Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Which Is Better, Leather Seat Vs Cloth? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is Better, Leather Seat Vs Cloth? (19011 Views)

You'll Never Forget To Use Your Seatbelt Even In The Back Seat After Seeing This / Cloth Vs Leather Car Seat: Which Do You Prefer? / Which Exterior Colour Will Suit A Brown Leather Seat Interior Colour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Better, Leather Seat Vs Cloth? by Luckki1001(m): 11:20am On May 17, 2016
Siena:
Leather vs fabric. Which is better? This is a matter of personal preference.

I will choose leather over fabric, every time. All my cars have leather interiors, even my old Toyota Hilux that came with fabric seats, I tore them out, and threw in a pair of leather sport seats from a 2004 Toyota Celica T Sport. I can't remember when last I owned a fabric-upholstered car.

I would ONLY buy a car with fabric seats, if it was insanely cheap. And I would buy it with a view to swap in leather ASAP.

Leather is definitely easier to maintain, compared to fabric. Have you seen a fabric seat, after a child threw up on it? Or smelt the interior of a fabric-upholstered car, after a milkshake, or even plain milk was spilt on one of the fabric seats? The stench, as the milk is absorbed is bad enough to total a car, the only solution is to junk the offending seat, and replace. Leather? Dirt and spills simply wipe off.

The average Nigeria by nature is lazy, going by their maintenance culture when it comes to an automobile. They see nurturing leather as hard work, citing the Nigerian hot weather as an excuse to avoid leather. Like Texas, lots of the southern states in North America, Dubai, Australia etc don't have hotter climate than Nigeria? How many high-spec cars used in these areas have fabric seats?

Lol. If you like fabric, that's fine. But citing the above sorry excuses as reasons to avoid leather? Nah!

@Op, the author and finisher of our car faith has spoken. Accord the above advice the same reverence you give the gospel.

@Siena, your Vehicleness grin, I am loyal to your government.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Leather Seat Vs Cloth? by naijagobetter(m): 1:40pm On May 17, 2016
abatically:

I never said that. Because a car is easier to maintain doesn't make it better. If so then we should all be driving a bicycle since it is easier to maintain than any car. What I said is genuine leather is better than any fabric. They are more comfortable and not a dust magnet like fabric.
you are very correct i am a learther technician, just let the die in their ignorance
Re: Which Is Better, Leather Seat Vs Cloth? by atirolu(m): 2:50pm On May 17, 2016
In nigeria cloth cos not all can afford to use a/c now that petrol is 200 per liter but I ll use leather in any other country. Leather upholstery needs cool place cloth can fit in cool or hot
Re: Which Is Better, Leather Seat Vs Cloth? by profosenogoboy: 3:04pm On May 17, 2016
Leather is the best for me cos the when getting old It will start to smell if not maintain very well and you can not wash it.
Re: Which Is Better, Leather Seat Vs Cloth? by abatically(m): 3:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
DropShot:

My Accord 2013 comes with real leather. So, I'm surprised at your inclusion of Accord in that list.

Check my comment again. I included acura in the category of real leathers.
Re: Which Is Better, Leather Seat Vs Cloth? by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 02, 2016
See as all of una dey argue between leather seat vs cloth. una never hear say leather fabric seats are now in vogue?

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Leather Seat Vs Cloth? by drtee247(m): 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2018
dumo1:
See as all of una dey argue between leather seat vs cloth. una never hear say leather fabric seats are now in vogue?

Pls tell me about leather fabric seat
Re: Which Is Better, Leather Seat Vs Cloth? by Niell(m): 11:22pm On Oct 20, 2018
LEATHER: Looks good,plus you dont have to worry about stains,all you have to do is clean. BUT! it will toast and iron you posterior on that hot sunny day. Not funny. You most likely will end up sweating-down there of course-even with air conditioning. And then theres the harmattan which is obviously the opposite. I dont know if its just me but when heated up,the interior stays hot for a longer period compared to cloth. CLOTH: I find them very comfortable. They're also durable. The effect of time on cloth is not so..."catastrophic". I've seen old leather seats in a sienna and they looked disease-ravaged,but hey,what do I know.
Re: Which Is Better, Leather Seat Vs Cloth? by istephen(m): 8:42am On Oct 22, 2018
It is a matter of personal preference. I like leather seats because they look luxurious and are easy to clean.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. / 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! / Toyota FV2 Futuristic Vehicle Doesn’t Use Steering Wheel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.