Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,131 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free (4085 Views)

Ongoing Protest Along Lekki-Epe Expressway Over Destruction Of Shanties (Pics) / Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free / Gov. Ambode Declares June 12 Public Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by MuguliciousMUGU: 1:18am On Jun 22, 2015

The Governor of Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode, has assured residents that tolls will not be collected at the second toll point on the Lekki- Epe Expressway.

Ambode made the remark at an interactive session with journalists at the Banquet Hall of the Lagos House, Ikeja, a statement said on Sunday.

The governor, in the statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Habib Aruna, said his concern was ensuring the completion of the road.

He said, “We must start thinking of the future concerning that road. We said we will have an International Airport in Epe, and an Export Processing Zone in Lekki and a Deep Seaport also in Lekki.

“Should we not start thinking about how we will improve and create a 10-lane road between Ikorodu, Itoikin, Epe and Ijebu Ode so that people can go out from there? There is no point constructing the road, paying tolls and in five years’ time, the road is gone.”

The governor said once the Lagos-Badagry Expressway, which was being expanded into 10-lane, was completed, the community would be opened up for business activities.

He added that his administration would make careful efforts to grow the tourism potential of the state.

He said, “As more means of transportation come on board, the more than 600,000 private car owners and 120,000 motorcycles that are being put on the road in the state on a daily basis will reduce in number.”

He said his administration had decided to scale up governance by rearranging the civil service through the realignment of some ministries and agencies, while creating a new Ministry of Wealth Creation and Employment.

Ambode said, “We have said this is a government of continuity, but it is continuity with improvement. It is about making life easier for the people. We are receptive to new ideas and that is why we are going to be creative, innovative and thinking out of the box.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/ambode-declares-second-lekki-epe-expressway-toll-free/

cc lalasticlala
Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by EverestdeBliu(m): 1:24am On Jun 22, 2015
I want to use this space,to make a shout out to my sweet udara; I love you dearie. just hold my hand and let's take this safe ride together...and hullo!,its gonna be a free ride,the toll has been lifted and fuel price would be slashed soon,hopefully.
...I told you we'd get there!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by Fairgodwin(m): 1:26am On Jun 22, 2015
Initial gra gra tinz. They will win your heart(s) at first and shatter it later.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by EverestdeBliu(m): 1:28am On Jun 22, 2015
I want to also make shouts out to;
Laykorn
Yusjet
Jigsawkillah
Firestar
Texanomaly
Oma4u
Buqqui
...And to all PDPians and NPCites. )'-'(

1 Like

Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by fyneguy: 1:31am On Jun 22, 2015
Fairgodwin:
Initial gra gra tinz. They will win your heart(s) at first and shatter it later.

Bad belleism

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by Nobody: 2:21am On Jun 22, 2015
I hope he can manage the aftermath effect. Tolls were not only to raise money but to regulate flow and pressure....

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by AWONEYAN(m): 2:38am On Jun 22, 2015
I like the part...continuity with improvement.
This guy has a clear agenda,sure Lagos will continue to soar.....

1 Like

Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by Obijulius: 2:39am On Jun 22, 2015
Nice move.

I like when our leaders think like this...long-term and not short term. I use that road everyday and I was never willing to pay toll on the second gate.

NEXT:When are they going to demolish those toll points

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by Vikkie14: 2:45am On Jun 22, 2015
I have no comment. That's how they all started, Living to expectation at their early stage but come short of expectation at the closing stage.

That's how AreGBESE started good governance in his state until he introduces ONE UNIFORM for all Public schools, then comes a month owing of salary until it skyrocketed to seven/eight months now.

The "Beginning" is not the Work, but "Finishing" is the Real Work.

I wish you Success in all your endeavours in Lagos state.

Eko o ni baje ooo

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by rhazhaqh: 4:14am On Jun 22, 2015
eko o ni baje oooooo
Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by phlemzy: 4:19am On Jun 22, 2015
If only quite a few more states can grow like Lagos, Nigeria would be a better place than it is. Nice move Mr Ambode!

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by Nobody: 4:20am On Jun 22, 2015
Ambode is working. Lets see what ends all these. Initial gragra things. undecided
Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by nastyesco(m): 4:29am On Jun 22, 2015
That's thew issue with our Governors...some are simply attention seekers not administrators... Let's hope it ends well
Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by fashoo2010(m): 4:43am On Jun 22, 2015
Dats good move
Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by HACKPASTOR(m): 4:57am On Jun 22, 2015
Good for Lagosian and its a beneficail to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by stinggy(m): 5:03am On Jun 22, 2015
Fairgodwin:

It should have been toll-free already. Lagosians have been milked dry by the project.
Are you allergic to good news? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by loomer: 5:26am On Jun 22, 2015
Where my 3D glasses enter make I watch this home video well.
Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by dominique(f): 5:32am On Jun 22, 2015
Nice one Ambo. And to think the toll removal was one of Agbaje's campaign strategies. I just hope he will be able to deliver on the promises he listed up there.
Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by omowolewa: 5:32am On Jun 22, 2015
Hummm! Nice move.
Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by Pavore9: 5:36am On Jun 22, 2015
Let us hope he delivers.
Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by Rexsul: 5:44am On Jun 22, 2015
Fairgodwin:
Bad belle is allowed....Otondo!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by Rexsul: 5:45am On Jun 22, 2015
Gat dz feelings dat Ambo is goin 2 deliver. May God help u sir
Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by Maxymilliano(m): 5:58am On Jun 22, 2015
Not a bad move though, he should have started it with the first toll point at admiralty way by declaring it free .
Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by tunwumi: 6:07am On Jun 22, 2015
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 22, 2015
Hit the ground running, Mr Governor. All I want to see is CHANGE and good governance,it can only be achieve able with good economic policy,selfless service and determination. God bless Nigeria and God bless Lagos state.
Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by dunkem21(m): 6:16am On Jun 22, 2015
Oga, hit the ground running ..toll is not collected on that gate ..I don't know why people are hailing ..
Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by Ewuro4: 6:21am On Jun 22, 2015
Fairgodwin:

Na wa for you oh.
Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 22, 2015
Has always been free na!
Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by RHP(m): 7:41am On Jun 22, 2015
Mr governor, am happy to hear u are open to new ideas. Please we need the coastal road to be constructed, so it will easy the Lekki-Epe expressway.
Re: Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free by fatdon2(m): 8:13am On Jun 22, 2015
Close this trend asap

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Will Only Accept Probe From ’99, Nothing Less – Igbo Leaders / The Nigerian ''common Man'' Is As Corrupt As His Leader - See Photo Evidence / Southwest, The Good Enemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.