Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself (54427 Views)

Help- How Do You Answer This Interview Question? / Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Your Self / This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by dyoungkarlmarx(m): 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
PStacks:

Brilliant.

If I'm the CEO of the organisation. I'l tell you the position is taken. grin

Make you no come collect the office for my hand.
hahahahahhaaahahahahhahahahah.chai!!.i must say you are funnier than Mr. beans (Rowan Atkinson)
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by braivheart: 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
AdeniyiA:

your legs too big...
And they won't fit into the available positions. grin grin grin
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by sallysalsa09: 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
LaurelP:
My name is Adamu Ciroma. I'm a graduate of Accounting from the University of Ghana. I have 2 years experience as an Admin Officer in a teaching hospital.
I finished from Scholars height secondary school in 2008, proceeded to UI in 2009 where I graduated as one of the best in my department. While in school, I was the SUG information officer and the rep of my dept.
I did my NYsc program in Calabar at CKC teaching hospital, calabar as an Admin Officer.
I'm seeking to accept more challenges and offer real value, and am excited about this position.
Thank you.

not having alot of experience in interviews i always wondered how to answer this question and you sir just gave me a wonderful insight NEED I SAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS INPUT

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by sallysalsa09: 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
principia:
Another simple way to answer this question is to use the formula: EES

E: Education.............Tell them your name and the institution your attended, your course, your grade and additional training which you have acquired such as HSE, PMP, ICAN etc
E: Experience............Tell them your experience so far...this could include your Industrial training, NYSC experience and current experience if any.
Skills:.......................Tell them about your skills: this could be proficient use of softwares, Microsoft office suite, negotiations, marketing etc ( However, highlight skills that are relevant to the position)

ALSO VERY GOOD ANSWER AM LEARNING ALOT TODAY
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by sallysalsa09: 3:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
ZICCKOde1st:
To be a Finance Expert has always been my aim. To achieve this, after my primary n post primary education which spanned from 1989 to 2001, I applied for andgot admitted to study Accounting at the University of Lagos, finishing in 2007. I immediately enrolled and finished professionall courses with the CIBN, ICAN in that order where I currently hold membership status as Associate member. I am presently writing my final thesis for the award of M.Sc. in International Finance due for submission at the University of Ibadan. You have before you a young energetic man, honest, seeking a newer challenge in an atmosphere with high regard for morals and initiative, who seeks always to continually improve self, others and together contribute to the overall objectives of this Organisation.

I LIKE AND THE ANSWERS GETS BETTER

*Name's on ma resume...
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by sallysalsa09: 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
adepiero:
This is a very tricky question which many people fail to understand not to talk of interpreting.

Everything about you is already on your CV but what the interviewer wants to hear is what you didn't write there and how to communicate it.

I LOVE YOUR COMMENT SO IF YOU WERE TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION WHAT WOULD YOU SAY.
#HELPASISTEROUT
I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW BEST TO TACKLE THIS QUESTION
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by sallysalsa09: 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
bellong:

The question is not for you to answer what you think but what the interviewer want.

The single most important strategy in job hunting- You want to be selling what the buyer is buying: The key to all successful interview is to match your qualifications/skills to what the interviewer/recruiter is looking for.

You should only talk about some of your career accomplishments and hobbies related to the job you are applying for.

Start with the present and tell why you are well qualified for the position. Instead of giving a chronological life history, focus only on your strengths and how they relate to the role/position advertised.

Connect your abilities to the employer's requirements. Do not assume that the employer will do it for you.

GREAT ANSWER BUT I ONCE STARTED AN INTERVIEW THAT WAY AND THE INTERVIEW SAID BUT YOU HAVENT TOLD ME YOUR NAME AND THAT WAS AWKWARD

Example of a good answer...

I'm really energetic and a great communicator. Working in sales for 3 years helped me build confidence, and taught me the importance of customer loyalty. I launched a company newsletter, which helped us build on our existing relationships and create new ones. Because of this, we ended up with an increased revenue of 15% over 8 months. My real strength is my attention to detail. I pride myself on my reputation for following through and meeting deadlines. When I commit to doing something, I make sure it gets done, and on time.

The example described your strength, what you can bring or offer the company and why they should hire you. In essence, tell me about yourself is referring to "sell us yourself or proof to us why we should hire you". They don't need your life history, it is already on your resume.

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by ekefre4(m): 4:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
They hv read your cv already so der is no need 2 repeat your whole cv....Jst give dem an insight about who u r as a person and maybe your strenghts.
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by free37: 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2015
Nice.
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by marcusagrippa(m): 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
LaurelP:
My name is Adamu Ciroma. I'm a graduate of Accounting from the University of Ghana. I have 2 years experience as an Admin Officer in a teaching hospital.
I finished from Scholars height secondary school in 2008, proceeded to UI in 2009 where I graduated as one of the best in my department. While in school, I was the SUG information officer and the rep of my dept.
I did my NYsc program in Calabar at CKC teaching hospital, calabar as an Admin Officer.
I'm seeking to accept more challenges and offer real value, and am excited about this position.
Thank you.

Help please
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Ndeewonu: 4:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
elochukwud9:
Please my fellow nairalanders please tell me the best way or sample to answer these popular job interview question TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF

What type of graduates are we churning out in Nigeria?
Must everything be communal effort?
Don't we have brain to put to task?
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Bflexing(m): 4:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
LaurelP:
Thank you.
The last time I tried this, she just interrupted me and said "Tell me what's not on your c.v already as I have that here with me"! Nice one though
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by proff4real: 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
My name is Ahmadu Mohammed. I did my graduation from Federal university of technology minna, Niger state and majored in Chemical engeneer. Afterwards, I went for national youth service in Zaria as a teacher. Although my emphasis is in calculation. I like numbers. I think solving mathematical problem and exercise are quite fun. I also enjoy reading, jogging and watching football. thank you.
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by cosluv71(m): 7:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
Okijajuju1:
Answer.. My Name is Okija Juju, No relation.. cool

Graduate of Alternative Medicine and Supernatural Sciences from the University of Philladelphia in the United States of America.

I have over 10 years experience in alternative medicine, herbology and Superspiritual warfare technology from the Okija Spiritual Company Nigeria Limited where I worked for the first 4 years as an Apprentice Spiritual Engineer in our Herbology department before graduating to our Political Warfare and Fortification department as the Head Engineer in charge. I have worked with various advanced softwares like Otumokpo, Odeshi Version 3.2 and even foreign Softwares like Magun 2.2 amongst others.

I have worked on Various Projects including the 2011 election campaigns, Osisi Kan Nkwu failed project and more.

My expected salary range is 1.5 million and two black fowl and kolanut a month.

Thanks.
ode of Africa
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
Okijajuju1:
Answer.. My Name is Okija Juju, No relation.. cool

Graduate of Alternative Medicine and Supernatural Sciences from the University of Philladelphia in the United States of America.

I have over 10 years experience in alternative medicine, herbology and Superspiritual warfare technology from the Okija Spiritual Company Nigeria Limited where I worked for the first 4 years as an Apprentice Spiritual Engineer in our Herbology department before graduating to our Political Warfare and Fortification department as the Head Engineer in charge. I have worked with various advanced softwares like Otumokpo, Odeshi Version 3.2 and even foreign Softwares like Magun 2.2 amongst others.

I have worked on Various Projects including the 2011 election campaigns, Osisi Kan Nkwu failed project and more.

My expected salary range is 1.5 million and two black fowl and kolanut a month.

Thanks.

Walahi! Okija, I missed you while you were away - Your sense of humour is unrivaled!
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by darmochy1(m): 7:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
My name is Adedamola Ojedokun. I'm a graduate of LAUTECH where I studied Pure and Applied Chemistry. I ranked 4th in my class and finished with a second class upper degree.

I pride myself as a result-oriented and self-motivated individual. My excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with organizational and analytical skills will be beneficial to your organization.

If I'm not writing papers or not in the laboratory performing experiments, then I'll be on my laptop blogging or carrying out online research. I also love meeting people and travelling.

I'm excited about this position because it will create a big stage for me to display my skills and also put into use the experience gained from previous works. Thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by eluquenson(m): 7:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
Nice info here, you guys rock walahi
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by kayalla(f): 8:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
LaurelP:
Thank you.

wat of people who re not graduates?

how they wan start?
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by bellong: 9:21pm On Jun 22, 2015
[quote author=sallysalsa09 post=35032367][/quote]

Tell the interviewer next time that you believe he/she already know your name from your resume. That the question of talking about yourself is to inform him of what he/she doesn't know about you not contained in the resume.

However, that doesn't stop you from saying your name in your opening statement before going the route explained.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:20am On Jun 23, 2015
oyin01:
A typical Nigerian. They make jest out of every serious matter. Is that how you wil answer the question if you are actually sitting in from of Adenuga, Dangote or Ben Bruce for your final interview?
that's why the rest of the world sees us as the happiest people on earth..... Nothing weighs us down.... We find humour in every situation.... U dont like it? ........ Put ur nuts between pistons...... grin ..... Just messing with ya....... Chill bro.... U take life too seriously......

2 Likes

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:26am On Jun 23, 2015
dyoungkarlmarx:
hahahahahhaaahahahahhahahahah.chai!!.i must say you are funnier than Mr. beans (Rowan Atkinson)
its Mr. Bean not Beans..... Scratch the 'S'.... angry
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Nobody: 6:27am On Jun 23, 2015
Oduok:
My name is Idongesit Friday Oduok. I am a graduate of Chemical Engineering. I have two years working experience in the downstream Petroleum Sector in regulation, licensing and operations. I did my National Diploma in Industrial Safety and Environmental Engineering Technology at the Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun and Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering from University of Uyo. I am a two time Best Graduating Student of my class. While in school I served as NIFES asst. Prayer Secretary and NSChE Secretary General respestively. Thank you

So u dey here? Pti no dey carry last

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by sallysalsa09: 7:46am On Jun 23, 2015
bellong:

Tell the interviewer next time that you believe he/she already know your name from your resume. That the question of talking about yourself is to inform him of what he/she doesn't know about you not contained in the resume.

However, that doesn't stop you from saying your name in your opening statement before going the route explained.
thanks
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by kodlins(f): 8:39am On Jun 23, 2015
Oh NIFES..
This profile is so nice.

Oduok:
My name is Idongesit Friday Oduok. I am a graduate of Chemical Engineering. I have two years working experience in the downstream Petroleum Sector in regulation, licensing and operations. I did my National Diploma in Industrial Safety and Environmental Engineering Technology at the Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun and Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering from University of Uyo. I am a two time Best Graduating Student of my class. While in school I served as NIFES asst. Prayer Secretary and NSChE Secretary General respestively. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Oduok(m): 9:05am On Jun 23, 2015
tobimillar:

So u dey here? Pti no dey carry last
Yes o! Great PTI. The oil republic. I'm eternally proud of being an alumnus of PTI
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Oduok(m): 9:08am On Jun 23, 2015
kodlins:
Oh NIFES.. This profile is so nice.
NIFES is a great foundation for excellence in life. Thanks for your commendation

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Oduok(m): 9:16am On Jun 23, 2015
prince3009:

INTERVIEWER 1: Mr Oduok, can you give us like 5mins so we can delbrate...

Oduok: Ok, Sir

INTERVIEWER 1: So what do you think?

INTERVIEWER 2: They have come again o! His type is the one that will leave crucial work undone all in the name of prayer meetings and will always ask for 1 week leave to go for church program and will use "Anointing Oil" to stain our office documents in order to get something done.

INTERVIEWER 1: Exactly my thoughts! So we will just tell him the "usual"...Mr Oduok, come back in please"

INTERVIEWER 2: Well, we have looked at your CV and it is impressive. We will have to delibrate more and we will get in touch with you when you are needed.

Mr Oduok: Ok Sir...Thank you.

***After Oduok leaves, They rumple his CV and throw it into the Dustbin***

INTERVIEWER 1: NEXT PERSON PLEASE...

Moral: Never bring Religious and Spiritual matters into a formal and bureaucratic setting! It has ruined many.

lolz... I love this panel. Okay let me go and be busy with my private practice. I only wish i'll have chance to contribute to your organization when you would get across to me. Thanks for your time. (walks away as my Technical assistant gets my bag as I step out of the door). Graduates get levels
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by 0ubenji(m): 9:18am On Jun 23, 2015
LaurelP:
Thank you.
Graduate of University of Ghana
Best graduating student from a dept in U.I...
..*coughs*

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 23, 2015
Oduok:

lolz... I love this panel. Okay let me go and be busy with my private practice. I only wish i'll have chance to contribute to your organization when you would get across to me. Thanks for your time. (walks away as my Technical assistant gets my bag as I step out of the door). Graduates get levels

Lol
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by seyilapy(m): 10:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
Oduok:

NIFES - Nigeria Fellowship of Evangelical Students. NSChE - Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers. Generally I played a prominent role as a team player in both offices to achieve the overall Organisation goals. Specifically: In NIFES I fostered the growth and stability of members through constant praying for their need, of which I ran a prayer box that enabled them tender their needs. Then in NSChE, I uphold the integrity of the organiztion' Constitution that was under attack at the period. I served for a duration of one session each

PANEL: MR ODUOK WELL YOU SAID YOU ARE A TEAM PLAYER THATS IMPRESSIVE. " I fostered the growth and stability of members through constant praying for their need " HOW SUCCESSFUL WAS THAT MOVE AND WAS THAT THE BEST APPROACH YOU HAD IN ORDER TO STABILIZE THE MEMBERS? YOU RAN A PRAYER BOX FOR MEMBERS TO TENDER THEIR NEEDS ARE YOU A FATHER CHRISTMAS? WHAT DID YOU MEAN BY CONSITUTION THAT WAS UNDER ATTACK? HOW DID YOU MANAGE ALL THIS ROLES WITHOUT IT AFFECTING YOUR STUDIES AND LASTLY IN WHAT WAY CAN THIS BE OF HELP TO OUR COMPANY?
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by seyilapy(m): 11:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
Dongreat:
My name is ***. I was born and raised in this country but studied pharmaceutical science at the university of Greenwich, England where I attained a first class degree. During the last (num) years, I have worked in various institutions n achieved many presentable skills. In my most recent position as a youth corper in d ministry of health, Calabar, I had d opportunity to complete various tasks (list a few n benefits). I enjoyed engaging in this activities as I had positive highlights about my career opportunity n I believe this experience has prepared me to take the next step n pursue a career with dis company smiley

PANEL: MR DONGREAT IMPRESSIVE.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by seyilapy(m): 11:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
LaurelP:
Thank you.

PANEL: OGBENI ADAMU CIROMA AM IMPRESSED BUT 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN WHICH TEACHING HOSPITAL? THANKS FOR TELLING US WHEN YOU GRADUATED FROM SECONDARY SCHOOL BUT AM NOT CLEAR ON SOMFIN. WHAT IS U.I? YOU GRADUATED WHAT YEAR? ARE YOU SAYING YOU WENT TO PRE_UNIVERSITY THEN UNIVERSITY? WE NEED YOU TO TELL US THE KIND OF CHALLENGES YOU ARE WILLING TO ACCEPT? WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT SO FAR WHILE SEEKING FOR EXPERIENCE?

ADAMU CIROMA:.....................

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Salary For Arik Air Workers / What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? / The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.