Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve (4493 Views)

Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer / Top 10 Funniest Replies To why Didn't You Go To Church Today (Hillarious Photos) / Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by BodyKiss(m): 10:13am On Jun 21, 2015
Such amount of punishment for eating just fruit, their first Disobedience for that matter. After they've eaten the fruit, he then placed at the east of the garden of Eden cherubims and flaming sword. Why didn't he think of that before to stop them from eating the fruit?

**edit**

Come to think of it, he even knew they would eat the fruit, cos he knows everything. So in the real sense, they were set-up just like we all have been cos no matter what you do, he already knows those he's going to burn in hell.

4 Likes

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by anselm791(m): 10:20am On Jun 21, 2015
mustymatic:

His son that you believe died on the cross? a terrible death, if your god wanted to forgive u he will just do that without killing his so called precious child, who does that?
The penalty for sin is death, now that's a principle, someone's gotta die so that we may live. And sorry, but my God won't be God if He changes His principles just because it doesn't make sense to you. He's an unchangeable God.
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by BodyKiss(m): 10:23am On Jun 21, 2015
anselm791:

The penalty for sin is death, now that's a principle, someone's gotta die so that we may live. And sorry, but my God won't be God if He changes His principles just because it doesn't make sense to you. He's an unchangeable God.

Unchangeable? Why did he change his mind about the old laws?
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by anselm791(m): 10:26am On Jun 21, 2015
BodyKiss:

Unchangeable? Why did he change his mind about the old laws?

I'm not sure what old laws you're referring to, but I'm pretty sure this answers it..."for I have not come to abolish the laws, but to fulfill them" - JC
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 21, 2015
Chinaimporter:
[size=13pt]Because the story is a big lie and The bible is a fake bullshit that we only accept because it is so ancient and we where brought up beliving it.
A lot of people on nairaland gave me 7 days to die if i dont repent but yesterday was the seventh day and your hopless god couldnt do a thing.
Let us stop being afraid of God because thousands of people are atheist,hindus buddist etc and nothing happens to them.
Churches are burnt,bibles are torn, saints are crucified and nothing happens.
If God says he exist and want us to worship him,let him write it in the sky.....why hide from us and ask us to belive u exist and if we dnt,you will punish us in hell while u say that you love us......sounds like something the devil will do not god.
Why give us many religions and ask us to blindly choose the right one and if we couldnt,you will punish us.
Why do you like our praises so much if you are so great and dont need us.....we never asked to be created in the first place.....why do you ask us to thank you for bringing us into this vile and ruthless world.
I will never worship or serve you because ur rule is by fear.....pple dnt love you,they only pretend to out of fear.....love is unconditional and your is....quench hell and let us see how many people will actually serve you.
You drown men for disobeying you.....stalin killed for the same reason.....you asked the isrealites to kill people that worship any other except you,boko haram do the same thing.....jephtah sacrificed his daughter to you, meaning you accept human sacrifice like all other heaten gods.
I promise that if you ever exists and armagadon comes,i will ride with satan and the fallen angels against you and make sure you are sent to the bottomeless pit(pls make it hotter because you will enjoy it soon)
Satan never did anything to man by your own account in the bible.....he said we sld eat the fruit and be wise and it worked.....the worst thing he did was mess with job and you allowed it
But you
You unforgiving beast allowed your son to be killed so that you can forgive us and we still go to hell after that.
You allowed a bear to eat 52 children for insulting elijah.
You drowned you so called beloved ones because they disobeyed you....what would tge devil hav ton in this case?
You orded the murder,rape and enslavement or whole cities.
You allowed your beloved ones the isrealites to be enslaved because they disobeyed you due to your poor managerial skills.....even hitler would not do that.
I can go on and on to prove you are the greatest beast of them all.....even baal is better that you[/size][/b]

bros u dey vexooo
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by mustymatic(m): 10:36am On Jun 21, 2015
anselm791:

then why the old and new testament? is it the same too? why the change
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by BodyKiss(m): 10:39am On Jun 21, 2015
anselm791:

I'm not sure what old laws you're referring to, but I'm pretty sure this answers it..."for I have not come to abolish the laws, but to fulfill them" - JC

Yeah, says Jesus the son of God, who is God himself, who sent his only begotten son to come and safe mankind from his father's everlasting punishment.

Like our law makers, God needed law amendments to change his way of dealing with humans. Wonder why level of civilization also dictates his way of dealings with human. Could it be because it's all made up in our minds?

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by frank317: 10:49am On Jun 21, 2015
anselm791:

U can continue telling urself rubbish to make urself happy
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by anselm791(m): 11:03am On Jun 21, 2015
frank317:

U can continue telling urself rubbish to make urself happy
That's the plan.
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by anselm791(m): 11:10am On Jun 21, 2015
BodyKiss:

Yeah, says by Jesus the son of God, who is God himself, who sent his only begotten son to come and safe mankind from his father's everlasting punishment.

Like our law makers, God needed law amendments to change his way of dealing with humans. Wonder why level of civilization also dictates his way of dealings with human. Could it be because it's all made up in our minds?
It nothing like that, but you're right about the mind thing, that's where faith begins.
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by anselm791(m): 11:11am On Jun 21, 2015
mustymatic:

then why the old and new testament? is it the same too? why the change
Because of that man called Jesus.
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by Orunto: 11:19am On Jun 21, 2015
God is Unchangeable. He forgave Adam and Eve in Mary and in Christ Jesus. For God so loves the world that He gave His Son, Jesus Christ, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. This is the forgiveness for all generations of Adam and Eve and of Mary. We all have to die or sleep, but from there we get Visa, like ressurrection power, for eternal life, if we are faithful to God's Instructions. The Bible is all onomatopoeia, God's way of relating to humankind.
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 21, 2015
Orunto:
God is Unchangeable. He forgave Adam and Eve in Mary and in Christ Jesus. For God so loves the world that He gave His Son, Jesus Christ, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. This is the forgiveness for all generations of Adam and Eve and of Mary. We all have to die or sleep, but from there we get Visa, like ressurrection power, for eternal life, if we are faithful to God's Instructions. The Bible is all onomatopoeia, God's way of relating to humankind.
okhay I agree.. . so why do we still suffer the curse he laid on dem after dey ate d fruit and you said he forgave everything.......and yet women still labour in pain ...for d fact dat dearix no revocatn of d curse and u claim he forgave dem........I think he didn't forgive dem

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by BodyKiss(m): 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
anselm791:

It nothing like that, but you're right about the mind thing, that's where faith begins.

You have nothing to say.
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by anselm791(m): 12:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
BodyKiss:

You have nothing to say.
I know.
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by mustymatic(m): 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2015
anselm791:
Because of that man called Jesus.
A man, god, prophet, son, spirit?
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by anselm791(m): 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
mustymatic:

A man, god, prophet, son, spirit?
A God made Man by the Spirit which testifies Him as Son to be a Prophet who reconciles us with the Father.
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by aweda141(m): 1:57pm On Jun 21, 2015
Chinaimporter:
[size=13pt]Because the story is a big lie and The bible is a fake bullshit that we only accept because it is so ancient and we where brought up beliving it.
A lot of people on nairaland gave me 7 days to die if i dont repent but yesterday was the seventh day and your hopless god couldnt do a thing.
Let us stop being afraid of God because thousands of people are atheist,hindus buddist etc and nothing happens to them.
Churches are burnt,bibles are torn, saints are crucified and nothing happens.
If God says he exist and want us to worship him,let him write it in the sky.....why hide from us and ask us to belive u exist and if we dnt,you will punish us in hell while u say that you love us......sounds like something the devil will do not god.
Why give us many religions and ask us to blindly choose the right one and if we couldnt,you will punish us.
Why do you like our praises so much if you are so great and dont need us.....we never asked to be created in the first place.....why do you ask us to thank you for bringing us into this vile and ruthless world.
I will never worship or serve you because ur rule is by fear.....pple dnt love you,they only pretend to out of fear.....love is unconditional and your is....quench hell and let us see how many people will actually serve you.
You drown men for disobeying you.....stalin killed for the same reason.....you asked the isrealites to kill people that worship any other except you,boko haram do the same thing.....jephtah sacrificed his daughter to you, meaning you accept human sacrifice like all other heaten gods.
I promise that if you ever exists and armagadon comes,i will ride with satan and the fallen angels against you and make sure you are sent to the bottomeless pit(pls make it hotter because you will enjoy it soon)
Satan never did anything to man by your own account in the bible.....he said we sld eat the fruit and be wise and it worked.....the worst thing he did was mess with job and you allowed it
But you
You unforgiving beast allowed your son to be killed so that you can forgive us and we still go to hell after that.
You allowed a bear to eat 52 children for insulting elijah.
You drowned you so called beloved ones because they disobeyed you....what would tge devil hav ton in this case?
You orded the murder,rape and enslavement or whole cities.
You allowed your beloved ones the isrealites to be enslaved because they disobeyed you due to your poor managerial skills.....even hitler would not do that.
I can go on and on to prove you are the greatest beast of them all.....even baal is better that you[/size][/b]
you are placing a curse on urself
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by Ranchhoddas: 2:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
Sweetyie:
All I can say Is that they weren't in the era of GRACE
NONSENSE!
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2015
Atheist.. I laff at you (s).. like st paul rightly said, u guys will kip learning buh wud never b able to come to the knowledge of truth... Your only hope is to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour and b free.....
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by frank317: 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
Kaeboy:
okhay I agree.. . so why do we still suffer the curse he laid on dem after dey ate d fruit and you said he forgave everything.......and yet women still labour in pain ...for d fact dat dearix no revocatn of d curse and u claim he forgave dem........I think he didn't forgive dem

Lol... Even born again women still labour in pain. yet God has forgiven man because of the man Jesus. I still don't understand how they think God forgave man. He forgave man and retained the punishment?
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by hahn(m): 11:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
frank317:

Lol... Even born again women still labour in pain. yet God has forgiven man because of the man Jesus. I still don't understand how they think God forgave man. He forgave man and retained the punishment?

God has forgiven all sins through christ jesus.

You can now rob and kill people. Your sins are forgiven
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by hahn(m): 11:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
frank317:

God has forgiven all sins through christ jesus.

You can now rob and kill people. Your sins are forgiven
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by tunaguy(m): 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
seriously y would God punish us. for another man sins
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by Image123(m): 2:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
tunaguy:
I think about this most of the time why God didn't forgive Adam and eve and decided to forgive us that take part in bigger sins God didn't not just have mercy on them he also cursed them I feel like some part of the puzzle are missing..... is God really a changeable God
Repentance. Repentance is necessary for God's forgiveness.
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by MuttleyLaff: 9:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
tunaguy:
I think about this most of the time
It's good to just sit still and quietly think

tunaguy:
why God didn't forgive Adam and eve and decided to forgive us that take part in bigger sins
Instead of an admittance of sinning and an expression of regret or show of remorse
there was none of that but a lot of pointing at one another and a blame game going on.

God nonetheless did forgive Adam and Eve, this He started with a promise of redemption in Gen 3:15
and the act of love in Gen 3:21,
Apart from the garment making done in Gen 3:21 for Adam and Eve, shedding of blood & forgiveness took place first.
The correlation between shedding of blood & forgiveness is explained away in
Hebrews 9:22 and Leviticus 17:11

As Moses' Teachings tell us,
blood was used to cleanse almost everything,
because if no blood is shed, no sins can be forgiven
- Hebrews 9:22

for the life of the body is in its blood.
I have given you the blood on the altar to purify you, making you right with the LORD.
It is the blood, given in exchange for a life, that makes purification possible.
- Leviticus 17:11

Adam passed on this important knowledge he saw God perform and learned from Him to his sons too, but Abel got killed by his brother practising it

tunaguy:
God did not just have mercy on them
God would have blasted them to obliteration, if He didn't have mercy on them

22The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease.
23Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning
- Lamentations 2:22-23

He has not dealt with us as our sins deserve
or repaid us according to our offenses
- Psalm 103:10

To relate with Lamentations 2:22-23, Psalm 103:10 and to understand "... His mercies begin afresh each morning"
try and recall what God did for Adam & Eve, after Cain killed Abel, his brother.

tunaguy:
he also cursed them
Haba, Chief how and where did God curse Adam or Eve?

God cursed the serpent alright, saying:
"Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field..."
but He neither cursed Adam or Eve,
He only affirmed a fact, when He said to Adam that:
"the ground is cursed because of you" or "cursed is the ground because of you"

This is perfectly understandable,
as the ground referred to here, is the garden of Eden, which because of Adam, is no longer immuned.

The fact of the matter is that, when Adam ate the fruit, he embraced and welcomed in death.
This unleashed and opened a Pandora's box affecting not just only Adam
but all and anything that has connection with the ground

Eden, has inherited Adam's bad luck of unfavorable outcomes
(i.e. Eden, like Adam too, lost its divine protection from the process of degenerating)
Eden, like the ground outside, which incidentally is what Adam is made up off or made from,
is now responsive to a life of toil, blood, sweat & tears
and will turn into a/become a wilderness (i.e. Matthew 4:1 or Mark 1:12)

tunaguy:
I feel like some part of the puzzle are missing
The missing puzzle pieces are trust and repentance

Adam did not trust God's word
even after committing the sin by the eating, he did not show any signs of regret or remorse (i.e. repentance)
instead, when queried about the fruit, he tried to justify the eating, saying:
“The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate.”

This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says:
"In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength,
but you would have none of it
- Isaiah 30:15

tunaguy:
is God really a changeable God
No, God actually always remains eternally the same.
He is the unchangeable Changer
From the very beginning, Eden and up to now, it is never an issue of God changing,
but is more of, God taking actions,
God dealing with the sin-problem and the repercussions introduced into the system when Adam strained the relationship between man and God.

The gift of Salvation, restoring that lost relationship, the Kingdom of Heaven
and not creating a religion, is the Good News Jesus preached and taught

"I am the LORD, and I do not change.
That is why you descendants of Jacob are not already destroyed
- Malachi 3:6

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by NnaNna4(m): 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
tunaguy:
I think about this most of the time why God didn't forgive Adam and eve and decided to forgive us that take part in bigger sins God didn't not just have mercy on them he also cursed them I feel like some part of the puzzle are missing..... is God really a changeable God

Guy are u really thinking properly?That bigger sin was as a result of Eves smaller sin.
Nonetheless, God forgave Adam and Eve but guy read ur bible they lost the Paradise to avoid even graver sin...THE TREE OF LIFE. If they eat they will never DIE.

HAVE YOU READ THE BOOK PARADISE LOST BY MILTON. YOU WILL FIND EVERY DETAILS INCLUDING HOW THE DEVIL DECEIVED THE ANGELS GUARDING EDEN TO GET IN TO THE GARDEN.
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 12, 2015
most of you atheist arguing haven't even read the bible but want to argue, how can u do a book review when you haven't read the book? nd please wer was it recorded that they asked for forgiveness?

one human will just open topic,
why did God punish Abraham for so long before giving him a child?
why this why dat, just to cause controversy. The thing that people don't understand is that, you can never understand God if u haven't accepted him. so u atheist asking a fellow human why their God did this can get a wrong answer, nd then u begin to argue. Just so pathetic. yeye.
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by tunaguy(m): 7:54am On Jul 13, 2015
NnaNna4:

Guy are u really thinking properly?That bigger sin was as a result of Eves smaller sin.
Nonetheless, God forgave Adam and Eve but guy read ur bible they lost the Paradise to avoid even graver sin...THE TREE OF LIFE. If they eat they will never DIE.

HAVE YOU READ THE BOOK PARADISE LOST BY MILTON. YOU WILL FIND EVERY DETAILS INCLUDING HOW THE DEVIL DECEIVED THE ANGELS GUARDING EDEN TO GET IN TO THE GARDEN.
God didn't forgive if he still laid punishment
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by Image123(m): 5:43pm On Jul 13, 2015
Did Adam and Eve repent?
tunaguy:
God didn't forgive if he still laid punishment

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by MuttleyLaff: 4:04am On Jul 14, 2015
Image123:
Did Adam and Eve repent?
Not recorded they did
but I think they did afterwards which is why Adam taught his sons about "sin offering and/or burnt offering"

tunaguy:
God didn't forgive
Dont think you really know, understand and fully appreciate all that went down in Gen 3:21

To start with, a sin was comitted in Eden
then God performed the first "sin offering" when He sacrificed an animal to cover up Adam and Eve's sin
This is the first recorded "cover up" in the Bible. This "cover up" is otherwise known as atonement too

The LORD God made clothes from animal skins for the man and his wife and dressed them
- Gen 3:21

Now according to Leviticus 7:7-8, those animal skins, where by rights, God's (i.e. He has the first choice for them)
but He relinquished this right, to make clothing for Adam and his wife from the animal skins.

The act of love and God being concerned more with the needs and wishes of others than with His own is undeniable in Gen 3:21

Adam learned about the sin offering from God and rightly so passed it on to his sons
but it is only Abel who took to it or took after it.

Genesis 4:4-7
4Abel also brought a gift—the best of the firstborn lambs from his flock.
The Lord accepted Abel and his gift,
5but he did not accept Cain and his gift.
This made Cain very angry, and he looked dejected.
6“Why are you so angry?” the Lord asked Cain.
“Why do you look so dejected?
7You will be accepted if you do what is right.
But if you refuse to do what is right, then watch out!
Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you.
But you must subdue it and be its master.”

That "sin offering" carried out by God in Eden for Adam and his wife was forgiveness
As previously mentioned, shedding of blood & forgiveness took place first before the clothing of Adam and his wife
Repeating the connection between shedding of blood & forgiveness is succinctly explained away in Hebrews 9:22 and Leviticus 17:11

tunaguy:
if he still laid punishment
It is nothing like "... He still laid punishment"

You seem to be misunderstanding the principle of causation
You're confusing consequence with punishment

If it was said "Dont touch the stove, as touching will get one burned",
if one went to touch the stove, what is that unpleasant or painful experience called?
Is it consequence or punishment?

If someone jumps out a plane without using a parachute,
what will the ensued unpleasant or painful experience be called?
Would it be consequence or punishment?

Have you ever heard judges say "my hands are tied by the sentencing rules" or "My hands are tied on your sentence"

God's Hands too, were tied in this matter,
He could not interfere with the cause and effect process, afterall the wages of sin is death,
but notwithstanding death, the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord,
so it's no use crying over spilled milk or dwell pointlessly on this death past misfortune thing
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve by Farhannoor: 12:03pm On Nov 29, 2016
IF god doesn't forgive some one (because he chooses who he forgives wether they repent or not) they do not to go heaven,so where do they go? HE'LL

Islam does not say god did not forgive them,it says they repented and he forgave them .The devil however,who was not an angel at first,he was part of the demon race who like us have free will,he did not repent ,so he was about to be sent to hell and he asked if he can lead man astray...Allah being wise and fair to his creation did.

So if Allah knew the devil would betray him,why did he create him?he created him as a test for everyone,wether we would accept his whispers and do sins.Allah counts even the atom of sin and atom of good deed,he says if you repent (sincerly) he will forgive you.

The quran is the most respected holy book,it has science,poetry, and answers that we humans cannot get,it predicted isreal would take over palestine and steal their land.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

LADIES Be Careful Of The Men You Let Into Your Heart And Enter Your Body / Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring / Which Light Did God Create On The First Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.