Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. (10494 Views)

15 Reasons Every Nigerian Grew Up With Trust Issues(pictures) / 17 Pictures That Will Only Make Sense To People Who Grew Up In Nigeria / Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Which wan consine you na? grin

Is that your afro shocked
Welcome to the club menh. Mine is a little longer than yours cheesy
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by ladygogo: 5:17pm On Jun 23, 2015
My Dad is 1,2 and sometimes 3.

He has refused to accept my Sister and I are now married. grin He still bombards us with calls every other day.

Kanwulia your Mum is an inspiration. She didnt wait for God or Allah to come down before taking control of her own life.
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by kaboninc(m): 5:19pm On Jun 23, 2015
This was your first post on this thread.

KanwuliaJara:

#1 & #2 ONLY! kiss

Meaning your dad was loving and a disciplinarian.

Then here you again:
KanwuliaJara:

I loved mine too!
ONLY BECAUSE HE DID NOT KNOW ANY BETTER, being raised in the HELL HOLE OF A LOVELESS, AFRICAN JUNGLE, repeating the mistakes of his BULLISH ancestors!

My mama try to stay with am for ONLY 8 years!
Getting her pregnant EVERY GADDEM year with his ANIMALISTIC, PSYCHO-RELIGIOUS sexual urges that produced almost 5 children in LESS THAN 4 years, WAS THE HEIGHT OF WICKEDNESS AND DOMESTIC ABUSE!!!!'
My mom had to RRRRRRRRUN for her dear life ke!

He never beat her with his hands!

But DAMMMMMN!
She suffered BY HIS BLOKOS!!!! cry
By 24, she had produced 4 children. . . 2 IN ONE YEAR!!! shocked

Toto nefa dry. . . . E don jump h-enter o! angry
See life?

And again:

KanwuliaJara:

So?
Where do you think I got my "EXORSIST AGGRESSIVE" behavior from? cheesy
My dad of course! The DUDE shouted from DAWN TO DUSK! Even in his SLEEP UNPROVOKED! shocked
Angry DADS who are ALWAYS BROKE breed HUNGRY AND ANGRY CHILDREN!!!!

My super-darling MOM ALWAYS RESCUED US O!!!!

Amen!!!! cool

And this:
KanwuliaJara:

LOL!!!!
Thank you jare!!!! cheesy

We all had NAIJA dads abi? cheesy
Broke-azzzze frustrated DEMONS! angry

The truth be always BITTER!
The lists of NEGATIVITIES are ENDLESS!

*dis thread go disappear soon. Saving snap-shots in my NL archives offline* cool

And this:

KanwuliaJara:

Please, speak or write for yourself o!

Naija dads? Hmmmmm!
Communication? ZERO!
Afectioneering? ZERO!
We all hated our dads growing up!
Why? Every NIGERIAN child HAS THE VISCERAL knowledge of what DYSFUNCTION tastes and feels like!

The most BRUTAL, SELFISH and YEAH SCHIZOID creatures that should be castrated at BIRTH! kiss

Are you really OKAY kanwu?
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by kaboninc(m): 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Which wan consine you na? grin
Irrelevant! cool

Am just very concerned as Sambarry is too
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by EfemenaXY: 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
Chillisauce:

Is not a Naija thing. Stvpidity is inbreed.
I used to have a senior roomate who graduated with very high 2:1 in Chemical Engineering. Immediately after school she got married and started breeding galore, only for husband to open second hand okrika clothes for her to sell undecided

My little sis saw her in the market and the look on her face embarassed.
I mean why study with such a good grade only to throw it all away. You could as well start your second hand business and give chance to those looking for admission.

But that's exactly the point I'm making.

She probably rushed to get married and to one way beneath her (in terms of academic achievement) because of the society's mentality towards young girls of marriageable ages. A society where most people believe that the next big thing in a girl's life immediately after graduation is to get married and have kids. More emphasis is placed on breeding than on further improving one's self / career.

I can't even begin to tell you how so many of the girls I knew back in Uni used to panic about not getting themselves husbands or at least fiancees by their final year. Each time we returned from holidays, the talk would be something like, "Oh, did you know that Mary / Theresa / Helen go married? When is my own happening na?"

1 Like

Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by KanwuliaJara: 5:23pm On Jun 23, 2015
kaboninc:

Am just very concerned as Sambarry is too

Concerned about what? undecided
Apparently, you both have other 'tinz' bothering you!
Sorry, I can't help you! kiss

1 Like

Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by KanwuliaJara: 5:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
kaboninc:
This was your first post on this thread.

Meaning your dad was loving and a disciplinarian.

Then here you again:

And again:

And this:

And this:

Are you really OKAY kanwu?

Please, make your contributions!
Yes, my dad was loving in THE DYDFUNCTIONAL AFRICAN WAY!

We have no other choices do we? wink
Poverty in AFRICA is a CARDINAL SIN! kiss
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by kaboninc(m): 5:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Concerned about what? undecided
Apparently, you both have other 'tinz' bothering you!
Sorry, I can't help you! kiss

Concerned about your well being.

I do care about you dear smiley
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by KanwuliaJara: 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
kaboninc:

Concerned about your well being.

I do care about you dear smiley

Since when? grin
Still on the subject!
Somebody cares about me on NL of all places?

Back to SENDER!!!!
Tufiakwaaaaaaaaaah ooooooooh! cry
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by kaboninc(m): 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Please, make your contributions!
Yes, my dad was loving in THE DYDFUNCTIONAL AFRICAN WAY!

We have no other choices do we? wink
Poverty in AFRICA is a CARDINAL SIN! kiss

No dear. Poverty is not a sin. Poverty my dear is relative.

With the description of your dad, he is in no way loving by any standard or measure.
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by kaboninc(m): 5:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Since when? grin
Still on the subject!
Somebody cares about me on NL of all places?

Back to SENDER!!!!
Tufiakwaaaaaaaaaah ooooooooh! cry

You are rejecting true love and care on Nairaland?

Is that you own way of showing your own love? By rejecting it?
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by KanwuliaJara: 5:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
kaboninc:

No dear. Poverty is not a sin. Poverty my dear is relative.

With the description of your dad, he is in no way loving by any standard or measure.

Then you never had an African DAD YOU KNEW!
Pele o! grin
Abeg! I don tok my own.
Waka dey go! kiss
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by KanwuliaJara: 5:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
kaboninc:

You are rejecting true love and care on Nairaland?

Is that you own way of showing your own love? By rejecting it?

I BIND IT!
I CAST IT!
I REBUKE IT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10M60dGcDoI
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by kaboninc(m): 5:38pm On Jun 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Then you never had an African DAD YOU KNEW!
Pele o! grin

I do have an AFRICAN DAD.

You do have your own definition of an African dad.

I am more interested in you.
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by kaboninc(m): 5:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

I BIND IT!
I CAST IT!
I REBUKE IT!

These are words you type.

I am really concerned about you.

Do we go to a friendly atmosphere were we can chat, like friends?
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by KanwuliaJara: 5:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
kaboninc:

I do have an AFRICAN DAD.

You do have your own definition of an African dad.

I am more interested in you.

Interested in who? undecided
Abeg point that radar somewhere else o!
I am not a fan of attention-seeking or giving on of of NL!
Thanks! kiss
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by KanwuliaJara: 5:48pm On Jun 23, 2015
kaboninc:

These are words you type.

I am really concerned about you.

Do we go to a friendly atmosphere were we can chat, like friends?

Chat offline with a NL?
Does lightening strike 2ice in one house? grin
Over my dead POOHSIE!!!! kiss
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 23, 2015
EfemenaXY:

But that's exactly the point I'm making.

She probably rushed to get married and to one way beneath her (in terms of academic achievement) because of the society's mentality towards young girls of marriageable ages. A society where most people believe that the next big thing in a girl's life immediately after graduation is to get married and have kids. More emphasis is placed on breeding than on further improving one's self / career.

I can't even begin to tell you how so many of the girls I knew back in Uni used to panic about not getting themselves husbands or at least fiancees by their final year. Each time we returned from holidays, the talk would be something like, "Oh, did you know that Mary / Theresa / Helen go married? When is my own happening na?"

Marriage is a very good thing when with the right person. But in a system like Nigeria where if you happen to leave your career to focus 24hrs on home front your husband decides one day to chase you out, where will you start from?
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by Stillfire: 5:48pm On Jun 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

The woman STROOOOOOONG!!!!
When my papa QUENCH finish, after over 30 years of FINAL divorce decree, NA SHE BUILD HOUSE FOR AM FOR IM VILLAGE, PAY OFF ALL IM DEBT AND HELPED US TO BURY HIM!

My joy?
He went to HER HOUSE to THANK HER BEFORE HE DIED!

Any body he saw, he will be shouting "MAKE UNA HELP ME THANK ANWULI O". . . And be crying IN TOP!

Good! As a NAIJA MAN MAKES HIS BED, so he DIES IN IT! cool

Dem go take ANGER AND WAHALA KEEEE DEMSEFS KE. . . . Dem family go dey shout winch-winch! undecided

Dem go dey SHOUT ASSSHAWO! ASSSSHAWO! Dey beg you for money to h-enter grave!

If my mamma nor LOVE US ehn? My papa for SUFFER ke!

The reason my sister and I took after MY MOM, having long realized that NAIJA MEN ARE ONLY GOOD FOR BREEEEDING!

Nothing to OFFER BUT TO PULL A WOMAN DOWN!

In their dreams or NIGHTMARES!

I don show my husband PEPPER KE! cheesy
Make e come pass SHOUT for my pikins dem head or DARE BEAT DEM, say e wan discipline dem ke!

I go KILLLLLLAM!!!! kiss

Psychos!

Mtcheeeeeeeew!!!!!

Lolllllll. grin grin grin grin
If your mother in her time had the guts to leave, what on earth is preventing these new-age married ones who are enduring worse in their marriages from saying enough is enough?

2 Likes

Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by Stillfire: 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by KanwuliaJara: 5:50pm On Jun 23, 2015
Back to topic please!!!!!
Daughters of PSYCHO-LOVING DADS repppppping!!!!!! cool
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by Stillfire: 5:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
Chillisauce:

Is that your afro shocked
Welcome to the club menh. Mine is a little longer than yours cheesy

Haa the afro sisters. I'm natural too, but I do wear wigs o. E no easy abeg. grin
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by kaboninc(m): 5:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Chat offline with a NL?
Does lightening strike 2ice in one house? grin
Over my dead POOHSIE!!!! kiss

I never said we'd be chatting offline.

I trust you would cherish your anonymous identity.

We can go to a friendly thread.....
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by kaboninc(m): 5:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Back to topic please!!!!!
Daughters of PSYCHO-LOVING DADS repppppping!!!!!! cool

You wanna consider my offer?
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
Stillfire:

Haa the afro sisters. I'm natural too, but I do wear wigs o. E no easy abeg. grin
you can make braids.
Its very difficult to maintain but what is easier? cheesy
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by Kimoni: 5:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
1 and 2. 4 is neither here nor there

Loving - yes, he loved his children to death

Disciplinarian - You can say that again, his house, his rules. He taught me first how to defy societal norms. I didn't even realize I was watching and learning then.

Religious - neither here nor there. He was an ECN christain - goes to church only on Easter Sunday, Christmas and New Year but God help that kid that is late for mass on Sunday.

I miss you Daddy.
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by KanwuliaJara: 5:55pm On Jun 23, 2015
kaboninc:

You wanna consider my offer?

No!
NEVER!!!! kiss
Did I ever intimate you that I was looking for "friends" from NL to "chat" with on or offline? undecided
I go go chat with ISIS members f"O"st o!
Twa!!!!!! cheesy
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by Stillfire: 5:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
Chillisauce:

you can make braids.
Its very difficult to maintain but what is easier? cheesy

Yes braids too as well. I just don't like sitting down for that.
My hair grows better natural, it makes up for the difficulty sha. grin
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by kaboninc(m): 5:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
Chillisauce:

Marriage is a very good thing when with the right person. But in a system like Nigeria where if you happen to leave your career to focus 24hrs on home front your husband decides one day to chase you out, where will you start from?

Why do you guys always ascribe this issue only to Nigeria as if it happens no where other than Nigeria?

Why do you feel that it is only in Nigeria a man can decide to chase a woman out of the home (forgetting that something must have caused it)?

Are the men in other countries saints? Is it only in Nigeria you find such wrong persons? Did you not marry a Nigerian?
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by kaboninc(m): 5:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

No!
NEVER!!!! kiss
Did I ever intimate you that I was looking for "friends" from NL to "chat" with on or offline? undecided
*Modified*

Never and yet you are kissing me?

I like you oh.

At least I don't hide my thoughts. That's why I am concerned.

LOL!!!!!!

You did not tell me. But you did not also come here to make enemies...did you?
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by KanwuliaJara: 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
kaboninc:

*Modified*

Never and yet you are kissing me?

I like you oh.

At least I don't hide my thoughts. That's why I am concerned.

LOL!!!!!!

You did not tell me. But you did not also come here to make enemies...did you?

Thanks!
Now, let us see you focus on the thread more! kiss
Re: Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With. by kaboninc(m): 6:00pm On Jun 23, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Thanks!
Now, let us see you focus on the thread more! kiss

Am focusing on the thread.

Are you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Won't He Treat Her As A Queen All The Days Of His Life? / The Cheating And Lying Husband: Power Prayer Points For The Wife. / Happy Father's Day!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.