Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

The Bible And The Human Race. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible And The Human Race. (5306 Views)

American Preacher Blasts Obama, Nigeria And The Entire Black Race (Video) / Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. / Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by Sunnystooth(m): 11:34pm On Jun 25, 2015
wink
freecocoa:
You are seriously nuts.grin

Do you know I didn't even like say the words to them, I just find myself speaking my mind when God/religion comes up, I've always been the black sheep of the family on church matters, so my not attending church is not even an issue, it's the thought of their sister not believing in god that bothers them, with the way am going sef, i'm almost certain my dad will soon know my stance should he engage me in a discussion about God, I just can't seem to hold it in anymore.

I'd have to be unconscious before I can attend any church service to convince anyone on where I stand, I just can't do it.grin

I must say, I'm actually a bit surprised to find out you are agnostic, I used to think you, a not born again christian.cheesy

I hope that one day my siblings come to terms with my decision, I actually plan to help them 'see the light.'grin
Lolz, you are funny. I always look out for your posts most times. Your own style of agnosticism is quite amusing. Especially for a female, to go 'all-rogue' in a religious family.

Well, i hope you wont be pressurized by your family or circumstance to force you make a U-turn, beçause you dont come off as strongwilled enough to take this Agnostic path. Anyway, that's just my opinion.
I am an Agnostic as well.

You can call me your secret admirer if you like (not a crush though)
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by freecocoa(f): 12:04am On Jun 26, 2015
Sunnystooth:
wink
Lolz, you are funny. I always look out for your posts most times. Your own style of agnosticism is quite amusing. Especially for a female, to go 'all-rogue' in a religious family.

Well, i hope you wont be pressurized by your family or circumstance to force you make a U-turn, beçause you dont come off as strongwilled enough to take this Agnostic path. Anyway, that's just my opinion.
I am an Agnostic as well.

You can call me your secret admirer if you like (not a crush though)
Aww! Thanks.

Nah! I'm never making a u-turn, i've come too far to turn back, believe me when I tell you, 'm one of the most strong willed/stubborn persons you'll come across, i'm just also very kind hearted, very empathetic and some other nice things as said by many people.cheesy

My family is kinda liberal but you know God and religion is a very sensitive topic so I can understand and bear with them when they talk to me about it, they actually agree I make sense sometimes but still say "you are not to question God so just believe" sometimes they try to pet me into accepting christ back, other times they scold and even hurl invectives at me when it's obvious I'm frustrating all their points, I just laugh about it.grin

You say that like having a crush on me is a bad thing.undecided
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by Sunnystooth(m): 12:30am On Jun 26, 2015
freecocoa:
Aww! Thanks.

Nah! I'm never making a u-turn, i've come too far to turn back, believe me when I tell you, 'm one of the most strong willed/stubborn persons you'll come across, i'm just also very kind hearted, very empathetic and some other nice things as said by many people.cheesy

My family is kinda liberal but you know God and religion is a very sensitive topic so I can understand and bear with them when they talk to me about it, they actually agree I make sense sometimes but still say "you are not to question God so just believe" sometimes they try to pet me into accepting christ back, other times they scold and even hurl invectives at me when it's obvious I'm frustrating all their points, I just laugh about it.grin

You say that like having a crush on me is a bad thing.undecided

Lolz, having a crush on you is'nt a bad thing though. But i wont, or better still let me just go hide behind as usual and admire your own way of Agnosticism. I may someday develope a crush on you, who knows, lolz....

Trust me, it's cool, and i learn one or two things from you.
Uhmm, dont take this the wrong way, i'm just being honest and this is solely my opinion. You said people say many other nice things about you right? Has anyone told you before that you do sound like an 'Agbero' sometimes, (no offence, this is just me being raw and honest) especially when you are having a fight with somebody on here that pissed you off or said something you dont like (sadly, that's the only strong-willed aspect i see in you, lolz).
Aside, from that, you argue logically and smartly for a typical Naija girl. And i'll repeat that your arguments are amusing.
Well, Enough said.
Keep up the good work.
Let me go back to my hiding place jare.
I'll be stalking you from here through your posts.
Stay cool.
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by freecocoa(f): 12:49am On Jun 26, 2015
Sunnystooth:

Lolz, having a crush on you is'nt a bad thing though. But i wont, or better still let me just go hide behind as usual and admire your own way of Agnosticism. I may someday develope a crush on you, who knows, lolz....

Trust me, it's cool, and i learn one or two things from you.
Uhmm, dont take this the wrong way, i'm just being honest and this is solely my opinion. You said people say many other nice things about you right? Has anyone told you before that you do sound like an 'Agbero' sometimes, (no offence, this is just me being raw and honest) especially when you are having a fight with somebody on here that pissed you off or said something you dont like (sadly, that's the only strong-willed aspect i see in you, lolz).
Aside, from that, you argue logically and smartly for a typical Naija girl. And i'll repeat that your arguments are amusing.
Well, Enough said.
Keep up the good work.
Let me go back to my hiding place jare.
I'll be stalking you from here through your posts.
Stay cool.
Lol, I can't possibly get offended by that, actually, many people have on here and sometimes in real life, I guess I got that from rolling more with guys than girls in my teen years, I was even a tomboy sef.cheesy, plus I have a bad mouth(according to our Naija people) and this I know.

I'm now a lady and more mature, truss me.cheesy

Well, I won't blame you for thinking that's only where I'm strong willed but believe me it's not, i'm a very passionate person and actually can go miles for whatever I believe in, but then, guess you'll never know.

Thanks for the complimentswink.

Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by Khaytunechi: 7:09am On Jun 26, 2015
so,, God saw their intention at the Tower Of Babel- humans wanted to build a tower that'll reach God's throne,, God panicked and scattered them all over.. Sweet..
'm no Science student,, but this much I know,, that no Human can come too close to the Sun without 'melting'.. the heat is unimaginable- so I heard..
And so I've got questions for the 'Tower Of Babel' story tellers..
This 'God's throne',, is it situated right up here?? I mean is it that close to us?? Which is closer??
God's throne or the Sun??
I believe the Sun can't be higher above God's throne,, so why'd God scatter em all?? they was never going to reach Him in the first place.. Doesn't add up IMO.. Since God's 'all knowing',, then he shudda known that..

Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by SIRTee15: 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
freecocoa:
You are crazy you know.grin

When I say there's little difference, what I mean is, you find out that, they often reason alike. An agnostic doesn't know if there's a God but leads his/her life like there's none just like the atheist, not really caring what the said God who might or might not be, thinks.

Anyway, the christian god is really an annoying douche bag, I mean, how confused, heartless, hypocritical and whatnot can he be?grin

Btw, my siblings are on the verge of disowning me.cry

I thought u are here to find answers.......
all these atheism, agnosticism or whatever wont help u.....
they will only confuse your mind the more in your quest to seek knowledge.....
open up your mind to the truth and you shall find the peace you so much need ......
that u are a Christian doesn't make u a zombie or someone without a rational mind
God even told us, come lets walk and discuss together that we may agree.

To the topic
Now, the bible made us to understand that God is a spirit and he created man in his exact likeness.
In Gen 1:27, God created man in his own image(which is the spirit and not the body), male and female he created them and gave them the mandate to populate the earth.
and man has been doing this for over thousands of years he has been in existence.
Now man needs a body to function in his present terrestrial world which is the earth.
The bodily form man acquire per time depends on environmental and climatic condition he finds himself at that period.
As man evolves his body adapts to the reality of his new world in order to survive and function.
These explains the different body forms ascribed to man through his evolutionary timeline.
The homo sapien sapien (the modern man) presently occupies the earth and they differ depending on the location they live.
Those close to the equator develop a darker skin pigment to avoid developing skin cancers due to direct exposure to sunlight.
Those who lives on high elevation tends to be hairy in order to protect themselves from cold.
That's what evolution is all about and also explains the variation in mankind
and for your info man is still evolving.
down the line man may no longer have the pinna because we don't really need it.
both the coccyx and fibula may also disappear because they serve no useful function.
Our fingers may be reduced to four or even three because to use ur hand efficiently, all u need is the thumb and one or two fingers. The rest are just extras.
however what has remained constant is the way God made us...spirit form.
that has not changed and will never change.
what has changed is our body and physical appearance and God is not responsible for that.
God made man a spirit not a body.

please remember this; Man is a spirit, he has a soul, and lives in a body.

Now the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of eden is simply a poetic allegory to explain the fallen state of man, the subsequent separation of man from God and setting the stage for the eventual reconciliation btw man and God.
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by Phens(m): 12:46am On Jul 19, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol, I can't possibly get offended by that, actually, many people have on here and sometimes in real life, I guess I got that from rolling more with guys than girls in my teen years, I was even a tomboy sef.cheesy, plus I have a bad mouth(according to our Naija people) and this I know.

I'm now a lady and more mature, truss me.cheesy

Well, I won't blame you for thinking that's only where I'm strong willed but believe me it's not, i'm a very passionate person and actually can go miles for whatever I believe in, but then, guess you'll never know.

Thanks for the complimentswink.
i believe you my dear, besides you not being angry about what he said shows that your matured, not only physicaly but mentally as well.
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by DBestDoc(f): 7:33am On Aug 02, 2015
freecocoa:
"could've" speculation.

Slightly is the world, please how does inbreeding make a black man have an Asian baby? How also can the environment make this possible?

Sweetheart, i'm sure you know about adaptation. People in Africa need to adapt to the hot climate, soil type etc, likewise people in Europe , Asia...

Overtime, they develope features different from others like the skin colour, hair type, body structure et al, to help them adapt and survive better in their environment.
Gene mutations also play some roles in making people look the way they do.

Even the kind of food you eat and your lifestyle can make you look a certain way, i can go on and on.
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by Addietunes(m): 10:14am On Aug 02, 2015
SirStevoe:

Hmm Interesting! Typing...

*Modified*

Yes. According to the Bible, we all descended from Adam & Eve, and later, Noah (who also is a descendant of Adam). This is because after The Flood, Noah and his family were the only persons left on Earth... (Genesis 6-9).

Well I believe the 'Tower of Babel' (Genesis 11), was the starting point of all Nations, races and ethnicities. This was after the great Flood. The people at that time were all populated in one area (which was a disobedience to the command God gave them to scatter and populate the Earth Genesis 9:1), they decided to build a Tower to reach Heaven...God having seeing their mind and intentions, confused their language so that they began speaking different languages, and they were divided into smaller divisions according to what they could understand. He then scattered these divisions throughout the whole Earth.

So that brought about all the 'races' and nations, according to their various languages basically. And I believe as time went on, certain features began to manifest among them all, making each one differ from the other, with the most obvious difference being the physical trait of skin colour, which simply arose most definitely as a result of Variation, from knowledge of modern genetics... So we all CAN'T have same physical traits in actual sense...

There is really one "race" though, - the 'Human Race'. Isn't it? cheesy
[/b]

Mehn your post is so funny, you mean someone could be this serious on fables. There is only one question that would put a pin on this balloon. Here is the question " please explain to us how humans crossed oceans".
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by uzoexcel(m): 12:57am On Oct 06, 2016
Nice one plaetton
It becomes quite suspicious when the Noah story is ever present in at least several 'histories' of different ancient races...for example the sumerian history give a better account if the great flood...
plaetton:

In as much as this is supposed to be a joke, I do take exceptions when folks ignore simple grades school biology and acheological evidence to brainwash themselves just to suit a preferred belief system.

I already knew from grade school that the first human life arose from Africa, south eastern Africa, to be precise.
There are tons of indisputable acheological and scientific evidence that support this.

For Anyone who may have skipped school on the day that it was taught in class, let me do you all the favor to rehash it.
HUMAN LIFE DID NOT EVER EVER EVER BEGIN IN THE MIDDLE EAST.

Is that clear enough? undecided

Second lesson is on simple genetic biology, which I am guessing most of you skipped while it was being taught in school.
Here I go again.
All HUMAN RACES DESCENDED FROM THE BLACK RACE.
BLACK DID NOT EMERGE FROM ANY OTHER RACE.

It is genetically impossible to mutate from white skin to black skin. The reverse, mutation from black skin to white skin is what is obtained in nature.

Therefore, if Noah was as white as snow, according to the bible, then it is BIOLOGICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for the black race to have descended from Noah.

Third lesson for today, the flood event, even if historical, occurred 10,000 yrs ago, at the end of the last Ice Age in the Northern Hemisphere, when perhaps melting ice glaciers flooded parts of the Northern Hemisphere.

Yoruba culture alone is more than 11,000 yrs old.
Humans, black skinned humans walked the Earth 200,000 yrs ago.

Why is it deemed extremely necessary for black people to deny known history, deny known biological science, deny clear archeological evidence, just so that he/she can fit himself inside the myths and legends of stone age middle easterners?
Why why?

C'mon people
This is 2015, a post enlightenment era.
Are you people permanently stuck in a time warp?
Are you the people that time forgot?

If you missed some essential lessons in school, then simply avail yourself of the unlimited information on the Internet.

No other generation before us had as much access to free knowledge and information as this generation.
There is no excuse to remain ignorant.

Lastly,
The bible is NOT A BOOK OF KNOWLEDGE.
It is a book of myths and legends upon which the religious FAITH of one particular tribe ( certainly not your tribe angry) of humans are anchored.

SUNDAY SCHOOL IS NOT SCHOOL.

God Is Literally A Stupid Designer / Pastor Dies On Top Of Married Woman / People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59