Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,616 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices (1515 Views)

Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly / EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: House Of Rep Members Fighting Over Principal Offices / APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by Ogatitus: 8:44pm On Jun 23, 2015
ABUJA- CRISIS rocking the All Progressives Congress, APC , over the selection of principal officers for the Senate, Tuesday deepened as the meeting of the caucus members of the party in the upper chamber ended in deadlock.

At the meeting of the Senators to address the problem, some senators engaged in physical combat bringing the meeting to an abrupt end.
According to a source, the parley held behind closed door in Meeting Room 3:01,  had about 40 Senators in attendance as Senator Danjuma Goje, Gombe Central, led the group loyal to Senate President Bukola Saraki, while Senator Barnabas Gemade, Benue North East, led the group loyal to  Senator Ahmad Lawan.

Declaring open the meeting, Saraki  said, “I appeal to you all to let us do those things that will unite us than do those that will divide us. For me, I am ready and desirous, as colleagues to work with all of you in order to provide that focused leadership in the Senate and National Assembly as an institution.
Despite Saraki’s appeal, a source told Vanguard that the position Senators loyal to the Senate President  proposed that principal officers must emerge through an electoral process, conducted by Zonal caucuses, which will then present winners to the Senate President by Tuesday,  for announcement at the plenary, the next day.

The Unity Forum, a group of Senators loyal to Senator Lawan, however,  disagreed, insisting that only names nominated by the APC leadership for the offices must be adhered to.

There was a melodrama when Senator Kabir Marafa, Zamfara Central and Senator Tayo Alasoadura, Ondo Central were involved in fisticuffs over their opposing positions.

Vanguard gathered that Senator Rafiu Ibrahim (Kwara) and other Senators intervened, saving the ugly situation from degenerating further.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/apc-senators-in-physical-combat-over-sharing-of-principal-offices/
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by lurther: 8:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
I watched the fight on channels News this night by 8pm and what came to my mind was just pity for Nigerians.

So after all, it was not about change, it was simply about interest of the politicians, and Nigerians were shouting change. Imagine showing on TV, fight between Saraki group and Lawan Group backed by Tinubu.

Even PDP in their internal crisis never showcased this crass idiocy and stupidity. Nigerians are in for a four years long Nights of wait.

Why do I have the feeling that before the end of this administration, GEJ's tenure will be child's play. The same governors that forced GEJ to share the excess crude oil account money that was been saved for rainy days have started to force Buhari to share NLNG's money today, in the name of owing their workers salary.

I even thought Buhari said he met an empty treasure and the governors today requested Buhari to share 1.9billion Dollars NLNG money today. This APC no wan stop their propaganda, even as they have gotten power.

This four years will be funny.... APC senators tearing fighting. Before you know it, PDP will highjack the remaining leadership positions in the national assembly.

2 Likes

Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by ozo13(m): 8:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
PDP=APC - Buhari. Useless ppl

1 Like

Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by CR77(f): 8:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
This is just the beginning...

lol change is here cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by g4everybody(m): 8:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE !!!
Nigerians are beginning to see the change they promise us. Its high time we understand that those lawmakers are there for their personal interest
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by Bonapart(m): 8:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
And some hediots still believe this power craving Apc...
It's crystal clear that all they wanted was power and not the well being of Nigerians

These fools don't even know the meaning of change

1 Like

Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by wildchild1: 8:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
This is getting more interesting

In other news,30pairs of TOMS shoes available for sale
https://www.nairaland.com/2392439/100-pairs-toms-unisex-shoes
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by Slimzjoe(m): 8:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
Old men Fighting undecided

What will there children Think about them
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
grin the change continues...
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
changers that need changing
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by enitanpopoola(m): 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
This is just the beginning...
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by Slimzjoe(m): 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
lurther:

Shey na .Fight grin
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by otunbashonny(m): 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
Pics or I don't believe it
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by cold(m): 8:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
These idíots are at it again. They struggled for power without knowing what to do with it. Funny how they're all acting confused and mesmerised from the top to the bottom,the same scenario is playing out.
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
LegislaTHIEVES. angry
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by haymoney01(m): 8:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
Lol. I dnt believe all this news
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by CR77(f): 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
cheesy
otunbashonny:
Pics or I don't believe it
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
SMH
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by Mufasa27(m): 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
Let the battle begin !
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by Adexchelsea19(m): 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
lolz...change indeed
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by hambehsam(m): 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
Watching and waiting
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by richieroxy(f): 8:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
was not expecting anything else undecided
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by oluwatomiwa(m): 8:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
useless people called lawbreakers
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by Mufasa27(m): 8:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
haymoney01:
Lol. I dnt believe all this news
I know say if na pdp senators you go believe.... Hypocrites everywhere !
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
LegislaTHIEVES. angry The biggest problems of the country.
Y dem no go fight wen money is involved..
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by emekamn(m): 8:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
no be small change oh
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by toluene2016(m): 8:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
Issokay
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by TOBIeee68(m): 8:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
gud of you saraki we want leader nt politics n party leader kudos to our president
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by obxddon(m): 8:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
Dem never chi-chum-chin
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by Trailblazer1(m): 8:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
Nobody should separate them O
After fighting we shall see who is giving each other change

John Oyegun was earlier boasting that on Tuesday, we shall see a more united APC
But, alas! The bunch of selfish power drunk kleptomanic kids keep disgracing themselves.

Are these kids supposed to be my leaders?

Nigeria, what have we done to ourself
Re: APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices by kestolove95(m): 9:00pm On Jun 23, 2015
Confused party

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eight Persons Die In Fulani/agatu Clash In Kogi / Diezani's Arrest Made Me Very Happy - Oshiomhole / Incase You Dont Know, Nnamdi Kanu Have been Arrested Before.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.