Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,518 members, 7,836,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Who's To Blame For The Bad Roads? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who's To Blame For The Bad Roads? (771 Views)

Is Jonathan Or Buhari To Blame For Poor Economy? / (photos)ABA BAD Roads And People Suffering / The Bad State Of The Hospital Alamieyeseigha Died In (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who's To Blame For The Bad Roads? by SoulWhisperer: 9:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
In Nigeria we are experiencing the rainy season and we all know what that means – more flood. Despite the construction projects going on, our roads are still bad. It takes a longer time to get to our work places due to the traffic caused by the bad roads. When it rains, there’s flooding due to poor drainage system. The roads that were once tarred are left to crumble into such a state that if someone told you that the road was tarred you’d slap them for lying. The question is who is to blame for the bad roads?
http://www.naijacomplaints.com.ng/complaints/topic/whos-to-blame-for-the-bad-roads
Re: Who's To Blame For The Bad Roads? by Skillfullulu(m): 9:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
Road users and people living around.
Re: Who's To Blame For The Bad Roads? by SoulWhisperer: 9:19pm On Jun 22, 2015
Skillfullulu:
Road users and people living around.

I'm of the same opinion. The thing is that people are so quick to blaming the government for everything. The truth is that if we the citizens exercise care and caution, things would be better.
Re: Who's To Blame For The Bad Roads? by INTERMAN: 9:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
I blame our engineers. Lack of technical know how
Re: Who's To Blame For The Bad Roads? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
Government at all levels; across political party divide. There's poor oversight of construction companies, awarding contracts to cronies and poor maintainance culture.
Re: Who's To Blame For The Bad Roads? by natas22: 9:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
Re: Who's To Blame For The Bad Roads? by Skillfullulu(m): 10:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
SoulWhisperer:

I'm of the same opinion. The thing is that people are so quick to blaming the government for everything. The truth is that if we the citizens exercise care and caution, things would be better.
we citizens are the ones damaging thingz yet we blame the government.

1 Like

Re: Who's To Blame For The Bad Roads? by SoulWhisperer: 10:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
kITATITA:
Government at all levels; across political party divide. There's poor oversight of construction companies, awarding contracts to cronies and poor maintainance culture.

I wonder who is in charge of examining the blue print of the construction companies before giving them the go-ahead to construct the road.
Re: Who's To Blame For The Bad Roads? by bukason212(m): 10:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
I dnt buy the idea dat its the road users. How if i may ask? The govermnt is responsible for construction n maintenance of roads. Federal governmnt for federal roads, state government for state road. Here in anambra, we dnt hav any problem wit bad roads cos the governmnt knws its responsiblilities.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Daughter Orders Buyers Out Of A Boutique / Wetin Dey Make Ibo People Cry Na? / OAU Gives Indefinite Midterm Break As NASU Goes On Strike Over Unpaid Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.