Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper (26056 Views)

Lagos IGR Rises By N32.99bn — Higher Than 33 States Put Together / Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay: Punch / Senators Salary Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by wolesmile(m): 9:07am On Jun 23, 2015
CHIIIISOS!!!

See MONEY!!!

Chai!!
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by plendil: 9:07am On Jun 23, 2015
gbaskiboy:
I've seen reason why dey want to die to win slot during electioneering campaign

Of course! They are ready to kill anyone on thier way.

What baffles me is that these are all very wealthy men and women.

How can we be cursed with such callous leaders, how sad sad
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by tayoone(m): 9:15am On Jun 23, 2015
It's obvious now that they care for their pocket alone but I now have concern with your health, not only your wealth!
Do men make money or money make men? Being rich does
not mean Wealth. For me its family and health. So many
people spend their health gaining wealth, and then have to
spend their wealth to regain their health. A man's health can
be judged by which he takes two at a time - pills or stairs.
The rate at which nature's purest miracle is bringing in
testimonies , you don't want to miss out on this. The Ruzu
Herbal Bitters is an amazing Herbal Wonder. This product is
not just another supplement, it is curative and the effects
can be seen in
under 24 hours.
Do you know anybody who suffers from any of these?
• Diabetes
• Weak Erection
• Typhoid and Malaria
• Vaginal Discharge
• Menstruation anomalies
• High Blood Pressure
• Waist and Back Pains
• Fibroid
• Infertility (Male and Female)
• Gonorrhea/Staphylococcus
• Syphilis
• Pile
• Obesity/Stomach Troubles
• Detoxifies the Kidneys and tones the Liver
Kindly put a bottle in someone's hand today, and they'll
forever thank you.
Call/sms/whatsapp - 08082788388
BBM:2BE24B67
Email: salautaofeeq@gmail.com
Like our Facebook Page:RUZU-Bitters-Natures-Miracle-Herbs
DO THAT NOW!!!
Distributors also Wanted Nationwide.

Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by franklingud(m): 9:15am On Jun 23, 2015
They can also add "sitting allowance, standing allowance, trekking allowance (in case their cars gets faulty) and any other thing allowanceable.
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 23, 2015
jesu!! And i dy bizy dy fire devil 4 d poverty nt knwin na National Asembly.ok mak i change prayer point. Fireyayayaya to national asembly
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by garsul: 9:17am On Jun 23, 2015
I think the salary and allowances of N24M per annum is fair enough as that is the average salary of a senior manager in a bank and some of the multi national companies. The main problem is the payments being made to these legislators on a quaterly basis. A senator gets credited with about N50M every three months and these payment are not defined and I doubt if it is constitutional. If we make so much noise about this salary and allowance, they can just reduce it by 50% just like some governors are hypocritically doing, but still retain the N50M quaterly payments which are not known to most nigerians
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by ephi123(f): 9:19am On Jun 23, 2015
Bad leadership, the bane of the African continent. Some people can barely afford to feed and this bunch of thieves are carrying millions home each month. Smh
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by mu2sa2: 9:40am On Jun 23, 2015
bashman004:
if only we were given the privilege of choosing our country
Wharra r u saying? Your "countrymen" in the senate & house are part and parcel of this humongous scam.
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by egobetatoday: 9:46am On Jun 23, 2015
dearpreye:

He won't punish them. Only we can punish them, either by protesting or recalling them. It's our duty.

i remember there was supposed to be a protest last friday, 19th june. we've not heard update on that. i'm sure nothing like that took place.

Nigerian youths...hmmnnn na just talk talk we dey, no action. i just tire for their talk.

Pmb said the national treasury is empty, but not empty enough to pay these billions to the lawmakers... hehehe someone is trying to fool us.
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by egobetatoday: 9:53am On Jun 23, 2015
garsul:
I think the salary and allowances of N24M per annum is fair enough as that is the average salary of a senior manager in a bank and some of the multi national companies. The main problem is the payments being made to these legislators on a quaterly basis. A senator gets credited with about N50M every three months and these payment are not defined and I doubt if it is constitutional. If we make so much noise about this salary and allowance, they can just reduce it by 50% just like some governors are hypocritically doing, but still retain the N50M quaterly payments which are not known to most nigerians

hehehehe...a senator shouldnt earn more than a lecturer. period.
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by front247: 10:16am On Jun 23, 2015
ziccoit:
If the last assembly could pass 43bills in a day at a sitting, it is apparent the legislators job should not be full time and bicameral. Let them collect sitting allowance and sit only when it is required. This would also attract the best brains into the house. Same should go for states too.
we cannot just imitate d big countries. We ar a developing country. House of rep is okay for making laws
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by teadrake(m): 10:20am On Jun 23, 2015
Caution is needed to kill a tsetse fly pearches on the scortum. Am sure the new government will soon act on that when due.So unfortunate having those bunch of legislooters!!
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by front247: 10:23am On Jun 23, 2015
We no go gree, youths lets march up to d national assembly. We must hold our leaders accountable, enough of these nonsense.
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by Raffa(m): 10:54am On Jun 23, 2015
This politician are killing us , day are d real boko haram without bomb
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by dayowunmi(m): 10:55am On Jun 23, 2015
Lolz! But after collecting salary what is the essence of all those allowances? You get wardrobe allowance, furniture,car, feeding and entertainment,travelling,estacode,aide,personal assistant etc, what are they now supposed to use their salary for?
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 23, 2015
What happened to toilet allowances
And
Urinating basics?
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by Shantyken(m): 11:25am On Jun 23, 2015
I would have suggest a revolution in nigeria but the issue of tribalism can never allowed it to succeed
good idea bt we youths too d fear. a senator earning dat for doing nothing hw much is civil servant salary annually. NLC RUBBISH.
#MAY GOD HELP US#
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by Abithel: 11:33am On Jun 23, 2015
vision2050:
Book haram and mend need to join together
to start kidnapping this greedy politicians
instead of bombing churches, mosques and
pipelines. Make yourselves useful

Abi they are about 500 altogether right, atleast if 50 of them shud disappear first, then the rest will be aware that they are next in line...

Heartless goons...
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by Akinz0126(m): 11:38am On Jun 23, 2015
Hmmmm Am short of words sef No wonder Jesus said It is finished.
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by Eggheaded(m): 12:24pm On Jun 23, 2015
If am seeing this, that means our NATIONAL TREASURY was emptied by this people.
Calculate the among being spent on aircraft maintenence + all these allowance + governors security votes + counsellor salaries.
You will see that TRILLIONS OF NAIRA is disbursed to this alone apart from curruption is enough to destroy our NATIONAL TREASURY.
We should do something other than just complaining.
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by hob(m): 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
i am also a public servant oooooooo...............................no other comment lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by IBBG(m): 1:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
We nigerians we r always gud at talking. When will we begin to act? We nigerians we r always gud at talking. When will we begin to act?
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by justice54321: 2:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
Wot happens to nigerian who a square meal is hard 4them,the destitutes.an why is 90% of our income been utilized by jus 5% of nigerians why others suffer from penury
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
This allawee was implemented by the pdp led govt.Apc should scrap it as the change they preach about.
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by Immanero: 4:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
D most annoying part t me, is entertainment allowance. Naija , wil pay u f ur own pleasure . Wen de can't even write new constitution. Our leaders need strong tin o
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by effectchange: 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
Am yet to understand the change people are clamouring for when it can't begin among these people. Despite the high level of unemployment and underemployment in this country. I wonder why there was ever independence in Nigeria. It's better to be oppressed by foreigners than by one's own country. Change my foot! I won't be surprised to know that some of them are the ones here shouting change, change.
Re: Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper by eneidoko(f): 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
Whoever drew up such obnoxious pay package where allowance is 10 times higher than basic salary?

A way to cover up the bleeding of the nation by the elites.

These people or lawmakers are engaged in zero sum game with the people of Nigeria in a winner takes all and the rest can do nothing.

Nigerians don't accept it anymore. Reduce it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo / Photos Of Ibrahim Babangida And Governor Dickson In A Closed Door Meeting / President Buhari Observes Eid-El-Kabir Prayers In Daura [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.