Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,913 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) (1930 Views)

Owhorkire Rhino: "Is APC A Cult Group?" Ex UNIPORT SUG President Asks / Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) / River Water Level Rises Above Bridge As Man Drowns In Plateau State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) by free2ryhme: 12:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
The police in Lagos are on the trail of a suspected cultist, Anu Olokodana, for allegedly killing his friend, Adeleke Awosiga.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Awosiga drew Olokodana’s ire when he refused to join his friend’s cult group in the Isheri, Ojodu Berger area of the state.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Olokodana, who reportedly celebrated his birthday on the day of the incident, drowned Awosiga in a swimming pool during the party.

The party was said to have held at a hotel in the Isheri area.

Our correspondent learnt that on Saturday, June 13, 20-year-old Awosiga had come for Olokodana’s birthday bash, which was to last till dawn.

It was said an argument, however, ensued during the party, which allegedly made Olokodana to twist his friend’s neck before drowning him.

It was gathered that Awosiga’s family, who stayed in the Mowe area of Ogun State, reported the matter at the Isheri Police Division.

Our correspondent learnt that the deceased’s corpse was recovered by residents and policemen the following day.

The suspect and other cult members reportedly went into hiding after the incident.

It was learnt that two of them had, however, been arrested by the police. The duo reportedly confessed that they belonged to the same cult group with Olokodana.

One of the deceased’s relatives, who did not want to be mentioned, said Awosiga and Olokodana had been childhood friends, which made it difficult to believe that the suspect could kill his friend.

He added that the family members had yet to bury Awosiga as they were still in shock.

He said, “The suspect, Olokodana, is popularly called T-Fire. He is a cult member and he was at the party with other member of his cult group. Awosiga was also there to celebrate his friend’s birthday. As the party went on, a disagreement ensued between the two.

“Both men have been childhood friends, but their point of disagreements had always been over the cult membership. The suspect had always persuaded his friend to join his cult group, but the latter was not interested.

“On that Saturday, Olokodana invited many of his friends, including the deceased, to a hotel in the Isheri area to celebrate his birthday. The young men drank and had fun till dawn. The trouble started at about 4.30am.

“The next thing we heard was that Leke (Awosiga) had been drowned by Olokodana, and all his cult members had fled. We are still in shock over the matter.”

A resident who lives near the hotel, identified only as Alake, said Awosiga was killed when the cult members were dancing with one another’s girlfriends.

He said, “Olokodana’s girlfriend, identified only as Rashidat, at about 4am, started dancing with another cult member. Awosiga also requested to dance with her, but she declined and asked, ‘Are you one of us?’

“The deceased felt insulted, and replied that he was older than her. Other cult members got angry and pushed Awosiga out of the party hall.

“Olokodana also warned his friend not to go back to the hall.

“So, Awosiga stayed at the hotel’s swimming pool and started threatening the cult members. Olokodana went to the swimming pool area, twisted his friend’s neck and pushed him into the pool. That was how he drowned.”

PUNCH Metro learnt that the cult members immediately fled the hotel.

Our correspondent gathered that the deceased was rushed by residents and policemen to a nearby hospital where he was confirmed dead.

His corpse had reportedly been deposited at a morgue in Yaba, where an autopsy would be carried out.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident. He added that the matter had been transferred to the Department of Criminal Investigations, Yaba.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/man-drowns-friend-for-shunning-cult-group/
Re: Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) by kromoto: 12:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
Cultism is the most childish juvenile misbehavior ever known to man with dare consequence.

2 Likes

Re: Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) by EbubeOnoh(m): 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
Cultism is a dangerous game. I was once a cultist there is no gain there please don't join. I'm advicing any intending or aspiring person or persons please say no to Cultism

4 Likes

Re: Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) by oyindare(m): 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
EbubeOnoh:
Cultism is a dangerous game. I was once a cultist there is no gain there please don't join. I'm advicing any intending or aspiring person or persons please say no to Cultism
bro u can lie u cultist u get the mind?bro na joke oooooo
Re: Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) by oyindare(m): 12:31pm On Jun 23, 2015
That is the power of bad friend..but show me ur friend I will tell u who u are
Re: Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) by pyyxxaro: 12:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
That's the Sad end of Cultism

The guy on Yellow, must be a MTN worker embarassed
Re: Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) by fibial: 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2015
Mtn worker or a buccaneer...mtcheeew
Re: Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 23, 2015
Tajus fighting over one ugly dirty rashidat slut

Such is life in sophisticated Lagos

1 Like

Re: Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
kromoto:
Cultism is the most childish juvenile misbehavior ever known to man with dare consequence.

The foolishness can never be truly measured and calibrated

Only reserved for retardds .

But wait, why call them cults when they are just punks trying to gang b@ng
Re: Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) by kromoto: 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2015
PvtParts:

The foolishness can never be truly measured and calibrated

Only reserved for retardds .

But wait, why call them cults when they are just punks trying to Group Intimacy

You can say that again
Re: Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2015
oyindare:
bro u can lie u cultist u get the mind?bro na joke oooooo

Only a spineless broom stick wants to join a gang.

Gangs are the reserved social gatherings of brain dead retardds.
Re: Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) by Hollawaley(m): 2:50pm On Jun 23, 2015
I'll come back to modify after fasting
Re: Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) by Hollawaley(m): 2:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
I'll come back to modify after fasting. Anu oloko-fire
Re: Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) by Built2last: 2:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
many are mad but few are roaming
Re: Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
“So, Awosiga stayed at the hotel’s swimming pool and started threatening the cult members. Olokodana went to the swimming pool area, twisted his friend’s neck and pushed him into the pool. That was how he drowned.”
What a foolish man! Instead of him to leave he was threatening cultist!

Say No To Cultism

1 Like

Re: Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) by MEILYN(m): 3:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
Cultism is a childish rubbish. So many people have died in my area over this cultism rubbish. One id.iot was pressuring me join. I warned him, threatened to report him to the Police if he comes 10 yards close to me.

Nairaland critics, please you are needed here. This guy claims he is talented, come and prove him wrong.

https://www.nairaland.com/2399348/raw-music-freestyle-thread-love
Re: Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 23, 2015
HE SHOULDN'T HAVE GONE TO THAT PARTY WHICH WAS SCHEDULED TO LAST TDB, KNOWING HIS FRIEND IS A CULTIST AND HE DIDN'T WANT TO JOIN HIM, YET HE WANTED TO BELONG TO THEIR CREW BY WANTING TO ROCK THEIR GF.

RESPONSIBLE IS WHEN YOU START MINGLING WITH RESPONSIBLE FRIENDS.

RIP TO THE DECEASED.
Re: Man Drowns Friend For Refusing To Join His Cult Group In Lagos ( Pictures ) by AustineE1: 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
In Africa they say its wrong to talk bad of the dead but from the reported incidence above,i think the dead guy got himself into trouble.First by attending a party that was meant for a particular clandestine group,secondly insisting on dancing with a girl,even when he was told point blank by the gal that her 'body' is meant for the bad guys only. Lastly even after been ejected by the organizers,he stayed behind to flex his muscles.
My honest thinking is that his 'cultist' friend never intended hurting him,may be for old time sake but he was provoked and his friends as expected,proped him to go for a fight and the unfortunate result was death.
My submission is that since a crime has been committed, the perpetrator must be brought to book but for manslaughter.
A big lesson for all,if you reject evil,reject it in totality.

(1) (Reply)

Hypocrites! Buhari Is The Greatest Tribal Bigot / Video Of How Bukola Saraki Was Stoned And Bullied In Ilorin / Who Is Fooling Who???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.