Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,325 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs (35785 Views)

Lady Professes Her Intensions In Going Into Prostitution (photos) / CAREER SURVEY: Does Searching And Applying Online Actually Work? / CAREER SURVEY: Does Searching and Applying Online Actually Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Oduok(m): 6:22am On Jun 27, 2015
sonnyudoh:
Pls op how old r u
lolz.... You really wanna know? Will it go in any way to encourage you?
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Oduok(m): 6:30am On Jun 27, 2015
mikolo80:
dude pls could you give me a summary of what "consulting" for oil company means in plain mans english

My concept of consulting: By virtue of my education, training, and experience, investors in the downsream petroleum sector seek my advice and I get a fee for that. I can boldly say i'm an authority when it comes to design, construction, licensing, and operation of downstream oil and gas facilities. Trained in PTI, got experience with DPR and Exxonmobil - and being in private practice for years - all on downstream operations.
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Oduok(m): 6:33am On Jun 27, 2015
xender:
iz lyk I no u oo did u say u finis 4rm pti
it's mostly likely that you know me
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Oduok(m): 6:38am On Jun 27, 2015
poweredcom:
Why won't he boast he is not looking for job when his father has made way for him in PTF n also gave land to built his mini flat him mind rest na....so we nkor wey our papa no get nkor make we de find job or hustle to survive

if only you could open your mind and read my thread you will know this is a product of hardwork.

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Oduok(m): 6:40am On Jun 27, 2015
austin2all:
Bravo!
I'm also a graduate of PTI, effurun (m10/PEG/HND). Best graduating student in my class as well, I've been in Lagos hustling like an average Nigerian graduate out there. I'm still optimistic though, with my head held high.

I started a business last year which I'm still growing from the scratch. It's been tough though but I believe say God go do am. like an average PTI student, I still hope for an opportunity in our oil sector (at least to compensate for all the struggles in PTI - I'm sure you know how it is over there).
Abeg no forget to share any job link with me when you see any. marvelemporium@gmail.com
God bless your hustle bro.

welldone bro. Nice meeting you

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Oduok(m): 6:58am On Jun 27, 2015
Mishydoo:
Such a waste!...so wats d benefit of making a good result if u wanna be an entrepreneur!
Ur mates have employment in Shell,Mobil,ect...within one year u'll be able to start up as many buisnesses as u want!...
Brilliance without wisdom!!!

Nigerian graduates see themselves as being trained for employers rather than being trained for customers and clients. It is cool getting a well paid job. And it can be cheap most times getting those jobs. But other times can very hard - from other people's experience. If it comes easily fine, if it does not then we move on. My mates in oil sector, I know them already - schooled in PTI so you know I have a handful of them making big already. But some other of my mates too are wallowing in regrets 'cos of not being able to find the job. I have seen entrepreneurs (oil servicing) that come to consult me and what I always ask myself is, "if this one is offered job in the oil sector would he take?" Answer is NO. Being an employee is cool - certainly above 1M naira monthly salary. But there are businesses that when it yields gives you more than that. Gives you freedom. Gives you a name. And a sense of satisfaction that you've created jobs. I make good results because i'm committed to making them - be it in employment or entrepreneurship (i'm sorry for making this reply long. Thanks for your time)
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Oduok(m): 7:02am On Jun 27, 2015
shachris02:
this is more of a self praising thread.
Self praising? Read the thread again
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 27, 2015
Oduok:

lolz.. And which language was that?
Na french, bro
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by DSuperWoman(f): 9:09am On Jun 27, 2015
Oduok:

Ya I know. At least to encourage those with this same drive. Thank you so much for wishing me luck.
indeed everyone isn't meant to be an entrepreneur but for entrepreneurial ones.... all things are possible to those who believe. thanks for sharing your story it was encouraging
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by flyaero: 11:23am On Jun 27, 2015
its a good tin to b an employer of labour.
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by flyaero: 11:24am On Jun 27, 2015
its a good thing ti be an employer of labour.
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Oduok(m): 10:47am On Jun 28, 2015
callonme:
Thanks a lot.........my blog loading.

lolz.... You are welcome. Is your blog shafagna.com? 'cos i've seen the story there.
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by GuiltySpark343(m): 11:31am On Jun 28, 2015
(for the record i am way older than you ...got my b.eng 2004)...Hhmm(speechless)...i have added you to my list of follower

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Oduok(m): 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
GuiltySpark343:
(for the record i am way older than you ...got my b.eng 2004)...Hhmm(speechless)...i have added you to my list of follower

You are welcome sir. I'm more speechless standing before you (my superior).
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Oduok(m): 11:19am On Jul 02, 2015
400billionman:

Fellow Chemical Engineer, PM me left us shame devil..
4.4, is that First class ? You are good.
Nope. First Class is 4.5
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Catalyst007(m): 1:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
This is for those who don't yet know they can shop for almost anything online in Nigeria and have it delivered to their doorstep. Also, Online prices are mostly cheaper than retail prices.

konga will give you N2000 for your first order using their app.

CLICK HERE FOR GUIDANCE;

http://onlineshopping-productreviews..com/2015/03/shopping-on-konga-tutorial-101.html?m=1l
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by pBuhari(f): 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2015
I never worry myself for job hunting, my brain is doing it for me.

Immediately I finished university education I ventured into organising seminars for Bloggers and internet/online marketers of which I am successful on it till date by Gods grace.

My next seminar will be held in PORT HARCOURT next month.

Check my signatures for more
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 16, 2015
shachris02:
this is more of a self praising thread.
Taa sharap. It's not self praising rather called motivation so that other naija youths will get off their lazy asses and start doing something.
Re: I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs by Oduok(m): 1:16pm On Nov 19, 2016
Get these quality house care products: detergent (N1,300 per gallon), bleach (N1,200 per gallon), air freshener (N350 per piece). We supply to homes, hotels, restaurants, companies. ... ODFID

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Dentistry Better Than Medicine / Which Skill Can I Learn With My Phone And Data / UNIUYO Staff Electrocuted While Reconnecting Vandalized Armored Cable (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.