Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. (5319 Views)

Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person / Why I Chose To Distance Myself From A Sibling / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 29, 2017
Hello Familylanders, I'm new here.

Please I need advice. I have a sister who is almost 29 and still single. My problem is not with her status but with her lack of interest in coming out of the her single status.

I may be wrong though but at 29, I don't see why she should still be posting slay pictures on Facebook, toying with so many men and still wanting to be treated preferentially.

She has a domineering spirit, is not submissive and isn't ready to listen even to my father. I think that's why her boyfriend of five years left her and married another lady last year.

We've tried to be understanding and not put pressure on her but it's really telling on us especially we the guys because she is our senior.

Anyone who has an experience dealing with this or anything similar to this situation or any advice should please contribute. Thank you.
Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 29, 2017
Give me her number , i also have that kind of spirit .lemme marry her

9 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by 1Sharon(f): 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2017
Why is her being single bothering you? undecided

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
1Sharon:

My parents are already old and she's really giving them headache. Especially my dad. They fight almost everyday. She's the first among us and it's really a becoming a concern to us.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by LewsTherin: 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2017
Is the problem her single status or the fact that she seems to be a spoilt girl with bad character traits?

17 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by MhizzAJ(f): 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
She's almost 29 and still single..so?
The problem isn't about her age or her status
She should work on her attitude..its a simple stuff...

9 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by 1Sharon(f): 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2017
Motuke01:

My parents are already old and she's really giving them headache. Especially my dad. They fight almost everyday. She's the first among us and it's really a becoming a concern to us.

her being single gives them headache?

Does she live with ur parents?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by jashar(f): 5:04pm On Aug 29, 2017
what's ya own?

Is it your slay or your life?

Run your own race and keep praying for her....

You people should not go and push her to do something drastic...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by chii8(f): 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2017
If you don't have answers to his questions, keep mute nah,if he/they know a best way to handle the situation,he won't be here.

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by ImaIma1(f): 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2017
Motuke01:

Please I need advice. I have a sister who is almost 29 and still single. My problem is not with her status but with her lack of interest in coming out of the her single status.

I may be wrong though but at 29, I don't see why she should still be posting slay pictures on Facebook, toying with so many men and still wanting to be treated preferentially.

She has a domineering spirit, is not submissive and isn't ready to listen even to my father. I think that's why her boyfriend of five years left her and married another lady last year.

We've tried to be understanding and not put pressure on her but it's really telling on us especially we the guys because she is our senior.

Anyone who has an experience dealing with this or anything similar to this situation or any advice should please contribute. Thank you.

Don't be worried for her. She will calm down. Besides, there is a man for her...one that has her mumu button. She will be fine. Live your own lives and forget her. Just put her in prayers cos i dont think there is much you can do for her

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by itzmarvyx(m): 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2017
OP. I kinda understand what you're going through. After all blood is thicker than water and it shows you're responsible even though you're not the first born.

Now a while back, I had a sister who was doing this exact same thing. Believe me it isn't really easy on the part of ladies who are that age although your sister's case seems to be peculiar. I suspect she has friends who are fueling that behavior.

Just be patient with her while praying for her. If you can make her open up to you on her intimate life, better for you. From there you can chip in one or two things and she will listen to you.

Last bullet--> it's better she is single, prepare for marriage and stay in marriage instead of her entering marriage early and finding her way back to single life. The stories here on Nairaland is enough to tell you that marriage isn't meant for children who are unprepared.

Cheers smiley

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by loshybab(m): 9:51pm On Aug 29, 2017
imagine people saying what's Op's biz with d lady? when it's been clearly stated they are blood-related. I give up on some NLanders sense of reasoning.

meanwhile, the problem is her attitude and it's already evident since u claimed her ex left her for that sole reason. so,unless she changes that,she might find herself to be among a group of folks I will call 'the old ladies',coz even if she marries, there is no guarantee it's gonna last.

11 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by ponziponzi(m): 10:34pm On Aug 29, 2017
loshybab:
imagine people saying what's Op's biz with d lady? when it's been clearly stated they are blood-related. I give up on some NLanders sense of reasoning.

meanwhile, the problem is her attitude and it's already evident since u claimed her ex left her for that sole reason. so,unless she changes that,she might find herself to be among a group of folks I will call 'the old ladies',coz even if she marries, there is no guarantee it's gonna last.

You don't understand, many of these ladies are unmarried and are close to (or more than) 29. They are simply venting their anger on the poor guy. What else will they do?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by Destined2win: 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2017
I don't know why a lot of ladies try to hide a bad attitude and character under the guise of 'marriage is not for everybody'. The ladies above are failing to address the real issue here.

OP, your sister has a bad attitude and is disrespectful. You were observant enough to notice that it might have caused her a guy who would have married her. And if she continues like, no man will marry her. If she eventually does, she will become a problem to a peaceful man and his family. The truth is that a larger part of ladies who are of age and not married have a disgusting attitude and they try to defend this in their own words yet deep within them, they want to get married and raise their own flesh and blood.

Pray for your sister. Be bold enough to advise her anytime you deem fit and defend your parents from her onslaught else she will be doomed if they ever lay a curse on her.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 29, 2017
Motuke01:

Why is it that it's only in this part of the world that people see marriage as an achievement?.

If your sister seem worthless to you, to be with any man based on how you just described her, can't you be a brother and talk to her about her attitude you don't like?.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by dominique(f): 10:54pm On Aug 29, 2017
But must marriage be a woman's ultimate goal in life? Believe it or not, not every woman wants to be under a man, not every woman wants her 'head' to be 'bought', not every woman wants to be subdued and controlled all in the name of being submissive. Besides we know most African marriages of are being endured rather than enjoyed especially by women, not every woman will be eager to be a part of it. Assuming you havr come to say she has no vision for her self, no career goals, no source of income. Then that would have been a cause for concern. Personally, I can never judge anybody based on their marital status. Marriage is a life long commitment. If you know you can't stick with the commitment, don't venture into it.

12 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by Abiagirl777(f): 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2017
Motuke01:

Your parents fight her everyday because they want her out if their house but when you ppl push her into the wrong hands now,you'll start blaming the devil.
you ppl shld let her be.marriage is not an achievement. when she finds a man that can tolerate her attitude she'll leave your house for you ppl.
you the guys should go and pave way for yourselves,overtaking is allowed in life.
Imagine just 29 yrs!I just pity her already

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by holyboii: 2:51am On Aug 30, 2017
most of all the ladies above are singles.

its not even about she getting married okay shebi she want to slay let her leave the house and stop disturbing people

senseless ladies everywhere

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by cococandy(f): 4:41am On Aug 30, 2017
What does she fight your parents about?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by cococandy(f): 4:41am On Aug 30, 2017
holyboii:
most of all the ladies above are singles.

its not even about she getting married okay shebi she want to slay let her leave the house and stop disturbing people

senseless ladies everywhere
Are you married?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by cococandy(f): 4:42am On Aug 30, 2017
Are you married? How old are you?
Destined2win:
I don't know why a lot of ladies try to hide a bad attitude and character under the guise of 'marriage is not for everybody'. The ladies above are failing to address the real issue here.

OP, your sister has a bad attitude and is disrespectful. You were observant enough to notice that it might have caused her a guy who would have married her. And if she continues like, no man will marry her. If she eventually does, she will become a problem to a peaceful man and his family. The truth is that a larger part of ladies who are of age and not married have a disgusting attitude and they try to defend this in their own words yet deep within them, they want to get married and raise their own flesh and blood.

Pray for your sister. Be bold enough to advise her anytime you deem fit and defend your parents from her onslaught else she will be doomed if they ever lay a curse on her.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by cococandy(f): 4:42am On Aug 30, 2017
ponziponzi:

You don't understand, many of these ladies are unmarried and are close to (or more than) 29. They are simply venting their anger on the poor guy. What else will they do?
are you married and how old are you?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by Viking007(m): 7:18am On Aug 30, 2017
Getting married won't solve her attitude issues. No man would want to get married to a lady who isn't submissive. You(Your family) should try and talk sense into her. There is more to life than getting married.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 30, 2017
OP, she's the first and you're worried about her for slaying, why shouldn't she post her pics in her page?

She can keep a guy for 5years and when he breaks her heart afterwards you blame her attitude for it? To me, your judgement seems one sided

Your parents quarrel her everyday and it's all her fault because they are old? Another unfair judgement

What is your relationship like with your sister, is she working, are you working, why does she still live at home with such turmoil going on, why are you so worried if she's 29(there are so many ladies older than her)? You need to answer these questions sincerely

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by Acidosis(m): 8:45am On Aug 30, 2017
Motuke01:
Hello

toying with so many men at 29 is a terrible thing. If she won't get married, at least, she should respect your family name, or get out of the house to continue slaying.

She has a domineering spirit, is not submissive and isn't ready to listen even to my father.

A lot of posters did not see this..

I think that's why her boyfriend of five years left her and married another lady last year.

Instead they choose to judge the OP for making an assumption

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by Acidosis(m): 8:50am On Aug 30, 2017
Abiagirl777:

Your parents fight her everyday because they want her out if their house but when you ppl push her into the wrong hands now,you'll start blaming the devil.
you ppl shld let her be.marriage is not an achievement. when she finds a man that can tolerate her attitude she'll leave your house for you ppl.
you the guys should go and pave way for yourselves,overtaking is allowed in life.

That's the characteristics of a slay queen.

They are always looking for a man that will tolerate their deficiencies. They're never ready to change their bad attitudes.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by Destined2win: 9:01am On Aug 30, 2017
cococandy:
Are you married? How old are you?
cool Old enough
Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by HMZi: 9:44am On Aug 30, 2017
1Sharon:
are u 29 and single tóo??.........
Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by lilmax(m): 9:48am On Aug 30, 2017
the ones that are married always ask the funny question... "why is marriage seen as an achievement "?.... gringringrin

never gets old

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by lilmax(m): 9:50am On Aug 30, 2017
Abiagirl777:

I guess you didn't read the " toying with men part "

how do you get the right one when you search for crappy men?

@29 you still post pictures, toy with men?

is that something you wish you blood related?
Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by Humanistme: 9:53am On Aug 30, 2017
is it her bad attitude or her being single that is bothering you?

well there is nothing you can do about her attitude seeing that you are younger than her.

Encourage your mum to talk more to her by talking to her I don't mean scolding her like a child. you guys should also stop putting pressure on her to marry that may be the reason why she feels frustrated by you guys and she reacts by not listening and giving a shit.

she will marry when she's ready.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling. by Humanistme: 9:55am On Aug 30, 2017
lilmax:
I guess you didn't read the " toying with men part "

how do you get the right one when you search for crappy men?

@29 you still post pictures, toy with men?

is that something you wish you blood related?

I didn't understand the correlation between posting pictures on Facebook and toying with men.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) / Kids And Mastubation. / Boarding School Or Day School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.