Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Why Has The Fight Against Boko Haram Suddenly Gone Cold? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Has The Fight Against Boko Haram Suddenly Gone Cold? (766 Views)

US Deploys Ground Forces Against Boko Haram / Why Has Boko Haram Suddenly Stopped Converting To Christianity In Lagos Churches / Why Boko Haram Suddenly Wakes Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has The Fight Against Boko Haram Suddenly Gone Cold? by jacksonite: 8:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
The fight against insurgency before the general election was gathering steam with good results to show. Towns and villages were being recaptured and military authorities were briefing the nation on current developments on the war front. There was a general expectation of an impending victory. Meanwhile Buhari was also promising to prioritize security if elected. Nigeria took him for his word and elected him President. My worry now is that one month into this new regime has seemingly rendered our military less potent. While the insurgents have stepped up their attacks since then our military has being generally subdued in both the propaganda and in the war front. In fact our forces have not carried out any preemptive or reprisal attack on the insurgents since this government was sworn in. Why is the expected change taking so long to happen?
Re: Why Has The Fight Against Boko Haram Suddenly Gone Cold? by temitemi1(m): 8:55pm On Jun 23, 2015
Because they are now in government...

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Fight Against Boko Haram Suddenly Gone Cold? by solarview(m): 8:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
C
Re: Why Has The Fight Against Boko Haram Suddenly Gone Cold? by crazygod(m): 8:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ask President Buhari.... grin that name cracks me up
Re: Why Has The Fight Against Boko Haram Suddenly Gone Cold? by Princecalm(m): 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2015
strategies are now being kept extremely secret since BH get to know the next movement of attack before they are executed by the millitary. But do a expect a sublimed change
Re: Why Has The Fight Against Boko Haram Suddenly Gone Cold? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 23, 2015
crazygod:
Ask President Buhari.... grin that name cracks me up
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked President Buhari shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Has The Fight Against Boko Haram Suddenly Gone Cold? by hahn(m): 9:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
solarview:
C

For coded

Op, me sef tire for the matter. It is really disturbing especially considering the amount of bombings that have been going on recently.

However, my guess is the attack on BH must be systematic and well planned especially considering that they have a good number of hostages with them. It will be unwise for the military to bomb them and risk killing hostages and innocent civilians in the process
Re: Why Has The Fight Against Boko Haram Suddenly Gone Cold? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2015
Politics

Buhari will rather handicap the current service chiefs or send them on a wild goose chase in calabar creeks in order to make them unpopular

That way he will have enough justification to do what we know he will do anyway and make some Alhaji the chief of army staff!
Re: Why Has The Fight Against Boko Haram Suddenly Gone Cold? by jacksonite: 9:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
temitemi1:
Because they are now in government...
That is what I mean. Now that they are in government they should seize the opportunity of a some how weakened boko haram and finish them off instead of allowing them time to regroup.
Re: Why Has The Fight Against Boko Haram Suddenly Gone Cold? by temitemi1(m): 9:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
Can Boko Haram finish Boko Haram
jacksonite:
That is what I mean. Now that they are in government they should seize the opportunity of a some how weakened boko haram and finish them off instead of allowing them time to regroup.
Re: Why Has The Fight Against Boko Haram Suddenly Gone Cold? by atiakatata: 9:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
Boko Haram is now in Government
Re: Why Has The Fight Against Boko Haram Suddenly Gone Cold? by sainty2k3(m): 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
Its because we no longer make noise, this is time for action
Re: Why Has The Fight Against Boko Haram Suddenly Gone Cold? by fair14: 10:20pm On Jun 23, 2015
Dullardihno is planning for them

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Massacre 15 People In Rivers / Why Are PDP/TAN Members Saying ''this Is Not The CHANGE I Voted For''? / Photo: Keke Tow Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.