enugu, Anambra, Kano, Cross River, Kogi et al? Zimbabwean money? Lagos ceased being the capital 24 years ago. your write up smirks of hypocrisy and your likes are not fit to preach to Yorubas about being accommodating and peaceful because Yourubas have always being known to be accommodating and peaceful. Both the Igbos and Yorubas do often make disparaging remarks against each other no doubt about that, and it's not a conduct that should be accepted or encouraged but if you have any atom of sincerity to salvage the situation, you should carry your advice and charity home first. because you are not fit or worth to give the Yoruba nation any "ALABOSI" advice. Your brothers need it more. The xenophobic venom being spewed by your "hero" Director Kalu is a million times worse than Oba Akiolu's outburst.[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Youths! If PMB Is Kicked Out In 2019, Whom Are We Going To Kick In? / 32 Retired Judges Drag Obiano, A-G To Court Over Unpaid Gratuities, Pensions / Have You Seen This Picture Of Northerners Leaving South East?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.