Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer (2847 Views)

Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? / Question Of The Day. Why Didn't God Give Satan A Second Chance? / Why Didn't God Curse Man But The Ground (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by AkachukwuD(m): 1:47pm On Mar 04, 2017
Please I want to ask a question.

1) When God created Lucifer didn't he know that He will later rebel against him. ( Since he can see the future)

2) Why didn't God forgive Lucifer when he rebelled against him. (Bible teaches us to always forgive those who did bad to us)

Please I need answers. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by Nutase: 1:55pm On Mar 04, 2017
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by thesicilian: 2:00pm On Mar 04, 2017
I guess because he didn't ask for forgiveness; he only gave excuses. As for the first question, I have no idea.

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by Mrbigman1(m): 2:02pm On Mar 04, 2017
Do u know dat long after his disobedience, he was still left up to enjoy the privileges in heaven?

U remember the time of job? He came to heaven among worshipers when God saw him and they talked about job.

That's by the way. God is supreme, u must b willing and ask for forgiveness to be forgiven.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by Lucasinho(m): 2:03pm On Mar 04, 2017
The problem isn't that God will not forgive Satan; the problem is that Satan will not stop fighting God. Even now he is trying any means He can used to Over throne God..

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by fav444(f): 2:04pm On Mar 04, 2017
1. Lucifer was reported to be a proud angel.
God hates pride. He just can't stand a proud person.

2. Scan through the Bible front and back, never is it on record that God refused or rejected a plea for mercy. We were not told that Lucifer pleaded. If he had, who knows God wouldnt have rejected it. The difference between David and Eli was that the former always asked for mercy each time he trespassed while the latter said "He is God let Him do what He deems fit.

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by greatnaija01: 2:11pm On Mar 04, 2017
FIRST we need to remind you that it is we humans and other creations that function under LAWS..... GOD IS ABOVE THE LAWS HE GIVES US!!!! That is why HE IS GOD.

NEXT, God does not react or plan the way we do. I WILL NOT DEFEND GOD BUT I WILL EXPLAIN IT THIS WAY, whenever God does anything he has already finished it in HIS AWESOME MIND, so the temporal betrayals and every possible event has already been considered and yet HIS ULTIMATE plan would not FAIL no matter what happens in the process.... THAT IS THE PROWESS OF HIS OMNIPOTENT POWER AND INFINITE AUTHORITY!!!

The ability to venture into a business or a creative structure after carefully considering all possible delays,failures and OUTCOMES would only make the END more WONDERFUL..... That is GOD!!!

NOW THE BIBLE SAYS AS HEAVEN IS FAR FROM EARTH SO ARE HIS WAYS ARE FAR FROM OUR WAYS AND HIS THOUGHTS FROM OUR THOUGHTS..... This should show you that the devil in all his craftiness and mayhem he is causing on earth is still in the grand design of God, and may even be wasting the TIME he could have used to repent!!!

Jesus the son of God knew Judas was a thief and still allowed him to be the treasurer. This shows that Jesus learned it from God. God does not throw away the things he created if they go bad, rather HE finds another use for them.

NOW TO YOUR SECOND QUESTION...lolzzzzz
GOD HAS ACTUALLY FORGIVEN THE DEVIL.... But most of us humans do not know that FORGIVENESS is not ACCEPTANCE.
EVERY ONE WHO IS IN HELL TODAY has been FORGIVEN..... but didnt get accepted. This may not make sense but i will explain

YOU SEE, GOD'S NATURE is LOVE.... but Love is not a fool. You can forgive a person and never be the person's friend again so that you do not give them the chance to HURT YOU AGAIN.
Forgiveness does not also mean the consequences are taken away.... THE DEVIL IS ONLY IN THE CONSEQUENCE OF HIS BETRAYAL.... Hell is the only vacant zone he can live in..
This is why we need to understand that there is mighty difference between FORGIVENESS and REPENTANCE.... most Christians ask God to Forgive without REPENTING. Forgiveness is an offer of mercy but REPENTANCE is where the real CHANGE IN THE PERSONALITY has OCCURRED!!!! iT WOULD BE EASY FOR THE DEVIL TO REPENT but once PRIDE entered him there was no way he could change unless through CONSEQUENCES!!!

The bible even has no cure for PRIDE!!!! This is why it is one of the most deadly sins that even HOLY MEN OF GOD COMMIT WITHOUT KNOWING.

Look at it this way.... the Government can forgive boko haram and militants BUT accepting them back without any consequence or reprimand for their crimes is not possible.

THE ONES WHO WERE ACCEPTED ARE THOSE WHO CAME WILLINGLY TO DROP THEIR ARMS at the Government house!!!!

I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND GOD NOW. ALL I HAVE SAID IS PROVEN IN SCRIPTURES ALL THROUGH The Old n New testament.... Pls do your research and Confirm it.

AkachukwuD:

1) When God created Lucifer didn't he know that He will later rebel against him. ( Since he can see the future)

2) Why didn't God forgive Lucifer when he rebelled against him. (Bible teaches us to always forgive those who didn't bad to us)

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by randomperson: 3:17pm On Mar 04, 2017
fav444:
1. Lucifer was reported to be a proud angel.
God hates pride. He just can't stand a proud person.

2. Scan through the Bible front and back, never is it on record that God refused or rejected a plea for mercy. We were not told that Lucifer pleaded. If he had, who knows God wouldnt have rejected it. The difference between David and Eli was that the former always asked for mercy each time he trespassed while the latter said "He is God let Him do what He deems fit.

God is going to reject the eternal pleas of mercy of the people in hell. So you're wrong

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by sonmvayina(m): 3:32pm On Mar 04, 2017
first misconception, Lucifer is a 'she' not a He...secondly, the bible never said there is only one God....Lucifer is the Goddess of wisdom, she is known as Aphrodite by the Greeks, Venus by the Romans, Inanna by the Babylonians, Olokun by the edo/Bini.....and believe it or not, she is Mary the mother of Jesus...she is also the who.re of Babylon and the subject of Isaiah 47....

she and Marduk are sworn enemies....
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 04, 2017
sonmvayina:
first misconception, Lucifer is a 'she' not a He...secondly, the bible never said there is only one God....Lucifer is the Goddess of wisdom, she is known as Aphrodite by the Greeks, Venus by the Romans, Inanna by the Babylonians, Olokun by the edo/Bini.....and believe it or not, she is Mary the mother of Jesus...she is also the who.re of Babylon and the subject of Isaiah 47....

she and Marduk are sworn enemies....
Hahaha
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by sonmvayina(m): 3:46pm On Mar 04, 2017
adepeter26:

Hahaha
just listen and make up your mind....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G4Gd7qyQu0

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 04, 2017
AkachukwuD:

2) Why didn't God forgive Lucifer when he rebelled against him. (Bible teaches us to always forgive those who did bad to us)

With this your name, your questions are disappointing

1) God doesn't create villains. All that the Lord creates is good but we all have the freedom of choice , we can chose between good or bad. God created Lucifer because he had a chance to chose good, God knew this and God gave him that chance

2) If God didn't forgive Lucifer why is he still alive? Lucifer is not interested in repentance, he is vile, a trickster and a liar, he has made his number one job the destruction of souls. Can such a creature repent? Also evil never goes unpunished where God is concerned

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by sonmvayina(m): 7:09pm On Mar 04, 2017
Lucifer is not a proper name of any being...it is a title of a woman...it means light bearer...Accordinng to John 8:12, jesus is the light...so that makes Mary his mother Lucifer or the light bearer....

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by hopefulLandlord: 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2017
Pidgin2:

1) God doesn't create villains. All that the Lord creates is good but we all have the freedom of choice , we can chose between good or bad. God created Lucifer because he had a chance to chose good, God knew this and God gave him that chance

god is omniscient, right?
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by analice107: 10:24pm On Mar 04, 2017
Mrbigman1:
Do u know dat long after his disobedience, he was still left up to enjoy the privileges in heaven?

U remember the time of job? He came to heaven among worshipers when God saw him and they talked about job.

That's by the way. God is supreme, u must b willing and ask for forgiveness to be forgiven.
But, even Man never asked for forgiveness. In fact, till today, Man has never asked for forgiveness for that sin. God provided a ransome for Man without man acknowledge his sins. Man only wanted to get back to God only because he wanted his kingdom which he lost to Lucifer back, he was and has never been really remorseful for what he did.

So, yeah, the question still remains, why didn't God forgive Satan? Lets hear.
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by analice107: 10:28pm On Mar 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

god is omniscient, right?
Right. Bring it on.
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by hopefulLandlord: 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2017
analice107:

Right. Bring it on.

did he know lucifer would sin against him or not?

did he know lucifer would tempt eve into eating the fruit or not

did he know eve would eat the apple or not?

did he know eve would give Adam the apple or not?

does god know what I'll drink before I sleep? (I'm contemplating drinking 1 out of 7 options I have)

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by petra1(m): 10:49pm On Mar 04, 2017
AkachukwuD:

The better question is has Satan asked to be forgiven ?
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by analice107: 10:52pm On Mar 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

did he know lucifer would sin against him or not?

did he know lucifer would tempt eve into eating the fruit or not

did he know eve would eat the apple or not?

did he know eve would give Adam the apple or not?

does god know what I'll drink before I sleep? (I'm contemplating drinking 1 out of 7 options I have)
Let's start from here. Does God exists?
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by Uyi168: 11:04pm On Mar 04, 2017
god needs an opposer to be relevant..

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by Valey(m): 11:26pm On Mar 04, 2017
God's forgiveness is only for the beings created with flesh, it is not for the spiritual creatures, neither is it for the spirits who can transform themselves into flesh... Once you are out of flesh the forgiveness is no longer for you. SATAN is only on this earth recieving punishment, he can not ask for forgiveness because there are no such provision for the erred spirits.
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by Nobody: 2:48am On Mar 05, 2017
Perfect answer.
Mrbigman1:

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by Nobody: 2:53am On Mar 05, 2017
God is not a God of the dead but of the living. If Hitler or Gaddafi or Osama asked for mercy while alive, God would have forgiven them. That's how merciful God us.

People in hell don't ask for mercy because they're sorry for they sins but because of the fire.
randomperson:

God is going to reject the eternal pleas of mercy of the people in hell. So you're wrong
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by Nobody: 2:56am On Mar 05, 2017
Another good answer.
Valey:
God's forgiveness is only for the beings created with flesh, it is not for the spiritual creatures, neither is it for the spirits who can transform themselves into flesh... Once you are out of flesh the forgiveness is no longer for you. SATAN is only on this earth recieving punishment, he can not ask for forgiveness because there are no such provision for the erred spirits.
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by hopefulLandlord: 6:54am On Mar 05, 2017
analice107:

Let's start from here. Does God exists?

this question has no bearing to the discussion you said I should "bring on"

now answer the questions please

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by Soljaboi44(m): 7:01am On Mar 05, 2017
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by AkachukwuD(m): 9:03am On Mar 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

2) If God didn't forgive Lucifer why is he still alive? Lucifer is not interested in repentance, he is vile, a trickster and a liar, he has made his number one job the destruction of souls. Can such a creature repent? Also evil never goes unpunished where God is concerned

What was his purpose for creating hell
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by Breakdbond: 9:29am On Mar 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

Ewoo, hw wrong was God to KNOW that lucifer might choose good, after seeing he/God failed he still kept his failure/lucifer alive.. . What a all knowing and loving God.
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by orisa37: 10:28am On Mar 05, 2017
Lucifer is just an example of insubordination. Insubordination hasn't the capacity to be subordinate. And God keeps Subordination and Insubordination parallel and handles them separately to soothe His Pleasures. Are you jealous of that?
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by analice107: 2:39pm On Mar 05, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

this question has no bearing to the discussion you said I should "bring on"

now answer the questions please
Hopefullanland, if you accuse God of anything, He must of necessity exist first right?

Now, this is the discussion ongoing..., Does God exists?
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by Pastafarian: 2:43pm On Mar 05, 2017
analice107:

Hopefullanland, if you accuse God of anything, He must of necessity exist first right?
Now, this is the discussion ongoing..., Does God exists?

I could accuse Jack in Titanic of being foolish, I could accuse Prince Geoffrey of being a wicked king

they don't "of necessity" have to exist for anyone to discuss them

now answer my questions and stop throwing red herrings
Re: Why Didn't God Forgive Lucifer by analice107: 8:21pm On Mar 05, 2017
Pastafarian:

I could accuse Jack in Titanic of being foolish, I could accuse Prince Geoffrey of being a wicked king

they don't "of necessity" have to exist for anyone to discuss them

now answer my questions and stop throwing red herrings
Why then aren't you obsessed with these characters and what they do or do not do, instead of Yahweh? You sound like a child, and am done giving attention to you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Was Deceived. / My Reading Of The Holy Bible And Matters Arising / You Are Invited To The Deeper Life Easter Retreat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.