Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,694 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself (54397 Views)

Help- How Do You Answer This Interview Question? / Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Your Self / This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by finamaris(f): 11:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
Good
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by damocheezy(m): 9:30pm On Jun 28, 2015
Bolarge:

Elevator speech you mean.
Its elevator's pitch.
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by ogaprime(m): 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
bellong:

The question is not for you to answer what you think but what the interviewer want.

The single most important strategy in job hunting- You want to be selling what the buyer is buying: The key to all successful interview is to match your qualifications/skills to what the interviewer/recruiter is looking for.

You should only talk about some of your career accomplishments and hobbies related to the job you are applying for.

Start with the present and tell why you are well qualified for the position. Instead of giving a chronological life history, focus only on your strengths and how they relate to the role/position advertised.

Connect your abilities to the employer's requirements. Do not assume that the employer will do it for you.

Example of a good answer...

I'm really energetic and a great communicator. Working in sales for 3 years helped me build confidence, and taught me the importance of customer loyalty. I launched a company newsletter, which helped us build on our existing relationships and create new ones. Because of this, we ended up with an increased revenue of 15% over 8 months. My real strength is my attention to detail. I pride myself on my reputation for following through and meeting deadlines. When I commit to doing something, I make sure it gets done, and on time.

The example described your strength, what you can bring or offer the company and why they should hire you. In essence, tell me about yourself is referring to "sell us yourself or proof to us why we should hire you". They don't need your life history, it is already on your resume.

Thanks for the tip...

But what can a fresh graduate that has just finished nysc with no working experience say when the " tell me about yourself question is asked
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by bellong: 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
ogaprime:

Thanks for the tip...

But what can a fresh graduate that has just finished nysc with no working experience say when the " tell me about yourself question is asked

Talk about your extra-curricular activities in school and relate how it will help you in the position you applied for. If you were a member of the student society, religious group etc, talk about your roles in these groups and how they have equipped you for success in the position you applied for.
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by ogaprime(m): 8:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
bellong:

Talk about your extra-curricular activities in school and relate how it will help you in the position you applied for. If you were a member of the student society, religious group etc, talk about your roles in these groups and how they have equipped you for success in the position you applied for.

Thanks
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Suzyky4u(f): 3:38pm On Apr 11, 2018
Please ooo let's not forget. If you haven't voted, Please help me win this. It won't take up to a minute of your time. kindly click on this link www.Instagram.com/suzy_hairvolution and like the first picture on my timeline (It's an entry I made of Tonto Dike) Please, I beg you in the name of God. God bless you as you do. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by dopestkidda(m): 12:42pm On May 07, 2019
Are You Looking for a Professional Resume Design or CV Design Service?

You’re in the right place!

Did you know the average recruiter spends just 6 seconds looking at each resume?

By working with an expert you can make sure yours stands out - instead of ending up in the trash!

What the Packages Cover

I will Create unique, custom resume design or CV design . (I use modern, minimal styles to ensure the key facts ‘pop out’ to busy recruiters!)

*All resumes/cover letters will be delivered in editable Word and PDF file formats*

For a unique, custom resume design or CV design at affordable prices call or whatsapp me on +2348164287840

Order Today!

Getting your dream job is a big deal – so don’t leave this to chance... Order my professional resume design and writing service today!

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Mosfemi: 4:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
Start freelancing on https://wecruite.com
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Mosfemi: 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hire freelancers on https://wecruite.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NYSC 2013 Recruitment Interview / What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? / Salary For Arik Air Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.