Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Buhari, Wife Should Be Advocates Of Child Rights — Onyeka Onwenu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Wife Should Be Advocates Of Child Rights — Onyeka Onwenu (864 Views)

Body Of Senior Advocates Of Nigeria Backs NBA Position On Corrupt Judges / Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" / Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Wife Should Be Advocates Of Child Rights — Onyeka Onwenu by wolesmile(m): 1:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ms Onyeka Onwenu, the Director-General, National Centre for Women Development (NCWD), on Friday urged President Muhammadu Buhari and his wife, Aisha to be promoters and advocates of child rights.

Onwenu, a famous Nigerian artiste, gave the advice in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja.

“At this stage, we have to implore Mr President and the wife of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to take it on as a very important issue, talk about it anywhere they go.

“It’s so important to protect the child; we can’t move forward as a society unless we protect those who are not able to protect themselves.

She emphasised the need for all the 36 states of the federation to domesticate the Child Right’s Act (CRA) passed in the country in 2003.

Onwenu said, “The first family, public institutions, media and the civil societies must advocate more on it for these states to do the needful.“

She urged the state governors and the various state houses of assembly to be proactive in ensuring the domestication of the Act.

“We must say to the governors and the various state Legislatures that the Act is aimed at protecting these young ones. So, it is more of their responsibilities to protect these young people.

“They have to be made to explain to us why they are not comfortable with recognising or domesticating this Act,“ she said.

NAN reports that 24 states have so far domesticated the law, which is aimed at protecting children’s rights.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/buhari-wife-should-be-advocates-of-child-rights-onyeka-onwenu/#sthash.T8LCo7qF.dpuf
Re: Buhari, Wife Should Be Advocates Of Child Rights — Onyeka Onwenu by belamour(m): 1:47pm On Jun 23, 2015
Space Booked For Agarawu23
Re: Buhari, Wife Should Be Advocates Of Child Rights — Onyeka Onwenu by Feranchek(m): 2:05pm On Jun 23, 2015
Brb. Make I go buy land for other places grin
Re: Buhari, Wife Should Be Advocates Of Child Rights — Onyeka Onwenu by ogb5(m): 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2015
Onyeka, your preaching came too late. You want A'boki man and Madam to push for Child right? what will happen to all the Almajiris needed for future election rigging and for soaking dogs and baboons in blood.

Park well joor.

Child rights Act has been passed since 2003, thats 12yrs ago, so forget about it, some people must have the right to marry 9 yrs old kids, others must also have the right to dump there children in the street as almajiri.

Am by the way, do you really think a child who married an old man as a child bride, is the right candidate to spearhead child right? unless she has come to see the evil of child marriage.

Aisha will need to tell us if her stand on child marriage has changed before we saddle her with child right crusade.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Wife Should Be Advocates Of Child Rights — Onyeka Onwenu by wolesmile(m): 2:24pm On Jun 23, 2015
ogb5:
Onyeka, your preaching came too late. You want A'boki man and Madam to push for Child right? what will happen to all the Almajiris needed for future election rigging and for soaking dogs and baboons in blood.

Park well joor.

Child rights Act has been passed since 2003, thats 12yrs ago, so forget about it, some people must have the right to marry 9 yrs old kids, others must also have the right to dump there children in the street as almajiri.

Am by the way, do you really think a child who married an old man as a child bride, is the right candidate to spearhead child right? unless she has come to see the evil of child marriage.

Aisha will need to tell us if her stand on child marriage has changed before we saddle her with child right crusade.

How old was A'isha when she married Buhari? and how long ago was that? How old was Buhari when A'isha married him? Was he an old man then? was she a child bride? Get urself examined...
Re: Buhari, Wife Should Be Advocates Of Child Rights — Onyeka Onwenu by ogb5(m): 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
wolesmile:

How old was A'isha when she married Buhari? and how long ago was that? How old was Buhari when A'isha married him? Was he an old man then? was she a child bride? Get urself examined...

The most generous estimate I have seen is that Aisha started knacking pa DD in 1989 when pa DD was 47 yrs old. By that time Aisha was a teenager. Any teenager that starts knacking 47 yrs old baba is not the right candidate for advice on child rights.

What advice do you want from her? that our teenage daughters should be running after 50 yrs old men?

God forbid bad thing.

DD= Duara Dullard
Re: Buhari, Wife Should Be Advocates Of Child Rights — Onyeka Onwenu by natas22: 6:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
Re: Buhari, Wife Should Be Advocates Of Child Rights — Onyeka Onwenu by natas22: 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
Feranchek:
Brb. Make I go buy land for other places grin
Lmao how much is for that space I kinda like it

www.
Re: Buhari, Wife Should Be Advocates Of Child Rights — Onyeka Onwenu by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 23, 2015
Too late

- when you were enjoying Jonathan's govt, did you remember this right?
- my respect for you has been lost due to the service under Patience Jonathan's led women organisation.
- I see you want to spite the new government undecided
Re: Buhari, Wife Should Be Advocates Of Child Rights — Onyeka Onwenu by Feranchek(m): 7:31pm On Jun 23, 2015
natas22:

Lmao how much is for that space I kinda like it

www.

Bros, contact my agent biko grin
Re: Buhari, Wife Should Be Advocates Of Child Rights — Onyeka Onwenu by natas22: 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
Feranchek:

Bros, contact my agent biko grin
No wonder ibo my container OK I will do that but no commission oh and no agent fee oh Lil
www.
Re: Buhari, Wife Should Be Advocates Of Child Rights — Onyeka Onwenu by Feranchek(m): 8:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
natas22:

No wonder ibo my container OK I will do that but no commission oh and no agent fee oh Lil
www.

Those ones necessary na....
Re: Buhari, Wife Should Be Advocates Of Child Rights — Onyeka Onwenu by natas22: 8:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
Feranchek:

Those ones necessary na....
But you wicked na make I try other sellers like INTROVERT her price might be lower grin cheesy
www.
Re: Buhari, Wife Should Be Advocates Of Child Rights — Onyeka Onwenu by Feranchek(m): 8:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
natas22:

But you wicked na make I try other sellers like INTROVERT her price might be lower grin cheesy
www.

She no dey like sell o0oo0

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo Enjoins Nigerians To Prepare For “permanent Change” / Can Tinubu Reconcile With SE And SE? / Some Legal Wrongs Often Done By The Nigerian Police Toward The Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.