Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility (4471 Views)

Is It The Responsibility Of A Man To Take Care Of His Wife's Family? / It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi / American Woman's Father Accepts Her Nigerian Husband Finally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by bukatyne(f): 11:38am On Jun 22, 2015
5minsmadness:

Maybe no or maybe yes. Some women are beaten for no reason at all. Those women deserve to be pitied. But the truth has to be told that some women provoke thier husbands to beat them. By the time they receive a pounding or two they will tone down on thier verbal abuse.
Brutal and wrong, yes. But very effective

You posted the above right?

5minsmadness:
Yes it would!
You totally get my point.
Wait...

You are being sarcastic aren't you undecided

Were you sarcastic with the bolded
Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by 5minsmadness: 11:39am On Jun 22, 2015
bukatyne:

You posted the above right?

Were you sarcastic with the bolded
NO I wasn't. It's fact.
Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by bukatyne(f): 11:40am On Jun 22, 2015
5minsmadness:

NO I wasn't. It's fact.

Then you answered your question wink
Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by ireneidiva(f): 1:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
juicee1:
the both of you are dull and that's the reason some men beat some sense into their wives.

If you've never been shown the consequence of your actions, you'll never know to stop the act.

To you mugus, ranting is ok but stopping the rant with a slap is evil.

Quote me and die young

grin
You are the dull person. Who was even talking to you
Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by ireneidiva(f): 1:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
mcdokwe:
maybe no but she needs to realize the damage she's causing and stop already
So what if you hit her and she dies in the process? If you can't stand a woman again, take her back to her father, violence is not the solution.
Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by mcdokwe(m): 2:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
ireneidiva:

So what if you hit her and she dies in the process? If you can't stand a woman again, take her back to her father, violence is not the solution.
you get it wrong, nobody marries to divorce later. mine have always been that people, men and women should realize that their actions, inactions and utterances affect relationships, if you didn't know and It is being pointed out to you, rather than ask to be sent home or try hard to prove you are right or have the powers to do what you want damning your supposed partner, change, I mean CHANGE

1 Like

Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by simpleseyi: 3:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
I am at the wrong place.
Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by chigoizie7(m): 3:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
angieberry:
I know some women's mouth can push their otherwise gentle husband's to do the unthinkable. But, as she said, it's still no excuse to beat up your wife. Just leave quietly while she rants.

The only time we can truly learn, is when we accept the flaws, without any "BUT".

If u want to trust and believe someone, please remove "BUT".

U are already accepting that the woman is wrong, but adding "BUT" not enough reason to beat a wife, rather allow her to rant. U ve invariably told yourself that ranting is good but beating the wife is bad, and for that reason, u have made up your mind never to stop ranting, u might not have voiced it out, but believe u me. That is what it is psychologically,

Having justified ranting, u can never stop it, and u can never see ranting as a bad thing,u have seen ranting as a woman thing, u have been blind by your justification that ranting should not cause any harm to the family or your partner, when in actual sense, it is the cause of so many matrimonial related problems.

I would rather u slap me, beat me up than rant on me, we re different individuals. different strokes for different folks

1 Like

Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by angieberry(f): 3:39pm On Jun 22, 2015
Okay then. The punishment for a ranting woman should be to beat her black and blue.
chigoizie7:

The only time we can truly learn, is when we accept the flaws, without any "BUT".

If u want to trust and believe someone, please remove "BUT".

U are already accepting that the woman is wrong, but adding "BUT" not enough reason to beat a wife, rather allow her to rant. U ve invariably told yourself that ranting is good but beating the wife is bad, and for that reason, u have made up your mind never to stop ranting, u might not have voiced it out, but believe u me. That is what it is psychologically,

Having justified ranting, u can never stop it, and u can never see ranting as a bad thing,u have seen ranting as a woman thing, u have been blind by your justification that ranting should not cause any harm to the family or your partner, when in actual sense, it is the cause of so many matrimonial related problems.

I would rather u slap me, beat me up than rant on me, we re different individuals. different strokes for different folks
Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by chigoizie7(m): 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
angieberry:
Okay then. The punishment for a ranting woman should be to beat her black and blue.

I should not have mentioned u in the 1st place, apparently, this is a wrong thread for me to meddle in.

*beating a wife is out of the question,( no sane man should ever raise a hand on a woman). I hold this in high esteem.

*the writer used her case/self as an example, she was only but telling us to see reasons why we should 1st of all caution ourselves. It was her actions that resulted to the beating(she even condemned the beating so am I).but her focus on passing the message is not why she was beaten, but why she must prevent being beaten.

*that is were u all got it all wrong. no man should beat a woman. All u need to do is to do your own part and forget the rest, u were justifying her acts.

* and if u truly want to accept the and learn from the message she is passing, then there is no room for "BUT".

*we all knew that hitting a lady is wrong, your own concern is, what u should or should not do to avoid being hit.

* I am not saying he should beat her black/blue, all I am saying is to do your part. We are not judging her lamentations here, we should be learning from her lamentations.

Not just in this very case, apart from this, if u really want to change or learn from people please remove "BUT".

All desist from single stories. because, from the way u are talking now, u re only seeing things in the lady's perspective.

And if she were ur friend and thus complained this to u, ur response to her will be. "Why must he beat her?" U re correct ooh, but that single sided judgement will be disastrous.

Whatever happens to the reason why he beat her? Can that reason be averted?

3 Likes

Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by angieberry(f): 4:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
Don't misunderstand me. Remember the writer also agreed that hitting a woman for whatever reason is wrong. I never implied that ranting was right. I simply stated that if a woman is dumb enough to rant at her husband, he should not resort to violence to put her right. Instead, he should simply walk away from her insultive words so that his anger will be contained. That's all! I reiterate, hitting a lady for whatever reason is wrong!
chigoizie7:

I should not have mentioned u in the 1st place, apparently, this is a wrong thread for me to meddle in.

*beating a wife is out of the question,( no sane man should ever raise a hand on a woman). I hold this in high esteem.

*the writer used her case/self as an example, she was only but telling us to see reasons why we should 1st of all caution ourselves. It was her actions that resulted to the beating(she even condemned the beating so am I).but her focus on passing the message is not why she was beaten, but why she must prevent being beaten.

*that is were u all got it all wrong. no man should beat a woman. All u need to do is to do your own part and forget the rest, u were justifying her acts.

* and if u truly want to accept the and learn from the message she is passing, then there is no room for "BUT".

*we all knew that hitting a lady is wrong, your own concern is, what u should or should not do to avoid being hit.

* I am not saying he should beat her black/blue, all I am saying is to do your part. We are not judging her lamentations here, we should be learning from her lamentations.

Not just in this very case, apart from this, if u really want to change or learn from people please remove "BUT".

All desist from single stories. because, from the way u are talking now, u re only seeing things in the lady's perspective.

And if she were ur friend and thus complained this to u, ur response to her will be. "Why must he beat her?" U re correct ooh, but that single sided judgement will be disastrous.

Whatever happens to the reason why he beat her? Can that reason be averted?
Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by mcdokwe(m): 6:59pm On Jun 22, 2015
angieberry:
Don't misunderstand me. Remember the writer also agreed that hitting a woman for whatever reason is wrong. I never implied that ranting was right. I simply stated that if a woman is dumb enough to rant at her husband, he should not resort to violence to put her right. Instead, he should simply walk away from her insultive words so that his anger will be contained. That's all! I reiterate, hitting a lady for whatever reason is wrong!
for how long will a man continue "walking away" from his home? how much longer would it take for him to embrace late nights out, alcoholism and possibly other women "walking away" for how long will a man continue "understanding she is a woman" (like we were not all born by one) before he becomes a nut case running away from the same woman he was supposed to be building a home with?

it pains me that we are all sentimentalizing this issue defending womanhood when our focus should be on the effects of our actions on the family thereby creating assumptions it is just okay to deliberately mess up for those with less discerning spirits.

3 Likes

Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by angieberry(f): 7:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
When I say walk away, bottom line is he should just ignore her, not necessarily what you mentioned. I agree that a woman should not rant at Her husband but when she's foolish enough to foi do, it does not give the man reason to beat her up. Okay, you feel he should not keep walking away, what do you suggest he does?
mcdokwe:
for how long will a man continue "walking away" from his home? how much longer would it take for him to embrace late nights out, alcoholism and possibly other women "walking away" for how long will a man continue "understanding she is a woman" (like we were not all born by one) before he becomes a nut case running away from the same woman he was supposed to be building a home with?

it pains me that we are all sentimentalizing this issue defending womanhood when our focus should be on the effects of our actions on the family thereby creating assumptions it is just okay to deliberately mess up for those with less discerning spirits.
Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by mcdokwe(m): 8:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
angieberry:
When I say walk away, bottom line is he should just ignore her, not necessarily what you mentioned. I agree that a woman should not rant at Her husband but when she's foolish enough to foi do, it does not give the man reason to beat her up. Okay, you feel he should not keep walking away, what do you suggest he does?
I suggest the woman realises the damage she is doing and stops already.

personally, if I were dating a woman for fun, I'd careless about her insulting me in the name of rants, but if it happens to be someone I love, it will bite my very being and don't go to whom I have made my wife already, I don't want to imagine how it feels like, but what if I give a silent treatment? what if I rebuff any attempt from her to make up? what if.... what would become of the family?
Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by cococandy(f): 12:21am On Jun 23, 2015
bukatyne:

Now this is funny!

Did you mean to say typical feminists or extreme feminists?

I know extreme Christians who do not eat with their unbelieving parents... Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.... Perhaps there is something wrong with Christianity?

You identify with a lot of issues? 60% 70% 80%?

Me thinks you cannot be in the middle. It is either you are or you are not

LOL!

Have a good day

grin
Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by Ewuro4: 4:55am On Jun 23, 2015
mcdokwe:
I suggest the woman realises the damage she is doing and stops already.

I agree wholeheartedly. Do unto others ...

1 Like

Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by ireneidiva(f): 5:23am On Jun 23, 2015
mcdokwe:
you get it wrong, nobody marries to divorce later. mine have always been that people, men and women should realize that their actions, inactions and utterances affect relationships, if you didn't know and It is being pointed out to you, rather than ask to be sent home or try hard to prove you are right or have the powers to do want you want damning your supposed partner, change, I mean CHANGE
Men have actually beaten their wives to death. In that case, divorce or separation would have been way better. If you can't stand a woman's 'rants' send her back! Hitting is never the solution. As you already know, some men hit their wives every single day and these women still do not shut up. So you see, it doesn't always work.

2 Likes

Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by mcdokwe(m): 6:35am On Jun 23, 2015
ireneidiva:

Men have actually beaten their wives to death. In that case, divorce or separation would have been way better. If you can't stand a woman's 'rants' send her back! Hitting is never the solution. As you already know, some men hit their wives every single day and these women still do not shut up. So you see, it doesn't always work.
granted, but do you see that reason they will never stop is because they have been made to see it was ok for them to continue?
Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by blackberry101: 8:02am On Jun 23, 2015
angieberry:
I know some women's mouth can push their otherwise gentle husband's to do the unthinkable. But, as she said, it's still no excuse to beat up your wife. Just leave quietly while she rants.
did u read the part that she slapped her husband first? I guess u did!
Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by bukatyne(f): 10:18am On Jun 23, 2015
cococandy:
grin

cheesy

I guess there is a middle line somewhere antifemfeminist grin

Ask anti-feminists

* If they are inferior to men, mbanu
* If they are inferior to their husbands, mbanu
* If their husbands order them around, mbanu
* Can your husband tell you to stop working, mbanu
* If they order their wives round, mbanu

Yet, when they are talking ill of feminists, they are women who do not let their husbands order them bla bla

Omotola is not a feminist yet her husband goes to the market (she doesn't like it), she built a career almost at the expense of her home, had sex scandals about (true or not). (Not saying Omotola is behaving like a feminist; she is behaving like NL's definition of feminism) cheesy

Let Chiamanda be Omotola or let Omotola be same and profess to be a feminist; her marriage would have ended on NL grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by TooNoisy(f): 1:35pm On Jun 23, 2015
bukatyne:

Omotola is not a feminist yet her husband goes to the market (she doesn't like it), she built a career almost at the expense of her home, had sex scandals about (true or not). (Not saying Omotola is behaving like a feminist; she is behaving like NL's definition of feminism)

Must you comment all the time even if it doesn't make sense? I intentionally ignored all the rubbish you wrote and wished you a nice day because responding will be a waste of my precious time.

So because Omotola does not identify as a feminist, she built her career at the expense of her home and had sex scandals. You are the ones that run your mouth bringing down successful women because you have nothing to show for your life; yet you go about claiming you are championing the cause of women.

A young girl reading your comments who wanted to build an Acting career may be discouraged because of the things people like you will say about her. You are the same society you often criticize as being unfair to woman. You have been extremely unfair to another woman just because she does not call herself a feminist.

Omotola is extremely successful and you can hate all you care. She has four lovely children and I cannot understand how you can claim she built a career at the expense of her family. Her kids are all grown and are doing well. Her husband loves her and that is all we know. Whether he goes to the market or not, is not your business. I'm sure her sex scandals were with your broke-ass brothers, abi?

You do not exist outside Nairaland so just stfu and get a life!

4 Likes

Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by bukatyne(f): 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
TooNoisy:

Must you comment all the time even if it doesn't make sense? I intentionally ignored all the rubbish you wrote and wished you a nice day because responding to you was a waste of time.

And you decided not to sense now abi?

You must be counting all my posts to know 'I comment all the time'

I did not write rubbish; I asked you a simple question which I know you cannot answer. How can you be sympathetic to most of feminism causes without been a feminist? Is there a middle ground? undecided

TooNoisy:
So because Omotola does not identify as a feminist, she built her career at the expense of her home and had sex scandals. You are the ones that run your mouth bringing down successful women because you have nothing to show for your life; yet you go about claiming you are championing the cause of women.

Unfortunately, I am not responsible for you comprehension issues.

It is no secret that the earlier part of OmoT's career was tasking on her home; a lot of scandals have rocked the diva sexually; a picture floated on NL years ago of a guy placing his hand on her butt; there were allegations she dated one Taiwo and slept with Beckham for $1m etc. Google is your friend. Or maybe I fabricated all the rumors also grin

It is no secret I appreciate OmoT always and her husband more, the pilot did a very very good job but as always, you see what you want to see.

@OmoT claiming anti-feminist; you better don't take them serious. They are whatever sells their brand.

TooNoisy:
A young girl reading your comments who wanted to build an Acting career may be discouraged because of the things people like you will say about her. You are the same society you often criticize as being unfair to woman. You have been extremely unfair to another woman just because she does not call herself a feminist.

@Bold: really cry me a river.

@ rest, don't be so ridiculous undecided

TooNoisy:
Omotola is extremely successful and you can hate all you care. She has four lovely children and I cannot understand how you can claim she built a career at the expense of her family. Her kids are all grown and are doing well. Her husband loves her and that is all we know. Whether he goes to the market or not is not your business. I'm sure her sex scandals were with your brothers, abi?

Don't be daft noise maker grin

OmoT is successful and I appreciate that.

I am sure I have dropped lovely comments on 90% of her threads here. I love OmoT and her style kiss

TooNoisy:
You do not exist outside Nairaland so just stfu and get a life!

Yawns..

Very boring cheesy

I can see you are itching for a fight ba? cheesy

Now you get a life wink

2 Likes

Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by TooNoisy(f): 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
bukatyne:

And you decided not to sense now abi?

You must be counting all my posts to know 'I comment all the time'

I did not write rubbish; I asked you a simple question which I know you cannot answer. How can you be sympathetic to most of feminism causes without been a feminist? Is there a middle ground? undecided

Unfortunately, I am not responsible for you comprehension issues.

It is no secret that the earlier part of OmoT's career was tasking on her home; a lot of scandals have rocked the diva sexually; a picture floated on NL years ago of a guy placing his hand on her butt; there were allegations she dated one Taiwo and slept with Beckham for $1m etc. Google is your friend. Or maybe I fabricated all the rumors also grin

It is no secret I appreciate OmoT always and her husband more, the pilot did a very very good job but as always, you see what you want to see.

@OmoT claiming anti-feminist; you better don't take them serious. They are whatever sells their brand.

@Bold: really cry me a river.

@ rest, don't be so ridiculous undecided

Don't be daft noise maker grin

OmoT is successful and I appreciate that.

I am sure I have dropped lovely comments on 90% of her threads here. I love OmoT and her style kiss

Yawns..

Very boring cheesy

I can see you are itching for a fight ba? cheesy

Now you get a life wink

Stop playing dumb. You cannot be a fan of Omotola and continue to spread rumours about her marriage. A guy placing his hands on her butt is part of her role as an actress. I am sure you have never watched any American movies in your life. And please, just stop the ridiculous story about Beckham. How can you believe such unless you are a hater.

Stop hating and focus on your marriage if you are married. Building a successful career in anything is very challenging okay. She may have given up on some things does not mean she sacrificed her family! Doofus!

4 Likes

Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by bukatyne(f): 2:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
TooNoisy:

Stop playing dumb. You cannot be a fan of Omotola and continue to spread rumours about her marriage.

Maám, stop being daft please...

What rumors did I spread about her marriage

TooNoisy:
A guy placing his hands on her butt is part of her role as an actress. I am sure you have never watched any American movies in your life. And please, just stop the ridiculous story about Beckham. How can you believe such unless you are a hater.

A guy placing his hands on her butt during a photo session is part of her role as an actress?

I have not watched any American movie in my life. What am I missing? How does it correlate to the subject matter?

TooNoisy:
Stop hating and focus on your marriage if you are married. Building a successful career in anything is very challenging okay. She may have given up on some things does not mean she sacrificed her family! Doofus!

I should focus on my marriage and watch American films grin Can you recommend a starter kit? Help a sister cheesy

I did not know building a successful career was challenging grin; tell me more

Yet if a 'feminist' said husbands should support career wives more, she is on the verge of home wrecking and bla bla

So you know she might give up on some things? Which doesn't matter as long as she is a anti-feminist grin

And I never said she sacrificed her family... I said she built a career 'almost' @ the expense of her home. I would still give a greater kudos to her husband. That man gave her the mouth to talk cheesy

P.S.: What most parts of feminism do you agree to demi-semi feminist? cheesy

TooNosiy? What a moniker undecided

2 Likes

Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by TooNoisy(f): 2:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
bukatyne:

Maám, stop being daft please...

What rumors did I spread about her marriage

A guy placing his hands on her butt during a photo session is part of her role as an actress?

I have not watched any American movie in my life. What am I missing? How does it correlate to the subject matter?

I should focus on my marriage and watch American films grin Can you recommend a starter kit? Help a sister cheesy

I did not know building a successful career was challenging grin; tell me more

Yet if a 'feminist' said husbands should support career wives more, she is on the verge of home wrecking and bla bla

So you know she might give up on some things? Which doesn't matter as long as she is a anti-feminist grin

And I never said she sacrificed her family... I said she built a career 'almost' @ the expense of her home. I would still give a greater kudos to her husband. That man gave her the mouth to talk cheesy

P.S.: What most parts of feminism do you agree to demi-semi feminist? cheesy

TooNosiy? What a moniker undecided

You are soooo not funny! Don't know why you are adding smileys. Next time, just shut up if you dont have anything to say!

2 Likes

Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by bukatyne(f): 3:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
TooNoisy:

You are soooo not funny! Don't know why you are adding smileys. Next time, just shut up if you dont have anything to say!

Not auditioning for comedy undecided

@bold: Take your advise first and do not quote me for nonsense next time.

Good day

1 Like

Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by TooNoisy(f): 3:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
bukatyne:

Not auditioning for comedy undecided

@bold: Take your advise first and do not quote me for nonsense next time.

Good day

You quoted me first! And even after I ignored you, you went on and on.

Next time, you don't quote me okay!

3 Likes

Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by bukatyne(f): 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
TooNoisy:

You quoted me first! And even after I ignored you, you went on and on.

Next time, you don't quote me okay!

@bolded

Are you Coco's alternate moniker?

I quoted you, you responded and ended it.

I replied coco and you quoted me again undecided

I now get the genesis of the e-beef for a while

Cococandi TooNosiy, have a great day cheesy

1 Like

Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by tmanuelle(m): 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
Blade21:
becos he's a Man womn are knw to talk anyhow @ times

...and men are known to be very stupid anyhow @ times So because she's a woman, she now has the license to disrespect and hit her husband any how

Come of it, all these living in the novels or Nollywood won't help you if you really believe you deserve a happy marriage. Those are fictions or what people think should obtain in their own mind or singular opinion.

Just live life in the normal & acceptable way as a virtuous woman rather than having some fantasies about how it happened in one movie scene or how someone said it should always be.

Look into yourselves first, evaluate yourselves & do not forget the God aspect. With prayers, He is capable of taking care of any marriage situation.

Women, love your husbands & respect them, do unto them ONLY what you know you will gladly accept if done to you without any form of resentment. Its only an irrational man who will not know how to properly reciprocate these good virtues.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by davidif: 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
angieberry:

Then she follows you and start beating you up and emasculating you in front of your neighborhood?
Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by davidif: 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
ireneidiva:

So hitting her will stop her from ranting?

Yep. For a minute it will.
Re: At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility by eyinjuege: 6:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
You were actually the husband beater. Your story holds no water for genuine victims of domestic violence. You deserve what You got, as you hit him first

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Fathers Day To All Fathers On NL / 10 Things You Should Never Do To Your Husband / A Girl I Met Today At The Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.