Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. (19023 Views)

My Stolen Mazda 626 Has Been Recovered By The Police / Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help / Stolen Car: Grey Toyota Camry 1997 Model @ Abule Egba (2) (3) (4)

The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 6:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
Hello house, I need your help. This is a very long story but I will like to take it bit by bit so you guys can understand me and possibly offer me some advice on what to do. Please be honest with me in your replies so I will know exactly if there is hope or no hope over this issue.

My normal username in this forum is Spyder880 and I mostly operate from the property section of nairaland as a builder of personal homes online. I will be using this username till the spam bot which banned me erroneously releases my normal handle. As I said earlier, I will be taking this slowly as it has taken up to 3 years since the saga started.

SPYDER880

https://www.nairaland.com/1007753/building-5-bedroom-duplex-ebonyi

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 7:08pm On Feb 13, 2013
I owned (or used to own) a Nissan bluebird wagon, which I bought in 2006 December 13th from an importer. All the import documents were given to me at the point of purchase. On the 30th of January 2010, at about 12.30pm in the afternoon, I attended a burial ceremony at the compound of a friend who lost his mother somewhere in my local government in Enugu state. I parked my Nissan bluebird outside the compound as there was so much crowd that driving into the compound was impossible. I stayed about 45 minutes in the compound and by the time I came out, my car has been stolen from where it was parked. I felt so bad, we made all efforts to call several police check points and tried to block the movement all to no avail. I came back and reported the matter to the police at the nearest station, later I obtained an extract from the police some months later, after swearing an affidavit in the courts. I also lost some valuables locked in the car.

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 7:11pm On Feb 13, 2013
The story is still unfolding in my head, and as always I will attach pictures of the parts of the story I covered with camera.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 7:25pm On Feb 13, 2013
I must state here in a bid to advice others that I did not have any type of security locks on my car. No electronic tracker, not even pedal locks were in the car, and the car looks neat like Tokunbo always. Like I said before, all efforts to locate the car by the police failed and at a point last year I thought the car must have been dismembered and sold as car parts. I had also bought another car two months after the first one was stolen.

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2013
On the 22nd of December 2012, while I was out on business in Ebonyi state, (I have two building contracts in that area of Ebonyi state) I parked my present car (a Mazda) in front of a small restaurant to eat and there was this Nissan Bluebird wagon parked beside me. I stepped down and looked inside the parked car and immediately stopped short. I saw a mark I had made in my stolen car inside this parked car which had its window wound down!
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
Find out what happened later this evening as I am leaving office for home. I will continue the story when I get home later this night.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 13, 2013
ckenneths: Find out what happened later this evening as I am leaving office for home. I will continue the story when I get home later this night.

Spyder,

I am staying tuned to what happened next.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 13, 2013
I can't wait to read more.

*Subscribed*.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by dollypi(m): 10:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
Stranger than fiction. grin
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 10:30pm On Feb 13, 2013
payless:

Spyder,

I am staying tuned to what happened next.

Do you know it was the question you asked me which I replied that got my SPYDER880 BANNED? grin Welcome to this side as we continue.

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 10:32pm On Feb 13, 2013
Siena: I can't wait to read more.

*Subscribed*.

Welcome to my thread sir, I so much appreciate your works in this section, very informative.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 10:34pm On Feb 13, 2013
dollypi: Stranger than fiction. grin

No bi small thing o grin
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 10:42pm On Feb 13, 2013
Back to the story, as soon as I stepped down from my car and looked into the vehicle, there is this mark I made in a conspicuous part of the car in front of the driver, I saw it there inside this parked car. My brain spun for a few seconds before I got my bearings back. I stood there and looked around me, only a few people were around and I dont know anywhere around this town. I moved around the car and I knew what I was looking for, a scratch which happened on a day I used the car to brush something, I saw it!

I had always known that that scratch will be difficult to remove, even if they repainted the car because it happened on a plastic part. What should I do?

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by ckenneths(m): 10:54pm On Feb 13, 2013
First thing I did was to circle the car, looking other marks and making sure I had up to 5 different things I recognized about my stolen car. The registration number was different from my old car but that was to be expected. So I walked away like 20 meters and made a call, I was calling a friend to come running to the scene with policemen since I don't really know the town very well and trying to stop whoever came to the park with this car alone will be suicidal. The friend I called promised to come with some policemen, so I calmly walked back to the scene and that was when my brain shifted into gear. I switched on my camera and took a clear shot on the car with the registration number, plus the man who has walked out and is standing around the car with his side to me. The picture is attached below.

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Barthx(m): 10:55pm On Feb 13, 2013
What should you do or what have you done, cos obviously you would have done something...
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Francheezy(m): 10:56pm On Feb 13, 2013
do wat a man haz got to do
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by yuzedo: 10:56pm On Feb 13, 2013
Ghen Ghen!

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Ekans: 10:56pm On Feb 13, 2013
Has the story ended?.Does it mean you did nothing upon siting the car(like contact any police personel around)?.Sort of confusing oo.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by violent(m): 10:56pm On Feb 13, 2013
ckenneths: Back to the story, as soon as I stepped down from my car and looked into the vehicle, there is this mark I made in a conspicuous part of the car in front of the driver, I saw it there inside this parked car. My brain spun for a few seconds before I got my bearings back. I stood there and looked around me, only a few people were around and I dont know anywhere around this town. I moved around the car and I knew what I was looking for, a scratch which happened on a day I used the car to brush something, I saw it!

I had always known that that scratch will be difficult to remove, even if they repainted the car because it happened on a plastic part. What should I do?

Don't make any move that may put you at risk of getting "Aluu-ed".
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by gragraboy: 10:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
what are you asking? are you 12 years old?, leave d car there & go back to your meal......
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Dapwajok(m): 10:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
Report to d nearest police station n ask some one to keep watch of d car.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:58pm On Feb 13, 2013
ckenneths: Find out what happened later this evening as I am leaving office for home. I will continue the story when I get home later this night.
call d police
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by grimadult(m): 10:59pm On Feb 13, 2013
;DWith the aid of policemen(honest ones oh) arrest and detain who ever is the current onwer of the vehicle,then he can provide who sold the car to him or how the car got to be in his possesion. grin
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by GudluckIBB(m): 11:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
Report to the police that ur stolen car has been found.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by gunpoint(m): 11:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
Shegi, danburouba!!! U no shout tiefs? shocked
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 13, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: hey! Mr ckenneths abi na SPYDER880, I dnt appreciate dz ur suspense. All ur posts can be pasted @ once. Do quick & conclude dz ya tory b4 u get banned again.
if you know how busy spyder is you won't be blabbing.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by FlyboyZee: 11:03pm On Feb 13, 2013
@ckenneths, e be like say you no know say old men dey follow your tori? Abi you no get old man picture for your house? My friend come & conclude jor make I know whether I still get hope for my own Nissan Sunny wey them gbab.

Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Barthx(m): 11:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
Flyboy Zee: @ckenneths, e be like say you no know say old men dey follow your tori? Abi you no get old man picture for your house? My friend come & conclude jor make I know whether I still get hope for my own Nissan Sunny wey them gbab.
very funny.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
blink182: if you know how busy spyder is you won't be blabbing.
which kind busy? Pack well, he jst concluded it. Case closed.
Re: The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. by Gayigaskia(m): 11:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
Some of you said walk away? Wow this is why i love Niger republic more than Nigeria. So this how unreliable the nigerian police is? WTF ?

Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) / 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! / Toyota FV2 Futuristic Vehicle Doesn’t Use Steering Wheel