Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,486 members, 7,840,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria (4996 Views)

Let Us Boycott Oil From SE And SS And Save The Shame / Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard / 5 Reasons Why The SS And SE Voted In Mass For PDP (The Proudly 5%) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 23, 2015
is this your way of indirectly insulting other tribes @op angry
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 23, 2015
quimicababes:
As a neutral observer,I hope Yorubas do not fall for this shallow attempt at addressing issues between Yorubas and Igbos. The truth is that many Igbos hate Yorubas even when they try to deny it.The relationship is similar to Whites vs Blacks.You don't love people who hate you even though you all occupy the same country.Tribalism like racism is something we wish will go away but it will not because the reality is that humans discriminate and hold on tightly to their respective group identities.

More Yorubas need to wake up and smell the coffee for what it is,not what they want it to be.You extend a brotherly hand to Igbos and in turn that is interpreted as you being a coward,lazy,selling your father's land etc.Failure to wake up to the reality of what you all dealing with ,will be a case of you all being subjugated in your own lands.See one of the posters idea of dominating Nigeria.How can that lead to a meaningful co-existence between the tribes?

People rarely give up privileges no matter how much it might oppress others..so the likelihood of you all being able to get back on y'all feet should you all be subjugated will be extremely difficult.Especially knowing how Igbos can be clannish.
Mr man shutup, u re a neutral observer but u re Biased. Full stop.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 23, 2015
If Nnamdi kanus broadcast is annoying, look around u, find a concrete wall, walk up to it and hit ur head on it.
When akiolu and ariyo was making der own noise openly, der ppl were busy shouting it's true, igbos dz, igbos dat... they even gave ariyo an award for the things he said.
Nnamdi Kanu I don't support u o, but if let ur broadcast keep paining dem till they hv sense. Nobody has monopoly of violence or noise making.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by zendy: 8:16am On Jun 23, 2015
tonychristopher:
This is not an ethnic attack on any tribe but a moment of reflection ...this write up is coming not as a result of any phobia but due to uneasy tension in Nigeria and this is unacceptable...this was the state Europe was centuries ago so we should out grow this

I notice that anambra state used the term home for all and they are okay to do that and they will invite strangers to come do business there just like Dubai but when it comes to the issue of Lagos which was Nigerian former capital built by the collective sweat of all Nigerian especially niger delta oil..some group of people are claiming they built Lagos . it baffles any logically thinking mind how they built it..its like gwari will come out tomorrow to say that they built Abuja ...yet we know that oil money from south south built Abuja not the back burden carrying tribes (with respect to their culture ) built Abuja

Coming to frosty and nasty tension or relations between igbo and Yoruba in Lagos ...I experienced where a Yoruba man was telling an ibibio man to go back to his village I personally asked the man where are you from he said his father is from ekiti... Then I told him he is not a lagosian also. I think xenophobia is high and mind you igbo still have 101% right in Lagos so is the Hausa ijaw or edo man...

If you look at this

The people in Lagos had a head start
They were the first that interacted with the European first

They had access to education first by the virtue of their location

They had the space when igbo were fighting war of Biafra for three solid years
So they should have capitalized on this

They had most of the firm during the infamous indigenization decree of 70s which favoured the west becuase igbos then were having post traumatic stress from war and broke with just £20 left for them

They also had the space when they scared and chased the Ghana people away ...

They have produced president two times

But igbo never had these opportunities yet they are making a mark with their niger delta counterparts . what I am finding it difficult to understand why the hate

Personally I think this is inability to compete ...in today's global economy nobody runs a welfarist system and igbo are competitive in nature and I think other tribes such as Yoruba should be competitive . ijebu to my own understanding is . it will be nice if we can live together as a country and not treating one another as a virus

As you read this ask yourself why the hate, ask yourself why the lagoon talk ask yourself why was Dr. Ariyo honored ask yourself why is Daniel Kanu venting anger and firing all cylinders

To me it boils down to one thing..Blackman propensity to violence and pull him down syndrome

Let us not be jealous of people success let us understudy and compete with them. Yoruba should learn how to accept others the way they are and not expecting others to act like them and igbo with their south south cousins should learn how to let go and not offend the sensibilities of others with their culture ..Yoruba are cultural and averse to changes so they should learn that also and don't use civil war to judge others .I have seen good people from yoruba ijaw edo etc so its pointless to hate

We should compete and think our of box instead of making ourselves a laughing stock globally

That was what china did to USA

Have a blessed day

The only answer is is the dissolution of the whitemans contraption called Nigeria so that we can all go home and administer our affairs how we know best. A Yoruba man can't be shouting "one Nigeria" and then turn around and tell an Igbo man like me he is angry that I called Lagos 'no mans land' . If you truly believe in one Nigeria, then all of Nigeria should be "no mans land". The hypocrisy of the whole thing is laughable. Why do I have be with a Northerner who thinks that it his celestial right to rule forever even though it has been Southerners who have been carrying their parasitic a$$e$ since independence? We have had 55 years of failed nationhood, one civil war and millions dead. What does it take for civilised people to know that things are not working? Or they think that the emergence of a gap toothed Fulani Cattle-rearer will change anything? To your tents Oh Isreal! We demand outright secession!!!
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 23, 2015
zendy:

The only answer is is the dissolution of the whitemans contraption called Nigeria so that we can all go home and administer our affairs how we know best. A Yoruba man can't be shouting "one Nigeria" and then turn around and tell an Igbo man like me he is angry that I called Lagos 'no mans land' . If you truly believe in one Nigeria, then all of Nigeria should be "no mans land". The hypocrisy of the whole thing is laughable. Why do I have be with a Northerner who thinks that it his celestial right to rule forever even though it has been Southerners who have been carrying their parasitic a$$e$ since independence? We have had 55 years of failed nationhood, one civil war and millions dead. What does it take for civilised people to know that things are not working? Or they think that the emergence of a gap toothed Fulani Cattle-rearer will change anything? To your tents Oh Isreal! We demand outright secession!!!
I stand for One Nigeria.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by zendy: 8:33am On Jun 23, 2015
lygn19:
I stand for One Nigeria.

No problem with that, as long you respect the right of those who are not standing with you, to walk away.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 23, 2015
zendy:

No problem with that, as long you respect the right of those who are not standing with you, to walk away.
Zendy I know d plight of igbos on one Nigeria, der is no way I wud stand for One Nigeria if I haven't weighed some things, if only u guys wud allow me speak, I said last night let's organize an igbo only conference, let we all seat on s round table and discuss, I wud love to say it here, but I am not fluent with igbo, not only dat, it being open might mk some people stand on der feets...
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by tonychristopher: 8:42am On Jun 23, 2015
jaymichael:
[b]Just carry your perverted gospel to those that need it. So Yorubas are not accommodating? yet you couldn't cite a single case where ethnic related violence were perpetrated against Igbos anywhere in the whole of Yoruba land in the history of Nigeria. Nigerian Oil money was used to build Lagos? which money was used to build Imo, Ph, Abia, Enugu, Anambra, Kano, Cross River, Kogi et al? Zimbabwean money? Lagos ceased being the capital 24 years ago. your write up smirks of hypocrisy and your likes are not fit to preach to Yorubas about being accommodating and peaceful because Yourubas have always being known to be accommodating and peaceful. Both the Igbos and Yorubas do often make disparaging remarks against each other no doubt about that, and it's not a conduct that should be accepted or encouraged but if you have any atom of sincerity to salvage the situation, you should carry your advice and charity home first. because you are not fit or worth to give the Yoruba nation any "ALABOSI" advice. Your brothers need it more. The xenophobic venom being spewed by your "hero" Director Kalu is a million times worse than Oba Akiolu's outburst.[/b]

I think we are having a communication and comprehension issues here..... Communication on my side and comprehension on your side... place where did I say that the Yoruba are not accommodating, this thread is about the ability to live as one irrespective of tribe, but know that we are human and African this pulling him down won't work in Africa

The earlier we know this the better

Stop this, please
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by meccuno: 8:50am On Jun 23, 2015
huptin:
OP, its a pity your post smacks of falsehood and lies. As regards accomodation you cannot compare Lagos and Anambra. You said Anambra is home to all, how come i was attacked at Onitsha bridge head a few years ago, just becos i am ndi Yoruba? How many non Igbos are in that your home for all compared to Lagos?
You did not see anything wrong with Achebe's rants about Yorubas in his books? Arthur Eze's insults? Nnamdi Kalu's incessant incitement for all Yorubas to be killed? Asking Ibos to boycott all Yoruba churches etc.

But you keep talking about the Oba and Ariyo. So how many Ibos have been attacked in Lagos or any where in the south west since then? Your assertion that Lagos is built with Oil money is terribly false, as at 1979 when Lagos was already a big city oil was contributing less than 30% of total government revenue, even now Laglos generates more than 70% of government's non oil revenue. Lagos generates far more revenue to government than it receives, so how can you say Lagos was developed by oil money?
Lagos has ceased to be a federal capital since 1991, how come you people have not gone to Abuja en masse to claim the place as no mans land?
Reason» Abuja Doesn't Have A Seqa Port......
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by fulanimafia: 8:59am On Jun 23, 2015
tonychristopher:

This is not a tribal competitive act Mr. Punctuation... Grow up

You should learn manners (and punctuation) and stop lying through your teeth. Face your biafran struggle and leave the North out of your propaganda.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 23, 2015
fulanimafia:

You should learn manners (and punctuation) and stop lying through your teeth. Face your biafran struggle and leave the North out of your propaganda.
Guy hw far, u ve been scarce.
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by fulanimafia: 9:06am On Jun 23, 2015
lygn19:

Guy hw far, u ve been scarce.

I'm alright, you've been less troublesome lately too smiley
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 23, 2015
fulanimafia:

I'm alright, you've been less troublesome lately too smiley
lol... sorry Sir o, was I trouble maker b4 smiley
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by fulanimafia: 9:18am On Jun 23, 2015
lygn19:

lol... sorry Sir o, was I trouble maker b4 smiley

Let's just say you enjoy 'katakata'....I saw your antics when normality was brought to his knees yesterday... hilarious cheesy
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by jaymichael(m): 9:21am On Jun 23, 2015
tonychristopher:

I think we are having a communication and comprehension issues here..... Communication on my side and comprehension on your side... place where did I say that the Yoruba are not accommodating, this thread is about the ability to live as one irrespective of tribe, but know that we are human and African this pulling him down won't work in Africa

The earlier we know this the better

Stop this, please
This isn't about "communication" and "comprehension" It is about what is "expressed" vs what is "implied" your posts isn't about building bridges and living in unity with each other. You were trying to castigate the other tribe for being the reason for all these divisions while justifying the actions of your kinsmen. Like I said earlier, if you are interested in peaceful coexistence, you start your preaching with your tribesmen. If your people don't like being dictated to, Yorubas have and cherish our laid down laws, norms and values which must be respected and Obeyed by both "onile" and "alejo"
Your people are free minded etc, we cherish and value RESPECT especially for elders.
Your people are hard working, industrious and successful, so are the Yorubas and other ethnic tribes. Lagos was already a thriving port city before the White men came. Igbos are "republicans", Yorubas have a rich monarchial history.
When your brothers are in the ancestral land of other ethnic groups, they should know that their wills and whims which they are wont to super imposed on their hosts, will always be resisted. Rather, it is the laws, statutes and rules laid down by their hosts (as long as it is not in conflict with the constitution of the Federal Republic) that they must obey, respect and abide by.
Yorubas are not the problem of your people. Yorubas have no problems with the Efik ibibio, Ijaws Hausas, kakabari, Edo Isoko, Urhobo, Tiv, Idoma Igbira, kanuri, and other ethnic groups that make up Nigeria, hence they are not the problem of the Igbos, rather, it is your people that need the "ABOSI" sermon of yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by omoharry(f): 9:58am On Jun 23, 2015
Baawaa:
The writer,you are not guilty, it is simply because the Yorubas are too hospitality and friendly.If Yorubas have given the kind of treatment the hausas gives the Igbos from the genesis,you will not be saying this trash
and you think Nigeria will be an interesting country to live in.Why don't every just go their own way so that we will see how you all can live happily as one.
You sound like a child..I think you still need to grow up.Stop emulating what the northerners have been doing towards your southern brothers...i hope you have it in mind that the Igbos there were not the only ones being killed, your keens men were also victims..so please this your African taste of violence and ethnocentrism is not necessary.

1 Like

Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by tonychristopher: 10:27am On Jun 23, 2015
jaymichael:
This isn't about "communication" and "comprehension" It is about what is "expressed" vs what is "implied" your posts isn't about building bridges and living in unity with each other. You were trying to castigate the other tribe for being the reason for all these divisions while justifying the actions of your kinsmen. Like I said earlier, if you are interested in peaceful coexistence, you start your preaching with your tribesmen. If your people don't like being dictated to, Yorubas have and cherish our laid down laws, norms and values which must be respected and Obeyed by both "onile" and "alejo"
Your people are free minded etc, we cherish and value RESPECT especially for elders.
Your people are hard working, industrious and successful, so are the Yorubas and other ethnic tribes. Lagos was already a thriving port city before the White men came. Igbos are "republicans", Yorubas have a rich monarchial history.
When your brothers are in the ancestral land of other ethnic groups, they should know that their wills and whims which they are wont to super imposed on their hosts, will always be resisted. Rather, it is the laws, statutes and rules laid down by their hosts (as long as it is not in conflict with the constitution of the Federal Republic) that they must obey, respect and abide by.
Yorubas are not the problem of your people. Yorubas have no problems with the Efik ibibio, Ijaws Hausas, kakabari, Edo Isoko, Urhobo, Tiv, Idoma Igbira, kanuri, and other ethnic groups that make up Nigeria, hence they are not the problem of the Igbos, rather, it is your people that need the "ABOSI" sermon of yours.

With all due respect what and how are the igbo super imposing their way to others and if I may ask do you want the igbo to be sitting duck ...who made the lagoon statement , who carried the placards what about the Dr that made a statement

Ask yourself how many igbo kings or elder statemen made such ..yes I am not exonerating igbo nor Yoruba

One thing you should know is that both tribes are educated and have diasporan contacts it is pointless to attack each other ...we can't afford the middle East or northern mentality here down south

We are too civilized for that
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by tonychristopher: 10:32am On Jun 23, 2015
fulanimafia:

If you could read this thread ...nobody talks about north because they are seen as economic and psychological burden. In a nutshell they are never do wells so north will be seen as good riddance to .....whatever

North has been lugard nemesis and karma to Nigeria so dont worry we pray you just believe that .
Re: Igbo,ss And Them All In Nigeria by fulanimafia: 11:03am On Jun 23, 2015
tonychristopher:

[s]If you could read this thread ...nobody talks about north because they are seen as economic and psychological burden. In a nutshell they are never do wells so north will be seen as good riddance to .....whatever

North has been lugard nemesis and karma to Nigeria so dont worry we pray you just believe that .[/s]

Glad you get the message.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Does Nigerian Politicians Cover Their Car Number Plates? / Obasanjo React To Na Dem Dey Rush Us / Lagos 2019: “no One Will Regret Voting Sanwo-olu” – APC Campaign Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.