Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

The Bible And The Human Race. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible And The Human Race. (5308 Views)

American Preacher Blasts Obama, Nigeria And The Entire Black Race (Video) / Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. / Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by hahn(m): 4:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
plaetton:

Isn't it funny, ironic and rather sad though that only you, a black African, among all other races of humans, deny the African origins of human life,
A fact that all white, all Asians, All middle easterners even acknowledge as a scientific and historical fact ?. shocked undecided
What a sad one .

Well, then , you are the shinning example of effects of cultural genocide, the main reason why we are here to fight and mock Lethal Mythologies.

Totally unbelievable the way blacks think. We seem to find it hard to believe anything good that is said about us. But he did raise some good questions in the next comment he made. You should read it

Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by plaetton: 5:02pm On Jun 23, 2015
Gosh.
emrain:
[size=16pt] WHO CREATED MAN?
WHAT IS ITS/HIS/HER REASONS

WHAT IS THE ROLE OF THIS CREATOR TODAY?

Why don't you align your brain, if possible at all, to asking or pondering how human life evolved on earth. You would learn a lot more.

Man created a creator.
But that aside, don't you think that scientific inquiry is a better way to find your creator, his blue prints, etc ?

Your brain is just too lazy and too dull to embrace complexity.
You seem to prefer ready made answers packaged in small chewable bits, with lots of sugar.
Mental indolence is the problem here, not a lack of answers.

emrain:
[size=16pt]

WHY ARE THE SUPPOSED ORIGINAL HUMANS (BLACKS) DIEING OF STARVATION, WHILE THEIR COUNTERFEIT (whites) DIE OF OVER FEEDING?
Silly question.
Again, your mal-education seems to be the problem here, not a lack of simple obvious answers.

Wealth, abundance, lack, starvation are functions of the dynamics of history, economics, and social Darwinism .

Again, in case you never took simple Economics in your mal-educational career, then go online and educate yourself by reading Adam Smith's " The Wealth Of Nations ", according to wiki, is ;
An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations, generally referred to by its shortened title The Wealth of Nations, is the magnum opus of the Scottish economist and moral philosopher Adam Smith. First published in 1776, the book offers one of the world's first collected descriptions of what builds nations' wealth and is today a fundamental work in classical economics. By reflecting upon the economics at the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, the book touches upon such broad topics as the division of labor, productivity, and free markets.

[/size]

Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
plaetton:
Gosh.

Why don't you align your brain, if possible at all, to asking or pondering how human life evolved on earth. You would learn a lot more.

Man created a creator.
But that aside, don't you think that scientific inquiry is a better way to find your creator, his blue prints, etc ?

Your brain is just too lazy and too dull to embrace complexity.
You seem to prefer ready made answers packaged in small chewable bits, with lots of sugar.
Mental indolence is the problem here, not a lack of answers.

Silly question.
Again, your mal-education seems to be the problem here, not a lack of simple obvious answers.

Wealth, abundance, lack, starvation are functions of the dynamics of history, economics, and social Darwinism .

Again, in case you never took simple Economics in your mal-educational career, then go online and educate yourself by reading Adam Smith's " The Wealth Of Nations ", according to wiki, is ;
An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations, generally referred to by its shortened title The Wealth of Nations, is the magnum opus of the Scottish economist and moral philosopher Adam Smith. First published in 1776, the book offers one of the world's first collected descriptions of what builds nations' wealth and is today a fundamental work in classical economics. By reflecting upon the economics at the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, the book touches upon such broad topics as the division of labor, productivity, and free markets.

[/size]

It was actually a sarcastic question for theists to ponder on.

Well, I can see how intelligent and well mannered you are. Well done.

Perhaps you should check the topic of the thread.
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by macof(m): 5:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
You see africans are doomed until we learn to not give a fvck about others but care only about our Africa and what is African

Begins with dumping nonesense like Adam and Eve

Why should a yoruba ignore the yoruba tale that described a Woman - Nini as the first human?
It's simply mental slavery

This non of my children shall experience. .

Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by plaetton: 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2015
emrain:

It was actually a sarcastic question for theists to ponder on.

Well, I can see how intelligent and well mannered you are. Well done.

Perhaps you should check the topic of the thread.

Well, pardon me then.
But make your positions , even it is a sarcasm, clear.

We are fighting a serious battle to detoxify our brethren of lethal mythologies.
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by plaetton: 5:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
macof:

Why should a yoruba ignore the yoruba tale that described a Woman - Nini as the first human?

Are you serious ? shocked
OMG!

You see, it all comes back to Africa.

The Sumerian cuneiform tablets that predate the bible by at least 4000yrs say that the first mother of all humankind, whom they referred to as the Mami Of The Nations , was called Ninlil or Nin-hersag.

She is believed to be the Mithocondrial Eve, a woman that has been genetically traced to South East Africa about 200,000 yrs ago.

So, we can see here that Yoruba Cultural history is much more accurate than the bible's cosmological plagerism.

Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by MrPresident1: 7:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
freecocoa:
Okay, so according to the bible, we all(humans) came from Adam and Eve, right?

I was just wondering though, how come humans are of different races? Aren't we all supposed to share same physical traits(atleast) as them?

I'd really love to know what you think, we are all still learning.

Actually the story of Adam and Eve is figurative. Adam and Eve are not one single man and one single woman, they are really multitudes of people condensed into one man and one woman.
Gen 5:1-2
1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Adam and Eve are not the first people on the earth, they are actually the first people created in the image and likeness of God i.e they were the people to whom God first revealed Himself by giving them His laws and commandments figuratively called the breath of life. Without the laws of God in a man, man is just a beast, therefore, beasts of the field, birds of the air, creeping things, fishes of the sea, cattle, creeping things, these are all descriptions of other people created but without the knowledge of God.

Gen 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by horlarwhalhe: 8:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
Do u want to find the truth, read this story ANUANNAKI
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by freecocoa(f): 10:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
MrPresident1:

Actually the story of Adam and Eve is figurative. Adam and Eve are not one single man and one single woman, they are really multitudes of people condensed into one man and one woman.
1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Adam and Eve are not the first people on the earth, they are actually the first people created in the image and likeness of God i.e they were the people to whom God first revealed Himself by giving them His laws and commandments figuratively called the breath of life. Without the laws of God in a man, man is just a beast, therefore, beasts of the field, birds of the air, creeping things, fishes of the sea, cattle, creeping things, these are all descriptions of other people created but without the knowledge of God.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Wtf? Multitudes condensed into one man and woman, what does that even mean?
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by plaetton: 10:30pm On Jun 23, 2015
freecocoa:

It means that Adam was a word to describe human race in general.
It sumerian language, Adama Meant ' man of the Earth'. Earthling.

Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by freecocoa(f): 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2015
plaetton:

It means that Adam was a word to describe human race in general.
It sumerian language, Adama Meant ' man of the Earth'. Earthling.
How is any of this supposed to make sense? So God didn't create one Adam at a time? He created many and also made lots of Eves from their ribs?
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by damilareoye: 10:38pm On Jun 23, 2015
the more you search, the more deep it becomes .... it is called mystery.
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by plaetton: 10:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
freecocoa:
How is any of this supposed to make sense? So God didn't create one Adam at a time? He created many and also made lots of Eves from their ribs?
I am glad you think it doesn't make sense.
Supernatural fables seldom make sense when critical analysis is applied to them.

It would similar to trying to figure out how Santa Clause delivers gifts to millions of children on one christmas Eve.
It is the Biggest mystery that no adult mind has been able to figure out.

Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by Mintayo(m): 3:44am On Jun 24, 2015
freecocoa:
Okay, so according to the bible, we all(humans) came from Adam and Eve, right?

I was just wondering though, how come humans are of different races? Aren't we all supposed to share same physical traits(atleast) as them?

I'd really love to know what you think, we are all still learning.
Genesis 11:1-9
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by MrPresident1: 7:58am On Jun 24, 2015
freecocoa:

The Bible is written that way, multitudes of people are condensed into single individuals. Noah, Job, Daniel, Adam, Abraham etc are all multitudes of men depicted as single individuals. Let me give you an example of this;

Ezekiel 9:4-6
4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

Ezekiel 14:13
13 Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it:
14 Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.
15 If I cause noisome beasts to pass through the land, and they spoil it, so that it be desolate, that no man may pass through because of the beasts:
16 Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters; they only shall be delivered, but the land shall be desolate.

If you link the passages above together, you will see that the names Job, Noah and Daniel are just cover names for men who are righteous, men who have been found worthy to live, in the midst of pestilence. So any man that is righteous is referred to under the cover name of Noah, Daniel and Job.
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 24, 2015
MrPresident1:

Where is that God now? What is that God's role in this world today?
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by MrPresident1: 8:20am On Jun 24, 2015
emrain:

Where is that God now? What is that God's role in this world today?
Job 9:24
The earth is given into the hand of the wicked:

Jeremiah 29:13
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Micah 6:8
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The earth is given into the hands of the wicked and God has hidden Himself from the sons of men, but it is only for a very short time. The enemies of God have failed in their effort to rule sans God, and evidence of their failure is the way the world is now upside down. God will come again, and this time it will be in judgment, only the righteous, irrespective of religion, will be justified in His sight at His appearance.

Meanwhile, even in the maddening confusion of the world, He has promised that those people who seek Him with all their heart will surely find Him
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by kolajamesjnr(m): 9:41am On Jun 24, 2015
MrPresident1:

Rediculous
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 24, 2015
MrPresident1:

The earth is given into the hands of the wicked and God has hidden Himself from the sons of men
, but it is only for a very short time. The enemies of God have failed in their effort to rule sans God, and evidence of their failure is the way the world is now upside down. God will come again, and this time it will be in judgment, only the righteous, irrespective of religion, will be justified in His sight at His appearance.

Meanwhile, even in the maddening confusion of the world, He has promised that those people who seek Him with all their heart will surely find Him

Who gave the earth to the wicked? And where is God hiding? Why is he even hiding?

Your God is such a coward, gosh.

Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by freecocoa(f): 9:56am On Jun 24, 2015
MrPresident1:

The Bible is written that way, multitudes of people are condensed into single individuals. Noah, Job, Daniel, Adam, Abraham etc are all multitudes of men depicted as single individuals. Let me give you an example of this;

Ezekiel 9:4-6
4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

Ezekiel 14:13
13 Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it:
14 Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.
15 If I cause noisome beasts to pass through the land, and they spoil it, so that it be desolate, that no man may pass through because of the beasts:
16 Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters; they only shall be delivered, but the land shall be desolate.

If you link the passages above together, you will see that the names Job, Noah and Daniel are just cover names for men who are righteous, men who have been found worthy to live, in the midst of pestilence. So any man that is righteous is referred to under the cover name of Noah, Daniel and Job.
Mehn! I give up, if you believe what you put up here is reasonable explanation to the topic, then.....

This is highly preposterous.

Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by MrPresident1: 10:59am On Jun 24, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

Rediculous

it is spelt 'Ridiculous'.

Why is it 'Rediculous' to you?
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by MrPresident1: 11:03am On Jun 24, 2015
emrain:

Who gave the earth to the wicked? And where is God hiding? Why is he even hiding?

Your God is such a coward, gosh.

Oh you are an atheist right? Run along, I have no appetite for discussions with zombies.
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by MrPresident1: 11:02am On Jun 24, 2015
freecocoa:
Mehn! I give up, if you believe what you put up here is reasonable explanation to the topic, then.....

This is highly preposterous.

Call it whatever you like, if you do not understand, it means it is just not given to you to understand. that is as simple as it is. Read again and pray to God to give you understanding.
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 24, 2015
MrPresident1:

Oh you are an atheist right? Run along, I have no appetite for discussions with zombies.

If only you know the meaning of zombie. grin grin grin

Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by macof(m): 9:33pm On Jun 24, 2015
plaetton:

Are you serious ? shocked
OMG!

You see, it all comes back to Africa.

The Sumerian cuneiform tablets that predate the bible by at least 4000yrs say that the first mother of all humankind, whom they referred to as the Mami Of The Nations , was called Ninlil or Nin-hersag.

She is believed to be the Mithocondrial Eve, a woman that has been genetically traced to South East Africa about 200,000 yrs ago.

So, we can see here that Yoruba Cultural history is much more accurate than the bible's cosmological plagerism.

Sure
what do you think of the Igbo word "nene" being a cognate of "Nini"
And Akan and Ewe "Nana"
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by plaetton: 10:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
macof:

Sure
what do you think of the Igbo word "nene" being a cognate of "Nini"
And Akan and Ewe "Nana"

Amazing.
I always say that language is one of the best ways to trace history.
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by BABE3: 8:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
Freecocoa

since the thread is dead we might as well have this convo here. cheesy

are you agnostic or an atheist?
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by freecocoa(f): 9:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
BABE3:
Freecocoa

since the thread is dead we might as well have this convo here. cheesy

are you agnostic or an atheist?
Agnostic.

But there's so little difference between the two.grin

Btw, this thread go soon resurrect.grin
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by BABE3: 9:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
freecocoa:
Agnostic.

But there's so little difference between the two.grin

Btw, this thread go soon resurrect.grin

big difference. Atheists are more decisive; there's no god. Agnostics are neither here nor there.

Though I hate tags and labels, I'd say I'm more of an agnostic.

I especially do not like that Christian god (if he does exist). Psychotic hypocritical douche bag. grin
Jesus is okay. But If I don't like his dad, there's no point liking him since they're the same person. Bizarre!

Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by freecocoa(f): 9:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
BABE3:

big difference. Atheists are more decisive; there's no god. Agnostics are neither here nor there.

Though I hate tags and labels, I'd say I'm more of an agnostic.

I especially do not like that Christian god (if he does exist). Psychotic hypocritical douche bag. grin
Jesus is okay. But If I don't like his dad, there's no point liking him since they're the same person. Bizarre!
You are crazy you know.grin

When I say there's little difference, what I mean is, you find out that, they often reason alike. An agnostic doesn't know if there's a God but leads his/her life like there's none just like the atheist, not really caring what the said God who might or might not be, thinks.

Anyway, the christian god is really an annoying douche bag, I mean, how confused, heartless, hypocritical and whatnot can he be?grin

Btw, my siblings are on the verge of disowning me.cry
Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by BABE3: 9:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
freecocoa:
You are crazy you know.grin

When I say there's little difference, what I mean is, you find out that, they often reason alike. An agnostic doesn't know if there's a God but leads his/her life like there's none just like the atheist, not really caring what the said God who might or might not be, thinks.

Anyway, the christian god is really an annoying douche bag, I mean, how confused, heartless, hypocritical and whatnot can he be?grin

Btw, my siblings are on the verge of disowning me.cry

that god is not okay. undecided I'd rather worship the devil, coz at least I know what I'm dealing with.

I'm writing a mini article about the striking similarities between the third reich (nazi germany) and god and the isrealites. My discoveries have been mind blowing. grin

haaa! Jesu! You told your siblings you're an agnostic? Chei! You shouldn't have. This is very reversible though.
Follow these steps;

- wear your best dress to church this sunday.

- make sure you and your siblings go to the same church o.

- when its time for prayers; when the "holey spirit" starts moving, fall on the floor and start screaming.

-let the pastor lay hands on you and thank god profusely.

- when your siblings ask you what happened, tell them the demon of atheist left your body and you're a new being.

-they'll be happy amd convinced

- continue going to church .

Atheists are treated like gays in Africa (and America). You have to protect yourself. We may get denied for jobs sef based on your agnosticism. So, keep it on the low. If you live in western Europe, then it wouldn't be such a big deal.

This is actually the first time I'll mentioning my stance on god and religion coz I'm somewhat anonymous here. I still go to church; I still speak in tongues. grin But the more I sit at church services, the more convinced I am that I'm on right path. grin

Re: The Bible And The Human Race. by freecocoa(f): 10:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
BABE3:

that god is not okay. undecided I'd rather worship the devil, coz at least I know what I'm dealing with.

I'm writing a mini article about the striking similarities between the third reich (nazi germany) and god and the isrealites. My discoveries have been mind blowing. grin

haaa! Jesu! You told your siblings you're an agnostic? Chei! You shouldn't have. This is very reversible though.
Follow these steps;

- wear your best dress to church this sunday.

- make sure you and your siblings go to the same church o.

- when its time for prayers; when the "holey spirit" starts moving, fall on the floor and start screaming.

-let the pastor lay hands on you and thank god profusely.

- when your siblings ask you what happened, tell them the demon of atheist left your body and you're a new being.

-they'll be happy amd convinced

- continue going to church .

Atheists are treated like gays in Africa (and America). You have to protect yourself. We may get denied for jobs sef based on your agnosticism. So, keep it on the low. If you live in western Europe, then it wouldn't be such a big deal.

This is actually the first time I'll mentioning my stance on god and religion coz I'm somewhat anonymous here. I still go to church; I still speak in tongues. grin But the more I sit at church services, the more convinced I am that I'm on right path. grin

You are seriously nuts.grin

Do you know I didn't even like say the words to them, I just find myself speaking my mind when God/religion comes up, I've always been the black sheep of the family on church matters, so my not attending church is not even an issue, it's the thought of their sister not believing in god that bothers them, with the way am going sef, i'm almost certain my dad will soon know my stance should he engage me in a discussion about God, I just can't seem to hold it in anymore.

I'd have to be unconscious before I can attend any church service to convince anyone on where I stand, I just can't do it.grin

I must say, I'm actually a bit surprised to find out you are agnostic, I used to think you, a not born again christian.cheesy

I hope that one day my siblings come to terms with my decision, I actually plan to help them 'see the light.'grin

God Is Literally A Stupid Designer / Fasting Without Doing This Won't Work / Who Were The Prisoners Jesus Preached To After He Died?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102