Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,314 members, 7,954,261 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:39 PM

What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) (5607 Views)

How Many Children Do You Think Is Ideal For A Family In This Current Economy? / How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? / What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by captianfreeman(m): 7:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
Good day nairalanders.

Please I need urgent advice on this pressing issues.
A friend of mine who has been married for the passed three years, was favour by God, with a bouncing baby boy, after which he sent for his mother inlaw to come over for the traditional ormugor (baby tendering). That was over four months ago.
Now ,it is about four months into her stay for ormugor (baby tendering), she has refused to go. By now, my friend is so uncomfortable with her continuous stay.

PLEASE WHAT SHOULD HE DO?
Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by Pineapp: 7:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
I'll personally drive you back to the village after 3months...Omugor kor,ogumor no.
Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by angieberry(f): 7:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hian! Just four months and he's complaining
Catering for babies ain't easy oh
Omugwo can last for up to a year, it depends on the needs of the mother
I believe your friend should discuss this with his wife.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by demmy0325(m): 7:59pm On Jun 22, 2015
Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
angieberry:
Hian! Just four months and youre complaining?

a year preferably, allow the birth mother to learn from the pros as well as reduce the stress of baby-sitting, preparing food and general work.. house-helps can be complete dodos when and after you give birth. and you too can be absent-minded, so its best to have the mother for as long as a year. remember to package at least N200k plus other gifts when she is leaving.. chances are someone else has also given birth and they live in Atlanta grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by DeHero1: 8:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
After 40 days, go back... or else, any embarrassment u see, na u cause am.

In d real sense, an handshake shouldn't extend to d elbow. Four months is quite a long time. What's she still doing there?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by angieberry(f): 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2015
Yes,you know this! Typical Igbo way.
voltron:

a year preferably, allow the birth mother to learn from the pros as well as reduce the stress of baby-sitting, preparing food and general work.. house-helps can be complete dodos when and after you give birth. and you too can be absent-minded, so its best to have the mother for as long as a year. remember to package at least N200k plus other gifts when she is leaving.. chances are someone else has also given birth and they live in Atlanta grin grin
Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by lastnogood(f): 5:05am On Jun 23, 2015
I just have to say that this is such a great idea! I'm a single mom just had my third and an extra hand from my mother would be a great thing indeed!!! I know she would if she could but she still has a husband and the 2 youngest at home still in high school.

As to the question, I think tact needs to be applied. The husband might feel overwhelmed, but his wife might need the extra help. And the mother will definitely be offended to be kicked out of her own child's home...l

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by Ewuro4: 5:11am On Jun 23, 2015
'Mo money mo problems' grin

Your friend want to knack already? Anyway he tried. Una house sweet be that. He should take that as a compliment.

A MIL packed her load & left for Naija after just four weeks stay here (she had 10years grandparent visa) . Thank goodness the couple had a backup plan.

So the big Q , WHAT SHOULD HE DO? = NOTHING, enjoy mama's soups while you can.
Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by captianfreeman(m): 6:29am On Jun 23, 2015
hahahahaha! That is so funny.
Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 20, 2015
3 months is ok,by the 4th month if she hasn't raised the issue of leaving your house,you stylishly ask her what & what you ought to give to her for the omugwo..
Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by teeboo: 12:37pm On Sep 20, 2015
4months is a long time,habba I trust my mama,wen I had my child she only stayed for 1month she told me to prepare mysef and be strong, she said she cannot come and seat and cross leg in my husband's house,she sent me my Lil bro to help me with some house chores. As a new mom if u ave som1 helping u'll get so used to it dat u won't want dem to go especially ur mum. @ Op if ur friend talk to his wife for her mother to leave d wife might feel offended and pass d anger to his family wen dey visit. Issues like dis need to be handled with care

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by SUV(f): 12:46am On Sep 21, 2015
Na wa oooo. Me dey beg my onw mum to stay for at least 3wks. Una lucky joorr. We won't mind having mum around for al long as she wants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by Hedonistically: 7:56am On Apr 19, 2016
This omugwo thing is constituting a nuisance for me now as I have one inconsiderate neighbour who invited his mother-in-law and sister in law to do omugwo together in their one bedroomed self-contained apartment. All of them there plus a steady sting of sleepover visitors stretching the compound's resources and inconveniencing me staying on my own. All the space for hanging clothes is taken over; sometimes water shortage is worsened because of all of then and all that, plus incessant noise and walkabout all over one's space. It's been more than four months now and the mother and daughter omugwo squad are still there along with the man's wife that gave birth.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by Janeyinspires(f): 11:53am On Apr 19, 2016
sauceny:
3 months is ok,by the 4th month if she hasn't raised the issue of leaving your house,you stylishly ask her what & what you ought to give to her for the omugwo..

Gbam Op! The message is clear.
Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2016
my mom will stay with me for 3 months oooo . After which I will send her home fully loaded.
Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by byvan03: 8:44pm On Apr 19, 2016
Anything more than 1 week omugwo is suffocation, I prefer no omugwo biko angry.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by Evina(f): 9:52pm On Apr 19, 2016
byvan03:
Anything more than 1 week omugwo is suffocation, I prefer no omugwo biko angry.

Hehehe.

This Byvan sef! Why do you like to reason like me sometimes?

All these omugwo talk, me no join!
My MIL spent 2weeks and it was MORE than sufficient. In fact, I was cooking during that time and even bathe my sweet cutie sometimes. LOLZ

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by onstelly(f): 11:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
Is one month
But it might differ cos pple ain't practicing same thing

Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by diva90: 4:52am On Apr 20, 2016
There's no rule for length of stay. The woman should leave when she's ready.
Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by byvan03: 4:09pm On Apr 20, 2016
Evina:

Hehehe.

This Byvan sef! Why do you like to reason like me sometimes?

All these omugwo talk, me no join!
My MIL spent 2weeks and it was MORE than sufficient. In fact, I was cooking during that time and even bathe my sweet cutie sometimes. LOLZ

Lol! Same here , two weeks and I couldn't wait to be by myself. Did the cooking and bathing most times too, even go to the market.
Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by Evina(f): 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2016
byvan03:

Lol! Same here , two weeks and I couldn't wait to be by myself. Did the cooking and bathing most times too, even go to the market.

Ehen! Sistur gurl, I'll be watching you on 4D henceforth! cheesy how many kids you got?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by byvan03: 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
Evina:

Ehen! Sistur gurl, I'll be watching you on 4D henceforth! cheesy how many kids you got?

grin 3.
Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by Evina(f): 5:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
byvan03:

grin 3.

3?! shocked

Nne! That's wonderful! One more by His Grace n it's Au revoir to childbirth. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by byvan03: 5:56pm On Apr 20, 2016
Evina:

3?! shocked

Nne! That's wonderful! One more by His Grace n it's Au revoir to childbirth. cheesy

I don tire for that business, jare. Make I channel my energy where I go see alert /connect . If the new generation babies start coming with Ghana must go of £$ I fit re enter the biz make I born my own money bag grin grin.
Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by Evina(f): 9:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
byvan03:

I don tire for that business, jare. Make I channel my energy where I go see alert /connect . If the new generation babies start coming with Ghana must go of £$ I fit re enter the biz make I born my own money bag grin grin.

Hahahaha cheesy grin walahi, I like you. wink

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by byvan03: 9:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
Evina:

Hahahaha cheesy grin walahi, I like you. wink

wink
Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by iamJ(m): 6:48am On Nov 26, 2020
DeHero1:
After 40 days, go back... or else, any embarrassment u see, na u cause am.

In d real sense, an handshake shouldn't extend to d elbow. Four months is quite a long time. What's she still doing there?
I don't understand why someone will stay beyound a month, once the baby is named, prepare to leave.
Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 26, 2020
It varies from family. Like some do 6 months and even a year but the most common I've seen is 3 months. So, it depends.
Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by legacystore: 11:27am On Nov 26, 2020
angieberry:
Hian! Just four months and he's complaining

That is for a jobless mother in law

3 months is maximum ie when a woman even delivered by CS if it's normal delivery 6 weeks maximum

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by legacystore: 11:32am On Nov 26, 2020
captianfreeman:
Good day nairalanders.

Please I need urgent advice on this pressing issues.
A friend of mine who has been married for the passed three years, was favour by God, with a bouncing baby boy, after which he sent for his mother inlaw to come over for the traditional ormugor (baby tendering). That was over four months ago.
Now ,it is about four months into her stay for ormugor (baby tendering), she has refused to go. By now, my friend is so uncomfortable with her continuous stay.

PLEASE WHAT SHOULD HE DO?

Op just buy the things u will use to settle her for the omugu then give her one week notice and then take her back to her house. She must be jobless n shameless to relax this long without giving some hint about going. Only you can determine how long you need her to stay. though 3 month is the general maximum duration.
Re: What Is The Ideal Duration Of Ormugor (baby Tendering) by naylor(f): 3:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
There are some situations that could make the mother stay long like complications after childbirth as there are some women that got admitted for longer in the hospital for one issue or the other. The mother of the lady will therefore need to stay longer to cater for her daughter and also help in taking care of the grandchild until the daughter fully gets herself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Never-Let-Go Loving Father (Inspirational Story) / How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. / How Big Is Too Big Of An Age Gap For Relationships?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.