Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,250 members, 7,829,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK (5625 Views)

Ohaneze Unveils Biafra Land 50 Year Development Plan / Victory For Saraki As Buhari, Tinubu’s Latest Master Plan Gets Exposed / Victory For Saraki As Buhari, Tinubu’s Latest Master Plan Gets Exposed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by Atouke: 3:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
Nigeria’s Federal Executive Council (FEC) has formally approved the ongoing development of the Ibom Deep Seaport & Free Trade Zone in Akwa Ibom State.

Felak Concept Limited (Abuja, Nigeria) and MTBS (Rotterdam, the Netherlands) are the Transaction Advisors for the project.

The project is monitored by the Ministerial Project Development and Steering Committee (MPDSC). FEC approval paves the way for the upcoming PPP Concession tender by means of which international port investors and operators are identified and selected for the development.

The Ibom Deep Sea Port & Free Trade Zone is a Greenfield port and FTZ development in Akwa Ibom State in southeast Nigeria. The port is projected to become a cargo gateway for the vast central and eastern Nigerian markets and beyond.

Development and subsequent operation of the port will generate substantial economic activity in the region.

http://www.dredgingtoday.com/2015/06/16/ibom-port-development-plan-gets-ok/

5 Likes

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by Atouke: 4:00pm On Jun 23, 2015
Yay, finally The ibom seaport project has been approved after a lot of foot dragging. Thank God, this is going to be a game changer for Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by notobs: 4:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
Wow this is the best news of the year

6 Likes

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by jazzydee: 4:07pm On Jun 23, 2015
This is very nice move @op do you know where the port is going to be sited? I heard that the port is no longer going to be at Ibaka, but has been moved to a new location hence the change of Name from Ibaka to Ibom deep seaport.
Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by Idrismusty97(m): 4:07pm On Jun 23, 2015
What Jonathan couldn't do in six years! The SS will definitely benefit more from the Buhari led adminstration.

5 Likes

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by Atouke: 4:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
jazzydee:
This is very nice move @op do you know where the port is going to be sited? I heard that the port is no longer going to be at Ibaka, but has been moved to a new location hence the change of Name from Ibaka to Ibom deep seaport.

I don't know for sure but if you click on the source of the news i posted above you will find a location for the Ibom Deep seaport, it is no way near Ibaka, but is right on the atlantic ocean. I dont know if they made a mistake on the position or if it is the actual site for the seaport.
Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by LoveMachine(m): 4:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
Idrismusty97:
What Jonathan couldn't do in six years! The SS will definitely benefit more from the Buhari led adminstration.

GBAM! Say it again! The next 4 years will be very prosperous for all regions.

5 Likes

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by gwales: 4:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
The effect of change
Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by ujoinme: 4:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
Thank God the federal Executive council has finally approved this All important project. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy am all smiles now, this will be the most important project in Akwa Ibom State and it is good for Nigeria as it has the capability to create a lot of jobs for the nations Unemployed and under employed.

1 Like

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by notobs: 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2015
moderators cc:lalasticala front page please
Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by DaGC(m): 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2015
Good news smiley

Nigeria keeps developing, albeit at a slow pace.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by NDPVF(m): 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2015
Wow.*singing* Abasi ayaya o o,ayaya o o, Abasi ayaya o o...
This land of promise,must bless all men and women of goodwill.
I see a great future.
Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by jazzydee: 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2015
Atouke:

I don't know for sure but if you click on the source of the news i posted above you will find a location for the Ibom Deep seaport, it is no way near Ibaka, but is right on the atlantic ocean. I dont know if they made a mistake on the position or if it is the actual site for the seaport.

Ok thanks, I have seen the location on google map its in Ibeno LGA, This confirms the rumour that the location for the port has been moved. well i hope there is a good reason for that move.
Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by NDPVF(m): 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
ujoinme:
Thank God the federal Executive council has finally approved this All important project. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy am all smiles now, this will be the most important project in Akwa Ibom State and it is good for Nigeria as it has the capability to create a lot of jobs for the nations Unemployed and under employed.
you can say that again.
Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by NDPVF(m): 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2015
jazzydee:

Ok thanks, I have seen the location on google map its in Ibeno LGA, This confirms the rumour that the location for the port has been moved. well i hope there is a good reason for that move.
I dont think its here.If not Ibaka,it will be Oron.but anywhere,we are greatful.
Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by BLOTRS: 4:34pm On Jun 23, 2015
I pray day and night for the completion of this port.... wink umunnem, ife a bu ifeoma

1 Like

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by BLOTRS: 4:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
Idrismusty97:
hey! hey!! hey!!! pls i beg u and your likes...don't stain this thread with these kind of posts

8 Likes

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by NDPVF(m): 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
Idrismusty97:
[s]What Jonathan couldn't do in six years!
[/s]Thunder f!re you azz hole.Quit writing trash.The project was conceptualized and everything set in motion under Gej.This useless snail and 'dullardic' administration only approved it.
The SS will definitely benefit more from the Buhari led adminstration.
your useless duara dullard has got no choice.we are the economic power house of this shambolic banana republic,and hence,he has got no chioce.Again,because he knows the project in question is under public purview,and is being closely monitored by the entire eastern region,thats why he couldnt relegate it.so,quick talking trash!.

7 Likes

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by NDPVF(m): 4:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
BLOTRS:

hey! hey!! hey!!! pls i beg u and your likes...don't stain this thread with these kind of posts
Dont mind that azzhole.

7 Likes

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by gwales: 4:40pm On Jun 23, 2015
NDPVF:
[/s]Thunder f!re you azz hole.Quit writing trash.The project was conceptualized and everything set in motion under Gej.This useless snail and 'dullardic' administration only approved it.your useless duara dullard has got no choice.we are the economic power house of this shambolic banana republic,and hence,he has got no chioce.Again,because he knows the project in question is under public purview,and is being closely monitored by the entire eastern region,thats why he couldnt relegate it.so,quick talking trash!.
God bless GMB... What jonadumb couldn't do, the Daura President did

3 Likes

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by atiakatata: 4:48pm On Jun 23, 2015
I think this was done by GEJ because currently there is no constituted FEC. Maybe one of GEJs last actions

6 Likes

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by jazzydee: 4:48pm On Jun 23, 2015
Idrismusty97:

Seven Ports Ready to Invest at Ibaka Deep Seaport

Seven port authorities in the world have indicated interests to participate in the development of Ibaka Deep Seaport in Mbo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.

Governor Godswill Akpabio, who stated this on Monday when elders of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from Oro nation paid him a courtesy visit at Government House, Uyo, mentioned Bolorous, a Spanish group among the core investors.

Akpabio, however, commended President Goodluck Jonathan for granting approval for the commencement of Ibaka Deep Seaport and Ibaka Deep Seaport Authority, which confers on the port the status of a Free Trade Zone licence that will enable prospective investors to build and pay no tax for five years.

He recalled that the state government had spent a huge amount of money to secure documents to meet international requirements for the port, and attributed delay in getting approval of the port to strict due process. He said the port has received approvals from Nigerian Port Authority and the Federal Ministries of Finance and Transport.

The governor said the port expected to create 50,000- 100,000 jobs for the youths would complement that of Apapa in Lagos and other ports in the country, calling for sensitisation and education of the youths to guarantee peace and community cooperation in the area.

Akpabio further stated that the Federal Executive Council has approved the establishment of Federal University of Maritime Studies at Oron to offer Ordinary National Diploma, Higher National Diploma and degree to students.

Earlier, the leader of the delegation, Dr. Esin Nkereuwem had lauded the governor for the construction of roads, provision of free education and establishment of Akwa Ibom International Airport, among others in the state.

Nkereuwem, therefore, called on the governor to fully integrate Oro nation into mainstream politics of the state, and appealed to him to redeem a bus pledged to Methodist Church Nigeria, Oro Diocese.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/seven-ports-ready-to-invest-at-ibaka-deep-seaport/210532/

FYI: FEC has not meet since buhari became president!

6 Likes

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
I said it! Buhari tenure no doubt would be more beneficial. What jonathan cn"t do in six years,my president did within months. The effect of change!!

3 Likes

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by poiZon: 4:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
godwin...... make i dust my muscles cos e don tey wey i lift things. akwaibom isongo iya iyai
Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by NDPVF(m): 4:55pm On Jun 23, 2015
[s]
gwales:
God bless GMB... What jonadumb couldn't do, the Daura President did
[/s]Thats exactly you guys stock in trade.Always claiming the works of past administration.Just exactly how you idiats goes about claiming that the turn around mentainance(TAM) project of Nigerian refineries awarded by the immediate past administration,by NNPC,for the revitalization of the refineries,is now one of Daura dullards achievements,when it is obvious that for the past two weeks he is in power,he is busy taking pictures,galavanting like a tourist,from one country to another.he has neither awarded any contract,nor released fund to contractors.keep phooling ya self.Unam.

7 Likes

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by gwales: 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
NDPVF:
[s][/s]Thats exactly you guys stock in trade.Always claiming the works of past administration.Just exactly how you idiats goes about claiming that the turn around mentainance(TAM) project of Nigerian refineries awarded by the immediate past administration,by NNPC,for the revitalization of the refineries,is now one of Daura dullards achievements,when it is obvious that for the past two weeks he is in power,he is busy taking pictures,galavanting like a tourist,from one country to another.he has neither awarded any contract,nor released fund to contractors.keep phooling ya self.Unam.
thanks GMB, the south south are now feeling the effect of change

1 Like

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by ujoinme: 5:07pm On Jun 23, 2015
Emmanuel inaugurates technical committee on actualisation of Ibom Deep Seaport

The 10-member Technical Committee on the actualisation of Ibom Deep Seaport has been inaugurated with an assignment to pilot the process for the actualization of Ibom Deep Seaport on or before December 31, 2018.

Governor Udom Emmanuel, who gave the charge Thursday after inauguration of the committee, further mandated the members to draw up a road map in collaboration with other stakeholders for the next project phase.

Emmanuel asked the committee to review the Outline Business Case (OBC) and other relevant documents to guide in the timely delivery of the project and to ensure compliance with the ICRC Act, 2005 and the National Policy on Public-Private Partnership (PPP) in the overall project implementation.

The governor noted “Ibaka Deep Seaport is an audacious attempt to re-write the maritime story of Akwa Ibom State. It holds the promise of an industrial revolution of our State. It holds the promise of the industrialization of Akwa Ibom. It holds the promise of the creation of over 100,000 jobs. It holds the promise of a self-sustaining commercial city with oil and gas support services. It holds the promise of our finally tapping into our awesome and largely untapped maritime potentials”.

According to him, ”It is a seed of greatness which when we plant it, and it germinates, it shall provide economic and social shelter for millions of Akwa Ibom people. It is a project with multiple benefits to our state, our nation and our sub-region. It encapsulates the dream of this administration for the industrial rebirth of Akwa Ibom State. And the industrialization of this State is an article of faith with my administration.

The governor remarked ”The list of countries that trace their roots of rapid industrialization to seaports is endless. Foreign Direct Investments flows ceaselessly in Malaysia because of its freight business. Port Klang alone has trade links with over 180 countries, and more than 500 ports. With this, there is no way their economy will fail to thrive. Even the economy of the United States of America is also largely dependent on its waterborne trade.

“More than 13.3 million Americans work in port-related jobs that generate nearly 650 billion Dollars in annual personal income and 212.4 billion Dollars in federal, state and local taxes. In Florida specifically, sea ports generate more than 550,000 direct and indirect jobs. The story is not different in Singapore and other Asian Tigers. It can also be our story. This is our dream and vision for our State. Together, we can get there. The climb might be steep. But I have never been more hopeful than I am today that we will get there through your significant contribution at this stage of our administration”, he recapped.

While congratulating the members on their appointment, he posited that ”The success or failure of this enterprise, therefore, will not depend on their heads, but on their hearts. If they come to work with the right attitude, the right mind-set and the right passion, they will succeed. When they succeed, we succeed as a people. Therefore, we urge them not to rest on their oars and treat this task as a stroll in the park. They must keep it in their hearts that to whom much is given much is expected. We expect much from them – in fact Akwa Ibom expects them to draw water from stones.

“With so much at stake, we took the greatest care to select men and women who have the strongest set of skills to turn this dream into a reality. The Chairman of this Technical Committee for the Realization of Ibom Deep Seaport, She has the expertise, skills and experience needed for this task. The other members of the Committee are all men and women who have reached the zenith of their professions, and have competences needed for the task ahead. We are proud of all of them’’, he added.

He said they have been carefully selected to bear critical responsibility for the attainment of a major goal of this administration and launch our beloved State to the pinnacle of greatness, enjoining ‘’Let me, therefore, invite you to share in the urgency of the moment. The Ibom Deep Sea Port will be an industrial mix that will pump our economy to its highest calibration of performance like it is in other climes’’.

Emmanuel implored every player drafted into this dream team in whatever role or capacity, to play as if the success of the game depends on his wing, stating “On our part as a government, be rest assured that we will give you all the needed support and co-operation for you to function optimally. We have faith and great expectation that together, we shall safely anchor at our industrial destination. Contribute your quota in our quest to open up Akwa Ibom as the industrial hub of the Gulf of Guinea, and not again the by-word for neglect. This is our chance. This is our moment. This is our time. And I dare to say, the time is right”.

The committee has Barr. (Mrs.) Mfon Usoro, a former Director General of Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency as Chairman whileDr. Emmanuel Ekuwem, Mr. Chidi Izuwah, Mr. Idongesit Udofa, Engr. Ekong Umo-Otong, Rear Admiral Francis Akpan, Barr. Aniekan Ukpanah, Mr. Charles Udonwah, Mrs. Akon Eyakenyi and Engr. Etido Inyang are members.

The committee is to liaise with the Federal Ministry of Transport, Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA), and Ministerial Project Development Steering Committee (MPDSC) in all procurement processes in line with the Public Procurement Act 2007; evaluate Technical reports from the Transaction Adviser (TA) & Operator and ensure implementation.

Other terms of reference are to work with the host communities in resolving issues incidental to the realization of the Deep Seaport Project, commence discussion with various investors on the Ibom Industrial City Projects and to submit regular Project Progress reports to the Governor of Akwa Ibom State

http://worldstagegroup.com/index.php?active=news&newscid=22797&catid=2

1 Like

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by ujoinme: 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2015
Nigerian port moves closer to PPP
18 Jun 2015

Approval: Nigeria's new port complex is pushing ahead
Nigeria’s Federal Executive Council has approved the ongoing development of Ibom Deep Seaport & Free Trade Zone in Akwa Ibom State, paving the way for a public-private partnership concession.
The greenfield port and free trade zone development in southeast Nigeria aims to become a cargo gateway for central and eastern Nigerian markets and beyond.
Felak Concept and Netherlands-based MTBS are advising on the project, which is being monitored by the Ministerial Project Development and Steering Committee (MPDSC).
- See more at: http://www.portstrategy.com/news101/world/africa/nigerian-port-moves-closer-to-ppp#sthash.X7zMWQge.dpuf
Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by NDPVF(m): 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
[s]
gwales:
thanks GMB, the south south are now feeling the effect of change
[/s]We are wiser!.Your media propaganda wont sell one bit anymore.Tell that islamic jihardist of a president to hit the ground running.stop claiming other peoples effort.stop quoting me,if you ain't a robot.

5 Likes

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by atlwireles: 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
Buhari does not have an FEC.

7 Likes

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by ujoinme: 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
A 3-D model for the Ibom deep seaport project.

Re: Ibom Port Development Plan Gets OK by gwales: 5:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
NDPVF:
[s][/s]We are wiser!.Your media propaganda wont sell one bit anymore.Tell that islamic jihardist of a president to hit the ground running.stop claiming other peoples effort.stop quoting me,if you ain't a robot.
thank you GMB, the niger delta people are very grateful

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Vs Smart Adeyemi - Kogi West Senatorial Battle (result) / Seyi Tinubu & Friends Close Ikoyi Bridge With Policemen To Race Lamborghini / Imo REC Can’t Conduct Credible Assembly Poll – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.